AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 15 August 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Who has launched the Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation (NIIO) recently?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Amit Shah
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Prakash Javadekar
5) Nitin Gadkari
Answer-1) Rajnath Singh
Rajnath Singh, Union Defence Minister launched the Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation(NIIO) through an online webinar. NIIO establishes dedicated structures to enable end users to interact with academia and industry towards fostering innovation and indigenisation for self-reliance in defence in Accordance with the vision of Atmanirbhar Bharat.‘SWAVLAMBAN’, a compendium of Indian Navy’s Indigenisation perspective plans was also released during the occasion.
- The National Health Authority approved the proposal to integrate the health schemes of the central ministries with the AB-PMJAY. Who is the CEO of AB-PMJAY?
1) Amitabh Kant
2) Indu Malhotra
3) Tanveer Singh
5) Mahesh Sinha
The Governing board of National Health Authority(NHA) approved the proposal to integrate the existing health schemes of the central ministries with the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) for employees, during the governing board’s review meeting on the implementation AB-PMJAY chaired by Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare.InduBhushan is the CEO of AB-PMJAY.
- How much was the amount granted by India to Maldives for Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP)?
1) USD 500 million
2) USD 400 million
3) USD 300 million
4) USD 200 million
5) USD 100 million
Answer-1) USD 500 million
India has granted a US$250 million as budgetary support and US$500 million for the 6.7 Km Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP) during a virtual conversation between India’s Union Minister of External Affairs Subrahmanyam Jaishankar and Maldivian Counterpart Abdulla Shahid. The financial package of US$250 million will support the Maldives in meeting the Government’s financing gap, and support its efforts in responding to Covid19. While the financial package of US$500 million consist of a grant of US$100 million and a new Line of Credit (LoC) of US$400 million. The US$400 million LoC comes in addition to a previous LoC of US$800 million that was announced by India in December 2018.The GMCP will be the largest civilian infrastructure project in Maldives, connecting its capital city Male with three neighbouring islands viz. Villingili, Gulhifahu and Thilafushi.
- According to Road Transport and Highways minister Nitin Gadkari, India aims to achieve zero road fatalities by which year?
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Jairam Gadkari while addressing the Indo-Australian Chamber of Commerce and Womennovator on Trade Investment and collaborations in Road infrastructure, has underlined India’s initiatives to achieve Zero Road Fatalities by 2030.The World Bank and Asian Development Bank have committed Rs. 7,000 crores each on initiatives to reduce road accidents.
- The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) in association with National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) launched Flood Early Warning System (FEWS) in which city in August 2020?
Flood Early Warning System (FEWS), fully automated web-based tool was launched by The Energy and Resources Institute’s (TERI) in association with National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in Guwahati, Assam. Objective – FEWS tool will alert the local authorities to predict flash floods and heavy rainfall in Guwahati, Assam.It will help the authorities to take timely and appropriate measures during natural disaster. The Flood Early Warning System (FEWS) project was developed under The Energy and Resources Institute’s (TERI) project supported by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in collaboration with India Meteorological Department (IMD) and the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA).
- How many children across the world lack basic hand washing facilities at school as per the report titled ‘Progress on drinking water, sanitation and hygiene in schools Special focus on COVID-19’ released by WHO & UNICEF?
1) 419 million
2) 818 million
3) 359 million
4) 902 million
5) 587 million
Answer-2) 818 million
As per the latest report, ‘Progress on drinking water, sanitation and hygiene in schools Special focus on COVID-19’ released by World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) through the WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme(JMP), around 818 million children across the world lacked basic hand-washing facilities in their schools which makes them prone to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and other transmittable diseases.The programme produces internationally comparable estimates of progress on drinking Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
- Name the world group which planned to provide 1.65 million euros as humanitarian aid fund to support flood victims of South Asia (includes India).
