AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- As per Commerce Ministry data, the Gold imports down by _____% during April – February of financial year 2019-20.
5) 8.97Answer-4) 8.86
According to commerce ministry data, India’s gold imports declined by 8.86 % to $ 27 billion (about Rs 1.90 lakh crore) during the first 11 months (April-February) of the current financial year-FY 2019-20. In the same period last fiscal (FY 2018-19), gold imports stood at $ 29.62 billion.
- The GST on mobile phones and specified parts were increased from 12% to ____% on the 39th GST council meet held at New Delhi.
5) 21Answer-2) 18
The 39th GST council meet headed by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman held at New Delhi in March 2020. During the meet the GST on mobile phones and specified parts were increased from 12% to 18%. Also, GST on all types of matchsticks has been rationalised to a single GST rate of 12%. Till now, the handmade ones were taxed at 5% and the rest was taxed at 18%.
- PM Modi has proposed the creation of COVID-19 Emergency fund in SAARC region during video conference meet of SAARC representatives. Also India has offered _____ (USD) for the fund.
1) 100 million
2) 5 million
3) 10 million
4) 50 million
5) 25 millionAnswer-3) 10 million
PM Modi has proposed the creation of COVID-19 Emergency Fund through voluntary contributions from all SAARC Nations. This fund can be used by any of the partner countries to meet the cost of immediate actions. India has offered the US $10 million for the fund.
- Name the Indian Ministry which launched the ROPAX transport service in Maharashtra (March 2020).
1) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
2) Ministry of Civil Aviation
3) Ministry of Shipping
4) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
5) Ministry of Earth SciencesAnswer-3) Ministry of Shipping
Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of State for Shipping and Chemical and Fertilizers inaugurated ROPAX services at Alibag, Maharashtra. It is a Water Transport Service Project under Eastern Waterfront Development from BhauchaDhakka in Mumbai to Mandwa in Maharashtra. ROPAX Vessel M2M -1 was built in Greece in September 2019, which is specially designed for the passengers for a time-saving journey and it is highly manoeuvrable.
- Name the Indian state government which announced the Chief Minister’s Akhannaba Sanaroisingi Tengbang (CMAST) & Chief Ministergi Artiste SinggiTengbang (CMAT) schemes for Sportsperson and Artistes (March 2020).
2) Arunachal Pradesh
5) MizoramAnswer-3) Manipur
Manipur Chief Minister Nongthombam(N) Biren Singh announced the Chief Minister’s Akhannaba Sanaroisingi Tengbang (CMAST) & Chief Ministergi Artiste Singgi Tengbang (CMAT) to provide benefits to sports persons & artistes who have brought laurels to the State & country.
- Name the E-Commerce company which partnered with Aegon Life Insurance company to sell quick access life insurance policies (March 2020).
5) BrainbeesAnswer-3) Flipkart
Flipkart, an E-commerce company based partnered with Aegon Life Insurance to sell comprehensive insurance solutions to customers seeking instant digital policies with an assured sum up to Rs 10 lakh.
- Name the Navratna company which signed Crude Oil Sales agreement (COSA) with Numaligarh refinery (March 2020).
1) National Mineral Development Corporation Limited (NMDC)
2) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
3) Oil India Limited (OIL)
4) Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
5) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)Answer-3) Oil India Limited (OIL)
The country’s second-largest national oil explorer – Oil India Limited (OIL) signed an agreement named as Crude Oil Sales Agreement (COSA) with Numaligarh Refinery for sale &purchase of crude oil at Narengi, Guwahati.
- Name the person who has been announced as the 1st winner of Road Safety (RS) Media fellowship 2019 by Centre for Media Studies (CMS).
1) Prachi Salve
2) Pradeep Dwivedi
3) Ralph Nader
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Centre for Media Studies (CMS) announced that Prachi Salve of IndiaSpend and Pradeep Dwivedi of DainikJagran as the first winner of Road Safety (RS) Media Fellowship 2019, for their work in contribution towards reporting on road safety. Centre for Media Studies (CMS) supported by the World Health Organization (WHO), conducted a three-month program for journalists to work on road safety issues in 2019.
- Indian journalists Arfa Khanum Sherwani & Rohini Mohan jointly won the “Chameli Devi Jain Award 2019” for outstanding Women mediapersons. The award was instituted by _________.
1) Devi Jain Foundation
2) Women Foundation
3) Media Foundation
4) Award Foundation
5) Chameli FoundationAnswer-3) Media Foundation
Indian journalists Arfa Khanum Sherwani, senior editor of the news website ‘The Wire’ and Bengaluru-based freelancer Rohini Mohan jointly won the “Chameli Devi Jain Award 2019” for outstanding Women mediapersons. The honourable mention was received by Rukmini S, an independent data-journalist from Chennai. The award is an Indian journalistic award which was instituted by the Media Foundation in 1980.
- RK Singh (MoS independent -Power, New and Renewable Energy) launched a new website of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE). The website has the additional portals of India Renewable Idea Exchange’ (IRIX) and ________________.
