AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- An UAE based Healthcare provider, ___________, signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with India’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) for upgrading India’s Healthcare ecosystem with AI & Deep Learning.
1) Mediclinic Middle East
2) Aster DM Healthcare
3) Integrated Gulf Biosystems
4) Fortis Memorial Research Institute
5) Anadolu Medical CenterAnswer-2) Aster DM Healthcare
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with UAE based Aster DM Healthcare to change and improve health care innovations & outcomes in India. The partnership aims to make use of AI & Deep Learning to transform India’s medical devices & healthcare ecosystem & to make health care accessible and affordable in India. Using Aster’s Clinical Simulation Lab, startups can validate their model with real world data available at Aster Data Bank.
- As per Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare’s data, Sikkim, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka & Maharashtra have more than half of the micro-irrigated farmlands in India. Under Which central govt. scheme, “Per Drop More Crop” was included as a component?
1) Micro Irrigation Fund scheme
2) Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana
3) Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
4) National Mission For Sustainable Agriculture
5) Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai YojanaAnswer-5) Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
According to data presented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (MoAFW) to Lok Sabha, 4 states namely Sikkim, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka & Maharashtra have more than half of the net cultivated farmlands under micro-irrigation in India. Irrigation cost is reduced by 20-50% by implementing Micro Irrigation techniques.
Schemes to Improve Micro Irrigation in India:
PMKSY-PDMC: Per Drop More Crop component of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY-PDMC).
Micro Irrigation Fund (MIF): It is operationalized in NABARD from 2019-20.
- Which company recently (in Mar’21) partnered with IIT Delhi’s Centre for Automotive Research and Tribology (CART) for research in deploying Autonomous Vehicles in Urban India?
1) Hyundai Motor
2) Mahindra & Mahindra
3) MG Motor
5) Tata MotorsAnswer-3) MG Motor
MG Motor India partnered with IIT Delhi’s Centre for Automotive Research and Tribology (CART) for enhanced research in deployment of Electric, Connected & Autonomous Vehicles in India’s Urban landscape. This partnership for research in CASE mobility (Connected – Autonomous – Shared – Electric) was made through IIT-Delhi’s Industrial Interface Organisation, Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer (FITT).
- In which country, INS Jalashwa recently (in Mar’21) delivered 1,000 MT of rice as part of India’s Covid-19 assistance for IOR Countries through Mission Sagar-IV?
5) MozambiqueAnswer-1) Comoros
In March 2021, Indian Naval Ship(INS) Jalashwa, the largest amphibious ship of Indian Navy reached Port Anjouan, Comoros to deliver 1,000 Metric Tonnes (MT) of rice as part of India’s Covid-19 assistance for Indian Ocean Region (IOR) Countries through Mission Sagar-IV.
· The capital & currency of Comoros is ‘Moroni’ & Comorian ‘franc’.
- 30 researchers from CSIR-NIO are on a 90-days mission in Indian Ocean to study the internal working of Unicellular organisms. Which Research Vessel was used by them?
1) Sindhu Sadhana
2) Sindhu Sankalp
3) Sagar Nidhi
4) Sagar Sampada
5) Sagar SuktiAnswer-1) Sindhu Sadhana
A 30-member team of Scientists & Researchers from CSIR-NIO (National Institute of Oceanography) will spend 90 days on the research vessel Sindhu Sadhana travelling over 10, 000 nautical miles in the Indian Ocean. The aim of the mission is to study about the internal working of the body of the ocean at a cellular level.
- Which organisation released the report, “Sustainable Development Goals: Enabling the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development through Strategy 2030”?
1) World Bank
2) World Economic Forum
3) World Health Organization
4) Asian Development Bank
5) United NationsAnswer-4) Asian Development Bank
Asian Development Bank (ADB)’s report titled “ADB’s Support for the Sustainable Development Goals: Enabling the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development through Strategy 2030” states that, a renewed focus on achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be essential as countries seek to rebuild from the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Which UPI handle got approval from SEBI (in Mar’21) to provide Initial Public Offering (IPO) applications, enabling users to invest in the capital market?
1) Citi Mobile
2) Google Pay
3) BHIM SBI Pay
5) PaytmAnswer-5) Paytm
SEBI approved Paytm UPI handle to enable fast and seamless payment mandates for Initial Public Offering (IPO) applications to benefit millions of users to invest in capital markets through various brokerage platforms using them @Paytm. Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is an instant real-time payment system developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) on 11 April 2016 to facilitate inter-bank transactions.
- What was the new feature launched by NPCI (in Mar’21) on BHIM UPI, a part of its Digi-Help stack?
5) UPI-SupportAnswer-1) UPI-Help
National Payments Corporation Limited (NPCI), launched ‘UPI-Help’ on BHIM UPI, a part of its Digi-Help stack. This Feature will enhance the hassle-free experience on issue resolution for BHIM UPI app users. Initially, this feature will be available for the customers of State Bank of India (SBI), AXIS Bank, HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank.
MD & CEO – Dilip Asbe
Headquarter – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Which is the host city for 2021’s Asian Boxing Championship?
1) Bangkok, Thailand
2) Beijing, China
3) New Delhi, India
4) Jakarta, Indonesia
5) Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaAnswer-3) New Delhi, India
International Boxing Association (AIBA) announced that 2021’s Edition of Asian Boxing Championship will be held between May 21-31 at New Delhi, India. This will be the 1st boxing tournament in Asia in 2021.
2019 Asian Amateur Boxing Championships:
· For the 1st time in the tournament’s history both men & women fought in the same championship.
· Host – Bangkok, Thailand
· India’s Amit Panghal & Pooja Rani had won Gold in the Tournament.
- Who authored the book, “My Life in Full: Work, Family and Our Future”?
1) Ajay Banga
2) Shantanu Narayen
3) Satya Nadella
4) Indra Nooyi
5) Nikesh AroraAnswer-4) Indra Nooyi
Padma Bhushan awardee Indra Nooyi, the former CEO of PepsiCo is set to publish her memoir titled “My Life in Full: Work, Family and Our Future”. The book will feature both the personal and professional life of Indra Nooyi. At present, she serves as the Board member of Amazon.com Inc since 2019.