AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which state annually celebrates the 3-day long “Raja Praba” festival (in June) marking the arrival of monsoon season?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-3) Odisha
A 3-day long annual festival welcoming the agricultural year in Odisha namely ‘Raja Parba’ aka ‘Mithuna Sankranti’ is being celebrated in the state from June 14, 2021 to June 16, 2021. This celebration marks the end of summer season and the arrival of the monsoon making the soil ready for cultivation and productivity.
Chief Minister– Naveen Patnaik
Capital– Bhubaneswar (Temple City of India)
Governor– Ganeshi Lal
- In June 2021, the 44th Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council made temporary changes to GST rates of various items as COVID-19 relief till 30th September 2021
Identify the points that are correctly related to the GST Council’s outcome:
A) Tocilizumab and Amphotericin B drugs that are used in Treating Black Fungus are exempted from GST
B) GST rate on Vaccines & various medical items like – Ventilators, Covid Testing Kits, Hand Sanitizer etc were brought down to 5%
C) An 8-member Ministers committee headed by Himanta Biswa Sarma, was appointed to examine GST concession on Covid-19 essential
1) Only A & C
2) Only B
3) Only B & C
4) All A, B & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-5) Only A & B
The 44th Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council met virtually under the Chairship of Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. The Council has reduced the GST rates on the specified items that are being used in COVID-19 relief and management till September 30, 2021.
i.The drugs Tocilizumab and Amphotericin B, which are used to treat mucormycosis — black fungus is exempted from GST
ii.GST rate on Vaccines & various medical items like – Oxygen Concentrator, Ventilators, Covid Testing Kits, Hand Sanitizer etc were brought down to 5%
iii.An 8-member Ministers committee headed by Conrad Sangma, Chief Minister of Meghalaya, will examine GST concession on a range of Covid-19 essential
- Which organisation released the “Estimating the burden of foodborne diseases: A practical handbook for countries” handbook on foodborne illness?
1) Food & Agriculture Organization
3) Food Corporation of India
4) Confederation of Indian Industry
5) World Health OrganisationAnswer-5) World Health Organisation
To address the problem of foodborne illnesses worldwide, the World Health Organization (WHO) launched a handbook titled ‘Estimating the burden of foodborne diseases: A practical handbook for countries’
- ____________ virtually participated in the UN ‘High-Level Dialogue on Desertification, Land degradation and Drought (DDLD)’ and highlighted India’s target to restore 26 million hectares of degraded land by _______.
1) Nirmala Sitharaman; 2025
2) Prakash Javadekar; 2030
3) Narendra Modi; 2030
4) Prakash Javadekar; 2025
5) Narendra Modi; 2025Answer-3) Narendra Modi; 2030
Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually addressed the UN ‘High-Level Dialogue on Desertification, Land degradation and Drought (DDLD)’. He is the President of the 14th Session of the Conference of Parties of United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD).
Restoration of 26 million hectares of degraded land aimed by 2030 to achieve an additional carbon sink of 2.5 to 3 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent.
- India was ranked ______ in the World Giving Index 2021 released by Charities Aid Foundation, while the list was topped by _____________.
1) 14th; USA
2) 25th; UK
3) 18th; UK
4) 25th; USA
5) 14th; IndonesiaAnswer-5) 14th; Indonesia
The World Giving Index 2021 (WGI 2021) report released by Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) has ranked India as the 14th most charitable country in the world (with a score of 44%) out of 114 countries. Indonesia topped the Index followed by Kenya & Nigeria.
- To achieve net-zero emissions by 2050, World should increase clean energy investment to USD 1 Trillion by _______ as per the ‘Financing Clean Energy Transitions in Emerging and Developing Economies’ report released by _________
1) 2025; Organisation for Economic Co-operation & Development
2) 2030; International Energy Agency
3) 2030; International Renewable Energy Agency
4) 2025; Organisation for Economic Co-operation & Development
5) 2025; International Energy AgencyAnswer-2) 2030; International Energy Agency
According to the ‘Financing Clean Energy Transitions in Emerging and Developing Economies’ report released by International Energy Agency (IEA), The Annual Clean energy investment in emerging and developing economies needs to increase by more than seven times – from less than USD 150 billion in 2019 to more than USD 1 Trillion by 2030 to put the world on track to reach net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Where did External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar (in June’21) inaugurated the renovated Mahatma Gandhi Library?
1) University of Cape Town, South Africa
2) Kuwait University, Kuwait
3) Khalifa University, UAE
4) University of Nairobi, Kenya
5) Cairo University, EgyptAnswer-4) University of Nairobi, Kenya
India’s External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar paid a three-day visit to Kuwait from June 9 to 11, 2021 & Kenya from June 12 to 14, 2021.
i.It is Jaishankar’s 1st visit to Kuwait as EAM
India & Kuwait have signed an MoU to legally protect worker’s Indian workers in Kuwait
ii.EAM inaugurated the renovated Mahatma Gandhi Library at the University of Nairobi in Kenya.
- Who recently (in June’21) got appointed as an honorary member of WHO’s Global Air Pollution and Health-Technical Advisory Group?
1) Mukesh Sharma
2) Bhaskar Datta
3) Balram Bhargava
4) Abhijit Das
5) Adar PoonawallaAnswer-1) Mukesh Sharma
Mukesh Sharma, who is a professor at IIT Kanpur was appointed as honorary member of WHO’s (World Health Organization) Global Air Pollution and Health-Technical Advisory Group (GAPH-TAG).
- Name the Organisation that developed India’s 1st electricity free Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device “Jivan Vayu”
1) Central Drug Research Institute
3) IIT Ropar
4) IISc Bangalore
5) Institute of Microbial TechnologyAnswer-3) IIT Ropar
IIT Ropar developed a device named “Jivan Vayu”, India’s first Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device that can function without electricity. Jivan Vayu can be used as a substitute for the CPAP machine.
i.The device has an inbuilt viral filter of 99.99% viral efficacy at the air entrainment end. The viral filter ensures that the air does not bring in any pathogens from the environment.
- What is the theme of 2021’s World Elder Abuse Awareness Day that is annually observed by the United Nations on 15th June?
1) Legal, Social and Economic Services for Elderly
2) Access to Justice
3) Understand and End Financial Abuse of Older People
4) Moving from Awareness to Action
5) Lifting Up VoicesAnswer-2) Access to Justice
The United Nations World Elder Abuse Awareness Day(WEAAD) is annually observed across the globe on 15th June to create awareness about physical, mental, sexual, financial and social abuse faced by the elders.
Theme of 2021 is “Access to Justice”