AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Who has recently approved the health data management policy of the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) to protect and manage personal data of patients using the digital services, on December, 2020?
1) Dr Indu Bhushan
2) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
3) Dr. Harsh Vardhan
4) Dr. Balram Bhargava
5) Narendra Modi
Answer-3) Dr. Harsh Vardhan
On December 14, 2020, Union Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHF&W) has approved the health data management policy of the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) to protect and manage personal data of patients using the digital services of the scheme. The policy has laid minimum standards for data privacy protection in order to ensure compliance with relevant and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Where did Minister of State (MoS) for Home Affairs, G Kishan Reddy inaugurated 1st of its kind Establishment of National Centre for Divyang Empowerment (NCDE)?
1) ITBP Group Centre at Itlanagar
2) BSF Group Centre at Hyderabad
3) CRPF Group Centre at Hyderabad
4) RPF Regional Centre at Chennai
5) NDRF Regional Centre at Kochi
Answer-3) CRPF Group Centre at Hyderabad
Minister of State (MoS) for Home Affairs, G Kishan Reddy inaugurated 1st of its kind Establishment National Centre for Divyang Empowerment (NCDE) at CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) Group Centre in Hakimpet, Hyderabad. The Centre has been set up for re-skilling and rehabilitation of Divyang (Divine) Warriors of the CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces) who sustained life threatening injuries in the line of duty. The Centre will impart training to the ‘Divyang Warriors’ in Artificial Intelligence, Cyber security or warfare, data analytics.
- Which North Eastern state did not get covered under the North Eastern Region Power System Improvement Project (NERPSIP) after received approval from Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on December, 2020?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer-2) Arunachal Pradesh
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by PM Narendra Modi approved the revised cost estimate of the North Eastern Region Power System Improvement Project (NERPSIP) for six states at an estimated cost of Rs 6,700 crore. The 6 states are Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura. Arunachal Pradesh is the only North-Eastern State that does not get covered under this project.
- Which country will set up a joint task force consisting of designated higher education organisations for mutual recognition of academic qualifications over the next year that came as a result of Bilateral meeting held on December, 2020?
1) United States of America
2) United Kingdom
5) United Arab Emirates
Answer-2) United Kingdom
On December 16, 2020, During the bilateral meeting between Union Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Ministry of Education (MoE) and Foreign Secretary of United Kingdom (UK) Dominic Raab, in New Delhi stated that India and the UK agreed to set up a joint task force consisting of designated higher education organisations from both the countries to work towards mutual recognition of academic qualifications over the next year. The composition of the Task Force is yet to be decided.
- Which Zoo became the 1st in India to receive ISO 9001:2015 certification?
1) Alipore Zoological Garden, West Bengal
2) National Zoological Park, Delhi
3) Indira Gandhi Zoological Park, Andhra Pradesh
4) Nehru Zoological Park, Telangana
5) Sanjay Gandhi Biological Park, Bihar
Answer-4) Nehru Zoological Park, Telangana
The Nehru Zoological Park (NZP) in Hyderabad, Telangana has become the first in India to acquire ISO (International Organization for Standardization) 9001:2015 Quality Management Standards Certification from Accreditation Service for Certifying Bodies (ASCB) United Kingdom (UK) as the zoo passed the extensive documentation of every activity.
- Ministry of Home Affairs approved Rs.90.6 crores to the Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI) for construction of a new ICP on December, 2020. Here ICP stands for _______.
1) India China Passage
2) India China Port
3) Integrated China Pass
4) Integrated Check Post
5) Indian Check Port
Answer-4) Integrated Check Post
On 16th December, 2020 the Ministry of Home Affairs approved Rs.90.6 crores to the Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI) for construction of a new Integrated Check Post (ICP) along the India-Bangladesh border at Sabroom in South Tripura. This will be the 6th multi-facilitated ICP in the India-Bangladesh Border.
- Which organisation recently partnered with Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) & Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC) to provide training programme to India’s auto dealership sector on December, 2020?