1) European Union
2) Amnesty Internationals
3) World Health Organisation
4) Group of 7
5) Association of Southeast Asian Nations
Answer-1) European Union
The European Union (EU) will provide 1.65 million euros in humanitarian aid funding to support flood victims of South Asia most notably in Bangladesh, India and Nepal. The funding is part of the EU’s Acute Large Emergency Response Tool (ALERT). The measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus will be incorporated in all programming.Of the 1.65 million euros, 500,000 euros will be used in India, 1 million euros will be dedicated to Bangladesh and 150,000 euros will be used in Nepal.
- Which state government has launched ‘Orunodoi’ scheme?
1) West Bengal
Finance Minister of Assam, HimantaBiswa Sharma announced that the Government of Assam will roll out the ‘Orunodoi’ Scheme, which will provide Financial Assistance of Rs. 830 per month through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme to around 17 Lakh Families in the state. It is expected to be the largest direct benefit Transfer scheme in Assam. The ‘Orunodoi’ scheme will be implemented from October 2, 2020 and will act as an umbrella scheme for all other government schemes for the next 5 years.
- The RBI has mandated the Core Investment Companies with the largest asset size will have to form a group risk management committee (GRMC), based on the recommendation of working group under chairmanship of whom?
2) Tapan Ray
3) Mahesh Kumar Jain
4) TN Manoharan
5) None of the Above
Answer-2) Tapan Ray
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has revised the guidelines applicable for Core Investment Companies (CICs) on the basis of the recommendations of the Working Group (WG) to Review the Regulatory and Supervisory Framework for Core Investment Companies (CICs), constituted under the Chairmanship of Tapan Ray, former Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). The report by the WG was published by RBI on November 6, 2019.CIC in the group, or the CIC with the largest asset size, will have to form a group risk management committee (GRMC), comprising of at least five members, with two independent directors.
- The Core Investment Companies with assets over ______ will have to appoint a chief risk officer (CRO) as per the guidelines of RBI.
1) 2000 Cr
2) 1000 Cr
3) 2500 Cr
4) 3000 Cr
5) 5000 Cr
Answer-5) 5000 Cr
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has revised the guidelines applicable for Core Investment Companies (CICs) on the basis of the recommendations of the Working Group (WG) to Review the Regulatory and Supervisory Framework for Core Investment Companies (CICs), constituted under the Chairmanship of Tapan Ray, former Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). The report by the WG was published by RBI on November 6, 2019.CICs with assets of over Rs 5,000 crore will have to appoint a chief risk officer (CRO).
- Find the bank which has launched 1st of its kind card for armed forces and their families named ‘Shaurya KGC Card’.
1) IndusInd Bank
2) YES Bank
3) RBL Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) HDFC Bank
Answer-5) HDFC Bank
Aditya Puri, Managing Director of HDFC Bank, launched digitally the 1st of its kind card, ‘Shaurya KGC(Kisan Gold Credit) Card’, a tri color themed card for Indian armed forces personnel, i.e, Army, Navy, Air force and Para military forces and their families.The product is based on the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) guidelines by the government.
- Which public sector bank launched “KCC (Kisan Credit Card) Review option” in its platform YONO Krishi?
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) United Bank of India
5) Indian Bank
Answer-1) State Bank of India
State Bank of India(SBI) has launched “KCC (Kisan Credit Card) Review option” on its digital agricultural solution platform, YONO (“You Only Need One”) Krishi. With this application the farmers can access their KCC limit in the virtual platform. It is expected to benefit more than 75 Lakh Farmers who have Kisan Credit Card accounts with SBI. The Farmers will no longer need to visit the bank branch physically to apply for a revision in their KCC limit.
- India has signed MoU with which country on space co-operation (August 2020)?
Government of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on space cooperation with the Federal government of Republic of Nigeria at the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.On the occasion, both sides also agreed to sign a subsidiary MOU between New Space India Limited (NSIL), under ISRO, and Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP), under the Federal Ministry of Environment of Nigeria, on cooperation in use of Geospatial Technologies.
