AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where did the Indian government recently (in Aug’ 21) inaugurate the World’s 2nd largest refurbished National Gene Bank?
1) Mahalanobis National Crop Forecast Centre
2) National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources
3) National Plant Genome Research Institute
4) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
5) Delhi Agricultural Marketing Board
Answer-2) National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources
Narendra Singh Tomar, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, inaugurated the world’s 2nd largest refurbished National Gene Bank at the National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources, New Delhi.
i. This will cater the need of biofortified crop varieties
- ‘Exercise Konkan- 2021’ in which INS Tabar ship participated (in Aug’ 21) was held between India and which country?
‘Exercise Konkan- 2021’, a bilateral Naval Exercise held between the Indian Navy and the Royal Navy of Britain in Portsmouth, United Kingdom.
i. INS Tabar, a Talwar class stealth frigate of the Indian Navy undertook the exercise.
- Name the Military exercise which was conducted (in Aug’ 21) jointly between India and Russia.
2) Konkan- 2021
3) CORPAT- 2021
‘Exercise INDRA-2021’, a bilateral Military Exercise held between Indian Army and the military forces of Russian Federation in Volgograd, Russia.
i. INDRA is a joint biennial military exercise started in 2003 between India and Russia.
- The 6th meeting of the Agriculture Ministers of the member countries of the SCO was virtually hosted (in Aug’ 21) from which country?
Answer- 2) Tajikistan
Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar addressed the 6th meeting of the Agriculture Ministers of the member countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).
i. The meeting was held virtually from Dushanbe, Capital of Tajikistan.
- Which organization had set up a panel (in Aug’ 21) to reduce India’s trade settlement cycle from the current Trade plus 2 days to Trade plus 1 day?
1) Reserve Bank of India
2) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
3) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
4) Securities and Exchange Board of India
5) Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
Answer-4) Securities and Exchange Board of India
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) had set up a panel to analyse the process of shifting India’s trade settlement cycle from the current T+2 (Trade plus 2 days) to T+1 (Trade plus 1 day).
i. It reduced the settlement time and risk involved and increased the liquidity and trade turnover.
- Name the person who was appointed (in Aug’ 21) as the Brand Ambassador for Amway’s Nutrilite range of products.
1) Neeraj Chopra
2) Mirabai Chanu
3) P V Sindhu
4) Sakshi Malik
5) Lovlina Borgohain
Answer-1) Mirabai Chanu
Amway India Enterprises has appointed Olympian Saikhom Mirabai Chanu as the Brand Ambassador for their products. She won the silver medal in the Weightlifting event (49kg category) at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic games.
- Who Authored the book “Lahore: Book 1 of the Partition Trilogy’?
1) Pavan Kumar Varma
2) Ritu Menon
3) Anuradha Roy
4) Rijula Das
5) Manreet Sodhi Someshwar
Answer-5) Manreet Sodhi Someshwar
Manreet Sodhi Someshwar authored a new book titled “Lahore: Book 1 of the Partition Trilogy”. She authored several books including The Long Walk Home, Mehrunisa Trilogy etc.
- Which state launched India’s first ‘Smart Health Cards scheme’ under the ‘Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana’?
3) Andhra Pradesh
Odisha became the 1st Indian state to Provide Smart Health Cards to its people under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana. It provides hassle-free quality treatment for up to Rs 5 lakh per annum (For women- 10 Lakh) for each family.
- Who was appointed (in Aug ’21) as the ambassador of adventure tourism in Kerala?
1) Manpreet Singh
2) P T Usha
3) P R Sreejesh
4) T C Yohannan
5) S. Sreesanth
Answer-3) P R Sreejesh
Olympian Parattu Raveendran Sreejesh (PR Sreejesh), goalkeeper and former captain of the Indian National Hockey team, named as the brand ambassador of adventure tourism in Kerala. PR Sreejesh hails from Ernakulam, Kerala.
- The Headquarters of Shanghai Cooperation Organization is situated at which place?
1) Shanghai, China
2) Moscow, Russia
3) New Delhi, India
4) Islamabad, Pakistan
5) Beijing, China
Answer-5) Beijing, China
About Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
Secretary-General – Vladimir Norov
Headquarters – Beijing, China
Chairmanship of 2021 – Tajikistan
Total Members – 8 (China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan)