AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 14,15 & 16 October 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs October 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Name the repatriation operation that has been recently (in Oct ‘23) launched by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), GoI to bring back Indian citizens from Israel amid the ongoing 2023 Israel–Hamas War.
1) Operation Bharat
2) Operation Ganga
3) Operation Ajay
4) Operation Kaveri
5) Operation RaahatAnswer-3) Operation Ajay
On 11 October 2023, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GoI) launched ‘Operation Ajay’, a repatriation operation, to bring back Indian citizens from Israel amid the ongoing 2023 Israel–Hamas War.
This operation aims to assist Indian citizens in Israel who wish to return to India.
2023 Israel-Hamas War is the conflict between Israel and Palestinian militant groups led by Hamas
The conflict started on 7th October 2023 when the Gaza-based Hamas militants invaded Israel from the Gaza Strip.
The operation Ajay was launched after Air India and other airlines suspended all its commercial operations to and from Israel as the war began on October 7.
- In Which city, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya has recently (in Oct ‘23) inaugurated new facilities at the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS)?
1) New Delhi, Delhi
2) Bengaluru, Karnataka
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
5) Ahmedabad, GujaratAnswer-2) Bengaluru, Karnataka
Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya,Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) inaugurated new facilities at the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) in Bengaluru, Karnataka and launched the new logo of Tele Mental Health Assistance and Networking Across States (Tele MANAS)
These events happened on the occasion of 31st World Mental Health Day which was observed on 10th October 2023.
i. NIMHANS is a premier medical institute in India for mental health care, education, and research.
NIMHANS came into existence in 1974 by amalgamating Mysore Government Mental Hospital and All India Institute of Mental Health.
ii. Tele manas is a national tele-mental health program which aims to provide mental health to all because it is a universal human right.
It was announced in the Union Budget 2022-23 and launched in October 2022 & functions under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare(MoH&FW)
- In which state, Union Minister Arjun Munda, Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) has recently (in Oct ‘23) inaugurated “Aadi Mahotsav” – the National Tribal Festival?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) AssamAnswer-1) Jharkhand
On 7th October 2023, Union Minister Arjun Munda, Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) inaugurated “Aadi Mahotsav” – the National Tribal Festival, organised by Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED), at Jamshedpur, Jharkhand.
The event will be held from 7th to 16th October 2023 commemorating the celebration of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
Aadi Mahotsav is an annual initiative of MoTA to celebrate tribal entrepreneurship, crafts, culture, cuisine, commerce and traditional art.
The 2023 Aadi Mahotsav will showcase the talents of 336 tribal artisans and artists, including members of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) and Van Dhan Vikas Kendra (VDVK) beneficiaries.
- What is India’s rank in the Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2023, released in October 2023?
5) 125thAnswer-4) 111th
India ranks 111th out of the 125 countries with a score of 28.7 in Global Hunger Index(GHI) 2023. India slipped 4 positions as compared to previous GHI ranking.
In 2022, India ranked 107 out of 121 countries. In 2021, it was placed at 101 out of 116 countries.
i. In GHI 2023, 20 countries with 2023 GHI scores of less than 5 are not assigned individual ranks, They are collectively ranked 1–20. These 20 countries are:
Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Chile, China, Croatia, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Türkiye, United Arab Emirates(UAE), and Uruguay.
ii. As per the GHI Severity of Hunger Scale, the country’s score in the range of 20.0 — 34.9 indicates that it has a serious level of hunger. So with a score of 28.7, India has a level of hunger that is serious.
iii. The global score of GHI 2023 is 18.3 which is 0.8 less compared to 19.1 in 2015 and the global hunger level is considered as ‘moderate’
- Name the Payments Bank that has recently (in Oct ‘23) received a monetary penalty of Rs 5.39 crore by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
1) Paytm Payments Bank
2) Jio Payments Bank
3) India Post Payments Bank
4) Fino Payments Bank
5) Airtel Payment BankAnswer- 1) Paytm Payments Bank
On October 12, 2023, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 5.39 Crore on Paytm Payments Bank Limited (PPBL) in exercise of its powers conferred under the provisions of Section 47A(1)(c) read with Section 46(4)(i) of the Banking Regulation (BR) Act, 1949.
i. This penalty will not affect any transaction or agreement entered into by the bank with its customers.
ii. The penalty was imposed due to non-compliance with certain provisions of,
Reserve Bank of India (Know Your Customer (KYC)) Directions, 2016
RBI Guidelines for Licensing of Payments Banks’ read with ‘Enhancement of maximum balance at end of the day.
- In October 2023, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cancelled the Certificate of Registration (CoR) of _____________ (Housing Finance Company) w.e.f. 21st September, 2023.
1) Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited
2) Ind Bank Housing Limited
3) PNB Housing Finance Limited
4) LIC Housing Finance Limited
5) Housing Development Finance Corporation LimitedAnswer-2) Ind Bank Housing Limited
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the Certificate of Registration (CoR) Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN) based Ind Bank Housing Ltd, a Housing Finance Company (HFC) w.e.f. September 21, 2023.
In this regard, it cannot transact the business of a Housing Finance Institution and a Non-Banking Financial Institution (NBFC) as defined in National Housing Bank (NHB) Act, 1987 and RBI Act, 1934, respectively.
This decision has been taken by RBI in exercise of its powers conferred on it under Section 29A (6) of the NHB Act, 1987.
Note: Set up in 1991, Ind Bank Housing Ltd major shareholders were Indian Bank and HUDCO (Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd) with 51% and 25% stake, respectively.
- Name the bank that has recently (in Oct ‘23) launched iFinance to get a consolidated view of customers’ savings and current accounts across banks in a single place.
1) ICICI Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) YES Bank
5) IndusInd BankAnswer-1) ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank Limited has launched a new feature called iFinance, which allows customers-retail and sole proprietors, to get a consolidated view of their savings and current accounts across banks in a single place. This facility is also extended to customers of other banks.
i. ICICI bank leverages the Account Aggregator (AA) ecosystem to enable users to link their accounts.
ii. This feature is available on ICICI Bank’s digital platforms, namely iMobile Pay application, Retail Internet Banking (RIB), Corporate Internet Banking (CIB) and InstaBIZ(Business Banking Mobile Application).
iii. ‘iFinance’ provides a single-view dashboard of all accounts, offering a facility to get a summary of their income and category wise information of their expenditure.
- In which Tiger Reserve, Researchers from India and the United Kingdom have recently (in Oct ‘23) discovered a new toad species “Bufoides Bhupathyi”?
1) Buxa Tiger Reserve (West Bengal)
2) Dampa Tiger Reserve (Mizoram)
3) Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve (Madhya Pradesh)
4) Melghat Tiger Reserve (Maharashtra)
5) Kaziranga Tiger Reserve (Assam)Answer-2) Dampa Tiger Reserve (Mizoram)
Researchers from India and the United Kingdom have discovered a new toad species “Bufoides Bhupathyi” (Common name: Mizoram rock toad) in the the Dampa Tiger Reserve(TR) of Mizoram.
i. It is named after S Bhupathy, a noted herpetologist who served as principal scientist at the Coimbatore(Tamil Nadu)-based Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History(SACON).
ii. The findings were published in Biodiversitas, a journal published in Indonesia.
iii. Bufoides Bhupathyi belong to the ‘Bufonidae’ family and the genus ‘bufoides’. Both frogs and toads belong to the order “Anura”, which means “without a tail.
- When was the United Nations (UN) International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction (IDDRR) 2023 observed across the globe with the theme of “Fighting inequality for a resilient future”?
1) 13th October 2023
2) 10th October 2023
3) 11th October 2023
4) 9th October 2023
5) 12th October 2023Answer-1) 13th October 2023
The United Nations (UN) International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction (IDDRR) 2023 was observed across the globe on 13th October 2023 with the theme of “Fighting inequality for a resilient future.”
i. The theme aligns with the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 (SFDRR).
ii. The first International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction (IDNDR) was observed on 10 October 1990.
- What was the theme of 27th World Egg Day that was observed across the globe on 13th October 2023?
1) Eat your egg today and everyday
2) Eggs for a healthy future
3) Eggs for all: Nature’s perfect package
4) Eggs for a Better Life
5) Eggs: much more than the perfect proteinAnswer-2) Eggs for a healthy future
World Egg Day is annually observed across the globe on the 2nd Friday of October to raise awareness of the importance of eggs in human nutrition, food security, and overall well-being.
i. The 27th World Egg Day (World Egg Day 2023) was observed on 13th October 2023 with the theme of “Eggs for a healthy future.”
ii. The decision to annually observe the second Friday of October as “World Egg Day” was made during the IEC Conference held in Vienna, Austria in 1996.
iii. The first ever World Egg Day was observed on 11th October 1996.