AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- India’s 1st natural gas trading platform “Indian Gas Exchange (IGX)” was launched by Dharmendra Pradhan recently. Where is the HQ of IGX located?
4) New Delhi
Answer-4) New Delhi
India’s first nationwide online delivery-based natural gas trading platform, “Indian Gas Exchange (IGX)” has been launched by Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan during an e-ceremony (virtual). It has been launched on the lines of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to provide clean, affordable, sustainable and equitable supply of energy to every citizen. Notably, IGX will work as a wholly owned subsidiary of the India Energy Exchange (IEX), which is India’s energy market platform. Headquarters of IGX located in New Delhi.
- EPFO has launched multi-location claim settlement facility recently. The EPFO functions under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
2) Ministry of Labour and Employment
3) Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
4) Ministry of Finance
5) Ministry of Home Affairs
Answer-2) Ministry of Labour and Employment
The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) under Ministry of Labour and Employment has launched Multi-location claim settlement facility. This new facility has replaced the old using system of geographical jurisdiction for claim process. On current pandemic crisis COVID 19, multi-location claim facility tends to improve service delivery and ensure social security for its more than 6 crore subscribers.
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) launched the ‘e-Office’ application developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) recently. CBIC functions under which department of finance ministry?
1) Department of Economic Affairs
2) Department of Expenditure
3) Department of Revenue
4) Department of Financial Services
5) Department of Investment and Public Asset Management
Answer-3) Department of Revenue
The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), Chairman M. Ajit Kumar launched the ‘e-Office’ application in over 500 CGST and customs offices across India, on 15th June at New Delhi. The e-Office is a Mission Mode Project(MMP) under the e-Governance of India. e-Office has been developed by the National Informatics Center(NIC), and supported by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG). CBIC functions under Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance.
- Which state/UT has signed 12 MoUs recently to attract the investment worth Rs 16,030 crores?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Jammu & Kashmir
Maharashtra signed 12 Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with 12 domestic and foreign companies for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) worth Rs 16,030 crores. It is a part of the Magnetic Maharashtra 2.0 initiative.
- Manipur government has inaugurated three projects undertaken by the State Public Health Engineering Department recently. Who is the CM of Manipur?
1) Hemant Soren
2) Neiphiu Rio
3) Pema Khandu
4) Sarbananda Sonowal
5) Biren Singh
Answer-5) Biren Singh
Manipur Chief Minister (CM) N. Biren Singh inaugurated three projects undertaken by the State Public Health Engineering Department (PHED) through Video Conferencing (VC) from the Chief Minister’s Secretariat Imphal.
- Which state has adopted ‘Flatted Factory Model’ to ensure the availability of industrial land?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-3) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Authority (UPSIDA) of the Government of Uttar Pradesh decided to adopt the scheme of Flatted Factory Model, to ensure the availability of industrial land which means that non-polluting industries can operate in Multistoried buildings.
- Which payments bank has launched ‘Suraksha Salary Account’ for MSMEs recently?
1) India Post Payments Bank
2) Jio Payments Bank
3) Fino Payments Bank
4) Paytm Payments Bank
5) Airtel Payments Bank
Answer-5) Airtel Payments Bank
Airtel Payments Bank launched ‘Suraksha Salary Account’ for the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs). The account will enable the MSMEs & other organisations to make cashless payments & provide financial security to their employees.
- Central government has infused capital of Rs 5,298 crore to which company/Organisation?
1) Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank)
2) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
3) National Housing Bank (NHB)
4) Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI)
5) India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL)
Answer-5) India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL)
India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited (IIFCL) announced the government infused equity share capital of Rs 5,297.60 crore in the company on March 30.
- The FOREX reserve of India crossed $________ for the 1st time as per RBI data (in June 2020).
1) 600 billion
2) 450 billion
3) 500 billion
4) 550 billion
5) 400 billion
Answer-3) 500 billion
In accordance with the weekly statistical data released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India’s foreign reserves crossed the $500 billion mark as the nation had forex reserves of $501.7 billion as of June 5, 2020 a rise of $8.22 billion in a week. India’s forex reserves comprise foreign currency assets (FCAs), gold reserves, special drawing rights (SDRs), and India’s reserve position with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Which company has appointed as auditor for the next three years for PM-CARES?
1) SARC & Associates
2) BDO International
3) Ernst & Young
4) RSM International
5) Price Waterhouse Coopers
Answer-1) SARC & Associates
The Trustees of the Prime Minister’s Citizens Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations (PM CARES) fund appointed SARC & Associates, New Delhi based Chartered Accountants as its auditors for the next three years.
- Mukhammedkalyi Abylgaziyev resigned from the post of Prime minister of Kyrgyzstan recently. What is the capital of Kyrgyzstan?
Kyrgyzstan’s Prime Minister Mukhammedkalyi Abylgaziyev (52) resigned, amid ongoing criminal investigation into whether the government illegally sold radio frequencies. He was appointed as prime minister by President Sooronbai Jeenbekov after succeeding Sapar Isakov in April 2018. Kyrgyzstan: Capital– Bishkek; Currency– Kyrgyzstani Som.
- Name the Indian NGO which has won the Biodiversity award 2020 presented by Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation.
1) Kutumb Foundation
2) Deccan Development Society
3) Self Employed Women’s Association
4) Sayfty social society
5) Socio Economic and Educational Development Society
Answer-2) Deccan Development Society
The Deccan Development Society (DDS), Hyderabad Based non-governmental organisation won the Biodiversity award 2020 and a grant of 40000 Euros (approx. Rs. 35 Lakhs) of the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation for the contribution of DDS women in rehabilitation of degraded lands and to promote biodiversity.
