AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- PM Modi has formulated task force for scientific validation of Ayurveda and traditional medicines for COVID-19 treatment. Who is the present AYUSH minister (MoS- Independent charge)?
1) Jual Oram
2) Shripad Yesso Naik
3) Arjun Munda
4) Nitin Gadkari
5) Mukhtar Abbas NaqviAnswer-2) Shripad Yesso Naik
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has formulated a task force for scientific validation of Ayurveda and traditional medicine formulas through research institutions, to be used in the treatment of COVID-19.The task force has members from the department of biotechnology (DBT), Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and also AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) practitioners.Minister of State (MoS – Independent charge)– Shri Shripad Yesso Naik.
- National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) has collaborated with UNICEF for training community leaders through online to fight COVID-19. Where is NIRDPR located?
5) NoidaAnswer-3) Hyderabad
National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR), Hyderabad, Telangana in collaboration with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Hyderabad field office, is training over 28.33 lakh community leaders through online programs to practice social behaviours required to control the transmission of COVID-19 cases in villages in association with the governments of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh (AP) and Karnataka.
- Ministry of Home Affairs has issued the advisory to safeguard private individuals from using which video conferencing application?
5) Google HangoutsAnswer-1) Zoom
The Cyber Coordination Centre (CyCord), under the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), has issued an advisory to safeguard private individuals who use the video-conferencing app, Zoom for private purposes like a meeting platform & states that it is not for use by government officers/officials for official purposes.
- What is the percentage drop in India’s energy subsidy b/w FY 17 to FY 19 as per ‘Mapping India’s Energy Subsidies 2020’, released by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) and the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW)?
5) 35%Answer-5) 35%
According to the study, Mapping India’s Energy Subsidies 2020 released by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) and the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), India’s energy subsidies drops 35% from Financial Year FY17 to FY19, while its oil and gas subsidies increased by 65%.
- Under which section of Disaster Management Act, 2005 spitting in pubic is offence now?
1) Section 50(a)
2) Section 51(b)
3) Section 51(c)
4) Section 52(d)
5) Section 52(a)Answer-2) Section 51(b)
Under the consolidated revised guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on April 15, 2020 in the wake of the extension of lockdown till May 3, spitting has been made punishable with a fine under Section 51 (b) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005.
- Name the 1st Indian city which announced face mask is mandatory in public places.
5) HyderabadAnswer-1) Mumbai
Mumbai is the first city in India to make masks compulsory. “All person must wear a three-ply mask or a cloth mask in public places.
- Name the countries other than ASEAN countries which attended ASEAN plus three summit on covid-19 response.
1) China, Japan, South Korea
2) China, Japan, Pakistan
3) Japan, Pakistan, Afghanistan
4) South Korea, Japan, India
5) India, Japan, ChinaAnswer-1) China, Japan, South Korea
Member States of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) held the Special ASEAN Summit via video conference which was chaired by Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Prime Minister of Vietnam, in his capacity as Chair of ASEAN. The summit was attended by heads of state or government of the 10 ASEAN members– Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.After the above mention meet, virtual Special ASEAN along with China, Japan and South Korea (ASEAN Plus Three) Summit on COVID-19 Response was held to discuss measures to respond to and repel the global pandemic.
- What is the decline in Capital Utilisation in 3rd quarter of 2019-20 as per 48th round of quarterly order books, inventories and capacity utilization survey (OBICUS) released by RBI?
5) 29.8%Answer-1) 68.6%
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) launched the 49th round of quarterly order books, inventories and capacity utilization survey (OBICUS) of the manufacturing sector which will provide important figures and input for monetary policy formulation. The reference period for this survey is January-March 2020 (Q4: 2019-20). As per 48th round it showed a decline in capacity utilisation (CU) to 68.6% in the third quarter of 2019-20 from 69.1% in Q2.
- Name the 1st Insurance company in India which has announced additional benefits for its policyholders & agents to support them during the COVID-19 pandemic.
1) Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance Company
2) DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Company
3) Tata AIA life insurance
4) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
5) DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance CompanyAnswer-3) Tata AIA life insurance
Tata AIA becomes the 1st Life Insurance company in India to announce additional benefits for its policyholders & agents so as to support them during the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Recently Tata Trusts and Tata group have announced their contribution towards the management of COVID-19 in India.