1) No Queue
5) AkshayUrjaAnswer-5) AkshayUrja Portal
The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy & Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Raj Kumar (R K) Singh launched a new website of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE). The website has additional portals such as ‘AkshayUrja Portal’ & ‘India Renewable Idea Exchange’ (IRIX).
- Name the Indian Table Tennis player who has won singles title in ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) Challenger Plus Oman Open 2020.
1) Sharath Kamal
2) Anthony Amalraj
3) Mouma Das
4) Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
5) Manika BatraAnswer-1) Sharath Kamal
Achanta Sharath Kamal (37), a professional table tennis player from Tamil Nadu (TN) has ended the title wait of a decade by winning the ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) Challenger Plus Oman Open 2020 men’s singles title by defeating Portugal’s top seed Marcos Freitas with 4-2 scores in the final played at Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex in Muscat, Oman.
- Name the person who has won the men’s singles title in the 112th edition of All England Open 2020 (March 2020) badminton tournament.
1) Yuta Watanabe
2) Viktor Axelsen
3) Hiroyuki Endo
4) Chou Tien-chen
5) Praveen JordanAnswer-2) Viktor Axelsen
Explanation:2020 All England Open (officially known as the Yonex All England Open Badminton Championships 2020), was the 112th edition of oldest badminton tournament organized jointly by Badminton England & Badminton World Federation (BWF), held at Arena Birmingham in Birmingham, England from March 11 -15, 2020. Viktor Axelsen became the 1st Denmark player to win the All England title for 21 years.
List of Winners:
Event Winners Runners Men’s Singles Viktor Axelsen (Denmark) Chou Tien-chen (Chinese Taipei) Women’s Singles Tai Tzu Ying (Chinese Taipei) Chen Yufei (China) Men’s Doubles Hiroyuki Endo (Japan)
Yuta Watanabe (Japan)
Marcus Fernaldi Gideon (Indonesia)
Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (Indonesia)
Women’s Doubles Yuki Fukushima(Japan)
Sayaka Hirota (Japan)
Du Yue (China)
Li Yinhui (China)
Mixed Doubles Praveen Jordan (Indonesia)
Melati Daeva Oktavianti (Indonesia)
Dechapol Puavaranukroh (Thailand)
Sapsiree Taerattanachai (Thailand)
- Name the person who has won the women’s singles title in the 112th edition of All England Open 2020 (March 2020) badminton tournament.
1) Chen Yufei
2) Yuki Fukushima
3) Tai Tzu Ying
4) Du Yue
5) Sayaka HirotaAnswer-3) Tai Tzu Ying
- Name the Person Who Authored the book titled ‘An Extraordinary Life: A biography of Manohar Parrikar’ which is going to be published by Penguin Random House India in April 2020.
1) Sadguru Patil
2) Mayabhushan Nagvenkar
3) Shashi Tharoor
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
A book titled “An Extraordinary Life: A biography of Manohar Parrikar” was written by senior journalists Sadguru Patil and Mayabhushan Nagvenkar. The book will be published by Penguin Random House India and to be released in April 2020.
- Puthussery Ramachandran who passed away recently (March 2020) is a ________.
3) Law Maker
5) PoetAnswer-5) Poet
Dr Puthussery Ramachandran a Veteran Malayalam poet, a scholar of Dravidian linguistics and a teacher passed away due to age-related illness at the age of 91 years.
- The World Consumer Day is celebrated annually on March 15. What is the theme of World Consumer Day 2020?
1) ‘Trusted Smart Products’
2) ‘Making Digital Marketplaces Fairer’
3) ’Building a Digital World Consumers Can Trust’
4) ‘The Sustainable Consumer’
5) ‘Trusted Products for Consumers ‘Answer-4) The Sustainable Consumer
The World Consumer Day 2020 was observed on March 15, 2020. The day is celebrated every year on March 15 to spread awareness about consumer rights and needs since 1983. It is an initiative by Consumer International which is a membership organisation for consumer groups around the world.
Theme of the year 2020: ‘The Sustainable Consumer.’
- The National Vaccination Day is observed annually on _________.
1) August 24
2) March 16
3) December 26
4) April 15
5) January 18Answer-2) March 16
National Vaccination Day is observed every year on 16th March 2020. This day is celebrated throughout India to create awareness and the importance of getting timely vaccinations.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Chaitra Jatra festival was celebrated on which Indian state? Answer-Odisha
- What is the Capital and Currency of Madagascar? Answer-Capital – Antananarivo & Currency – Ariary
India delivers 600 tonnes of rice to flood-hit Madagascar recently (March 2020). The Madagascar’s capital is Antananarivo and Currency is Ariary.
- Who is the Secretary General of SAARC (March 2020). Answer-Esala RuwanWeerakoon
- Where is the Headquarters of ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) located at? Answer-Lausanne, Switzerland
- When was National Consumer Day celebrated in India? Answer-December 24
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]