- What is India’s rank based on number of nuclear warheads present in a country, as per SIPRI Yearbook 2020 (US topped with 5800 nuclear warheads)?
In accordance with the “SIPRI Yearbook 2020-Armaments, Disarmament and International Security” of Swedish think tank, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), from 2019 there is an increase in the nuclear weapons stockpile of India and China. The number of nuclear warheads in the Indian arsenal pegged at 150 in comparison to the 2019 report (on the basis of 2018) when India had 130-140. Importantly, in April 2020, SIPRI had identified India as the 3rd largest military spender in the world, behind the United States (US) and China.Following table shows the number of warheads of top rankers (as of January 2020):
Rank Country Nuclear Warheads 1 US 5800* 2 Russia 6375 3 UK 215 6 India 150
- The New Delhi based Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of which among the following company by MacRitchie Investments Pte. Ltd?
1) 91Streets Media Technologies Private Limited
2) Ascent Health and Wellness Solutions Private Limited
3) API Holdings Private Limited
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition by MacRitchie Investments Pte.Ltd. (MacRitchie) in 91 Streets Media Technologies Private Limited(91Streets), Ascent Health and Wellness Solutions Private Limited (Ascent) and API Holdings Private Limited (API) under section 31(1) of the competition Act, 2002.
- The International Day of Family Remittances was observed every year on _______.
1) June 18
2) June 21
3) June 24
4) June 22
5) June 16
Answer-5) June 16
Every year on June 16 The International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR) is celebrated across the country. The day recognizes the migrants’ contributions (about 200 million migrants) to improve their family members (800 million) lives back home & to create a future of hope for their children.
- When was world wind day observed annually?
1) June 18
2) June 15
3) June 24
4) June 21
5) June 12
Answer-2) June 15
June 15th of every year is observed as Global Wind Day to discover, encourage and create awareness about the renewable natural form of energy and the advantages of the use of wind energy like, reducing emission, improving air quality and generating employment.
- The 500-year-old submerged temple was found under which river in Odisha recently?
1) Mahanadi River
2) Brahmani River
3) Baitarani River
4) Bhargavi River
5) Bahuda River
Answer-1) Mahanadi River
Deepak Kumar Nayak, Project Assistant of Indian National Trust for Art & Cultural Heritage (INTACH) with Rabindra Rana, heritage enthusiast of Odisha located the 500-year-old submerged temple in the Mahanadi river near Baideswar in Padmavati area, Cuttack, Odisha.
- ‘Schizothorax sikusirumensis’ which was discovered in Arunachal Pradesh recently is a variety of which species?
A new species of fish, ‘Schizothorax sikusirumensis’ discovered in Arunachal Pradesh by Dr. Keshav Kumar Jha, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Zoology, Jawaharlal Nehru College, Pasighat. The fish species is from genus Schizothorax.
- Name the portal which was launched by West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to help IT professionals.
2) Udyam Sakhi
3) Karmo Bhumi
4) Akshay Urja
Answer-3) Karmo Bhumi
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee launched Karmo Bhumi, a job portal to help Information Technology (IT) professionals who have lost their jobs after the outbreak of COVID-19 and returned to the state. The portal will enable them to get employment in the state.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Kanha National Park is located in which state?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-3) Madhya Pradesh
The Kanha National Park in Madhya Pradesh, which was shut since March-end due to COVID-19 outbreak, has reopened for tourists recently (June 2020).
- Which is the first airport in India to deploy a tech-enabled smart automatic irrigation system (SAIS)?
1) Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport
2) Kempegowda International Airport
3) Chandrapur Greenfield Airport
4) Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport
5) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
Answer-2) Kempegowda International Airport
A weather-based smart automatic irrigation system (SAIS), a tech-enabled process, has been deployed at Bangalore International Airport (BIAL) to manage its sprawling 100-acre landscape. The BIAL is the first airport in India to deploy a tech-enabled smart irrigation system. The first-of-its-kind system can be controlled from an app on a mobile phone. The SAIS irrigates plants based on the calculation of various parameters, including evapotranspiration (ET), soil moisture and weather conditions, said a press release issued by BIAL, the operator of Kempegowda International Airport.
- The first population estimation exercise of the Indian Gaur was carried out in Nilgiris forest division. Nilgiris is located in which state?
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Answer-5) Tamil Nadu
Recently, the first population estimation exercise of the Indian Gaur (Bison) was carried out in the Nilgiris Forest Division, Tamil Nadu. World Wide Fund for Nature India assisted the exercise and highlighted that there are estimated 2,000 Indian gaurs across the division.
- Keibul Lamjao National Park is located in which state?
The Keibul Lamjao National Park is a national park in the Bishnupur district of the state of Manipur in India. It is 40 km² in area, the only floating park in the world, located in North East India, and an integral part of Loktak Lake.
- Where is the HQ of International Criminal Court located?
US president Donald Trump authorized sanctions against International Criminal Court (ICC) officials involved in investigations into possible war crimes by US troops or those of its allies recently. The HQ of ICC located at Hague, Netherlands.
- Where is the HQ of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) located?
4) New York
The UN nuclear watchdog’s governing body began meeting on Monday as a row brews over Iran’s refusal to allow access to two sites where nuclear activity may have occurred in the past. The Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) expressed “serious concern” in a report earlier this month that Iran has been blocking inspections at the sites.