AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 15 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Cabinet has approved to increase the Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR)for government employee from 17% to ____%.
With effect from 01.01.2020, Union Cabinet has approved to release an additional instalment of Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) for central government employees. This resulted in 4% hike in the Basic Pay/Pension to 21% from the existing rate of 17%. The decision has been taken on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission and in respect to price rise.
- The Cabinet has approved the proposal for the construction of 780 Km of green highways at the cost of Rs. 7660 Cr in which among the following states?
1) Himachal Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) All of the Above
Answer-5) All of the Above
The Centre government has given its approval for the construction of 780 km of green highways at a cost of Rs 7,660 crore. The project aims to rehabilitation and upgradation of various National Highways (NHs) covering a total length of over 780 km in four states of Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and Andhra Pradesh.
- The Cabinet approves the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for which among the following Crop for the 2020 Season.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given its approval for the Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) for copra for 2020 season on the on recommendations of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP). Importantly, India is number one in production and productivity of Copra in the World.The National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED) and National Cooperative Consumer Federation of India Limited (NCCF) will continue to act as Central Nodal Agencies to undertake price support operations at the MSP in the coconut growing states.
- Which among the following Central Railway station has been named after Nana Shakarsheth (in March 2020).
1) Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station
2) Kanpur Central Railway Station
3) Mumbai Central Railway Station
4) Mangalore Central railway station
5) Chennai Central Railway Station
Answer-3) Mumbai Central Railway Station
The Maharashtra Government has approved to rename the Mumbai Central Station as Nana Shankarsheth Mumbai Central Railway Station.The Station name has been renamed after Nana Shankarsheth because of his involvement in the formation of Indian Railway association and the one to bring railways to our country India.
- Name the Indian state which is going to build 33 new stadiums across the state under Uttaran Scheme.
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) West Bengal
The Assam Government plans to construct 33 stadiums across the state under the Uttaran Scheme, 300 crores will be provided to construct these stadiums announced by Principal Secretary of Sports Avinash Joshi and Joint Director Kamaljit and 500 playgrounds are being built to encourage rural talents.
- As per the Government of India’s data, the amount spent under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, (MNREGA) in 2017-2020 is/are Rs. _______.
1) 1.83 Lakh Crore
2) 1.56 Lakh Crore
3) 1.74 Lakh Crore
4) 1.69 Lakh Crore
5) 1.97 Lakh Crore
Answer-1) 1.83 Lakh Crore
The Government of India states that Rs 1.83 lakh crore is spent under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, (MNREGA) in 2017-2020 which is nearly double the amount of Rs 92,483 crore spent in 2011-14. As on 9th March 2020, 526.97 lakh families have been provided employment, against 603.81 lakh families seeking employment under the scheme.
MNREGA – enacted on August 25, 2005. It provides legal guarantee of 100 days of employment in every financial year.
- The Cabinet has approved the “Yes Bank Ltd. Reconstruction Scheme, 2020” proposed by RBI for yes bank, which among the following bank will lead the proposed bank?
1) ICICI Bank
2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) State Bank of India
Answer-5) State Bank of India
The Cabinet approved the reconstruction scheme proposed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) titled “Yes Bank Ltd. Reconstruction Scheme, 2020” for Yes Bank that will be led by State Bank of India (will hold 45% of stake). Other participants in the plan include HDFC Ltd &ICICI (will hold 6% of stake each), Axis Bank (3-4% of stake), Kotak Mahindra Bank, RK Damani, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and the Azim Premji Trust (around 3% each).
- RBI has framed the regulatory guidance on Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS) to be applicable on implementing NBFCs & ARCs for preparation of their financial statement (FS) from financial year 2019-20. As per guidelines NBFCs covered under which rule of companies rules, 2015 are required to comply with Ind AS for preparation of FS.
1) Rule 6
2) Rule 10
3) Rule 2
4) Rule 4
5) Rule 8
Answer-4) Rule 4
The RBI has framed regulatory guidance on Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS) to be applicable on Ind AS implementing Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) and Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs) for preparation of their financial statements (FS) from financial year (FY) 2019-20 onwards. The guidance has been framed to promote a high quality, consistent implementation, and better supervision of FS.As per the guidance, all Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) covered by Rule 4 of the Companies (Indian Accounting Standards) Rules, 2015 are required to comply with Ind AS for the preparation of their FS.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the MD&CEO of Yes Bank (March 2020).
