AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 & 17 August 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Atal Innovation Mission of NITI Aayog in collaboration with which organization has launched ATL AI step up module for school students?
1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
2) Electronic Component Industries Association (ELCINA)
3) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
4) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
5) Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
Answer-3) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission(AIM) in collaboration with National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM) has launched Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) Artificial Intelligence (AI) Step-up module (ATL AI Step Up Module) through ‘ATL AI Modules’ for school students to empower youngest minds and drive innovations in the country to the next level.
- Name the world group which has launched project Nirmanshree for enhancing the women skill towards housing construction sector (project will be implemented in Odisha & Maharashtra)?
1) South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
2) Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
3) European Union (EU)
4) Group of 20 (G20)
5) Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
Answer-3) European Union (EU)
European Union has launched project ’Nirmanshree’ for enhancing the women skill towards housing construction sector. This is the first-of-its-kind sustainable housing on a large scale in India with 1-million-euro. The project will be implemented in Beed and Osmanabad districts of Maharashtra and the Dhenkanal and Jajpur districts of Odisha. A non-profit organization, Habitat for Humanity India has also join hands with EU for funding this project.
- NITI Aayog has selected which company to help it to modernize IT infra for Aspirational Districts programme?
NITI Aayog has engaged Oracle to help it modernize vital IT infrastructure underpinning the Aspirational Districts Programme. A key project of the Indian Government, its purpose is to help improve the quality of life of citizens in 112 of India’s most backward districts, constituting 28 percent of India’s population of nearly 1.4 billion.
- The Lok Sabha has started a beginner-level course in which language recently?
Lok Sabha has started a beginner-level course in French for the officials and staff of the Lok Sabha Secretariat at the Parliament House. As many as 57 officials registered for the course.
- ‘Mukti Caravan’ is the campaign of which foundation?
1) Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation
2) Smile Foundation
3) Save The Child Foundation
4) Snehalaya Foundation
5) Make A Difference Foundation
Answer-1) Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation
A campaign against child trafficking was launched in Bihar by the foundation of child rights activist and Nobel laureate, Kailash Satyarthi. The foundation claimed that the state was among the worst affected by the migrant crisis when lockdown was first announced. ‘Mukti Caravan’, a campaign. which has been running in various parts of the country for many years, was launched digitally in Bihar over a webinar hosted by Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (KSCF).
- How much was the amount that was approved as dividend to central government by Reserve Bank of India?
1) Rs 45,842 crore
2) Rs 78,541 crore
3) Rs 57,128 crore
4) Rs 75,142 crore
5) Rs 55,248 crore
Answer-3) Rs 57,128 crore
The 584th meeting of the Central Board of Reserve of Board(RBI) under the Chairmanship of Governor Shaktikanta Das approved the transfer of Rs 57,128 crore in surplus as dividend to the Central government for the accounting year 2019-20. The board decided to maintain the Contingency Risk Buffer at 5.5%.
- Who has become the 1st ever national brand ambassador of Aligarh Municipal Corporation?
1) Shahzan Mujeeb
2) Sunny Hindustani
3) Rohit Raut
4) Adriz Ghosh
5) Ankona Mukherjee
Answer-1) Shahzan Mujeeb
Indian Idol Season11 Finalist and Oscar Nominated Playback Singer Shahzan Mujeeb became First Ever National Brand Ambassador of Aligarh Municipal Corporation for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Campaign at National and International level. He is also a Music Composer and Music Director. His film Gera won the National Award for Best Gujarati Film.
- Which institute along with ISRO developed a sustainable process for making brick-like structures named “Space Bricks” on the surface of the moon?
1) Indian Institute of Technology Indore
2) Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru
3) Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
4) Indian Institute of Technology Ropar
5) Indian Institute of Astrophysics Bengaluru
Answer-2) Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru
Team of researchers of Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru, Karnataka and Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) developed a sustainable process for making brick-like structures named “Space Bricks” on the surface of the moon. The process uses the lunar soil, bacteria and guar beans to make the space brick. The process uses the Urea – sourced from human urine and lunar soil as the raw materials for the construction on the lunar surface which reduces the overall expenditure.
- National Stock Exchange of India and which institute have jointly developed and launched Platform for Investor Education (PIE)?
1) Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
2) Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
3) Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
4) Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
5) Indian Institute of Management Indore
Answer-2) Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) Investor Protection Fund Trust (NSE IPFT) and Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) have jointly developed and launched Platform for Investor Education (PIE), an online investor education resource centre. The PIE was launched in a virtual meet attended by Mr. Nagendraa Parakh, Executive Director of SEBI, Mr. Vikram Limaye MD & CEO of NSE and Professor Rishikesha T Krishnan, Director of IIM Bangalore.
- ISRO’s Chandrayaan-2 has captured images of the Moon by Terrain Mapping Camera – 2 (TMC-2). One of the moon’s craters was named after whom?
