AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Union cabinet approved the establishment of new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Darbhanga district of which state?
In order to boost health infrastructure in Bihar, the Central Government has given its consent for the establishment of a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) at Darbhanga, Bihar with an outlay of Rs.1264 crore. In this regard, the Cabinet also approved the creation of post of Director in the basic pay of Rs 2,25,000/- (fixed) plus NPA (however pay + NPA would not exceed Rs 2,37,500/-) for AIIMS. The project is likely to be completed within a period of 48 months. Also, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval to the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor Project from Palwal to Sonipat via Sohna-Manesar-Kharkhauda, benefitting Haryana’s district of Palwal, Nuh, Gurugram, Jhajjar and Sonipat, at an estimated cost of Rs. 5,617 crores.
- According to Union Minister of Chemical and Fertilizers D.V. Sadananda Gowda, India will be self-reliant in fertilizer production by ______.
The Union Minister of Chemical and Fertilizers D.V. Sadananda Gowda announced that India will be self-reliant in fertilizer production by 2023 while addressing a webinar on Self-Reliant India and Sustainable Agriculture Organized by cooperative Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) for farmers of Karnataka. Currently, the fertilizer production of the country is 42-45 million tonnes, and imports are at around 18 million tonnes.
- Name the Madhya Pradesh chief minister who has launched ‘Poshan Sarkar’ program recently.
1) Shivraj Singh Chouhan
2) Trivendra Singh Rawat
3) Naveen Patnaik
4) Uddhav Thackeray
5) None of the Above
Answer-1) Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Launched a ‘Poshan Sarkar’ program with an Objective of ensuring active participation of local Bodies-Gram Panchayats and Urban bodies in the Nutrition Campaign. The month September is Observed as Nutrition month in India.
- The 10th Defense Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) was held between India and which country in September 2020?
1) United States
5) United Kingdom
Answer-1) United States
10th Defense Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) between India and United States was held virtually through a video conference. The aim of the DTTI group is to bring focus on bilateral defense trade relationship and to create opportunities for co-production and co-development of defense equipment.
- How much is the insurance amount provided per health worker under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package scheme?
1) 10 Lakh
2) 20 Lakh
3) 25 Lakh
4) 75 Lakh
5) 50 Lakh
Answer-5) 50 Lakh
The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package(PMGKP) Insurance Scheme for Health Workers who are fighting against COVID-19 has been extended as 6 months’ scheme, i.e., 180 days. The central sector scheme was announced on March 30, 2020 for a period of 90 days, it was extended for further 90 days i.e. up to September 2020. The Rs 50 lakh insurance scheme is a part of the Rs 1.70 lakh Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package announced in March 2020.
- Which bank partnered with Titan to launch India’s 1st contactless payment watch named ‘Titan Pay’?
1) ICICI Bank
2) Indian Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) Canara Bank
Answer-4) State Bank of India
Titan Company Limited(Titan), one of the world’s 5th largest watch manufacturers associated with TATA group, in collaboration with State Bank of India(SBI) introduced Titan Pay, powered by YONO (You Only Need One) SBI. Through this partnership, Titan and SBI are launching a range of stylish new watches with contactless payment functionality for the 1st time in India. CK Venkataraman, MD of Titan and Rajnish Kumar, the Chairman of SBI unveiled the product.
- Which bank has partnered with Mastercard to launch debit card for high net worth customers?
1) CSB Bank
2) IndusInd Bank
3) RBL Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) SBM Bank
Answer-5) SBM Bank
SBM Bank (India) Limited (SBM Bank India) and Mastercard have collaborated to launch SBM World Debit Card, a one-of-a-kind debit card for the sophisticated needs of high net worth customers. It represents a combination of niche banking solutions and thoroughly managed lifestyle privileges, including some of the finest shopping and dining opportunities. The custom built card is an addition to SBM Bank India’s Private Wealth offering.
- Find the organization which launches awareness & sensitization programme for Farmer Producer Organizations (FPO) in co-ordination with district administration.
1) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
2) Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI)
3) Competition Commission of India (CCI)
4) National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD)
5) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
Answer-4) National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD)
An Awareness & Sensitization programme was launched by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) for the newly proposed Farmer Producer Organizations (FPO) along with district administration, the objectives of the awareness cum sensitization programme is to aid the farmers to form FPO’s and sell their product on reasonable rates by avoiding brokers.
- Reserve Bank of India issued Draft Rupee Interest Rate Derivatives (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2020 under which section of the RBI Act, 1934?
