AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Justice of Supreme Court who has directed the Centre to grant permanent commission to serving women officers in Navy within three months with increments.
1) Justice AK Mishra
2) Justice DY Chandrachud
3) Justice NV Ramana
4) Justice AS Bopanna
5) Justice Madan Lokur
Answer- 2) Justice DY Chandrachud
Justice DY Chandrachud directed the Centre to grant permanent commission to serving women officers in Navy within three months with increments. The judgment follows a verdict by the Apex Court in favour of granting permanent for women in the Indian Army. A permanent commission entitles an officer to serve in the Navy till he/she retires unlike Short Service Commission(SSC), which is currently for 10 years and can be extended by four more years, a total of 14 years.
- What percentage of road accident deaths in India has decreased within five months of the enactment of the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act 2019?
The Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Nitin Gadkari revealed that the number of deaths caused due to road accidents has been reduced by 10% in India after the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act 2019.
- As per the Government data, India’s share in contracts awarded by the Defence Ministry for the procurement of defence equipment has increased from 39.06% in 2015-16 to _____ in 2019-20.
As per Government Data the share of Indian companies in contracts awarded by the Union Defence Ministry for procurement of defence equipments increased from 39.06 per cent in 2015-16 to 75.03 per cent in 2019-20.
- What is the sales target of hybrid and electric vehicles set by the Indian Government by the end of 2020?
1) 50 Lakh
2) 20 Lakh
3) 70 Lakh
4) 1 Crore
5) 5 Crore
Answer-3) 70 Lakh
The Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change & Minister of Information & Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar informed that the government has set an ambitious target to achieve sales of around 70 lakh hybrid & electric vehicles by the end of 2020.
- Name the third Indian state which set to launch ‘Star rating program’ in June 2020 to rate industries.
4) Andhra Pradesh
The state government of Jharkhand will launch its “Star Rating Program” on June 5, 2020 to rate industries based on the amount of pollutants generated by them. With this it became the 3rd state in India to launch this system for industries after Maharashtra & Odisha. The program will be implemented by Jharkhand State Pollution Control Board (JSPCB) in association with the University of Chicago Trust (UC Trust). The rating ranging on one to five scale, with the most polluting industry getting 1 star while the industry with highest compliance rate with pollution control norms will get 5 stars.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi had attended the 100th Birth anniversary of Bangabandu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Mujibur Rahman was the founding father of _______________ country?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has taken part in the 100th birth anniversary celebrations of Bangladesh’s founding father Sheikh Mujibur Rahman through video conferencing. Rahman, who is the first President of Bangladesh, was born on March 17, 1920, in Tungipara village in Faridpur district and also referred to as ‘Jatir Pita’.
- The Central Government has approved to rename Amin Village as Abhimanyupur. The Amir village is part of which Indian state?
The Central Government approved renaming the Amin village as Abhimanyupur in Kurukshetra district of Haryana as per the request of the State government. The decision has been taken by the Union Home Ministry after getting permission from a few central organisations.
- To which country, India is assured to provide grant of 66.75 million (in Indian rupees) to construct 3 schools (March 2020).
4) Sri Lanka
India assured to provide a grant of Nepalese Rupees(NPR) 107 million (approximately 6.67 crores or 66.7million) to construct 3 schools in Nepal & to create better facilities for students.
- To which Indian state Gopal Reddy will take charge as the Chief Secretary from April 1,2020?
1) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-1) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh (MP) Government appointed M Gopal Reddy as a Chief Secretary of the state replacing Sudhi Ranjan Mohanty with effect from April 1, 2020.
- On March 16, 2020, The Election Commission of India (ECI) has appointed Hirdesh Kumar as new Chief Electoral Officer to which Indian state/UT?
1) New Delhi
2) West Bengal
3) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-3) Jammu & Kashmir
A 1999 batch IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer Hirdesh Kumar appointed as the New Chief Electoral Officer of Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) by the Election Commission of India (ECI), soon he will replace Shailendra Kumar. Presently Hirdesh serves as the Commissioner Secretary in the School Education Department of J&K.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Power Finance Corporation (PFC) company with effect from June 1, 2020?