1) Prashant Kumar
2) Sunil Mehta
3) Mahesh Krishnamurty
5) Rana Kapoor
Answer-1) Prashant Kumar
Government appointed former Chief Financial Officer & deputy Managing Director(MD) of SBI Prashant Kumar as MD & Chief Financial Officer(CEO), the former Punjab National Bank(PNB) MD Sunil Mehta as Non-Executive Chairman, Mahesh Krishnamurthy &AtulBheda as non-executive directors of the reconstructed board of Yes Bank. State Bank of India (SBI), which has a 49 % stake in Yes Bank, will nominate 2 directors & Reserve Bank could appoint one or more additional directors.The moratorium on Yes Bank to be lifted by March 18 which means depositors will be able to withdraw an amount without a cap.
- Name the city, where the 3rd edition of WION (World in one news) Global summit 2020 based on the theme “Navigating and negotiating global imperatives” held at.
1) Geneva, Switzerland
2) New York, United States
3) Dhaka, Bangladesh
4) Dubai, UAE
5) New Delhi, India
Answer-4) Dubai, UAE
The WION (World Is One News), the India’s first International News Channel,has organized its 3rd edition of Global summit 2020 based on the theme “Navigating and negotiating global imperatives” at The Oberoi, in Dubai, UAE (United Arab Emirates) on March 5, 2020.The Summit focused on 4 key sessions namely- India and the Emerging World focusing on the dynamics, Balancing and Recalibrating Pakistan’s Diplomatic Strategy, Climate change & Global Leaders forum.
- WINGS INDIA 2020 an international exhibition and conference based on the theme “Flying for all’, held at which Indian city?
2) New Delhi
A 4 day (March 12-15) biennial event WINGS INDIA 2020 themed as ‘Flying for All’ is an International Exhibition & Conference on Civil Aviation sector held at Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad, is organized by Ministry of Civil Aviation & Airports Authority of India(AAI) & Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- The newly discovered species of treehopper has been named after who among the following (in March 2020).
1) Queen Victoria
2) Katy Perry
3) Angelina Jolie
4) Greta Thunberg
5) Lady Gaga
Answer-5) Lady Gaga
A newly discovered species of treehopper has been named “Kaikaia Gaga” after American Singer Lady Gaga. The species was named by Brendan Morris, PhD candidate in entomology from University of Illinois, United States (US).The species were found near the Pacific coast of Nicaragua. The information about the new insect species was published in the journal Zootaxa.
- The Scientist of which among the following research Centre/Institute has developed a cost effective ‘Solar receiver tube technology that absorbs solar radiation and converts it into heat for the targeted applications.
1) Advanced Materials and Processes ResearchInstitute
2) International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials
3) Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute
4) Central Electrochemical Research Institute
5) Centre for Cellular Molecular Biology
Answer-2) International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials
Scientists at the International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad (Telangana), has developed a cost-effective ‘solar receiver tube technology’ that absorbs solar radiation and converts it into heat for the targeted applications, especially in industries.ARCI has filed 2 patent applications for this technology, and also inked an MoUwith Greenera Energy India Private Limited for technology transfer, that aims to develop the solar receiver tube for wider market absorption.
- Name the Indian ministry which launched the ‘BhoomiRashi portal’.
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
4) Ministry of Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Rural Development
Answer-3) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) announced that the ‘BhoomiRashi’ portal (which was launched on April 1, 2018) has significantly increased the process of land acquisition for National Highways project. The portal has made the process error-free & more transparent with the notifications at every stage being processed in real-time.
- Name the Team which has won the Ranji trophy title for the year 2019-20.
JaydevDipakbhaiUnadkat, 28 years old, led Saurashtra team and won the maiden Ranji Trophy (domestic first-class cricket championship) title, on the basis of earning 44 runs in the first innings defeating Bengal team at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot, Gujarat. The team has ended as Runner-up 3 times in last 7 seasons. The most successful champion of Ranji trophy was Mumbai (41 times).
- Pi day is celebrated annually on ________.
1) February 28
2) March 14
3) May 17
4) July 22
5) June 28
Answer-2) March 14
Pi Day was celebrated on March 14, 2020 because the date stands as 3/14 in the month/day format. Pi (Greek letter “π”) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant and its value up to five decimal places 3.14159. Coincidentally, March 14 is also Physicist Albert Einstein’s birthday. Pi approximation day is observed annually on July 22 (ie. 22/7) also Two pi day (Tau Day) is observed on June 28 (2*3.14 = 6.28).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Begumpet Airport is located at which Indian city?
- What is the Capital and Currency of UAE?
Answer-Capital – Abu Dhabi & Currency – Dirham
- Who is the present Minister for Road transport and Highways (March 2020)?
- Ranji trophy is related to which sports?
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park is located in Which Indian state?
- Who is the present Chief Minister of Assam (March 2020)?
- Begumpet Airport is located at which Indian city?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]