AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which country will hold the Presidency of the G20 from December 1, 2022, to November 30, 2023?
1) South Africa
5) FranceAnswer-4) India
India is all set to hold the Presidency of the G20 (Group of Twenty) from December 1, 2022 to November 30, 2023. In this regard, on February 15, 2022, the Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi approved the setting up of a G20 Secretariat and its reporting structures.
i. This Secretariat, functional till February 2024, will be responsible for the implementation of overall policy decisions and affairs needed for India’s G20 Presidency. India to host the 2023 G20 Summit in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Minister of External Affairs (MEA)Subrahmanyam Jaishankar visit to Australia and Philippines?
A) India’s EAM co-chaired the 1st India-Australia Foreign Ministers’ Cyber Framework Dialogue (FMCFD) 2022 with Marise Payne, Foreign Minister.
B) EAM participated in the 4th Japan- Australia-India-United States(US) (Quad) Foreign Ministers’ Meeting 2022 in Melbourne (Australia).
C) He also visited philippines and held a talks with his counterpart, teodoro l. locsin jr., secretary of foreign affairs of the philippines.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & B
4) Only A
5) Only BAnswer-1) All A, B & C
India’s EAM co-chaired the 1st India-Australia Foreign Ministers’ Cyber Framework Dialogue (FMCFD) 2022 with Marise Payne, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
i. He also co-chaired the 12th Foreign Ministers’ Framework Dialogue (FMFD) 2022 along Australian Foreign Minister.
ii. EAM participated in the 4th Japan- Australia-India-United States(US) (Quad) Foreign Ministers’ Meeting 2022 in Melbourne (Australia)
He also visited philippines and held a talks with his counterpart, teodoro l. locsin jr., secretary of foreign affairs of the philippines.
- The RBI recently (in Feb’22) extended the deadline for NBFC’s to comply with new Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) classification norms to __________.
1) July 2022
2) June 2022
3) April 2022
4) May 2022
5) September 2022Answer-5) September 2022
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the deadline for non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) to comply with new Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) classification norms (the norms are issued by RBI in November 2021) to September 2022 from the earlier deadline of March 2022.
- Name the Company that recently (in Feb’22) launched Mutual Fund (MF) investing mobile app called eInvest to help investors for easy investment.
1) IDFC Asset Management
2) Edelweiss Asset Management
3) Kotak Mahindra Asset Management
4) HDFC Asset Management
5) Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset ManagementAnswer-2) Edelweiss Asset Management
Edelweiss Asset Management launched Mutual Fund (MF) investing mobile application (app) eInvest to help investors for easy investment experience.
i. The eInvest app comes with an Insta Money feature. It is a mutual fund savings account with an instant withdrawal facility to the registered bank account.
About Edelweiss Asset Management Limited:
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO & Managing Director (MD) – Radhika Gupta
- Which bank recently (in Feb’22) signed an MoU with Assam Rifles to provide ‘Baroda Central Forces Salary Package (BCFSP) to all personnel of Assam Rifles?
1) Bank of Baroda
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Bank of India
4) Indian Bank
5) Bank of MaharashtraAnswer-1) Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda (BoB) had signed an MoU with Assam Rifles, the oldest paramilitary force, to provide the ‘Baroda Central Forces Salary Package (BCFSP)’ to all personnel of the Assam Rifles, both serving and retired.
i. It also offers special benefits like Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) and a co-branded credit card.
ii. PAI –In case of death, cover to the serving and retired Assam Rifles personnel between the age group of 18-70 years. For on-duty personnel, the cover will be Rs. 43.75 lakh and for off-duty personnel, Rs. 35 lakh.
iii. Disability – For total Disability, the cover will be Rs 35 lakh and for partial disability, it is Rs 17.5 lakh
- Which company recently (in Feb’22) invested in Zand, an upcoming digital bank in the UAE?
1) L & T Group
2) Aditya Birla Group
3) Bajaj Group
4) Tata Group
5) Adani GroupAnswer-2) Aditya Birla Group
The Aditya Birla Group has invested an undisclosed amount in Zand, an upcoming digital bank in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Following the launch, Zand will be the first digital bank to provide both retail and corporate services.
i. With this investment, Aditya Birla Group has joined the investors of Zand as shareholders in the bank.
- Which country recently (in Feb’22) launched long range ballistic Surface to Surface missile named ‘Khaibar Shekan’ (Khaibar buster)?
3) Saudi Arabia
5) IsraelAnswer-2) Iran
Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) of Iran revealed a new domestically-made long range ballistic Surface to Surface missile, ‘Khaibar Shekan’ (Khaibar buster) with a range of 1,450 kilometres (km)(900 Miles), a day after Tehran (Iran) and Washington (United States (US)) resumed indirect talks of a 2015 nuclear deal.
i. Iran, which has one of the biggest missile programmes in the Middle East, says its ballistic missiles have a range of up to 2,000 km (1,200 miles) and are capable of reaching its arch-foe Israel and U.S. bases in the region.
ii. This long-range missile is domestically manufactured by the Revolutionary Guards (IRGC)
- Name the Organization that recently (in Feb’22) launched the ‘Quit Tobacco App’ to help people quit tobacco use in all forms.
5) UNEPAnswer-3) WHO
The World Health Organization (WHO) launched the ‘Quit Tobacco App’ to help people quit tobacco use in all forms including smokeless and other related products.
i. It is a first-of-its-kind app which helps users identify the triggers, set their targets, manage cravings, and stay focused on quitting tobacco.
ii. The ‘WHO Quit Tobacco App’ is the first such initiative of the WHO.It was launched during WHO’s year-long ‘Commit to quit’ tobacco control campaign.
- In February 2022, SpaceX engineer Anna Menon & three other members were announced as the crew members for which space mission?
2) Polaris Dawn
5) Space ShuttleAnswer-2) Polaris Dawn
SpaceX engineer Anna Menon will be among the crew of a unique space mission announced by Jared Isaacman, who led the world’s first all-private space crew in ‘Inspiration4 mission’ into orbit in 2021.
i. The new mission is named Polaris Dawn which is targeted to launch in the fourth quarter of 2022 carrying 4 crew members from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
ii. Anna Menon will be Mission Specialist and Medical Officer and other three members are Jared Issaacman, Scott Poteet and Sarah Gillis.
- Who recently (in feb’22) got appointed as the “Chief Secretary(CS) of Maharashtra”?
1) Ajoy Mehta
2) Jairaj Pathak
3) Bhushan Gagrani
4) Debashish Chakravarty
5) Abha ShuklaAnswer-4) Debashish Chakravarty
Debashish Chakravarty has been given full charge as the Chief Secretary(CS) of Maharashtra.
i. He has been holding the charge as Acting Chief Secretary of Maharashtra since 30th November 2021.
ii. He will also hold the charge of the Additional Chief Secretary and Development Commissioner, Planning department.