AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In July 2021, __________________ signed an agreement with Australia’s University of New South Wales to establish a ‘Centre for Advanced Transportation Technology and Systems (CATTS)’ at _________.
1) Indian Academy of Highway Engineers; New Delhi
2) Central Road Research Institute; New Delhi
3) Indian Academy of Highway Engineers; Gurugram
4) Central Road Research Institute; Gurugram
5) Indian Academy of Highway Engineers; NoidaAnswer-5) Indian Academy of Highway Engineers; Noida
Indian Academy of Highway Engineers (IAHE), under the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MORTH) signed an agreement with University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia for setting up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) i.e. ‘Centre for Advanced Transportation Technology and Systems (CATTS)’ at IAHE, Noida.
- Name the countries that virtually participated (in July’21) alongside India in the Trilateral Tabletop Exercise 2021 (TTX-2021) on Maritime Security
A) Maldives B) Indonesia
C) Sri Lanka D) Bangladesh
1) Both A & B
2) Both B & C
3) Both C & D
4) Both A & C
5) Both B & DAnswer-4) Both A & C
Defence Officials from India, Sri Lanka and the Maldives participated in a virtual Trilateral Tabletop Exercise 2021 (TTX-2021) on Maritime Security. TTX-2021 was organized by Maritime Warfare Centre, Mumbai from July 14-15, 2021.
About Sri Lanka
President – Gotabaya Rajapaksa
Capital – Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
President – Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Capital – Male
- Who Chaired the 2021’s BRICS Labour & Employment Ministers’ Meeting
1) Santosh Gangwar
2) Anurag Singh Thakur
3) Bhupender Yadav
4) Rameswar Teli
5) Parshottam RupalaAnswer-3) Bhupender Yadav
BRICS Labour & Employment Ministers’ (LEMM) Meeting was held under the India’s Presidency which was chaired by Union Minister Bhupender Yadav, Ministry of Labour and Employment.
i.During the meeting, discussion on 4 priority areas of cooperation – Promoting Social Security Agreements amongst BRICS Nations; Formalisation of Labour Markets; Participation of Women in the Labour Force; and Gig and Platform Workers: Role in the Labour Market.
- Name the Ministry that partnered with WHO & UNICEF to launch the COVID-19 vaccination campaign – ‘COVID Teeka Sang Surakshit Van, Dhan aur Uddyam’
1) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
3) Ministry of Women and Child Development
4) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
5) Ministry of CooperationAnswer-4) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Arjun Munda, the Tribal Affairs Minister, virtually launched the nationwide campaign named ‘COVID Teeka Sang Surakshit Van, Dhan aur Uddyam’ to increase the speed of COVID-19 vaccination among the tribal people in India. The campaign is launched in partnership with WHO and UNICEF.
- Identify the organisation that recently (in July’21) signed an MoU with Police Research and Development to make behavioural change in Police dealing with Gender Sensitive cases
1) Bharatiya Grameen Mahila Sangh
2) National Commission for Minorities
3) National Human Rights Commission
4) Central Vigilance Commission
5) National Commission for WomenAnswer-5) National Commission for Women
The National Commission for Women (NCW) signed an MoU with the Bureau of Police Research and Development for Gender Sensitisation of Police personnel across India. To bring changes in attitude & behaviour of police officers dealing with crimes against women.
Chairperson of NCW – Rekha Sharma
- ‘School Innovation Ambassador Training Program’ (SIATP) – a School Teachers training program was launched by which Ministry?
1) Ministry of Education
2) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
3) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 1 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
Education Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan, and Tribal Affairs Minister, Arjun Munda, jointly launched a training program for school teachers named ‘School Innovation Ambassador Training Program’ (SIATP).
i.The program is formed by the Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, CBSE & AICTE
- Which bank recently (in July’21) partnered with Visa to issue Credit Cards, following the restrictions issued by RBI on MasterCard?
1) RBL Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) CSB Bank
4) Federal Bank
5) Punjab National BankAnswer-1) RBL Bank
In July 2021, RBI issued restrictions on MasterCard from onboarding new customers.
Following this, RBL Bank, which has issued credit cards only on the Mastercard payment network, has now entered into an agreement with Visa Worldwide Pte Ltd to issue credit cards on Visa’s payment network.
- Which organisation was appointed by Coal India Ltd (in July’21) as a consultant to digitize 3 of its subsidiaries?
2) Tata Consultancy Services
5) CognizantAnswer-1) Accenture
Coal India Ltd(CIL), appointed Accenture as a consultant to enhance their performance through digitization of 3 mines of South Eastern Coalfields Limited(SECL) and 4 mines of Northern Coalfields Limited(NCL), subsidiaries of CIL.
CIL is Headquartered at Kolkata, West Bengal
- In July 2021, ____________, the host of 2nd edition of Khelo India University Games (KIUG) announced to conduct the event on ________________.
1) Assam; November 2021
2) Haryana; March 2022
3) Karnataka; March 2022
4) Haryana; November 2021
5) Karnataka; November 2021Answer-3) Karnataka; March 2022
Karnataka, the host of 2nd edition of Khelo India University Games (KIUG) announced that the 12-day long event will be conducted from 5th March 2022 in Bangalore.
i.A total of 18 sporting events will be conducted in KIUG, with the inclusion of 2 new indigenous games – Yogasana & Mallakhamb
- What does the acronym ‘MMID’ represent with respect to banking?
1) Money Market Identity
2) Mobile Management Identity
3) Money Manager & Identifier
4) Mobile Money Identifier
5) Mutual Mobility IdentifierAnswer-4) Mobile Money Identifier
Mobile Money Identifier (MMID) is a 7-digit number, issued by banks for effecting financial transactions through the user’s mobile phone. The user mobile number MMID’s are uniquely linked with his bank account number, and is one of the key inputs to facilitate fund transfer.