AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Name the Indian Naval Ship that conducted a PASSEX (Passage Exercise) with Russian Federation Navy’s destroyer Admiral Tributs at Cochin Port in January 2022.
1) INS Brahmaputra
2) INS Arihant
3) INS Kochi
4) INS Sahyadri
5) INS KalvariAnswer-3) INS Kochi
Indian Navy’s indigenously designed and built guided-missile destroyer, INS (Indian Navy Ship) Kochi, has undertaken the international PASSEX (Passage Exercise) with Russian Federation Navy’s destroyer Admiral Tributs at the port of Cochin in the Arabian Sea.
- Which country (in Jan’22) conducted a maritime exercise with the Indian Navy in Bay of Bengal that saw the participation of INS Shivalik & INS Kadmatt?
3) South Korea
5) JapanAnswer-5) Japan
A Maritime Partnership Exercise was held between the Indian Navy and Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF) in the Bay of Bengal in a non-contact mode amid COVID-19.
• The Indian side was represented by INS Shivalik and INS Kadmatt while JMSDF Ships Uraga and Hirado participated from the Japanese side.
- In January 2022, Ministry of Heavy Industries launched India’s 1st ‘Coal to _________’ plant in the BHEL unit at _________.
1) Hydrogen; Hyderabad
2) Nitrogen; Hyderabad
3) Methanol; Hyderabad
4) Hydrogen; Lucknow
5) Methanol; LucknowAnswer-3) Methanol; Hyderabad
The Union Minister for the Ministry of Heavy Industries, Mahendra Nath Pandey dedicated India’s first ‘Coal to Methanol’ (CTM) pilot plant in the Hyderabad unit of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL).
• It is the first-of-its-kind technology demonstration in India, which converts high-ash contain Indian coal to methanol through the gasification route.
- _______ became the 1st Country to buy BrahMos Cruise Missiles under a USD 375 million deal to procure _____ batteries of the missile.
1) Philippines; 3
2) Thailand; 3
3) South Korea; 5
4) Philippines; 5
5) Thailand; 5Answer-1) Philippines; 3
The Philippines became the first country to buy the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile system, boosting India’s efforts to become a major exporter of defence hardware.
• The Philippines will acquire 3 batteries of the BrahMos cruise missile from India’s BrahMos Aerospace Private Ltd for $374.96 million.
- On 16th January 2022, to mark the 1st anniversary of India’s COVID-19 vaccination drive, a Commemorative Postal Stamp was launched. What is the denomination of the Postal Stamp?
1) Rs 1
2) Rs 10
3) Rs 50
4) Rs 5
5) Rs 100Answer-4) Rs 5
Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, released the Commemorative Postal Stamp on completion of one year of the world’s largest COVID-19 vaccination program, which was launched on 16th January 2021.
• The stamp of denomination Rs 5, features a health worker inoculating a senior citizen with Covaxin, a vaccine of Covid-19.
- Which Village from Kerala recently became India’s 1st-ever Sanitary Napkin-free Village?
1) Kombanad village
2) Marampilly village
3) Kumbalangi village
4) Vadavukode village
5) Kunnathunad villageAnswer-3) Kumbalangi village
Arif Mohammad Khan, Governor of Kerala, declared Kumbalangi village (India’s first eco-friendly tourist village) in the Ernakulam district of Kerala as the first-ever sanitary napkin-free village in India.
This is an outcome of the Avalkayi (for her) initiative led by Hibi Eden, Member of Parliament(MP) (Ernakulam), to provide around 5,000 menstrual cups to women.
- What is the total loan provided by RBI (as of Jan’22) to Sri Lanka for overcoming its Forex Crisis?
1) USD 900 million
2) USD 100 million
3) USD 750 million
4) USD 290 million
5) USD 870 millionAnswer-1) USD 900 million
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended over US$ 900 million loan facilities to Sri Lanka, comprising Asian Clearing Union (ACU) settlement of over USD 500 million and currency Swap of USD 400 million.
• This funding will aid Sri Lanka to overcome the forex crisis and shortage of almost all essential commodities due to a shortage of dollars to pay
for the imports.
- Name the bank that received IBSi Global FinTech Innovation Awards 2021 for the “Best CRM (Customer Relationship Management) System Implementation”.
1) IndusInd Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Indian Bank
5) State Bank of IndiaAnswer-2) Axis Bank
Axis Bank & CRMNEXT Solution won the IBS Intelligence (IBSi) Global FinTech Innovation Awards 2021 for the “Best CRM (Customer Relationship Management) System Implementation”.
About Axis Bank:
MD & CEO – Amitabh Chaudhry
Tagline – Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Which Ministry launched the “Raksha Pension Shikayat Nivaran Portal” to resolve pension disputes of ex-servicemen?
1) Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
2) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
3) Ministry of Home Affairs
4) Ministry of Defence
5) Ministry of FinanceAnswer-4) Ministry of Defence
On the Occasion of the 6th Armed Forces Veterans Day, 14th January 2022, Defence Ministry has launched an online portal – Raksha Pension Shikayat Nivaran Portal (Raksha पेंशन) – to resolve pension-related grievances of ex-servicemen (ESM) and their dependents.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has recognised the year 2021 as the “Year of ____________”.
5) All the AboveAnswer-4) Unicorns
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), under the Ministry of Commerce & Industries, has designated the year 2021 as the ‘Year of Unicorns’.