AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 15 July 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
- Name the organisation that has recently (in July ‘23) signed an MoU with the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to promote use of millets and healthy eating practices among the Armed Forces.
1) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
2) Food Corporation of India
3) Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority
4) Food Safety & Standards Authority of India
5) Bureau of Indian StandardsAnswer- 4) Food Safety & Standards Authority of India
The Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote use of millets and healthy eating practices among the Armed Forces and ensure availability of safe & nutritious food in New Delhi, Delhi.
• The MoU was signed by Director General (Supplies and Transport) Lieutenant General Preet Mohindera Singh on behalf of Ministry of Defence (MoD) and CEO, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) Shri G Kamala Vardhana Rao in the presence of Minister of Defence (MoD) Rajnath Singh and Minister of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) Dr Mansukh Mandaviya.
i. The union ministers Rajnath Singh and Mansukh Mandaviya unveiled a book titled ‘Healthy Recipes for Defence’ to promote the consumption of Shree Anna (millets) and its health benefits.
ii. This book will serve as a valuable resource for different canteens and food outlets under the MoD.
- Which company has recently (in July ‘23) signed a contract with Government e-Marketplace (GeM) to develop an enhanced version of Government e-Marketplace portal?
1) Infosys Limited
2) Wipro Limited
3) HCL Technologies Limited
4) Tech Mahindra
5) Tata Consultancy ServicesAnswer-5) Tata Consultancy Services
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), India’s largest software exporter signed a contract with Government e-Marketplace (GeM), Government procurement portal, for developing, implementing, operating and maintaining the GeM portal in GeM headquarters New Delhi, Delhi.
i. The GeM portal was developed by the erstwhile Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D) under the Ministry of Commerce with technical support of National E-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeitY).
- In July 2023, the Minister of Communications (MoC) Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurated the Curtain Raiser of ___________ edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC 2023) in New Delhi, Delhi.
5) 3rdAnswer-2) 7th
The Minister of Communications (MoC) Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurated the Curtain Raiser of 7th edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC 2023) at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi,Delhi .
i. The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) under Ministry of Communications and the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) will jointly host the seventh edition of Asia’s premier digital technology exhibition with the theme ‘Global Digital Innovation’ which is scheduled to take place from 27th to 29th October at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi,Delhi.
ii. The Concept of ‘Partner Countries’ and ‘Virtual exhibition’ will be introduced in the event.
- In July 2023, Ministry of Textile signed an MoU with the Gujarat Government for setting up Pradhan Mantri Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel (PM MITRA) Park in ____________(district of Gujarat).
5) NavsariAnswer-5) Navsari
On 13th July 2023, the Ministry of Textile, Government of India (GoI) signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Gujarat Government for setting up Pradhan Mantri Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel (PM MITRA) Park in Vansi village, Jalalpore Taluka in Navsari District, Gujarat.
• The PM MITRA Park in Vansi is inspired by the 5F vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi: Farm to Fibre to Fabric to Fashion to Foreign.
• This was the 7th PM MITRA Park under the union government announcement to set up seven textile clusters in seven states.
i. The park will be built through a Special Purpose Vehicle with 51% equity from Gujarat and 49% from the centre.
ii. The Gujarat government announced that the Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) will build the PM Mitra Park on 1142 acres of land in Vansi-Borsi, Navsari district, Gujarat.
- Name the ministry that has recently (in July ‘23) launched the Action Taken Report (ATR) Module of AuditOnline.
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Finance
3) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
4) Ministry of Science and Technology
5) Ministry of Law and JusticeAnswer-3) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
The Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) launched the Action Taken Report (ATR) Module of AuditOnline during a virtual event presided over by Kapil Moreshwar Patil, Union Minister of State(MoS), MoPR.
i. The module aims to provide a more structured approach to the audit process, ensuring clarity on the actions taken in response to audit findings.
ii. The ATR Module of AuditOnline will enable Panchayats to become more accountable, efficient, empowered and corruption-free, ensuring a seamless management and utilization of funds at Gram Panchayat level across India.
- According to the “2023 UNAIDS Global AIDS Update – The Path That Ends AIDS” released by Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) in July 2023, the world can end AIDS by ________ (year).