1) M V Gowtama
2) P K Gupta
3) V Kalyana Rama
4) A Rakesh Kumar
5) Ravinder Singh Dhillon
Answer-5) Ravinder Singh Dhillon
Appointment Committee of the Cabinet Chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appointed Ravinder Singh Dhillon as a Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Power Finance Corporation (PFC) by the with effect from June 1, 2020. He will be serving in this post till his superannuation on May 31, 2023.
- A team of scientist of Astronomy Department of University of Geneva along with team of scientist of other countries detected liquid iron rain on the highly heated exoplanet named __________.
A team of Scientists from the Astronomy Department of the University of Geneva (Switzerland) along with the teams in Portugal, Italy and Spain, have detected liquid iron rain on the highly heated exoplanet WASP-76b.
- Name the team that won the 6th edition of the ISL Cup for 2019-20 and also third ISL trophy for that team.
1) FC Goa
2) Chennaiyin FC
3) Bengaluru FC
4) ATK FC
5) Pune City FC
Answer-4) ATK FC
ATK FC (Football Club) won the 6th edition of ISL (Indian Super League) trophy for the year 2019-20 defeating Chennaiyin FC in the final match by 3-1 held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Margao, Goa. This is the 3rd ISL trophy for ATK FC.
- Name the team which has won the Hero I-League champions title for the year 2019-20.
1) Real Kashmir
2) Mohun Bagan
3) Chennai City
4) East Bengal
5) Churchill Brothers
Answer-2) Mohun Bagan
Mohun Bagan Athletic Club has won the Hero I-League Champions 2019-20 by defeating Aizawl FC at Kalyani Stadium, West Bengal. Bagan Club lifted the title for the second time, even when four rounds are still to go in the season.
- Patil Puttappa who passed away recently (March 2020) is ________.
1) an Actor
2) a Stunt Man
3) a Journalist
4) a Classic Singer
5) a Folk Dancer
Answer-3) a Journalist
Patil Puttappa (99) a veteran journalist, writer, Khadi Activist, and a former Rajya Sabha member passed away at Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) in Hubballi, Karnataka due to age related illness. He was popularly known as PaPu. He published “Vishwavani” daily newspaper in 1959 and weekly newspaper “Prapancha” he also edited Navayuga. He also received the Rajyotsava Award, the second highest civilian honor of Karnataka.
- Jairam Kulkarni who is in news recently is __________.
1) a Politician
2) a Lawyer
3) a Journalist
4) a Musician
5) an Actor
Answer-5) an Actor
Marathi Actor Jairam Kulkarani passed away at the age of 88 in Pune, Maharashtra due to old-age related illness. He was born in Barshi tehsil in Solapur district, Maharashtra. He had acted in more than 150 films, including “Chal Re Laxya Mumbaila”, “Ashi Hi Banwabanwi”, “Thartharat”, “Rangat Sangat” and his last movie was “Khel Aayushyacha” was released recently.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Country which announces the herd immunity to combat COVID-19.
- Pakke Tiger reserve located at which Indian City?
- What is the Capital and Currency of Nepal?
Answer-Capital – Kathmandu & Currency – Nepalese Rupe
- Who is the present Chief of Naval Staff (March 2020)?
Answer-Admiral Karambir Singh
- Who is the present Heavy Industries minister of India (March 2020)?
- Who is the present Ministry of Civil Aviation (March 2020)?
Answer-Hardeep S. Puri. Explanation:- The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) flagged off the first-ever thrice-weekly flight from Indore (Madhya Pradesh) to Kishangarh (Ajmer, Rajasthan) under the UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik) scheme of the Government of India. This is the 268th route to be made operational under the UDAN scheme.
- Which is the world’s highest rail bridge?
Answer-Chenab river bridge. Explanation:-The new bridge which is in construction forms a crucial link in the 111-km stretch between Katra and Banihal, which is part of the Udhampur- Srinagar-Baramulla rail link project. Once completed, it will surpass the record of the Beipan river Shuibai railway bridge (275 m) in China and Chenab rail bridge will be world’s highest rail bridge.
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]
- Name the Country which announces the herd immunity to combat COVID-19.