AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 17,18 & 19 September 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs September 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which International organisation has recently (in Sept ‘23) collaborated with the Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying (AH&D) to strengthen One Health Approach for Pandemic Preparedness?
1) World Health Organization
2) World Organisation for Animal Health
3) United Nations Human Settlement Programme
4) World Wide Fund for Nature
5) International Monetary FundAnswer-2) World Organisation for Animal Health
The Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying (AH&D) under the Ministry of Fisheries Animal Husbandry & Dairying in collaboration with the World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH) organized a multi-sectoral workshop titled “Risk-based management of spillover events in wildlife in India”
i. The workshop aimed to strengthen the importance of a One Health approach, cross-sectoral collaboration, and pandemic preparedness.
ii. Four main objectives:
• Enhancing stakeholder knowledge about wildlife-origin disease risk analysis
• Conducting a comprehensive gap analysis of India’s risk assessment and management
• Simulating disease spillover scenarios
• Promoting communication and awareness among relevant stakeholders.
iii. ‘One Health’ is an integrated, unifying approach to balance and optimise the health of people, animals and the environment.
- In September 2023, Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Parshottam Rupala launched Shrimp Crop Insurance scheme developed by Agriculture Insurance Company of India Limited (AIC) with the support of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) – ______________________.
1) Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute
2) National Bureau of Aquaculture Resources
3) Central Institute of Fisheries Technology
4) National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources
5) Central Institute of Brackishwater AquacultureAnswer- 5) Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture
Union Minister Parshottam Rupala, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying (MoFAHD), launched Shrimp Crop Insurance scheme developed by Agriculture Insurance Company of India Limited (AIC) with the support of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) – Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture (CIBA).
i. The scheme was launched during the ICAR-CIBA’s 2nd edition of Shrimp Farmers Conclave 2023 at the Navsari Agricultural University Campus in Navsari, Gujarat on 14th September 2023.
ii. During the conclave, CIBA signed 2 Memorandums of Understanding (MoU):
iii. CIBA signed a MoU with National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) for implementing the crop insurance for aquaculture with premium subsidy offered by the NFDB.
iv. CIBA also signed a MoU with the Fish Farmers Producer Organization (FFPO) of Gujarat to offer technology support.
- In September 2023, the Geographical Indications Registry (GIR) granted Geographical Indication(GI) tags to ___________ (state)’s ‘Atreyapuram Pootharekulu’ under the Food Stuffs category.
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-3) Andhra Pradesh
The Geographical Indications Registry (GIR) has granted Geographical Indication (GI) tags to Andhra Pradesh’s ‘Atreyapuram Pootharekulu’, a sweet made of rice and jaggery.
GIR under the Department of Industry Promotion and Internal Trade (DIPIT), the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) had registered ‘Atreyapuram Pootharekulu’ sweet variety under the ‘FoodStuffs’ category.
• Atreyapuram is a village in Konaseema district of Andhra Pradesh.
i. GI Certificate Handover Ceremony was held at the Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University(DSNLU), Visakhapatnam on the occasion of the national workshop on “Geographical Indications and GI Certificate Handover Ceremony for Atreyapuram Pootharekulu”
- Which of the following points is/are “correct” with respect to the recent release by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in September 2023?
A) RBI released the names of 15 Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) in the Upper Layer (UL)/NBFC-UL under Scale Based Regulation for NBFCs for the year 2023-24.
B) The NBFC-UL (Upper Layer) includes NBFCs specifically identified by the RBI as warranting enhanced regulatory requirements based on a set of parameters and scoring methodology.
C) TMF Business Services Limited, formerly Tata Motors Finance Limited, qualifies as an NBFC-UL (Non-Banking Financial Company – Upper Layer) based on scoring methodology.
1) Only A
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
On September 15, 2023, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the names of 15 Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) in the Upper Layer (UL)/NBFC-UL under Scale Based Regulation for NBFCs for the year 2023-24. Click Here is the list of NBFC-UL for 2023-24.
i. In October 2021, RBI issued the Scale Based Regulation (SBR): A Revised Regulatory Framework for NBFCs (the framework) which categorizes NBFCs in the following as per their asset size and scoring methodology:
• NBFC-BL (Base Layer): It primarily consists of non-deposit-taking NBFCs with assets below Rs 1,000 crore.
• NBFC-ML (Middle Layer): It comprises all deposit-taking NBFCs and non-deposit-taking NBFCs with assets exceeding Rs 1,000 crore,
• NBFC-UL (Upper Layer): The upper layer includes NBFCs specifically identified by the RBI as warranting enhanced regulatory requirements based on a set of parameters and scoring methodology.
• The top 10 eligible NBFCs in terms of asset size will always reside in the upper layer, regardless of other factors.
• NBFC-TL (Top Layer): NBFC-UL will be moved to Top Layer if RBI recognizes a substantial increase in the potential systemic risk. As of now, the Top Layer shall ideally remain empty.
• TMF Business Services Limited, formerly Tata Motors Finance Limited, qualifies as an NBFC-UL (Non-Banking Financial Company – Upper Layer) based on scoring methodology.
• However, it is currently not listed as an NBFC-UL in the latest review due to ongoing business reorganization.
