AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- How much of investment amount needed for India to reach its target of 450 Gigawatts (GW) of Renewable Energy (RE) by 2030 according to report released by released by Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA)?
1.USD 100 Billion
2.USD 200 Billion
3.USD 300 Billion
4.USD 400 Billion
5.USD 500 Billion
Answer-5.USD 500 Billion
According to the report ‘Capital Flows Underpinning India’s Energy Transformation’ released by Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA), India needs an Investment of USD 500 Billion to reach its target of 450 Gigawatts (GW) of Renewable Energy (RE) by 2030. The report was authored by Tim Buckely, Director Energy Finance Studies & Saurabh Trivedi, Research Analyst.
- Where was the three-day Mandu Festival held from February 13-15, 2021?
On February 13-15, 2021, a three-day Mandu Festival was held at Mandu in Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh on the theme “Khojne mein Kho Jao (feel lost in discovering)”. It was inaugurated by state culture and tourism minister Usha Thakur.She also inaugurated Dino Adventure Park & Fossils Museum in Mandu and construction of Astro Park building at a cost of Rs 59 lakh.
- Who headed the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) formulated 8-member Expert Committee (EC) on Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs) on the lines of the “Statement on Developmental and Regulatory Policies” released on February 05, 2021?
1. N. S. Vishwanathan
2. Shri B.P. Kanungo
3. Dr. M. D. Patra
4. Dr. Urjit R. Patel
5. S. S. Mundra
Answer-1. N. S. Vishwanathan
On the lines of the “Statement on Developmental and Regulatory Policies” released with the Monetary Policy Statement on February 05, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) formulated an 8-member Expert Committee (EC) on Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs). The former Deputy Governor of RBI, N. S. Vishwanathan, is the chairman of the committee. The Committee is required to submit its report within three months.
- Name the financial body which signed Rs 100 crore(USD 13.7 million) debt financing agreement with Medanta, multi-specialty medical institute to provide essential health care services and medical equipment to India.
1.International Monetary Fund
2.New Development Bank
4.Asian Development Bank
Answer-4.Asian Development Bank
On February 15, 2021 The Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed Rs 100 crore(USD 13.7 million) debt financing agreement with Medanta to provide essential health care services and medical equipment to India.The main purpose is to Support COVID-19 response in India.The funding enhances the sovereign support of ADB to India, including a $1.5 billion loan approved in April 2020 to Combat COVID-19.
- As per the Nomura, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will grow at ______ in FY22 for the week ending February 14, 2021.
In accordance with Nomura, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will grow at 13.5% in FY22 as Nomura India Business Resumption Index (NIBRI) increased to 98.1 for the week ending February 14, 2021 from 95.9% in the preceding week.The real GDP to contract by 6.7% in FY21 and grow by 13.5% in FY22.Labour participation rate marginally decreased to 40.5% from 40.9% in the week before.
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala ,who was appointed as the 7th Director General of the World Trade Organisation(WTO) is from which country?
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala from Nigeria was appointed as the 7th Director General of the World Trade Organisation(WTO), multilateral trade body.She will hold the position from 1st March 2021 to 31st August 2025.She succeeds former Director-General Roberto Azevêdo who announced his retirement 1 year before the expiry of his tenure.With this appointment, Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala became the first woman and the first African to head the WTO.
- Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde Kyenge became the Prime Minister of which country?
1.Central African Republic
2.Democratic Republic of the Congo
4. Equatorial Guinea
5. São Tomé and Príncipe
Answer-2.Democratic Republic of the Congo
Felix Tshisekedi, President of Democratic Republic of the Congo named Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde Kyenge as the Prime Minister(PM) of the country. He belongs to the Future of Congo political party. He succeeds Sylvestre Ilunga Ilunkamba, who resigned on January 28, 2021 after a no-confidence vote in the parliament.
- Who launched ‘E-Chhawani’ Portal & Mobile app in New Delhi to provide online civic services to around 20 Lakh residents of 62 Cantonment Boards across India?
1. Ravi Shankar Prasad, Ministry of Communications
2. Amit Shah, Ministry of Home Affairs
3. Prakash Javadekar, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
4. Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence
5. Hardeep Singh Puri, Ministry of Civil Aviation
Answer-4. Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence
On February 16, 2021, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched ‘E-Chhawani’ Portal & Mobile app in New Delhi. It has been developed by eGov Foundation, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Director General Defence Estates (DGDE) & National Informatics Centre (NIC).‘E-Chhawani’ has been launched along the lines of Digital India & e-Governance.
Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat;Director General Defence Estates (DGDE), Deepa Bajwa were present during the event.
- What is the name of book authored by Award Winning Author Irwin Allan Sealy ?
1.RAJA RAJA CHOLA : Samartya
2.AKBAR : The Great Mughal
3. ASOCA: A Sutra
4. Emergence of Empire: Mauryan India
5. Shivaji and His Times
Answer-3. ASOCA: A Sutra
Award Winning Author Irwin Allan Sealy to pen a new book titled, ‘ASOCA: A Sutra’, a memoir of Ashoka The Great. The book is to be published by Penguin Random House‘s Viking imprint and will be released in July 2021.
Note: Penguin had published the 30th anniversary edition of his debut novel ‘The Trotter-Nama’.
- Mandagadde Rama Jois, the former governor of Bihar and Jharkhand passed away at the age of 89 in Bengaluru, Karnataka.Who was he?
On 16th February 2021, Justice Mandagadde Rama Jois, the former governor of Bihar and Jharkhand passed away at the age of 89 in Bengaluru, Karnataka. He was born on 27th July 1931 at Shimoga, Karnataka.M Rama Jois served as the Chief Justice of Punjab & Haryana High Court.