AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 & 17 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 16 & 17 January 2022
- Which of the following points are Correct with respect to the “India State of Forest Report (ISFR) 2021” released by Forest Survey of India (FSI) in January 2022?
A) The forest & tree cover in India has risen by 2,261 sq km in 2 years when compared to 2019.
B) Madhya Pradesh witnessed the largest increase in Forest cover, while in the total Area-wise Forest Cover, Andhra Pradesh has the largest.
C) In terms of Forest cover as percentage of total Geographical Area – Mizoram tops the lists followed by Arunachal Pradesh.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & CAnswer-5) Only A & C
i. The forest & tree cover in India has risen by 2,261 sq km in 2 years when compared to 2019.
ii. Andhra Pradesh witnessed the largest increase in Forest cover, while in the total Area-wise Forest Cover, Madhya Pradesh has the largest.
iii. In terms of forest cover as percentage of total geographical area Mizoram tops the lists followed by Arunachal Pradesh.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the 17th Edition of ‘Global Risks Report 2022’?
A) The 17th Edition of Global Risks Report 2022 was released by the World Health Organization.
B) Developing economies will have fallen 3.5 % below their pre-pandemic expected GDP growth by 2024.
C) Youth disillusionment, digital inequality, Fracture of interstate relations, Debt crises in large economies & Failure of technology governance are the top 5 risks for India.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & CAnswer- 5) Only A & C
The World Economic Forum (WEF) released the report titled “The 17th Global Risks Report 2022, prepared in partnership with Marsh McLennan, SK Group and Zurich Insurance Group.
i. Developing economies (excluding China) will have fallen 5.5% below their pre-pandemic expected GDP growth By 2024, while advanced economies will have surpassed it by 0.9%—widening the global income gap. The global economy was expected to be 2.3% smaller by 2024.
ii. Youth disillusionment, digital inequality, Fracture of interstate relations, Debt crises in large economies & Failure of technology governance are the top 5 risks for India.
- Which of the following companies recently (in Jan’22) signed an MoU with India INX to launch the first Bitcoin and Ethereum Futures exchange traded funds (ETFs) at GIFT City?
1) Torus Kling Blockchain
2) Kling Trading India
3) Angel One Limited
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
The Torus Kling Blockchain IFSC and Kling Trading India signed a MoU with India INX to launch the first Bitcoin and Ethereum Futures exchange traded funds (ETFs) in India.
i. These funds will become India’s first crypto backed futures outside of the United States (US).
ii. Under the agreement, Torus Kling Blockchain IFSC also launched Metaverse US-listed large-cap discount certificates.
iii. The ETF futures will be launched under a sandbox construct of the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA).
- Which Bank recently (in Jan’22) partnered with Marwadi Financial Services to offer 3-in-1 Savings Account to Customers?
1) India Post Payments Bank
2) NSDL Payments Bank
3) Jio Payments Bank
4) Fino Payments Bank
5) Airtel Payments BankAnswer-2) NSDL Payments Bank
Marwadi Financial Services has joined hands with NSDL Payments Bank to offer 3-in-1 savings bank accounts with features of savings, demat (Dematerialised Account) and trading accounts to boost its customer experience.
i. This partnership will also allow NSDL Payments Bank to access Marwadi’s clients and expand its customer base.
- Which of the following country recently (in Jan’22) launched Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiations with India?
1) Sri Lanka
2) United Kingdom
5) United StatesAnswer-2) United Kingdom
The government of the United Kingdom (UK) launched free trade agreement (FTA) negotiations with India. This negotiation was described as a “golden opportunity” to put British businesses at the “front of the queue” of the Indian economy.
i. Under the negotiations, the UK wants an agreement to remove barriers and to cut tariffs on exports of British-made cars and Scotch whisky. The first round of negotiations was agreed to begin on 17 January 2022.
ii. It boosts bilateral trade by up to GBP 28 billion a year by 2035 and increases wages by up to GBP 3 billion across the UK.
- Name the Actress who recently (in Jan’22) received the 12th Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Award 2022 for her performance in Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
1) Ahsaas Channa
2) Harshaali Malhotra
3) Zaira Wasim
4) Meher Vij
5) Naisha KhannaAnswer-2) Harshaali Malhotra
Hindi actress Harshaali Malhotra has been honoured with the 12th Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Award 2022 for her performance as Munni, a mute girl from Pakistan, in the 2015 film Bajrangi Bhaijaan starring Salman Khan.
i. She received the award from Bhagat Singh Koshyari, Governor of Maharashtra during the 12th Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Awards 2022 ceremony organized in the memory of Dr Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar, on the occasion of the upcoming 73rd Republic Day.
ii. Managing Director of Kedia Securities Dr. Vijay Kedia also received the Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Awards 2022.
- In January 2022, Indian Olympic Association (IOA) was appointed __________ as India’s Chef de Mission for Commonwealth Games 2022 & _______ as India’s Chef de Mission for Asian Games 2022.
1) Rakesh Anand; Sandip Pradhan
2) Bhupender Singh Bajwa; Rakesh Anand
3) Rakesh Anand; Bhupender Singh Bajwa
4) Bhupender Singh Bajwa; Sandip Pradhan
5) Rakesh Anand; Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore.Answer-3) Rakesh Anand; Bhupender Singh Bajwa
Indian Olympic Association (IOA) announced the appointment of Rakesh Anand as India’s Chef de Mission for Commonwealth Games 2022 (CWG 2022) and Bhupender Singh Bajwa was appointed as India’s Chef de Mission for Asian Games 2022.
i. The CWG 2022 games will be organized in Birmingham, United Kingdom (UK) from July 28 to August 8, 2022 and Asian Games 2022 will be organized in Hangzhou, China from September 10 to 25, 2022.
ii. Rakesh Anand is IOA senior vice-president ; Bhupender Singh Bajwa is President of the Wushu Association of India.
- Which country recently (in Jan’22) launched its 1st Maritime Domain Awareness Satellite (MDASat) constellation from Cape Canaveral, United States?
1) South Korea
2) South Africa
5) ChinaAnswer-2) South Africa
South Africa launched the indigenously developed first Maritime Domain Awareness Satellite (MDASat) constellation from Cape Canaveral in the United States (US) as part of SpaceXs Transporter-3 mission.
i. The Maritime Domain Awareness Satellite (MDASat) constellation consists of three nanosatellites and is funded by the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) of the country.
ii. The full MDASat constellation consists of nine cube satellites.
- Toshiki Kaifu passed away recently in January 2022. He is the Former Prime Minister (PM) of which Country?
3) South Korea
5) BangladeshAnswer-1) Japan
The former PM of Japan, Toshiki Kaifu passed away at the age of 91 years in Japan. He served as the PM from 1989 to 1991.
i. He is known for sending the Maritime Self-Defense Force to the Persian Gulf in 1991.
- The 6th Armed Forces Veterans Day is observed across India on ___________.
1) 16th January 2022
2) 14th January 2022
3) 12th January 2022
4) 15th January 2022
5) 13th January 2022Answer-2) 14th January 2022
The 6th Armed Forces Veterans Day was observed on 14th January 2022 to recognize the sacrifice of our veterans in serving the nation.
i. It was called Armistice Day when initiated in 2017.
ii. The day honors the services rendered by Field Marshal Kodandera Madappa Cariappa OBE, the first Indian Commander-in-Chief (C-in-C) of the Indian Armed Forces.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification