AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 & 17 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In May 2021, the 8th installment of funds for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme was released.
Identify the points that are correctly related to PM_KISAN Scheme:
A) For the 1st time, farmers in West Bengal joined the PM-KISAN Scheme
B) PM-KISAN Scheme is a 100% centrally funded scheme launched in 2019 at Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
C) Rs. 9000/year will be credited to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries in tranches of 3-equal four monthly installments of Rs. 3000 each
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only BAnswer-4) Only A & B
Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the 8th installment of funds to beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme.
i.For the 1st time, farmers in West Bengal joined the PM-KISAN Scheme.
ii.PM-KISAN Scheme is a 100% centrally funded scheme launched in 2019 by PM Narendra Modi at Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
iii.An amount of INR 6000 per year is provided to eligible beneficiary farmer families in 3-equal four monthly installments of INR 2000 each.
- In May 2021, ______________ announced a Climate Change partnership with India, to assist India in achieving its targeted Renewable Energy generation of ___________ by 2030.
1) Finland, 650 GigaWatts
2) USA, 450 GigaWatts
3) Canada, 650 GigaWatts
4) Finland, 450 GigaWatts
5) USA, 650 GigaWattsAnswer-2) USA, 450 GigaWatts
The United States is set to partner with India on climate change, it will assist India to achieve its target of deploying 450 GigaWatts (GW) of Renewable Energy (RE) by 2030.
Globally, India is the 3rd CO2 emitter after China, USA.
- India accounted for 43 of the World’s 100 most environmentally riskiest cities as per the ‘Environmental Risk Outlook 2021’ released by Verisk Maplecroft.
Select the points that are correctly mentioned with respect to the report:
A) Delhi topped the list of environmentally risky cities, followed by Chennai
B) Main threat to the health of India’s urban population is Air pollution
C) Glasgow, Scotland is the only non-Asian city in the top 100, while Lima, Peru is the safest city in the world
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only BAnswer-5) Only B
According to the ‘Environmental Risk Outlook 2021’ released by Verisk Maplecroft, India has 43 of the World’s 100 most environmentally riskiest cities. Jakarta in Indonesia was ranked as the riskiest city in the world, followed by Delhi & Chennai (Tamil Nadu).
• 99 of the World’s 100 riskiest cities are in Asia (43 in India and 37 in China).
• Lima, Peru is the only non-Asian city to be listed in the World’s 100 Riskiest cities.
• Glasgow, Scotland was ranked as the safety city in the report.
i.According to the report, the main threat to the health of India’s urban population is Air pollution.
- Which organisation developed the National Digital Financial Infrastructure (NADI) with next-generation network infrastructure like 5G/Edge Cloud with SDN?
1) Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (DICGC)
2) Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
3) Reserve Bank Information Technology Private Limited (ReBIT)
4) Indian Financial Technology and Allied Services (IFTAS)
5) National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)Answer-2) Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
The Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT), an arm of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), is building a next-generation Digital Financial Infrastructure named National Digital Financial Infrastructure (NADI).
i.Its modern network infrastructure of 5G/Edge Cloud with SDNs (software-defined networking) for connecting to the critical data centre infrastructure at the back-end.
It was established by the RBI in March 1996
Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
- _____________ won the 2021’s Whitley Award for creating the “Biodiversity Peace Corridor” to protect _____________.
1) Vivek Menon, Amur Falcon
2) Vivek Menon, Great hornbill
3) Y Nuklu Phom, Great hornbill
4) Y Nuklu Phom, Amur Falcon
5) Ramana Athreya, Great hornbillAnswer-4) Y Nuklu Phom, Amur Falcon
Y Nuklu Phom, a church worker from Nagaland, won the Whitley Award 2021 for his efforts toward creating “Biodiversity Peace Corridor”, a network of community-owned forests in Nagaland and protecting the Amur Falcon. He is the only Indian to win the prestigious award.
The Whitley Award is also known as the ‘Green Oscar’.
- Jacinda Ardern, Prime Minister of ___________ topped the Fortune’s 2021 ‘World’s 50 Greatest Leaders’ list, while ____________ was the only Indian leader in the Top 10.
1) New Zealand, Balram Bhargava
2) Australia, Harsh Vardhan
3) New Zealand, Narendra Modi
4) Australia, Soumya Swaminathan
5) New Zealand, Adar PoonawallaAnswer-5) New Zealand, Adar Poonawalla
Fortune Magazine released its ‘World’s 50 Greatest Leaders’ list for 2021 which is topped by New Zealand(NZ) Prime Minister(PM) Jacinda Ardern. Serum Institute of India’s CEO Adar Poonawalla is on the 10th spot and he is the only Indian among the top 10 names on the list.
- What is the Objective of the ‘Defence National OPD’ service that is launched in e-Sanjeevani Portal?
1) Free Covid-19 vaccines to Defence personnels
2) Online registration to get vaccinated
3) Free online medical consultations
4) Outpatient Service for Ex-Defence officers
5) Free health insurance for Indian citizensAnswer-3) Free online medical consultations
‘Defence National OPD’ was launched in e-Sanjeevani Portal. Earlier, ‘Defence National OPD’ was launched as ‘Ex-Defence OPD’ on 07 May 2021 in a phased manner in 3 States (Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand).
Objective – It facilitates free online medical consultation to all citizens of India, as well as provides for online prescription of medicines.
- China became the 2nd country after the USA to land a rover on Mars, using its Tianwen 1 spacecraft. Name the Chinese Mars rover.
5) CuriosityAnswer-1) Zhurong
Chinese Spacecraft Tianwen 1 carrying the rover Zhurong successfully landed on Utopia Planitia region of Mars. This makes China only the second country after the US to send a rover to the surface of the Red Planet.
- Which aerospace company announced to launch its 1st space Tourism flight in July 2021?
3) Blue Origin
4) Virgin Galactic
5) Lockheed MartinAnswer-3) Blue Origin
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos’s rocket company, Blue Origin, announced the first flight that aboard its New Shepard rocket, and crew capsule which is designed to carry up to 6 tourists per flight, beyond an invisible line, known as the Karman line, which separates Earth from space.
- What is the theme of 2021’s International Day of Families that is annually observed on 15th May?
1) Families in Development: Copenhagen & Beijing+25
2) Families and New Technologies
3) Families, education and well-being
4) Families and Climate Action: Focus on SDG 13
5) Families and inclusive societiesAnswer-2) Families and New Technologies
The International Day of Families is annually observed across the globe on 15th May to promote the awareness of the issues related to families and to educate the social, economic and demographic processes affecting families.
Theme of 2021 – “Families and New Technologies”