5) 2040Answer-– 3) 2030
UNAIDS, the Joint United Nations (UN) Programme on Human immunodeficiency viruses (HIV)/Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), report titled “2023 UNAIDS Global AIDS Update – The Path That Ends AIDS” highlights that there is a path to end AIDS by 2030 and it requires strong political leadership, following the science, tackling inequalities and ensuring sustainable funding.
i. The report contains data and case studies which highlight that ending AIDS is a political and financial choice, and that the countries and leaders who are already following the path are achieving extraordinary results.
ii. Progress in AIDS response has been strongest in the countries and regions such as in eastern and southern Africa (that have the most financial investments), where new HIV infections have been reduced by 57% since 2010.
- In July 2023, ___________ became the first bank in India to offer interoperability between Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) and Unified Payment Interface(UPI).
1) ICICI Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) YES Bank
5) IndusInd BankAnswer- 3) HDFC Bank
HDFC(Housing Development Finance Corporation) Bank, the largest private sector lender in India launched UPI QR code(Unified Payments Interface Quick Response code)interoperable with India’s sovereign digital currency, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC).
i. With this, HDFC Bank became the first bank in the country to complete the integration process between UPI payment system and Digital currency.
ii. HDFC Bank will enable Digital Rupee payments in several cities, including Mumbai, Delhi, Chandigarh, Bhubaneswar, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Guwahati, and Gangtok.
- Name the company that has recently (in July ‘23) collaborated with Amazon Web Services (AWS) India and Chiratae Ventures to launch ‘inFINity’, a 45-day fintech accelerator program.
4) Pine Labs
5) PhonePeAnswer-1) PayU
PayU Payments Private Limited(PayU), leading payments solution provider, in collaboration with Amazon Web Services(AWS) India and Chiratae Ventures, a venture capital firm, launched a 45-day fintech accelerator program called ‘inFINity’ for early-stage startups in India.
i. The deadline to apply for the program is August 11, 2023. Selected applicants will be announced on August 17, and the program will begin on August 31 with a three-day in-person boot camp in Bengaluru(Karnataka), followed by four weeks of intensive online training.
- Which Small Finance Bank has recently (in July ‘23) launched its new multilingual Television Commercial (TVC) campaign “The Great Indian Fixed Deposit (FD) Fest”?
1) Utkarsh Small Finance Bank.
2) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
3) Equitas Small Finance Bank
4) Fincare Small Finance Bank
5) Capital Small Finance BankAnswer- 4) Fincare Small Finance Bank
Fincare Small Finance Bank Limited (FSFBL) launched its new multilingual Television Commercial (TVC) campaign “The Great Indian Fixed Deposit (FD) Fest” to raise awareness about the bank’s interest rate offering for all categories of customers and highlight the significance of fixed deposit (FD) as a stable and long-term investment suitable for everyone.
i. The media campaign features FSFBL’s Brand Ambassador Grand Master (GM) Viswanathan Anand.
ii. Currently the bank is offering the highest interest rate of 9.11% for senior citizens on an investment of as little as Rs 5000 for a tenure of 1000 days and 8.51% for general citizens.
- Name the state government that has recently (in July ‘23) signed an MoU with Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE), Paytm and Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) to enable collateral-free loans to MSMEs.
1) Uttar Pradesh
4) West Bengal
5) GoaAnswer-5) Goa
On 13th July 2023, the Goa government signed 3 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE), Paytm and Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
• The MoUs focus on supporting Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSMEs), enable digital payments in Goa government departments and to contribute to effective policy-making.
i. The MoUs signed with the CGTMSE aims to administer the Goa Credit Guarantee Scheme, also known as the Mukhyamantri Saral Udyog Sahayya Yojana, within Goa to offer credit guarantees which provide easy access to financial assistance to MSMEs in Goa.
ii. The MoU with Paytm, a leading digital payments company, was signed to facilitate digital payments across various government departments.
iii. The MoU with the ICAI was signed to collaborate in capacity building, research, policy-making assistance, consulting, and other activities of Goa government through the experts of ICAI.