1) Maruti Suzuki
2) Microsoft India
3) Mahindra Group
4) Google India
5) Tata Motors
Answer-4) Google India
On December 16, 2020, Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) & Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC) announced partnership with Google India to reduce the digital skill gap in India’s auto dealership sector. The Training programme will be conducted under Google India’s ‘Grow with Google’ initiative. The initiative will provide digital skill training to 20,000 auto dealerships & 1, 00, 000 auto dealers across the marketing and sales divisions. It will also train the entire ecosystem to monitor their efficiency.
- When will India Surpass 350 million 5G connections as per “The Ericsson Mobility Report 2020” released by Ericsson on December, 2020?
Sweden based networking and communication company Ericsson released a report “The Ericsson Mobility Report 2020” which estimated India’s 5G connection to surpass 350 million, accounting 27% of all mobile subscriptions by 2026. The report also notified India’s first 5G connection to be rolled out by 2021. More than 15% of the world’s population (1 billion people) will live in areas under 5G coverage. 60% of the global population (3.5 billion) will use 5G connections with 5G subscriptions by 2026.
- Where will the 1st ever Hybrid version (both physical and virtual) of the 51st edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI) be held?
4) New Delhi
On 17th December, 2020 Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar announced that the 51st edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI) will be held from January 16 to January 24 in Goa. The event will be held in hybrid format i.e., in both Physical and Virtual format featuring a total of 224 films.
- What is the name of the Movie series launched by India, exclusively for the members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)?
2) SCO Series
Indian Embassy in Beijing, China has launched “cinemaSCOpe” exclusively for the members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), more than a 2 dozen Indian films will be dubbed in Russian. Screenings will continue till India’s Chairmanship of the SCO ‘Council of Heads of State’ meeting in 2023. The movie series will coincide with “SCO Year of Culture” in 2021.
- Who will be the Chief Guest of 72nd Republic Day of India that will be held at Red Fort on 26 January 2021?
1) Joe Biden
2) Jair Bolsonaro
3) Boris Johnson
4) Emmanuel Macron
5) Sheikh Hasina
Answer-3) Boris Johnson
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson will be chief guest at India’s Republic Day parade in 2021. He has accepted an invitation from Prime Minister Narendra Modi. India will be celebrating its 72nd Republic Day at the Red Fort on 26 January 2021.
- Which organisation released the 5th annual report, “2020 Global Status Report for Buildings and Construction” that highlighted on buildings-related CO2 emissions recording high level in 2019?
1) European Construction Industry Federation (FIEC)
2) Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction (GlobalABC)
3) Building and Wood Worker’s International (BWI)
4) Federación Interamericana de la Industria de la Construcción (FIIC)
5) Confederation of International Contractors’ Associations (CICA)
Answer-2) Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction (GlobalABC)
According to the 2020 Global Status Report for Buildings and Construction released by Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction (GlobalABC), the Building & Construction sector accounted for 38% of CO2 emissions, and the CO2 emission increased to 9.95 GtCO2 (gigatonnes of carbon dioxide) in 2019. This is the 5th Edition of the Annual Report. GlobalABC was launched at COP21 (2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference) and is hosted by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- What is the name of $9 billion vaccine initiative by Asian Development Bank (ADB) to help member economies to procure COVID-19 vaccine?
1) Developing Countries Vaccine Access Facility (DCVAF)
2) Indian Ocean Countries Vaccine Access Facility (IOCVAF)
3) Asian Vaccine Procurement Capability Enhancement Fund (AVPCEF)
4) Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility (APVAX)
5) Developing Countries Vaccine Procurement Capability Enhancement Fund (DCVPCEF)
Answer-4) Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility (APVAX)
On December 11, 2020 The Asian Development Bank (ADB) launched a $9 billion vaccine initiative, the Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility (APVAX). This facility will help its developing member economies to procure and deliver an effective and safe coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine. APVAX uses 2 complementary components to support the vaccine access to developing Asia namely: Rapid Response Component, Project Investment Component.