- Name the state/UT which signed MoU with Bloomberg Philanthropies to improve road safety.
1) Jammu & Kashmir
3) Tamil Nadu
In a bid to enhance road safety i.e. eliminate road accidents and create safe mobility for commuters, Kailash Gahlot, Delhi Transport Minister signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bloomberg Philanthropies. On signing this MoU, Delhi has joined 30 world cities & world’s leading organisations in the Bloomberg Philanthropies Initiative for Global Road Safety, a network committed to reducing the deaths and injuries from road traffic crashes.
- SSMundra, the former deputy governor of RBI has been appointed as the non-executive chairman of which housing finance company recently?
1) IIFL Home Finance Limited
2) Magma Housing Finance Limited
3) Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited
4) Aditya Birla Housing Finance Limited
5) Aptus Value Housing Finance India Limited
Answer-3) Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited
Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited(IBH) appointed Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Deputy Governor SubhashSheoratanMundra (SS Mundra) as its Non-Executive Chairman with immediate effect.
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of eBikeGO?
1) Piyush Chawla
2) Zaheer Khan
3) Harbhajan Singh
4) MS Dhoni
5) Suresh Raina
Answer-3) Harbhajan Singh
eBikeGO, Amritsar based e-mobility start-up appointed Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh as its brand ambassador for a year. He will help the company to upgrade itself and will also have an active presence on the company’s website and campaigns across media.
- Which state/UT ranked top in the implementation of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme as per ranking released by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs?
1) Andhra Pradesh
Odisha has retained top position in the implementation of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme. According to rankings released by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Odisha regained its top position by securing a score of 85.67 percent, followed by Union Territory of Chandigarh (75.08) and Telangana (74.04).Top 3 States in Implementation of AMRUT Scheme:
Position State Score 1 Odisha 85.67 2 Chandigarh (UT) 75.08 3 Telangana 74.04
- How many products developed by the Defence Public Sector Undertakings and Ordnance Factory Board was launched by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh (August 13, 2020)?
On August 13, 2020, as a part of the AtmaNirbhar Week celebration (AtmanirbhartaSaptah) between August 7-14, 2020 of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and to boost Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan (self-reliant India movement), Union Defence Minister (RakshaMantri) Rajnath Singh virtually launched 15 products of Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) and Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) viz. four products each by OFB and BEML, two by BEL and one each by HAL, BDL, MDL, GRSE and GSL.
- The Nag Missile Carrier (NAMICA) was developed by which company in association with Hyderabad based Defence Research & Development Laboratory (DRDL)?
1) Bharat Earth Movers Limited
2) Ordnance Factory Medak
3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
4) Bharat Dynamics Limited
5) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited
Answer-2) Ordnance Factory Medak
Nag Missile Carrier (NAMICA): Developed by Ordnance Factory Medak (OFMK), Telangana in association with Defence Research & Development Laboratory (DRDL), Hyderabad(Telangana), it can act as an import substitution of around Rs. 260 Cr in the first phase, which may go upto more than Rs 3000 Cr.
- Name the Indian Coast Guard offshore patrol vessel, which was launched in August 2020 (manufactured by Goa Shipyard Limited).
1) ICGS Samrath
2) ICGS Sachet
3) ICGS Sarthak
4) ICGS Samudra
5) ICGS Sankalp
Answer-3) ICGS Sarthak
In order to enhance maritime security, on August 13, 2020, an Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPV) for the Indian Coast Guard was launched and re-christened as Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) “Sarthak” during a ceremony held at Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) which was conducted through video conferencing from Coast Guard headquarters at New Delhi. It was launched by Ms. Veena Ajay Kumar, wife of Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar. Sarthak, the 4th in the series of five OPVs deployed by the ICG has been designed and built indigenously by GSL on the lines of “Make in India” which has about 70% indigenous content. The ship will be deployed for exclusive economic zone (EEZ) surveillance, Coastal Security and other duties to safeguard India’s maritime interests.
