AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 June 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- According to the 4th Annual Report of Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) released in June 2022, the Unemployment Rate (UR) fall to _______ in 2020-21 from 4.8% in 2019-20.
5) 4.1%Answer-3) 4.2%
In accordance with the Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) – 4th Annual Report (July, 2020 – June, 2021), the Unemployment Rate (UR) saw a decrease of 0.6% and fell to 4.2% in 2020-21, compared with 4.8% in 2019-20. The survey was released by the National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) on June 14, 2022, covering both rural and urban areas.
• The UR in rural areas was 3.3% in 2021-21, a reduction from 4% in 2019-20; and in urban areas it was 6.7%, a reduction from 7% in 2019-20. The UR of males came down to 4.5 % in 2020-21 from 5.1% in 2019-20 and The UR of women declined to 3.5 % in 2020-21 from 4.2 % in 2019-20.
• The Labour Force Participation Rate (LFPR) in the population was 41.6% during 2020-21 as compared to 40.1% in 2019-20. In rural areas it was 42.7% in 2020-2021, and 38.9% in urban areas.
• The Worker Population Ratio (WPR) was 39.8%, an increase from 38.2% of 2019-20. It was 41.3% in rural areas for 2020-2021, and 36.3% in urban areas.
- As of Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN)’s 41st issue of its Micrometer Report for Q4 Financial Year FY22, ________ Surpassed West Bengal to Emerge as The Largest State with Outstanding Microfinance Loans Portfolio.
3) Tamil Nadu
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-3) Tamil Nadu
Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN), an industry association, has released the 41st issue of its Micrometer Report for Q4 Financial Year 2021-22 (FY22), a quarterly report that gives an overview of the microfinance (micro-credit) industry as of March 31, 2022 (Q4 FY22).
i. According to Micrometer Q4 FY22 data, Tamil Nadu has overtaken West Bengal as the state with the largest outstanding portfolio of microfinance loans.
ii. Tamil Nadu’s gross loan portfolio (GLP) was Rs 36,806 crore as of March 31, 2022. Bihar (Rs. 35,941 crore) and West Bengal (Rs. 34,016 crore) came in second and third, respectively. At the end of Q3FY22, West Bengal topped the chart with the highest outstanding loan portfolio of Rs. 32,880 crore, followed by Tamil Nadu (Rs. 32,359 crore).
- Which of the following points are ‘correct’ with respect to the Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2022 (GSER 2022) released in London Tech Week 2022 from 13th to 17th June 2022?
A) Startup Genome released the 10th-anniversary edition of Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2022 (GSER 2022).
B) Bengaluru, Karnataka has ranked 22nd on the global ranking while Silicon Valley ranked 1st in the global startup ecosystem ranking followed by New York City.
C) Bengaluru has ranked 1st in Asia and 5th on the global stage for tech venture capital (VC) investment in 2022.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A
5) Only BAnswer-1) All A, B & C
Startup Genome released the 10th-anniversary edition of Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2022 (GSER 2022), at the Elevating Founders event of London Tech Week 2022 (13th to 17th June 2022). The report was introduced by JF Gauthier, Founder and CEO of Startup Genome.
i. Bengaluru, Karnataka has ranked 22nd on the global ranking while Delhi has moved up 11 places and ranked 26th and Mumbai is ranked at 36 while Silicon Valley has ranked 1 in the global startup ecosystem ranking followed by New York City and London in 2nd position followed by Boston in 4th and Beijing in 5th position.
ii. According to the report, Bengaluru has ranked 1st in Asia and 5th on the global stage for tech venture capital (VC) investment in 2022.
iii. Kerala and Telangana are among the top 10 in the Global Ecosystem in Affordable talents.
iv. Chennai and Pune and Telangana are featured among the top 100 emerging startup ecosystems globally.
- As per the International Institute for Management Development (IMD)’s annual 34th World Competitiveness Index 2022 released in June’22, India secured _____ rank while ____ tops the 2022 ranking featuring 63 economies.
1) 43rd; Switzerland
2) 37th; Denmark
3) 34th; Singapore
4) 43rd; Denmark
5) 37th; SwitzerlandAnswer-2) 37th; Denmark
According to the International Institute for Management Development (IMD)’s annual World Competitiveness Index – 2022 (34th edition) India has jumped 6 positions from 43rd in 2021 to 37th in the 2022 ranking. India has recorded the sharpest rise among the Asian economies.
i. Denmark has topped the 2022 ranking featuring 63 economies, followed by Switzerland(2nd) and Singapore(3rd).
• The 2022 World Competitiveness Ranking(WCR) was released by the IMD Business school in Switzerland and Singapore.
ii. India Rank: India’s ranking in Economic performance has increased from 37 in 2021 to 28 in 2022, Government efficiency has increased from 46 to 45 and Business efficiency has increased from 32 to 23. India’s ranking in Infrastructure remains at 49. India has ranked 11th on the Peer Group Ranking Asia-Pacific 2022.
