AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 15 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In February 2022, the Government of India approved the continuation of the Modernisation of Police Forces (MPF) scheme for _________ with a financial outlay of __________.
1) 2 years; Rs 10,123 crores
2) 4 years; Rs 2,765 crores
3) 5 years; Rs 26,275 crores
4) 4 years; Rs 10,123 crores
5) 2 years; Rs 2,765 croresAnswer-3) 5 years; Rs 26,275 crores
The Government of India (GoI) has approved for continuation of the Modernisation of Police Forces (MPF) scheme for 5 years from 2021-22 to 2025-26 with a financial outlay of Rs 26,275 crores.
i. This initiative by the Ministry of Home Affairs is to modernise and improve the functioning of Police Forces of States and Union Territories by introducing sub-schemes.
About Modernisation of Police Force:
Established – 1969-70
Ministry – Ministry of Home Affairs
- In which city of Rajasthan “Desert Festival” also known as ‘Maru Mahotsav 2022’ was celebrated in February 2022?
1) Udaipur, Rajasthan
2) Bikaner, Rajasthan
3) Jodhpur, Rajasthan
4) Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
5) Jaipur, RajasthanAnswer-4) Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
The renowned Jaisalmer Desert Festival, also known as Maru Mahotsav of Jaisalmer, (Golden City of India) is being held from 13 to 16 February 2022 at Pokaran village in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
i. The Jaisalmer Desert Festival is an annual event that takes place in February month in the beautiful city of Jaisalmer. It is held in the Hindu month of Magh (February), three days prior to the full moon.
ii. The festival is celebrated amidst the beautiful dunes of the Thar Desert in the Sam dunes (42 kilometres from Jaisalmer).
- In February 2022, the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (MoPSW) sanctioned Rs 24.53 crore for dredging in the _____ to boost the Indo-Bangla waterway project.
1) Meghna River
2) Gomati river
3) Brahmaputra River
4) Muhuri River
5) Padma RiverAnswer-2) Gomati river
The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (MoPSW) has sanctioned Rs 24.53 crore for dredging in the Gomati river and setting up 10 jetties for a waterway project to Boost Indo-Bangla Waterway Project.
i. 10 floating jetties will be constructed from Udaipur in Gomati district, Tripura to Sonamura, Tripura.
ii. Out of 15.5 km of river, only 1.5-km stretch is in India and the other 14-km is in Bangladesh.
iii. A permanent jetty would come up near Srimantapur Land Customs Station in Sonamura, Tripura with an estimated cost of Rs 5.04 crore.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the ‘Democracy Index 2021’ released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) in February 2022?
A) India has ranked 32nd position in the 2021 Democracy Index’s global ranking, while Finland topped the Index.
B) Out of 167 countries 52 as flawed democracies are included in the index, India is also under flawed democracies.
C) Under International ranking, Asia ranked 4th, while North America was ranked at 1st position followed by Western Europe.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-4) Only B & C
India has ranked 46th position in the 2021 Democracy Index’s global ranking, while Norway tops. Afghanistan is the least democratic country.
i. Out of 167 countries, 52 as flawed democracies are there in the index, India is also under flawed democracies.
ii. Under International ranking, Asia ranked 4th while North America was ranked at 1st position followed by Western Europe.
- In February 2022, the Ministry of statistics and programme implementation (MoSPI) projected India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) deflator at _____ for FY23.
1) 4.5 to 5.0%
2) 3 to 3.5%
3) 4 to 4.5%
4) 2.5 to 3.0%
5) 3.5 to 4.0%Answer-2) 3 to 3.5%
The Ministry of statistics and programme implementation (MoSPI) projected India’s gross domestic product (GDP) deflator for FY23 at 3 to 3.5 percent.
i. The Government’s own projection on real GDP growth for FY23 is at 7.6-8.1 percent and the union budget projected nominal GDP growth rate to be 11.1 percent for FY23.
- In February 2022, ___________ became India’s 1st 100% Plastic Waste Neutral company.
1) Hindustan Unilever Ltd
2) Dabur India Ltd
3) Nestle India Ltd
4) ITC Ltd
5) Britannia Industries LtdAnswer-2) Dabur India Ltd
Dabur India Limited (Dabur), one of India’s leading Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies, announced that the company has become India’s 1st 100% Plastic Waste Neutral company.
i. Dabur collects, processes and recycles the same amount of plastic waste that is sold in its product packaging in a year, as a result of this the company has become a ‘Plastic Waste Neutral company’.
Note- Dabur India Limited is the first FMCG company to achieve this feat & it is the 4th largest FMCG Company in India and the world’s largest Ayurvedic and Natural Health Care Company.
- Who recently (in Feb’22) got re-elected as the President of Germany for the 2nd Consecutive Term?
1) Joachim Gauck
2) Christian Wulff
3) Horst Kohler
4) Frank Walter Steinmeier
5) Johannes RauAnswer-4) Frank Walter Steinmeier
The Incumbent President of Germany, Frank Walter Steinmeier, was re-elected by the parliamentary assembly for the next five years (2022-2027).
i. He has been serving as President of Germany since 19 March 2017.
Chancellor- Olaf Scholz
- Who was appointed as the new MD and CEO of Air India with the effect from 1st April 2022?
1) Amrita Sharan
2) Rajiv Bansal
3) R S Sandhu
4) Vinod Hejmadi
5) Ilker AyciAnswer-5) Ilker Ayci
Tata Sons have appointed Ilker Ayci, former Turkish Airlines Chairman as the new MD and CEO of Air India and he will resume his responsibilities on or before April 1, 2022.
i. Achievements Ilker Ayci was awarded the Order of the Rising Sun and Golden Rays with a Neck Ribbon by The Emperor of Japan.
- Which of the following satellites were recently (Feb’22) launched into a sun-synchronous polar orbit at 529 km altitude from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota by ISRO using PSLV-C52 rocket?
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISROs) Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C52) successfully injected Earth Observation Satellite (EOS-04), with 2 rideshare satellites viz, INSPIREsat-1 & INS-2TD into a sun-synchronous polar orbit of 529 km altitude from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), Sriharikota Range (SHAR), Andhra Pradesh.
i. EOS-04 satellite weighs about 1,710 kg, generating 2,280 Watt power with a mission life of 10 years.
ii. INSPIREsat-1 satellite is around 8.1-kilogram with 1-year mission life.
iii. INS-2TD, satellite weighs around 17.5 kilograms with 6 years operational lifetime and it.
- What is the theme of World Radio Day that was observed across the globe by the UN on 13th February, 2022?
1) Radio and Youth
2) Radio and Sports
3) Radio and Trust
4) Radio and Diversity
5) Radio and YouAnswer-3) Radio and Trust
The United Nations (UN)’s World Radio Day (WRD) is annually observed across the globe on 13th February to keep the popularity of radio alive. 13th February 2022 marked the observance of the 11th edition of World Radio Day.
i. The day also marks the anniversary of the establishment of the UN Radio service. UN Radio was established on 13th February 1946.
Theme & Sub Theme:
i. The theme of the World Radio Day 2022 is “Radio and Trust”
ii. UNESCO marks the observance of the WRD 2022 with 3 sub-themes,
• Trust in radio journalism: Produce independent and high-quality content;
• Trust and accessibility: Take care of your audience;
• Trust and viability of radio stations: Ensure competitiveness.