1) Madhavan Chandradathan
2) Roddam Narasimha
3) APJ Abdul Kalam
4) K. Radhakrishnan
5) Vikram Sarabhai
Answer-5) Vikram Sarabhai
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) announced that Chandrayaan-2 has captured images of the Moon by Terrain Mapping Camera – 2 (TMC-2) and named one of the craters as ‘Sarabhai Crater’ after Indian Astrophysicist Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai who is regarded as the Father of Indian Space program so as to celebrate his birth centenary. Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai’s 100th birth century was observed on 12th of August, 2020.
- Who authored the book titled “A Bend in Time: Writings by Children on the Covid-19 pandemic”?
1) Kritika Pandey
2) Bijal Vachharajani
3) Avni Doshi
4) Rudyard Kipling
5) Jim Corbett
Answer-2) Bijal Vachharajani
A book titled “A Bend in Time: Writings by Children on the COVID 19 Pandemic” was released in July 2020, the introduction of which is written by award-winning children’s author Bijal Vachharajani. The book is published by Talking Cub (children’s imprint of Speaking Tiger). Bijal Vachharajani is the winner of the AutHer Children’s Book Award 2020 and also named in the Parag Honour List 2020 of TATA Groups.
- Find the organisation which launched “Ek India Team India” campaign on the occasion of India’s Independence day 2020?
1) Athletics Federation of India
2) Board of Control for Cricket in India
3) Indian Olympic Association
4) Equestrian Federation of India
5) Bandy Federation of India
Answer-3) Indian Olympic Association
On the occasion of 74th Independence Day the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) launched the digital campaign “Ek India Team India” as a part of the adaptation of the new identity and logo of IOA, marking its 100 years of participation in Olympic games.
- Which edition of Independence day of India was celebrated on August 15, 2020?
Indians all around the world celebrate the 74th Independence Day on 15th August 2020, to mark the independence of India from rule of British Raj on 15th August 1947. This day is celebrated to remember the sacrifice of the freedom fighters and to pay tribute to the personnels of the Armed forces, paramilitary and police forces for ensuring national safety. Narendra Modi, The Prime Minister of India, addresses the nations following the flag hoisting ceremony at the ramparts of Red Fort in Delhi.
- Name the organization which organized the 1st of its kind online patriotic film festival recently?
1) Indian Film Production Corporation
2) National Film Development Corporation
3) National Corporation for Film
4) National Film Production Corporation
5) None of the Above
Answer-2) National Film Development Corporation
The National Film Development Corporation organised the first of its kind online patriotic film festival which began on 7th August 2020 and runs till 21st August 2020. The film festival showcases the high quality independence day themed patriotic films on the website: www.cinemasofindia.com. The movie Gandhi by Sir Richard Attenborough is made accessible for the people with vision and hearing impairment.
- Name the indigenisation portal of Department of Defence Production (DDP) which was launched by Defence minister Rajnath Singh recently.
5) None of the Above
On the final day of Atma Nirbhar Week celebration between August 7-14, 2020 of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and to boost Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan (self-reliant India movement), Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh virtually launched Department of Defence Production (DDP) portal SRIJAN as a part of “opportunities for Make in India in Defence”. This portal provides information about defence equipment and items which are being imported currently or are going to be imported by the Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs)/Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)/ Service Headquarters (SHQs) so that they can be taken up for indigenisation by Indian companies that can design, develop and manufacture as per their capability or through joint venture with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Khutaghat Dam was located in which state?
Indian Air Force (IAF) personnel on August 17, 2020 rescued a man, who was stranded at Khutaghat Dam due to heavy flow of water, near Chhattisgarh’s Bilaspur district.
- Sarkhej Roza monument which is in news recently is located in which state/UT?
In a development that came as a surprise for many local history aficionados and philatelists, the historic Sarkhej Roza monument (Ahmedabad, Gujarat) found a place in the five-stamp set released by India Post on the occasion of 74th Independence Day. The set themed ‘Unesco World Heritage Sites in India-III,’ also has the Church of Bom Jesus in Goa, monuments at Pattadakal, Javeri temple at Khajuraho and Qutb Minar.
- Where is the HQ of European Union located?
The headquarters of European Union is located at Brussels, Belgium.
- Who heads the committee constituted for considering guidelines for transfer of central bank’s surplus funds to government?
1) SS Mundra
2) Usha Thorat
3) Bimal Jalan
4) Tapan Ray
5) None of the Above
Answer-3) Bimal Jalan
Bimal Jalan Committee had recommended that interim dividend must be paid to the government only in exceptional circumstances, RBI did not pay any interim dividend to the government for the year ended June 2020.
- Who is the MD&CEO of National Stock Exchange of India?
1) Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
2) Vikram Limaye
3) Dinesh Kanabar
4) Naved Masood
5) Shaktikanta Das
Answer-2) Vikram Limaye
Vikram Limaye is the present MD&CEO of National Stock Exchange of India.