- Which bank got into an agreement with Government of India (GoI) to provide $1 billion as loan for a tenure of 30 years, including a 5-year grace period for India’s economic recovery from COVID-19, on December, 2020?
1) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
2) New Development Bank (NDB)
3) World Bank
4) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
5) International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Answer-2) New Development Bank (NDB)
On December 16, 2020, a loan agreement was inked between Government of India (GoI) and New Development Bank (NDB) under which the latter will lend $1,000 million ($1 billion) for supporting the former’s economic recovery from COVID-19. The loan has a tenure of 30 years, including a 5-year grace period. The funding is a part of NDB’s fast-track emergency response to COVID-19.
- Which bank has approved 4 Indian projects worth over $800 million on December, 2020?
1) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
2) New Development Bank (NDB)
3) World Bank
4) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
5) International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Answer-3) World Bank
On December 15, 2020 the World Bank has approved 4 India projects worth over $800 million. The projects will support a range of development initiatives that supports the efforts of India to rebuild itself by creating sustainable and resilient economy.
4 Projects Include:
$400 million Second Accelerating India’s COVID-19 Social Protection Response Program
$100 million Chhattisgarh Inclusive Rural and Accelerated Agriculture Growth Project (CHIRAAG)
$68 million Nagaland: Enhancing Classroom Teaching and Resources Project
$250 million Second Dam Improvement and Rehabilitation Project (DRIP-2)
- Which Payment processor recently partnered with YES bank to enhance salaried and YES FIRST account holders’ payment experience on December, 2020?
On December 16, 2020 YES bank partnered with Visa as a payment processor to enhance salaried and YES FIRST account holders’ payment experience. The bank has also introduced a new line of vertical Debit cards under the E-series across Mastercard and VISA cards. This launch enables customers to avail VISA-branded YES bank debit cards along with Mastercard and RuPay branded debit cards.
- Union Cabinet has given nod for a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) of India and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) of ______ for mutual cooperation in the Electricity sector on December, 2020.
4) South Korea
The Union Cabinet has given its nod for the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC), India and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), United States of America (USA). The MoU envisages exchange of information and experiences in areas of mutual interest to both in the electricity sectors. The MoU will help to Identify energy-related issues and develop topics and possible agendas for the exchange of information and regulatory practices in areas of mutual interest.
- Who was elected as the Vice President of Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union(ABU), one of the World’s largest broadcasting associations for a 3-year term starting from 1st January, 2021?
1) Ibrahim Eren
2) Barkha Dutt
3) Shashi Shekhar Vempati
4) A. Surya Prakash
5) Uday Shankar
Answer-3) Shashi Shekhar Vempati
On 16th December 2020, Shashi Shekhar Vempati, CEO of Prasar Bharati was elected as the Vice President of Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union(ABU), one of the World’s largest broadcasting associations. He will be serving for a three-year term, which starts on 1st January 2021. The election was conducted during the 57th ABU General Assembly and Associated Meeting which was conducted as a virtual event due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Who was recently elected as the President of World Squash Federation (WSF) on December, 2020?
1) Karim Darwish
2) Zena Wooldridge
3) Pablo Serna
4) Jacques Fontaine
5) Debendranath Sarangi
Answer-2) Zena Wooldridge
Zena Wooldridge has been elected as the new World Squash Federation (WSF) President following the WSF’s 2020 Annual General Meeting. Wooldridge, from England, will become the 10th WSF President to serve since the Federation’s inception in 1967 and the second female. Wooldridge will serve a minimum four-year term after being elected by delegates representing 64 National Federations attended the 50th WSF AGM which was the first to be held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Which Indian Entrepreneur become one of the 7 recipients of the “Young Champions of the Earth” 2020 Prize that was announced by United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)?
1) Vidyut Mohan
2) Tilak Mehta
3) Deepanjali Dalmia
4) Ritesh Agarwal
5) Sanjay Kumaran
Answer-1) Vidyut Mohan
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) announced 7 recipients for the “Young Champions of the Earth” 2020 Prize, Indian Entrepreneur Vidyut Mohan featured in the list for his Social Enterprise “Takachar”. The prize is given to global change-makers who use innovative ideas and ambitious action to solve the world’s most important environmental challenges.
Recipients Country Name of firm & Contribution Vidyut Mohan India (Asia and the Pacific) Takachar
Harvesting Value from Agricultural waste.
Xiaoyuan Ren China (Asia and the Pacific) MyH2O
A data platform that tests and records the quality of groundwater
Nzambi Matee Kenya (Africa) Gjenge Makers
Low-cost construction materials from recycled plastic waste and sand
Lefteris Arapakis Greece (Europe) Enaleia
Max Hidalgo Quinto Peru(Latin America and the Caribbean) YAWA
Sustainable Technology for Access to Water
Niria Alicia Garcia United States of America(North America) Run4Salmon
Indigenous Lead Conservation
Fatemah Alzelzela Kuwait (West Asia) Eco Star
Trees for Waste
- Who headed the Cabinet Committee that approved various initiatives including Spectrum auction worth Rs. 3,92,332.70 cr, NER Power System Improvement Project for six States, Rs. 3,500 cr for sugarcane farmers (Ganna Kisan) on December, 2020?
1) Amit Shah
2) Piyush Goyal
3) Prakash Keshav Javadekar
4) Narendra Modi
5) Raj Kumar Singh
Answer-4) Narendra Modi
On December 16, 2020, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has approved the following proposals which were detailed by Union Minister Prakash Keshav Javadekar, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B), Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises (MoHI&PE), and Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC). Cabinet approval includes Auction of spectrum worth Rs. 3,92,332.70 cr, NER Power System Improvement Project for six States, Rs. 3,500 crores for sugarcane farmers (Ganna Kisan).
- Where will the headquarters of India’s 1st Maritime Theatre Command (MTC) be created, that will get its final shape in 2021?
1) Karwar Naval Base, Karnataka
2) Kavaratti Naval Base, Lakshadweep
3) Porbandar Naval Base, Gujarat
4) Paradeep Naval Base, Odisha
5) Arakkonam Naval Base, Tamil Nadu
Answer-1) Karwar Naval Base, Karnataka
As per a plan prepared by a group headed by Navy Vice Chief Vice Admiral G Ashok Kumar, India’s 1st Maritime Theatre Command (MTC) will get its final shape in 2021. It will be the first new “Geographical” Theatre command to be created as part of military restructuring plans. The Headquarters of the MTC will be set up at Karwar Naval Base, Karnataka and will be headed by a Vice Admiral (3-Star Naval Officer). The objective behind creation of MTC is to build an integrated land-air-sea fighting machinery.
- Where did India successfully test fired two Nuclear Capable Prithvi-2 Surface-to-Surface Short-Range Ballistic Missile (SRBM) on December, 2020?
1) Chandipur, Odisha
2) Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
3) Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha
4) Balasore, Odisha
5) Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh
Answer-4) Balasore, Odisha
On December 16, 2020, India successfully fired two Nuclear Capable Prithvi-2 Ballistic Missiles from Balasore, Odisha. Prithvi-2 is a Surface-to-Surface Short-Range Ballistic Missile (SRBM). The Missile is developed by DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMDP). With Range of 350 Kilometres and can carry upto 500-1, 000 Kilograms of Nuclear Warheads.
- What does ‘NE’ stand for in ‘NETRA’ a dedicated Space Situational Awareness (SSA) Control Centre recently set up by ISRO on December, 2020?
1) New Environmental
2) Novel Engineering
4) New Equipment
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has set up ‘NETRA’ (NEtwork for space object TRacking and Analysis) – a dedicated Space Situational Awareness (SSA) Control Centre at ISTRAC (ISRO Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network) Campus at Peenya, Bengaluru. The main objective of NETRA is to protect Indian Space Assets from Space debris close approaches and collisions. Only America, Russia and Europe have similar SSA capabilities to track space objects and share collision warnings.
- Which spacecraft brought moon samples to earth for the first time in the last 40 years?
