AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 & 19 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In April, the Ministry of Tourism signed MoU’s with 2 Online Travel Companies – Cleartrip and Ease My Trip for boosting the Hospitality & Tourism Industry. As per the MoU, In which portal the companies need to self-certify themselves?
1) SAATHI App
2) NIDHI Portal
3) Udyam Registration Portal
4) Only 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-4) Only 1 & 2
In April, the Ministry of Tourism signed MoU’s with 2 Online Travel Companies – Cleartrip and Ease My Trip for boosting the Hospitality & Tourism Industry of India.
The MoU aims to provide visibility to Tourist accommodation units which have self-certified themselves on,
· SAATHI App (System for Assessment, Awareness & Training for the Hospitality Industry)
· NIDHI (National Integrated Database of Hospital Industry) Portal
- In April 2021, the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) & Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) partnered for implementing PM-FME Scheme.
Identify the points that are correct with respect to PM-FME Scheme:
A) PM-FME was launched in 2018 under the Ministry of Rural Development
B) The Scheme provides Rs. 40,000 as working capital for each member of Self Help Groups (SHG)
C) It was launched with a total outlay of Rs.10, 000 crore for duration of 5 years
1) Only A
2) Only B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only BAnswer-2) Only B & C
The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) & Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) of Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) have agreed to work together on implementation of PM-FME Scheme (Pradhan Mantri Formalization of Micro Food Processing Enterprises Scheme).
· PM-FME Scheme was launched in 2020 under the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan initiative, under the MoFPI.
· Under the scheme, Rs. 40, 000 per SHG member will be provided as working capital.
· The scheme was launched with a total outlay of INR 10, 000 Crore for the duration of 5 years (2020-21 to 2024-25).
- Which Ministry partnered with Observer Research Foundation (ORF) to host the 6th Raisina dialogue, India’s global conference on geopolitics & geoeconomics in April 2021?
1) Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises
2) Ministry of Finance
3) Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
4) Ministry of External Affairs
5) Ministry of Electronics & Information TechnologyAnswer-4) Ministry of External Affairs
The 6th edition of the Raisina dialogue 2021 which is India’s annual global conference on geopolitics and geoeconomics was organized from April 13 to 16, 2021 in a fully digital form.
· It was hosted by the Observer Research Foundation (ORF) in partnership with the Ministry of External Affairs.
· Theme: ”Viral world: Outbreaks,Outliers and Out of Control”
- Which organisation released the report, ‘2021 Global Food Policy Report: Transforming Food Systems After COVID-19’?
1) International Food Policy Research Institute
2) Food and Agriculture Organization
3) World Bank
4) World Agroforestry Centre
5) World Health OrganizationAnswer-1) International Food Policy Research Institute
The ‘2021 Global Food Policy Report: Transforming Food Systems After COVID-19’ of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) stated that the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions has affected around half of India’s poor people from being deprived from nutritious food.
- What is the Rank of Indian passport as per the ‘Henley Passport Index: Q2 2021 Global Ranking’?
5) 84thAnswer-5) 84th
According to ‘Henley Passport Index: Q2 2021 Global Ranking’ released by Henley & Partners, India has been ranked as 84th Most Powerful Passport (visa-free score – 58). The Index has been topped by Japan, Singapore while Germany & South Korea together took the 3rd spot.
- For strengthening the supply chain & technology infrastructure, Flipkart (in Apr’21) made a strategic two-prong partnership with Which organisation?
1) Mahendra & Mahendra
2) Reliance Industries
3) Adani Groups
4) Tata Groups
5) Larsen & TurboAnswer-3) Adani Groups
Flipkart, an e-commerce marketplace, made a strategic two-prong partnership with Adani Group to strengthen its supply chain and technology infrastructure.
Under the two-prong partnership one with Adani Logistics Limited for forming fulfilment centre and the other with Adaniconnex Private Limited for data centres creation.
- Globally, which is the 1st company to be certified as L3 the highest grade by the UN-backed Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP) ecolabel?
1) LT Foods
2) Tyson Foods
5) ITC LimitedAnswer-1) LT Foods
India-based LT Foods Limited became the 1st company at the global level to be certified with the highest level of verification – L3, by UN-backed Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP) ecolabel.
- Who is the 1st & youngest author from Jammu & Kashmir to be named in India’s World Records?
1) Ira Trivedi
2) Soliha Shabir
3) Shama Futehally
4) Attia Hosain
5) Samina AliAnswer-2) Soliha Shabir
Soliha Shabir from Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) has added her name in India’s World Records, as the youngest and first author from J&K who has recreated the Life of Habba Khatoons poetry.
She has authored 3 books ‘In the lawn of dark’, ‘Obsolete- The poem Market’ and ‘Zoon – The heart of Habba Khatoon’.
- In April 2021, veteran actor Padma Shri Vivekh passed away. Which state does he belong to?
2) Andhra Pradesh
4) West Bengal
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-5) Tamil Nadu
Veteran Tamil actor Padma Shri Vivekh passed away in Chennai following a cardiac arrest.
· He was awarded Padma shri by the Government of India in the year 2009 for his contribution to the film industry
- In April 2021, India’s 1st female cricket commentator Chandra Nayudu passed away. Which of the following books was authored by her?
1) The cricket war
2) The Picador Book of Cricket
3) CK Nayudu: A Daughter Remembers
4) Beyond a Boundary
5) Cricket DronaAnswer-3) CK Nayudu: A Daughter Remembers
India’s 1st female cricket commentator Chandra Nayudu passed away at the age of 88 years due to prolonged illness, who had done his first commentary during a match between national champions Bombay (now Mumbai) and MCC in Indore in 1977.
She had penned a book titled ‘CK Nayudu: A Daughter Remembers’