- Name the bank that has recently (in Sept ‘23) launched ‘SAATHI (Sustainable Access and Aligning Technology for Holistic Inclusion)’ to provide basic banking services at all centres for a minimum of four hours per day in fixed outlets.
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Bank of Baroda
3) Indian Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) Bank of IndiaAnswer-3) Indian Bank
Indian Bank has launched a new initiative called IB(Indian Bank) SAATHI (Sustainable Access and Aligning Technology for Holistic Inclusion), to provide basic banking services at all centres for a minimum of four hours per day in fixed outlets through the business correspondent (BC) channel.
i. The initiative was launched by Shanti Lal Jain who is the Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Indian Bank in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
ii. The program makes it easier for customers to access and use banking services, and it also offers both basic and value-added services to customers.
iii. To implement the initiative, Indian Bank needs to have more than 5,000 newly appointed new BCs (by March 2024) along with 15 Corporate Business Correspondents (CBCs).
• Presently, they have only 10,750 BCs and 10 CBCs.
- Name the ministry that has recently (in Sept ‘23) launched a dedicated website to monitor Swachhata Campaign 3.0 and Special Campaign for Disposal of Pending Matters (SCDPM) 2023.
1) Ministry of Rural Development
2) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
3) Ministry of Home Affairs
4) Ministry of Science and Technology
5) Ministry of Panchayati RajAnswer-4) Ministry of Science and Technology
On 14th September 2023, Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science and Technology, launched a dedicated website to monitor Swachhata Campaign 3.0 and Special Campaign for Disposal of Pending Matters (SCDPM) 2023 at National Media Centre, New Delhi, Delhi.
i. The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions is the Nodal Department for the implementation of this Campaign.
ii. The portal is designed, developed & hosted by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY).
Note: The Swachhata campaign, a mass awareness campaign, was 1st launched by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi on August 15, 2014.
- What was the theme of International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2023 that was observed across the globe by the United Nations on 16th September 2023?
1) Montreal Protocol – keeping us, our food and vaccines cool
2) Global Cooperation Protecting Life on Earth
3) Montreal Protocol: fixing the ozone layer and reducing climate change
4) Ozone for Life – 35 Years of Ozone Layer Protection
5) Montreal Protocol: 32 Years and HealingAnswer-3) Montreal Protocol: fixing the ozone layer and reducing climate change
The United Nations (UN) World Ozone Day or International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2023 was observed on 16th September 2023 with the theme of “Montreal Protocol: fixing the ozone layer and reducing climate change.” This day is also known as “Global Ozone Day.”
• The first International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer was observed on 16 September 1995.
- When was the International Coastal Clean-up (ICC) Day 2023 observed across the globe with theme of #SeatheChange?
1) 12th September 2023
2) 15th September 2023
3) 13th September 2023
4) 16th September 2023
5) 14th September 2023Answer-4) 16th September 2023
International Coastal Clean-up (ICC) Day is annually observed across the world on the 3rd Saturday of September to raise awareness of the problem of marine litter.
i. International Coastal Clean-up Day 2023 was observed on 16th September 2023 with the theme “#SeatheChange” focusing on plastic pollution.
ii. The first-ever International Coastal Clean-up event was hosted by Linda Maraniss and Kathy O’Hara, the members of Ocean Conservancy on the west coast of Washington State, the United States of America(USA) in 1986.
iii. To commemorate the Ocean Conservancy’s 38th annual International Coastal Cleanup, Ocean Conservancy, Volunteercleanup.org, organized an annual country-wide International Coastal Cleanup in Miami-Dade, at Margaret Pace Park in Florida (USA), on 16 September 2023 along with Miami Waterkeeper.
- Name the state that has recently (in Sept ‘23) launched Kalaignar Magalir Urimai (Thogai) Thittam, a women’s rights grant scheme to provide financial assistance of Rs 1000 per month for women.
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-5) Tamil Nadu
Chief Minister (CM) of Tamil Nadu (TN) M K Stalin launched Kalaignar Magalir Urimai (Thogai) Thittam, a women’s rights grant scheme, to provide financial assistance of Rs 1000 per month for women, who are recognised as the heads of families.
i. The scheme was launched on the occasion of the birth anniversary of former TN CM and Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) founder C.N. Annadurai(15th September).
ii. This was one of the 7 assurances given by Stalin in the run-up to the 2021 Assembly elections.
iii. The grant of Rs 12,000 per annum is set to improve the livelihood of women, enhance their standard of living and enable them to live with self-respect in society.
- Which state/UT has recently (in Sept ‘23) renamed the Udhampur railway station as “Martyr Captain Tushar Mahajan Railway Station”?
1) Himachal Pradesh
3) Jammu and Kashmir
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-3) Jammu and Kashmir
The Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) administration has passed an order to rename the Udhampur railway station in Udhampur district of J&K as “Martyr Captain Tushar Mahajan Railway Station”.
• The renaming was approved by the Ministry for Home Affairs (MHA).
i. Captain Tushar Mahajan, from Udhampur’s Adarsh Colony, J&K, was an officer of the 9 PARA (Special Forces of the Indian Army).
ii. He attained martyrdom during the terror attack on the Jammu and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute (JKEDI) Building in Pulwama district in February 2016 & He shot & killed a terrorist while protecting his fellow Army personnel during the attack.