- Name the company that recently (in June’22) introduced an industry-first instant credit line service on WhatsApp leveraging its AI-powered chat capability.
5) BrightDimeAnswer-4) CASHe
CASHe, a credit- led, Artificial Intelligence (AI)-driven financial wellness platform, has introduced an industry-first instant credit line service on WhatsApp leveraging its AI-powered chat capability.
i. CASHe provides an instant credit limit 24/7 on WhatsApp to customers, by merely typing their names into the service, without the need for any paperwork, app downloads, or time-consuming application forms.
ii. CASHe’s WhatsApp chat service is built on the WhatsApp Business Platform,an enterprise solution that enables businesses to engage with new and existing consumers on WhatsApp in a simple, secure, and reliable manner.
iii. Leveraging WhatsApp’s growing user base in India, CASHe has become the first fintech firm to offer the service using its AI-powered chatbot.
- In June 2022, Hamza Abdi Barre was appointed as the Prime minister of which country?
5) EthiopiaAnswer-3) Somalia
Somalia’s President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud appointed a former chairman of the Jubbaland state election commission, Hamza Abdi Barre as the prime minister (PM).
i. Hamza Abdi Barre from the semi-autonomous state of Jubaland replaces Mohamed Hussein Roble and he served as the chairperson of the Jubaland Independent Boundaries and Electoral Commission in 2019-20 and is the 1st prime minister to emerge from Somalia’s Ogaden clan.
Capital – Mogadishu
Currency – Somali Shilling
- In June 2022, India tested the Prithvi-II missile from an integrated test range in Chandipur, Odisha.
The Prithvi-II is a _______ missile with a 250 km extended range that was developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
1) Medium Range Ballistic Missile
2) Integrated Range Ballistic Missile
3) Intermediate-Range Ballistic Missile
4) Intracontinental Range Ballistic Missile
5) Short Range Ballistic MissileAnswer-5) Short Range Ballistic Missile
India successfully carried out the night launch of a Short-Range Ballistic Missile (SRBM), Prithvi-II from an integrated test range, Chandipur, Odisha. Prithvi-2 missile is also capable of carrying nuclear weapons and the precision on striking the target is very high with which the night attack is feasible. The launch successfully validated all operational and technical parameters of the missile.
i. Prithvi-II is a surface-to-surface SRBM, developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) of India under its Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMDP).
ii. The missile is a single-stage liquid-fueled missile that has a maximum warhead mounting capability of 500 kg, along with 250 km extended range and it can be launched from a mobile launcher and the missile can carry a weapon ranging from 500 to 1000 kg and is powered by a two-engine liquid propellant.
- Padma Awardee Gopi Chand Narang passed away recently (in June’22). He is the only ______ writer honoured by the presidents of both India and Pakistan.
5) BodoAnswer-3) Urdu
On 15th June 2022 a distinguished 91 year old Urdu scholar, an Indian theorist, and Linguist Professor Gopi Chand Narang passed away at Charlotte in North Carolina, United States. He was born in Dukki, present-day Balochistan, Pakistan and was Professor Emeritus at the University of Delhi and Jamia Millia Islamia.
i. Gopi Chand Narang has received the title of Padma Bhushan (2004) for Literature & Education and Padma Shri (1990) for Literature & Education in India. Sahitya Akademi then conferred its highest honour the Sahitya Akademi fellowship in 2009.
ii. In 2012 He was conferred with Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Star of Excellence) in Pakistan and he received the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1995.
iii. He is the only Urdu writer honoured by the presidents of both India and Pakistan.
- When was the United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR) 2022 observed across the globe?
1) 13th June 2022
2) 16th June 2022
3) 14th June 2022
4) 12th June 2022
5) 15th June 2022Answer-2) 16th June 2022
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR) 2022 was observed across the globe on 16th June 2022 to recognise more than 200 million migrant workers across the globe who send money home to more than 800 million family members.
i. International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR), a universally recognized observance adopted by the Governing Council of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) on 17 February 2015.
ii. According to the World Bank’s Migration and Development Brief “A war in a pandemic – Implications of the Ukraine crisis and COVID-19 on global governance of migration and remittance flows”, released in May 2022, the officially recorded remittance flows to low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) are expected to increase by 4.2% in 2022 to reach USD 630 billion.
- Which state government recently (in June ’22) signed a joint declaration with Israel on water cooperation?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) West Bengal
5) HaryanaAnswer-5) Haryana
The Government of Haryana and Israel have signed a joint declaration on integrated water resources management and capacity building.
i. This marks a significant event as India and Israel celebrate 30 years of diplomatic relations. Water security has been one of the most important pillars of the India-Israel relationship.’
ii. The joint declaration was signed by Ambassador Eynat Shlein, Israeli Ambassador to India and head of Mashav, Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation at Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Irrigation and Water Resources Department, Government of Haryana, India.