- What is the current reverse repo rate of India as announced by RBI (April 17, 2020)?
5) 3.75%Answer-5) 3.75%
RBI been decided to reduce the fixed reverse repo rate under liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points (bps) from 4% to 3.75% with immediate effect to maintain more liquidity in the banking system. On the other hand, repo rate remained unchanged to 4.40%, but it could be reduced as inflation is likely to fall below its target in a couple of months.Following table shows the Policy Rates of RBI as of April 17, 2020:
Policy Rate Rate Change Repo Rate 4.40% No change Reverse Repo Rate 3.75% 25 bps Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) Rate 4.65% No change Bank Rate 4.65% No change
- What is the amount that will be provided to refinance NABARD, SIDBI & NHB?
1) 1,00,000 cr
2) 25,000 cr
3) 75,000 cr
4) 50,000 cr
5) 30,000crAnswer-4) 50,000 cr
A special refinance facility for an amount of Rs 50,000 crores will be provided to premier financing institutions that will further help in refinancing small and medium finance institutions to lend money smoothly to businesses. The funding divided as follows: Rs 25,000 cr for National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) Rs 15,000 cr for Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) Rs 10,000 cr for National Housing Bank (NHB)
- Ecowrap has predicted the India’s GDP growth may fall to 1.1% for FY21. Ecowrap is the research wing of which Indian PSB?
1) Canara Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Union Bank of India
4) Punjab National Bank
5) Bank of MaharashtraAnswer-2) State Bank of India
The State Bank of India’s (SBI) Ecowrap report estimated India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth may fall to 1.1% in FY21 from its earlier projections of 2.6%, with the likelihood of 1st quarter growth contracting 6% or more and 2nd quarter witnessing no growth due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic outbreak. The FY20 GDP growth has been revised from 5% to 4.1%. The State Bank of India’s (SBI) Ecowrap report estimated India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth may fall to 1.1% in FY21 from its earlier projections of 2.6%, with the likelihood of 1st quarter growth contracting 6% or more and 2nd quarter witnessing no growth due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic outbreak. The FY20 GDP growth has been revised from 5% to 4.1%.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the ambassador of World Wildlife Fund (WWF) India’s environment education programme.
1) Rani Rampal
2) Virat Kohli
3) Viswanathan Anand
4) Sharath Kamal
5) Koneru HumpyAnswer-3) Viswanathan Anand
5-time world chess champion Viswanathan Anand was appointed as ambassador of World Wildlife Fund (WWF) India’s environment education programme.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has attended Plenary Meeting of the International Monetary and Financial Committee (IMFC) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). How many member countries are present in IMF?
5) 190Answer-4) 189
Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman attended the Plenary Meeting of the International Monetary and Financial Committee (IMFC) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) through video conference due to pandemic. The discussion in the meeting is based on IMF Managing Director’s global policy agenda titled, “Exceptional Times – Exceptional Action”.The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 189 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.
- Name the most digitally skilful country in the world as per Gartner 2019 Digital Workplace Survey.
3) United Kingdom
4) United States
5) GermanyAnswer-2) India
In accordance with the Gartner 2019 Digital Workplace Survey, India has become the world’s most digitally dexterous (skilful) country in the world as it has a vast Gen Z workforce who are keen to learn new digitally powered skills in the workplace. India is followed by the United Kingdom (UK) and United States (US). It should be noted that Generation Z or Gen Z are the ones born between 1995 and 2009.India Digitally dexterous country The digital workforce in India and Singapore use real-time messaging and social media networks more frequently for real-time collaboration than the workforce of China, France, Germany, the US and the UK.
- The Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST) has developed Chitra GeneLAMP-N test kit gives results of Covid-19 in 2 hours. SCTIMST is located in which Indian state?
2) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-1) Kerala
The Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, under the Department of Science and Technology (DST) has developed a low-cost diagnostic test kit “Chitra GeneLAMP-N” that can confirm COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in just 2 hours.
- Name the Earth sized exoplanet which was found by scientists of NASA (published in Astrophysical Journal).
5) Kepler-1649cAnswer-5) Kepler-1649c
A team of scientists at the US (United States) space agency NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration), has discovered an Earth-size exoplanet, called Kepler–1649c, orbiting in its red dwarf star’s habitable zone (an area where water conditions on the planets may be favorable). It was spotted while observing old data of its Kepler space telescope, which the agency retired in 2018.