China’s Chang’e-5 spacecraft successfully landed in Siziwang Banner, China bringing home the first samples of the moon in 40 years. It was China’s 1st attempt to get materials from an extraterrestrial body. The mission marks the successful conclusion of China’s 3 step lunar exploration programme which began in 2004.
- Which country was selected by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) general assembly to host Asian Games 2030?
2) Saudi Arabia
On 16th December, 2020 the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) general assembly selected the countries to host 2030 and 2034 editions of Asian Games through virtual voting. Qatar’s Doha city will be host of 2030’s edition, while the runner-up in voting, Saudi Arabia will host 2034 edition of Asian games at Riyadh city. Qatar will also be hosting the 2022 Edition of FIFA Football World Cup.
- Which Badminton player was banned for 2 years by the World Badminton Federation’s doping tribunal, on December, 2020?
1) Ratchanok Intanon
2) Kate Foo Kune
3) Carolina Marin
4) Nozomi Okuhara
5) Aya Ohori
Answer-2) Kate Foo Kune
Four-time African badminton champion Kate Foo Kune was banned for two years by the World Badminton Federation’s doping tribunal in a doping case and will miss the Tokyo Olympics. The Court of Arbitration for Sport rejected her claim that a bottle of water had been spiked with an anabolic steroid at the 2019 African championships in Nigeria.
- How was late Narinder Singh Kapany popularly know?
1) Father of Business
2) Businessmen’s Master
3) Father of Fiber Optics
4) Father of Infographics
5) Techno man of India
Answer-3) Father of Fiber Optics
On 4th December 2020 Narinder Singh Kapany, known as the “Father of Fiber Optics”, who coined the term Fiber optics in 1956, passed away at the age of 94. He was an India born American physicist who was named as one of the seven “Unsung Heroes” in Fortune’s “Businessmen of the Century” issue of November 1999. He was born in 1927 in Moga, Punjab.
- When was the 17th annual International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers observed?
1) 17th December, 2020
2) 15th December, 2020
3) 12th December, 2020
4) 8th December, 2020
5) 10th December, 2020
Answer-1) 17th December, 2020
International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers(IDEVASW) is annually observed across the globe on 17th December to remember the sex workers who lost their lives due to violence, marginalization and stigma encountered across the globe. The 17th December 2020 marks the 17th annual observance of the International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the Headquarters of ISRO located?
1) New Delhi
The Indian Space Research Organisation or is the national space agency of the Republic of … ISRO is the primary agency in India to perform tasks related to space. The Secretariat of DOS and ISRO Headquarters are located at Antariksh Bhavan in Bangalore.
- Who was the current Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Prasar Bharati on December, 2020?
1) A. Surya Prakash
2) Shashi Shekhar Vempati
3) Barkha Dutt
4) Uday Shankar
5) Sunil Mittal
Answer-2) Shashi Shekhar Vempati
Shashi Shekhar Vempati is the current CEO of Prasar Bharati as of December, 2020. Prasar Bharati is India’s largest public broadcasting agency, headquarters in New Delhi, India. It is a statutory autonomous body set up by an Act of Parliament and comprises the Doordarshan Television Network and All India Radio.
- Where is the Headquarters of United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) located?
1) New York, USA
2) Rome, Italy
3) Paris, France
4) Nairobi, Kenya
5) Gland, Switzerland
Answer-4) Nairobi, Kenya
UNEP is the global champion for the environment with programme focusing on sustainable development, climate, biodiversity that has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
- What is the tagline of YES Bank?
1) Experience our expertise
2) India’s International Bank
3) A tradition of Trust
4) Relationships Beyond Banking
5) One Family One Bank
Answer-1) Experience our expertise
“Experience our expertise” is the Tagline or Slogan of YES Bank.
- Where is the Headquarters of New Development Bank located?
1) Geneva, Switzerland
2) New York, US
3) Shanghai, China
4) Washington DC, US
5) Mandaluyong, Philippines
Answer-3) Shanghai, China
The Headquarters of New Development Bank located at Shanghai, China.