AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 15 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The ministry of shipping has approved Rs. 107 crores for modern firefighting facilities in Haldia Dock complex of which port?
1) Mumbai Port
2) Chennai Port
3) Kandla Port
4) Kolkata Port
5) Mormugao Port
Answer-4) Kolkata Port
Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya, Union Minister of State (I/C) Shipping approved Rs.107 Crore to improve the firefighting facilities on five jetties of Haldia Dock Complex of Kolkata Port. The modern firefighting facilities will enable safe and secure handling of petrochemical goods in the Haldia Dock Complex.
- Which organization’s Indian office joined hands with FICCI’s SEDF to initiate “#Reimagine Campaign” to support vulnerable populations and children in India?
1) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
2) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
4) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
5) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Answer-3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) India joined hands with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry’s (FICCI) Socio-Economic Development Foundation (SEDF) to initiate UNICEF’s “#Reimagine Campaign” for the support of most vulnerable populations and children during the ongoing COVID-19 response and its aftermath in India.
- Union road transport and highways minister, Nitin Gadkari launched inaugurated and laid foundation stones of 11 Highway projects in which state (July 2020)?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) Himachal Pradesh
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSMEs) Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid foundation stones of 11 Highway projects worth around Rs 20 thousand crore in Haryana through a web based program(video conferencing) presided over by Haryana Chief Minister, Manohal Lal. The projects are part of new economic corridors in the state. The 3 projects worth Rs 2,240 crore were inaugurated and foundation stones were laid for 8 projects worth Rs 17,757 crore.
- Which state has formed panel/commission to decide on tribal status of Rabari, Bharvad and Charan communities?
2) Uttar Pradesh
The Gujarat government recently announced that a five-member commission will be formed to identify the members of Rabari, Bharvad and Charan communities, living in nesses (tiny, oval-shaped hutments made of mud) of Gir, Barda and Alech areas of the state, who are eligible to get the benefits of Schedule Tribe (ST) status.
- How much percentage of world population went hungry in 2019 as per UN annual report titled “The state of food security and nutrition in the world 2020”?
In accordance with the United Nations'(UN) annual report “The state of food security and nutrition in the world- Transforming food systems for affordable healthy diets”, nearly 690 million people, or 8.9% of the world’s population, went hungry in 2019, an increase of 10 million since 2018 and of nearly 60 million since 2014.The report has been prepared by 5 UN agencies, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), World Food Programme (WFP) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) released World Wildlife Crime Report recently. Where is the HQ of UNODC located?
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) released its World Wildlife Crime Report stating that the Seizure of the scales of the Pangolins, the most trafficked wild animal in the world has increased 10 times between the year 2014 and 2018. The report was prepared by the UNODC Crime Research Section. The HQ of UNODC located at Vienna, Austria.
- The central government provides financial aid of Rs 1500 crore to which state for crop diversification and rejuvenation of ponds (Rs 500 crore allocated for ‘MeraPani Meri Virasat’ scheme)?
Central government provides financial aid of Rs 1500 crore to Haryana for water conservation, which includes Rs 500 crore to expand crop diversification under the ‘MeraPani Meri Virasat’ scheme and Rs 1000 crore to rejuvenate the ponds and treat water.
- Which edition of foundation day of NABARD was celebrated on July 12, 2020 (NABARD organized its 1st “digital choupal” on July 13)?
On July 12, 2020, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has celebrated its 39th Foundation day. On July 13, 2020, NABARD has organized its first “digital choupal”, a video conference which brought together farmers from across the country who have been associated with NABARD in 7 development projects in rural.
- How much crore worth refinance scheme was announced by NABARD for banks and financial institutions (July 2020)?
1) Rs 1,000 crore
2) Rs 3,700 crore
3) Rs 2,500 crore
4) Rs 5,000 crore
5) Rs 10,000 crore
Answer-4) Rs 5,000 crore
NABARD has announced Rs 5,000 crore of refinance scheme for banks and financial institutions for providing finance to the beneficiaries of its 2,150 watershed development projects. The concessional line of assistance will be available for three years from 2020-21 to 2022-23. Another Rs 5,000 crwas allocated for turning PACs into multi service centres.
- Which among the following is/are the short term standard health policy mandated by IRDAI for insurance companies?
1) Corona Kavach
2) Corona Rakshak
3) Corona Battle
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) made it mandatory for all general and health insurers to launch short-term standard health policies for coronavirus disease (Covid-19) viz. Corona Kavach and Corona Rakshak, due to rapid increase in COVID-19 cases in India. Notably, the premium under both the products shall be the Pan-India basis and no geographic location or zone-based pricing will be allowed. Minimum entry age for both the policies will be 18 years and the maximum 65.
- Who was appointed as the interim CEO of BCCI?
1) Sundar Raman
2) Korn Ferry
3) Jay Shah
4) Rahul Johri
5) Hemang Amin
Answer-5) Hemang Amin
Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) announced the appointment of Hemang Amin, the current Chief Operating Officer(COO) of Indian Premier League (IPL) as the interim Chief Executive Officer(CEO) following the resignation of Rahul Johri on 9th July 2020.
- Who was honored with the Lifetime achievement award of Mohun Bagan Athletic Club.