- Name the transport aggregator app (developed by National Informatics Centre) which was launched by Union Agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar for farmers.
1) Kisan truck
2) Kisan App
3) Kisan Rath
4) Kisan Rail
5) Kisan dosthAnswer-3) Kisan Rath
The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar, has launched farmer friendly mobile application ‘Kisan Rath’ with tagline “Kisan ka apna Vahan” to facilitate the movement of crops. The app has been developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) and will connect 5 lakh trucks & 20,000 tractors for transporting farm produce.
- Find the Geospatial platform which was prepared and managed by Survey of India (SOI).
5) SathiAnswer-3) Sahyog
The mobile application SAHYOG and the web portal (https://indiamaps.gov.in/soiapp/) prepared and managed by Survey of India (SOI), will complement the “AAROGYA-SETU” mobile application launched by the Government of India for contact tracing, public awareness & self-assessment objectives
- Name the company which has launched new virtual Braille keyboard named ‘TalkBack’.
5) SamsungAnswer-2) Google
Google has launched a new braille keyboard named TalkBack to simplify smartphone typing for those who are suffering from visual impairment. “TalkBack braille keyboard is a new virtual braille keyboard integrated directly into Android.
- The new green viper pit found in which Indian state has been named Salazar’s pit viper after Salazar Slytherin (fictional character in Harry Potter).
2) Arunachal Pradesh
5) BiharAnswer-2) Arunachal Pradesh
The new species of green pit viper discovered in Arunachal Pradesh by a team of researchers was named Salazar’s pit viper after Salazar Slytherin, a fictional character in J.K Rowling’s book series “Harry Potter”.
- What is the rank of Sharath Kamal in ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) World Ranking 2020 of senior male players (NO. 1 in India)?
5) 4Answer-2) 31
According to the ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) World Ranking 2020 of senior male players, India table tennis star Achanta Sharath Kamal has become the top-ranked player at 31st position with 6460 points by beating Sathiyan Gnanasekaran (who slipped one place to number 32). The list has been topped by Fan Zhendong of China with 17915 points.
- Name the person who authored the book titled ““Shuttling to the Top: The Story of P V Sindhu””.
1) Taslima Nasreen
2) Om Swami
3) Arunava Sinha
4) Krishnaswamy V
5) Chetan BhagatAnswer-4) Krishnaswamy V
A book titled “Shuttling to the Top: The Story of P V Sindhu” authored by Krishnaswamy V was published by HarperCollins in Amazon digital platform along with other two books, amid the lockdown due to Coronavirus.
- The World Haemophilia Day is celebrated annually on April 17. What is the theme for the day for the year 2020.
2) Hear Their Voices
3) Outreach and Identification
4) Treatment for all is vision for all
5) Sharing Knowledge MakesAnswer-1) Get+involved
World Haemophilia Day is celebrated worldwide on 17th April to create awareness about Haemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders. The World Federation of Haemophilia (WFH) initiated the celebration of the World Haemophilia Day in 1989 on April 17 to honor the birth anniversary of Frank Schnabel, the founder of WFH. The theme of the World Haemophilia Day is “Get+involved”.
- When was world art day celebrated every year?
1) March 17
2) May 14
3) April 15
4) June 6
5) July 2Answer-3) April 15
To celebrate the fine arts & to promote awareness of creative activity worldwide, The International Association of Art (IAA/AIAP), partner of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has declared the World Art Day on April 15.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the HQ of International Court of Justice (ICJ) located? Answer-Hague, Netherlands
The International Court of Justice (ICJ – Hague, Netherlands) called on the Indian Government to take effective measures to mitigate the disproportionate impact of the lockdown on internal migrant workers.
- Who is the current Managing Director of International Monetary Fund? Answer-Kristalina Georgieva
- Where is the HQ of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) located? Answer-Jakarta, Indonesia
- Where is the HQ of World Wildlife Fund (WWF) located? Answer-Gland, Switzerland
- Who is the present Administrator of NASA? Answer-Jim Bridenstine
- Where is the HQ of International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) located? Answer-Lausanne, Switzerland
- Survey of India (SOI) functions under which Indian department? Answer-Department of Science and Technology
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]