1) Section 45 A
2) Section 45 W
3) Section 45 B
4) Section 45 D
5) Section 45 Z
Answer-2) Section 45 W
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued Draft Rupee Interest Rate Derivatives (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2020 under Section 45 W of the RBI Act, 1934 to allow foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) to undertake exchange-traded rupee interest rate derivatives transactions subject to an overall ceiling of Rs 5,000 crore. The RBI has sought comment on these directions by October 15, 2020.
- Name the PSU which has partnered with SwissRapide AG to bring Maglev (Magnetic Levitation) train projects in India.
1) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
2) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
3) Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
4) Coal India Limited (CIL)
5) None of the Above
Answer-2) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with SwissRapide AG to Maglev Train (Magnetic Levitation) Projects in India. The MoU was signed by S V Srinivasan, General Manager & Head (Transportation Business Group), BHEL and Niklaus H Koenig, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), SwissRapide AG.
- Which state government has signed MoU with Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to support MSMEs (September 2020)?
The Government of Gujarat signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to provide capacity building and market support around 35 lakh Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) of Gujarat and to increase their self-reliance.
- Who chairs the committee on Food and Beverages (F&B) formed by Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI)?
1) Vivek Agarwal
2) Sanjay Grover
3) Laxman Singh Rathor
4) R. Senguttuvan
5) Manish Shah
Answer-3) Laxman Singh Rathor
Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) constituted three committees to tap into new markets and identify new opportunities for trade and investment. The Three Committees will focus on Food & Beverages, Food Processing Technology and Chemical and Allied Products. Laxman Singh Rathor, President of International Business of Ramdev Food Products Pvt Ltd was elected as Chairman of committee on Food and Beverages (F&B) and Vivek Agarwal, Managing Director of Capital Venture Pvt Ltd was elected as Vice Chair of the committee. R. Senguttuvan, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Indian Tobacco Company (ITC) Limited (Printing & Packaging Division) was elected as Chairman of Committee and Sanjay Grover, Vice President of International Business of Kirloskar Pneumatic Company Limited was elected as Vice Chairman of the Committee. The Committee on Chemical and Allied Products will be chaired by Manish Shah, Managing Director of Tanya Exports and Kapil Malhotra, Vice President of Marketing of Gujarat Fluorochemicals Ltd will be the Vice-Chairman.
- Yoshihide Suga has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of which country?
4) South Korea
Yoshihide Suga was formally elected as Japan’s New Prime Minister. He will succeed Shinzo Abe, who was Japan’s Longest serving Prime Minister and stepped down due to health problems. The 71-year old Yoshihide received 314 votes (462 votes were cast) in the 465-member House of Representatives, and 142 votes in the 245-member House of Councillors (House of Representatives & House of Councillors are both part of DIET, National Parliament of Japan). Yoshihide’s party Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) holds a majority in the Japan Parliament.
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of online poker platform, 9stacks?
1) Harmanpreet Kaur
2) Deepti Sharma
3) Rohit Sharma
4) MS Dhoni
5) Suresh Raina
Answer-5) Suresh Raina
9stacks, India’s fastest growing online poker platform has roped in Suresh Raina, Indian cricketer as its brand ambassador. A left-handed batsman and a spin bowler, Suresh Raina will be a part of the upcoming campaigns and engagement activities of 9stacks. He will anchor the brand and help to create a higher brand recall among the key target audience.
- Which edition of Global Ayurveda Summit was inaugurated by Vice president Venkaiah Naidu on theme “Emerging Opportunities for Ayurveda during Pandemic” (September 2020)?
The 4th edition of Global Ayurveda Summit was virtually inaugurated by Vice-President Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu on the theme “Emerging Opportunities for Ayurveda during Pandemic”. It will culminate on October 14, 2020. The summit will include 8-day International Conference, 30-day International Exhibition and Focused Business to Business Meetings and participation from more than 25 countries. It is being organized by the CII (Confederation of Indian Industry)-Kerala in partnership with Ministry of Ayush (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy), and with the support of Ayurveda Medical Association of India (AMAI), Ayurvedic Medicine Manufacturers Organisation in India (AMMOI) and Ayurveda Hospital Management Association (AHMA).
- The Ministry of Defence cancelled two arms import contracts worth _______ (approx) recently.
1) $5 Billion
2) $1 Billion
3) $2.5 Billion
4) $2 Billion
5) $1.5 Billion
Answer-3) $2.5 Billion
The Ministry of Defence cancelled two arms import contracts worth over $2.5 Billion (Approximately Rs. 21,500 Crores), which were in final stages of procurement. The decision was taken in a special meeting chaired by the Defence Secretary, Raj Kumar, Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat also attended the meeting.