2) Ashok Kumar
3) Dhyan Chand
4) Palash Nandi
5) Gurbux Singh
Answer-2) Ashok Kumar
The 70 years old Legendary Hockey Player Ashok Kumar, key player of the 1975 World Cup winning Indian Hockey team was honoured with the Lifetime achievement award by the Kolkata based football club – Mohun Bagan Athletic Club on its foundation day over the virtual ceremony. The Lifetime Achievement award will be presented to Pranab Ganguly (Football) and Monoranjan Porel (Athletics) in addition to Ashok Kumar (Hockey).
The 2020 Mohun Bagan Ratna will be presented to Gurbux Singh former Indian Hockey player and Palash Nandi former Bengal cricketer and coach.
- What is the rank of Mukesh Ambani in world’s richest person list, as per Bloomberg Billionaires Index released on July 14, 2020 (Jeff Bezos tops)?
Bloomberg Billionaires Index has ranked Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd(RIL) as the World’s 6th richest man with a worth USD 72.4 billion after surpassing Elon Musk, co-founder & CEO of Tesla and Alphabet Inc co-founders, Sergey Brin and Larry Page. Note– The Bloomberg Billionaires Index is a daily ranking of the world’s richest people.
Top 3 in Global wise Rank Name Total Net Worth 1 Jeff Bezos(US) USD 184B 2 Bill Gates(US) USD 115B 3 Bernard Arnault(France) USD 94.5B Other Indians in Top 100 77 Azim Premji USD 16.9B 89 Shiv Nadar USD15.8B
- Which IIT has developed Ultraviolet sanitizing product named ‘SHUDH’ to make the surroundings COVID free?
1) IIT Calcutta
2) IIT Kanpur
3) IIT Madras
4) IIT Kharagpur
5) IIT Guwahati
Answer-2) IIT Kanpur
The Imagineering Laboratory department of IIT Kanpur has developed an Ultraviolet (UV) sanitizing product, ’SHUDH’. SHUDH is a smartphone operated Handy UV Disinfection Helper. It helps to make the surroundings COVID-19 free especially the highly prone places such as hospitals, hotels, malls, offices and schools.
- The assault rifles ARAD & CARMEL are set to be manufactured in India under make in India initiative in PLR Systems Private Limited. The ARAD & CARMEL are assault rifles of which country?
4) United States
The latest Israeli Assault Rifles, Arad and Carmel, will be manufactured under the Make in India initiative in the PLR Systems Private Limited, established by Israel Weapons Industries(IWI) in 2017 as a joint venture with Punj Lloyd in Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Footballer Mile Jedinak who announced retirement in July 2020 belongs to which country?
Mile Jedinak (35), Former Australian skipper and Crystal Palace midfielder from Sydney announced his retirement on 11 July. He has been the captain for Australia national Team.
- Which country planned to host 2021 Asia cup cricket tournament?
4) Sri Lanka
Answer-4) Sri Lanka
The Asian Cricket Council (ACC) recently announced the postponement of Asia cup tournament 2020. Note: Sri Lanka to host rescheduled tournament expected in June 2021.
- Who authored the book titled “If It Bleeds”?
1) Jane Yolen
2) Stephen King
3) Kevin Henkes
4) JK Rowling
5) Ruskin Bond
Answer-2) Stephen King
A new book titled “If It Bleeds”, a collection of four stories, authored by Stephen King has been released in India on July 10, 2020. The book published by Hachette India has centered on a bomb at Albert Macready Middle School. It is a sequel to his bestselling work, The Outsider.
- Wim Suurbier who passed away in July 2020 is associated with which sport?
Dutch football player Wim Suurbier (Wilhelmus Lourens Johannes Suurbier) passed away at 75. His cause for death was not provided. He was suffering from a cerebral hemorrhage. He was born in Eindhoven, Netherlands on 16 January 1945. He is a defender who helped to establish the free-flowing ‘Total Football’ on Ajax(Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax) and Dutch national teams of the 1970s.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Gurupriya Bridge is located in which state?
5) None of the Above
Recently, a passenger bus service was started for the first time after India’s Independence in Swabhiman Anchal region (formerly known as the cut-off area) in Odisha’s Malkangiri district.The bus service was able to start after the construction of the Gurupriya Bridge in 2018, which connected Swabhiman Anchal with the rest of the State. The bridge was built across Janbai river.
- Chabahar is a city in which country?
1) Saudi Arabia
Recently, Iran has decided to proceed with the Chabahar rail line construction on its own, because of delays from the Indian side in beginning and funding the project. Chabahar port is located on the Gulf of Oman and is only 72 km away from the Gwadar port in Pakistan which has been developed by China. Earlier, the state-owned Indian Railways Construction Ltd. (IRCON) had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Iranian Rail Ministry and promised to provide all services, superstructure work and financing (around USD 1.6 billion).
- Tangams is the critically endangered group of which state?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer-5) Arunachal Pradesh
Recently, the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh has released a book titled “Tangams: An Ethnolinguistic Study of the Critically Endangered Group of Arunachal Pradesh”. The book has valuable data on endangered oral narratives like ritual songs, lamentation songs, lullabies and festival songs in Tangam language spoken by the Tangam community, which has reportedly 253 speakers left now.Tangam is an oral language that belongs to the Tani group, under the greater Tibeto-Burman language family. It has been marked ‘critically endangered’ by the UNESCO World Atlas of Endangered Languages (2009).
- Who is the present Minister of State (I/C) of shipping?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Smriti Irani
3) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
4) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
5) Raj Nath Singh
Answer-3) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya is the present Minister of State (I/C) of Shipping.
- What is the capital of Netherlands?
The capital and currency of Netherlands are Amsterdam and Euro respectively.