- The scientists from Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) discovered a helium (He)-enhanced cool bright star among Omega Centauri recently. Where does IIA located?
Indian Scientist from Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bengaluru, Karnataka, an autonomous institute under the Department of Science and Technology (DST) discovered a helium (He)-enhanced cool bright star among metal rich samples of the globular cluster, Omega Centauri.This is the first ever spectroscopic determination of He-abundance in the Omega Centauri. The study was published in “The Astrophysical Journal”.
- Which IIT has developed “UVSAFE”, UVGI based room disinfection device in collaboration with Momentum India Private Limited?
1) IIT Delhi
2) IIT Madras
3) IIT Ropar
4) IIT Ahmedabad
5) IIT Mandi
Answer-3) IIT Ropar
Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar(IIT-R) in collaboration with Momentum India Private Limited developed “UVSAFE”, a state-of-the-art room disinfection device based on Singular Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation(UVGI). The efficiency of the device was tested by FICCI Research and Analysis Centre(FRAC)(NABL Accredited Laboratory, New Delhi).
- ChunakkaraRamankutty who passed away in August 2020 is the poet and drama writer in which language?
Veteran Malayalam poet, lyricist and drama writer ChunakkarRamankutty passed away at the age of 84 due to old age-related ailments in a hospital at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.He hails from Chunakkara, Alappuzha, Kerala.
- Name the IIT which has found the critical group and multi drug resistant bacteria of the WHO’s 2017 list of antibiotic resistant priority pathogens, in River Yamuna.
1) IIT Jamshedpur
2) IIT Kharagpur
3) IIT Delhi
4) IIT Bengaluru
5) IIT Madras
Answer-3) IIT Delhi
The research team of Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi(IIT-D) found the critical group and multi drug resistant bacteria of the World Health Organization’s(WHO’s) 2017 list of antibiotic resistant priority pathogens, in the waters of River Yamuna. The study was conducted on the 20 major sewer drains and the waters of Yamuna at 5 locations across Delhi over two seasons and isolated the Faecal Coliform(FC) from all the samples. The research paper on the study was published in the Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Asola Bhatti wildlife sanctuary is located in which state/UT?
4) Arunachal Pradesh
The Asola Bhatti wildlife sanctuary is located in Delhi.
- Gangotri National Park is located in which state?
4) Arunachal Pradesh
Woolly flying squirrel, that was thought to be extinct some seventy years back, was spotted at Gangotri National Park in Uttrakhand’sUttarkashi, as informed by Forest Research Institute recently.
- Where is the HQ of International Astronomical Union (IAU) located?
1) New York
The HQ of International Astronomical Union (IAU) located at Paris, France. As per the data collected by NASA’s Dawn spacecraft, dwarf planet Ceres reportedly has salty water underground. Dawn (2007-18) was a mission to the two most massive bodies in the main asteroid belt – Vesta and Ceres.According to the International Astronomical Union (IAU), which sets definitions for planetary science, a dwarf planet is a celestial body that – orbits the sun, has enough mass to assume a nearly round shape, has not cleared the neighborhood around its orbit and is not a moon. The first five recognised dwarf planets are Ceres, Pluto, Eris, Makemake and Haumea.
- Keoladeo national park is located in which state?
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot announced that the Rajasthan government will soon introduce a new tourism policy to help ensure the sector tides over the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. He also directed officers to find a permanent solution to solve the water problem in Keoladeo National Park in Bharatpur.
- Sri Guru Ram DassJee International Airport is located in which state?
In accordance with the Centre’s decision to plant 2,000 saplings in every airport across the country (July 2020), the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel on Sunday, planted around 250 saplings at the Sri Guru Ram DassJee International Airport in Amritsar, Punjab.