- Which metro launched India’s 1st indigenous signaling technology named ‘i-ATS’ (Automatic Train Supervision)?
1) Ahmedabad Metro
2) Kolkata Metro
3) Mumbai Metro
4) Delhi Metro
5) Nagpur Metro
Answer-4) Delhi Metro
On the occasion of Engineers Day i.e. September 15, 2020, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) launched i-ATS (Automatic Train Supervision), the first Made-in-India signaling system. It is an important sub-system of the signaling system for the development of CBTC (Communication Based Train Control) based signaling technology for metro railway by automatically detecting all trains on a corridor.
- Which company delivers world’s first LNG-powered very large container ship?
1) Samsung Heavy Industry
2) Mitsubishi Heavy Industry
3) Shanghai Waigaoqiao Heavy Industry
4) Hyundai Samho Heavy Industry
5) Imabari Shipbuilding Heavy Industry
Answer-4) Hyundai Samho Heavy Industry
South Korean shipbuilder Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries Co Ltd said on September 14, 2020 it had delivered the world’s first very large container ship powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG) to Singapore’s Eastern Pacific Shipping Pte Ltd.
- Sadashiv Raoji Patil who passed away recently is associated with which sport?
Former Indian Cricketer Sadashiv Raoji Patil who represented India in one test match passed away at the age of 86 at his residence in Kolhapur, Maharashtra. He was born on 10th October 1933 in Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
- Moussa Traore who passed away in September 2020 is the former president of which country?
Former President of Republic of Mali (South Africa) General Moussa Traoré, who reigned over Mali for more than 22 years passed away at the age of 83 at his retirement villa in Djicoroni-Para, Bamako, Mali. He was born in 1936 in Kayes, Mali.
- Kapila Vatsyayan who passed away recently was the Padma Vibhushan recipient (2011) in which field?
1) Trade & Industry
3) Science & Engineering
4) Public Affairs
5) Literature & Education
Kapila Vatsyayan, a renowned scholar of Indian classical dance, art, architecture, and art history passed away at New Delhi, India due to age related ailments. She was about 91 years old. She was a former Member of Parliament(MP) and lifetime trustee of India International Centre (IIC). She was founder trustee, academic director and chairperson of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts. Kapila Vatsyayan is the recipient of Padma Vibhushan (2011).
- The world ozone day was observed every year on September 16. What is the theme of the day for 2020?
1) “Caring for all life under the sun”
2) “Keep cool and carry on”
3) “Ozone for life: 35 years of ozone layer protection”
4) “32 Years and Healing”
5) “30 years of healing the ozone together”
Answer-3) “Ozone for life: 35 years of ozone layer protection”
United Nations (UN’s) World Ozone Day or also called as International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is annually observed across the globe on 16th September to create and spread awareness on the importance of Ozone layer and the effective ways to protect it. The first International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer was observed on 16th September 1995. The theme for the 2020 is “Ozone for life: 35 years of ozone layer protection”.
- ‘Pothgal’ web portal was launched by which state government?
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Telangana’s Minister of Information Technology and Industries, Kalvakuntla Taraka Rama Rao(KTR) launched the Primary Agriculture Cooperative Society(PACS), Pothgal web portal – www.pacspothgal.com at Mustabad Mandal, Rajanna Sircilla district. This is the first of its kind portal which contains all the details of the loans, loan processes and services offered by the co-operative society.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the currency of Japan?
The capital and currency of Japan are Tokyo and Japanese Yen respectively.
- ‘Purely banking nothing else’ is the tagline of which bank?
1) ICICI Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) HDFC Bank
4) Indian Bank
5) Canara Bank
Answer-2) State Bank of India
‘The banker to every Indian’; ‘With you all the way’; ‘Purely banking nothing else’; ‘The nation banks on us’ are the tagline of State Bank of India.
- Who is the MD&CEO of SBM Bank India?
1) B Chandrasekar
2) C K Venkataraman
3) Rajnish Kumar
4) Sidharth Rath
5) None of the Above
Answer-4) Sidharth Rath
Sidharth Rath is the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of SBM Bank (India).
- Where is the HQ of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) located?
3) New Delhi
Answer-3) New Delhi
The HQ of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) located at New Delhi.
- Golconda Fort is located at which state?
5) Andhra Pradesh
Golconda Fort, also known as Golkonda is a fortified citadel and an early capital city of the Qutb Shahi dynasty, located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.