AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- India recently (in Mar’21) commissioned an Ocean Surveillance & Nuclear Missile Tracking Vessel, ______________, to become the 5th country in the world to have such a Tracking Vessel.
1) INS Arihant
2) INS Arighat
3) INS Sindhughosh
4) INS Dhruv
5) INS TarkashAnswer-4) INS Dhruv
India commissioned its Ocean Surveillance & Nuclear Missile Tracking Vessel called ‘INS Dhruv’, with this it became the 5th Country after USA, France, Russia & China to possess such a Tracking vessel. It was constructed at Hindustan Shipyard Ltd, Visakhapatnam under the Make in India initiative at an ~ cost of INR 725 Crore. Apart from tracking missiles & satellites, it can also gather electronic intelligence. The vessel will have a crew of 300 personnel & a single helicopter.
- Which of the following Loss making PSU under the Ministry of Textiles was approved for closure by the Union Cabinet, in March 2021?
1) Central Cottage Industries Corporation
2) British India Corporation Ltd
3) Jute Corporation of India
4) Handicrafts & Handlooms Export Corporation of India Ltd
5) National Jute Manufactures Corporation LtdAnswer-4) Handicrafts & Handlooms Export Corporation of India Ltd
On March 16, 2021, the Union Cabinet headed by PM Modi gave approval to several important proposals.
· The cabinet approved the closure of Handicrafts & Handlooms Export Corporation of India Limited (HHEC). HHEC is a PSU under the administrative control of the Ministry of Textiles. HHEC has been facing losses since FY 2015-16.
· The Cabinet also gave approval for Revised Cost Estimates for strengthening the Transmission & Distribution lines in Arunachal Pradesh & Sikkim.
- The Union Cabinet gave approval (in Mar’21) for the creation of the Development Finance Institution (DFI). What was the total amount allocated in Union Budget-2021 for creating DFI?
1) Rs. 50,000 crore
2) Rs. 1,00,000 crore
3) Rs. 20,000 crore
4) Rs. 10,000 crore
5) Rs. 35,000 croreAnswer-3) Rs. 20,000 crore
On March 16, 2021, the Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi gave approval for the creation of Development Finance Institution (DFI) with Capital Infusion of INR 20, 000 Crore. The setting up of DFI was announced in the Union Budget 2021-22. DFI is a government-backed specialised banking institution for enabling the development of the private sector in developing countries.
- Recently (in Mar’21), the Union Cabinet gave approval for signing of an MoU for improving bilateral cooperation in Sports & Youth Affairs. Which country will sign the MoU with India?
5) MalaysiaAnswer-2) Maldives
The Union Cabinet approved (in March 2021) the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports of India & the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment of the Maldives for cooperation in Sports & Youth Affairs. Bilateral Exchange Programme will help in Sharing Knowledge & Expertise in the area of sports science, sports medicine, coaching techniques, participation in youth festivals & Camps.
- Which countries participated along-side India in the 6th IBSA Women’s Forum meeting that was held virtually, chaired by Union Minister Smriti Irani?
1) Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan
2) Brazil, South Africa
3) Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Australia
4) Bangladesh, South Africa
5) Brazil, Singapore, AustraliaAnswer-2) Brazil, South Africa
The 6th India-Brazil-South Africa (IBSA) Women’s Forum meeting was virtually held on 16th March 2021. The meeting was chaired by “Smriti Irani”, Union Minister of Women and Child Development. India, Brazil and South Africa shared their best practices & reiterated commitment towards enhancing mutual cooperation in bridging gender gaps.
· The IBSA Women’s Forum was established in 2007.
- Which company recently (in Mar’21) signed an MoU with the National Productivity Council (NPC) for exploring the business opportunities in consultancy services?
1) Wisitech InfoSolutions
2) Power Finance Corporation
3) PTC India Ltd
4) Zestard Technologies
5) Reliance PowerAnswer-3) PTC India Ltd
On 16th March 2021, PTC India Limited (Formerly known as Power Trading Corporation of India Limited), a leading provider of power trading solutions in India has signed an initial pact with the National Productivity Council (NPC), under Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry to explore the business opportunities in consultancy services.
· The government of India has assigned PTC to trade electricity with Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh.
- Indian Railway has successfully connected the 2 ends of the main arch of ‘Chenab Bridge’ – World’s Highest Railway Bridge. Which company builds the Chenab bridge?
1) Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd
2) Ircon International Ltd
3) Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation
4) Indian Railway Construction Corporation
5) Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India LtdAnswer-1) Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd
Indian Railway has successfully connected the 2 ends of the main arch of ‘Chenab Bridge’ – World’s Highest Railway Bridge. It is being built by Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd (KRCL) at a cost of INR 12, 000 Crores. The bridge is 1.315 Kms long and is to be completed by the end of 2021.
- What was India’s rank in the ‘2020 World Air Quality Report’ released by IQAir?
5) 7thAnswer-2) 3rd
According to the ‘2020 World Air Quality Report’ released by IQAir (Swiss Air Technology Company), India was the 3rd Most Polluted Country in the World in 2020 after Bangladesh & Pakistan. Delhi was the most polluted Capital City for the 3rd consecutive time it was followed by Dhaka (Bangladesh) & Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia).
· India was home to 35 of World’s 50 most polluted cities.
· Air pollution causes a loss of 7.4% of South Asia’s GDP.
- Which bank signed (in Mar’21) India’s 1st SOFR linked External Commercial Borrowing (ECB) deal with Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) replacing World bank’s LIBOR?
1) Reserve Bank of India
2) State Bank of Mauritius
3) Indian Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) Canara BankAnswer-4) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) and Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) inked the first SOFR (Secured Overnight Financing Rate) linked External Commercial Borrowing (ECB) deal by replacing the London Inter-Bank Offered Rate (LIBOR) which is used by world banks when charging each other for short-term loans. The SOFR linked ECB deal is for about $100 million with a maturity of 5 years. This deal made by SBI & IOCL is the first SOFR linked ECB deal in India.
- Who received the Pritzker Architecture Prize 2021?
1) Anne Lacaton
2) Tom Pritzker
3) Jean-Philippe Vassal
4) Only 1 & 2
5) Only 1 & 3Answer-5) Only 1 & 3
On 16th March 2021, French architects and educators Anne Lacaton and Jean-Philippe Vassal were selected as the laureates of the Pritzker Architecture Prize 2021, the highest honour in the field of architecture. Anne Lacaton became the 1st French female architect to win the prize and the 6th woman to receive the prize since it was established in 1979.