AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 15 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In May 2021, the 1st residential project constructed under the SWAMIH Fund was completed.
Identify the points that are correct with respect to the SWAMIH fund:
A) Special Window for Affordable and Mid-Income Housing (SWAMIH) fund provides loans to stalled housing projects due to lack of funding
B) SWAMIH is a INR 25, 000 Crore fund having 14 investors, with the Government of India holding 50% in the fund
C) Criteria – Carpet area of the house shall not exceed 1000 square feet
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only A & B
Answer-5) Only A & B
Union Minister for Finance Nirmala Sitharaman has stated that the Real Estate Fund – ‘Special Window for Affordable and Mid-Income Housing (SWAMIH) Investment Fund I’ will benefit 1.16 lakh home loan borrowers, whose housing projects were stalled due to funding issues.
i.On May 13, 2021, SWAMIH Fund Completed its 1st Residential Project – ‘Rivali Park Wintergreens’ is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
ii.SWAMIH is a INR 25, 000 Crore fund having 14 investors, with the Government of India holding 50% in the fund.
iii.Criteria – Houses which don’t exceed 200 square metre of carpet area.
Note – 100% FDI in Real Estate Sector in India.
- In May 2021, the Environment Ministry recommended the ‘Great Nicobar Plan’ for grant of Terms & References of the Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) studies.
What are the points that are correctly related to the “Great Nicobar Plan”?
A) The ‘Great Nicobar Plan’ was proposed by the 15th Finance Commission
B) It was estimated with an outlay of Rs. 75,000 crores for development of Great Nicobar
C) Galathea Bay in Great Nicobar is an iconic site for the nesting of Giant Leatherback turtles
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only A & B
Answer- 2) Only B & C
The Environment Appraisal Committee (EAC) – Infrastructure I of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has recommended NITI Aayog’s project ‘Great Nicobar Plan’ for “grant of Terms of Reference (TOR)” for Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) studies.
i.NITI Aayog proposed INR 75, 000 Crores for development of Greater Nicobar, including International container transshipment terminal (at Galathea Bay), a greenfield international airport, and a power plant.
ii.Galathea Bay is the site of the proposed port by the NITI Aayog is an iconic site for the nesting of Giant Leatherback turtles in Greater Nicobar.
- Name the Payment Bank that partnered with the digital gold provider “SafeGold” to launch “DigiGold”, a platform to invest in 24K gold
1) Jio Payments Bank
2) Airtel Payment Bank
3) Paytm Payment Bank
4) Fino Payment Bank
5) Indian Post Payment Bank
Answer-2) Airtel Payment Bank
Airtel Payments Bank in partnership with SafeGold, a digital gold provider, launched a digital platform called ‘DigiGold’ – for its customers to make an investment in gold.
i.Under this, Airtel Payments Bank’s saving account customers are enabled to invest in 24K gold using the Airtel Thanks app.
- Identify the company that partnered (in May’21) with Japan’s SoftBank group to promote its satellite communication service in Japanese market.
4) Bharti Airtel
Answer- 3) OneWeb
OneWeb (a venture backed by Sunil Mittal) has signed a Cooperative agreement with SoftBank Group Corp, a Japanese multinational holding company to promote its satellite communication services in the Global and Japan markets.
- In May 2021, Two World records were created from Mount Everest, when ____________ climbed the mountain in the shortest span of 4-days & Kami Rita Sherpa broke his own record with his _____ climb on Everest.
1) Anshu Jamsenpa, 35th
2) Mingma Tenji Sherpa, 25th
3) Anshu Jamsenpa, 25th
4) Mingma Tenji Sherpa, 30th
5) Anshu Jamsenpa, 30th
Answer-2) Mingma Tenji Sherpa, 25th
Nepali mountain guide, Mingma Tenji Sherpa, created a world record by climbing 8848.86-meter-high Mount Everest(world’s highest peak) twice in the shortest span of just four days.
i.On May 8, Nepali mountain guide Kami Rita Sherpa broke his own record of the most ascents of the world’s highest peak for the 25th time.
- Which company made an agreement (in May’21) to acquire IndiaBulls Mutual Fund & Asset Management Company for Rs. 175 crores?
3) HDFC Securities
5) Angel Broking
Groww, an online investment platform, operated by Nextbillion Technology Pvt. Ltd made an agreement with Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd (IBHFL) to acquire the mutual fund(MF) business of its subsidiaries Indiabulls Asset Management Company Ltd (IAMCL) and Trustee Company of IAMCL, for Rs 175 crore.
Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka
Co-founder & CEO – Lalit Keshre
- NITI Aayog launched ___________ portal for real-time monitoring of Foreign aids for COVID-19 received by India, while __________ is financially responsible for all consignments received.
1) GARUD, Indian Red Cross Society
2) CovAid, CARE India
3) CovAid, Indian Red Cross Society
4) GARUD, Greenpeace India
5) CoWIN, CARE India
Answer-3) CovAid, Indian Red Cross Society
NITI Aayog has set up the CovAid portal, a dedicated platform to monitor all the COVID-19 aid received by India from Foreign countries.
Indian Red Cross Society is financially responsible for all the consignments of donations from foreign countries which are received through the mission.
- Which country will host the 2022 Women’s Rugby World Cup?
5) New Zealand
Answer-5) New Zealand
World Rugby announced that New Zealand is set to host the Women’s Rugby World Cup from 8th October 2022 to 12th November 2022.
- Which is the 1st Indian state to join the Global COVAX Alliance?
4) Tamil Nadu
Punjab is set to become the 1st Indian state to join the Global COVAX (COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access) Alliance. Joining the Alliance will help Punjab to address the Anti-Covid-19 vaccine shortage & to procure vaccines at the best price.
i.COVAX is a global initiative co-led by Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), GAVI Alliance, WHO and key delivery partner UNICEF.
ii.Punjab Cabinet has approved the ‘Punjab Prison Rules, 2021’, to set new rules that emphasis on safety, security & welfare of prisoners.
- Which state/UT recently (in May’21) became ‘Har Ghar Jal’ under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) with 100% piped water connections in the rural area?
2) New Delhi
Puducherry has become ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Union Territory(UT) by achieving the target of 100% piped water connection in rural areas under the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM). For this JJM has set the target year as 2024. With this, Puducherry becomes 2nd ‘Har Ghar Jal UT and the 4th State/UT after Goa, Telangana and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.