AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which is the 1st State to launch the “Medicines from the Sky” initiative to use drones for delivering Medicines?
4) Madhya Pradesh
Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia, Ministry of Civil Aviation launched ‘Medicines from the Sky (MFTS)’ in Vikarabad, Telangana to send Medicines using Drones. It will use drones for Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLoS) to deliver the payload.
i. This initiative was started by the Government of Telangana in association with World Economic Forum (WEF), NITI Aayog, and HealthNet Global (Apollo Hospitals).
- Identify the Indian Navy Ship that participated in the bilateral maritime exercise with the Sudan Navy (in Sep ’21) in the Red Sea off the Sudanese coast.
1) INS Shivalik
2) INS Mysore
3) INS Satpura
4) INS Tabar
5) INS Sahyadri
Answer-4) INS Tabar
Indian navy and Sudan Navy had conducted the bilateral maritime exercise in the Red Sea off the Sudanese coast. India Navy Ship (INS) Tabar and two Sudanese Navy ships- Almazz and Nimer- participated in the maiden exercise.
- Which is the first bank in the Asia-Pacific region that partnered (in Sept’ 21) with ‘SWIFT Global Payments Innovation’ to launch real-time online tracking for cross-border collections for businesses in India?
1) RBL Bank
2) CSB Bank
3) DBS Bank
5) Axis Bank
Answer-3) DBS Bank
DBS in partnership with Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications (SWIFT) Global Payments Innovation(gpi) launched real-time online tracking for cross-border collections for businesses in India.
i. DBS became the first bank in India and Asia-Pacific to offer this service to its clients.
ii. DBS was also the first bank in Asia to launch Outbound Payments with end-to-end tracking with SWIFT gpi.
- Which Payment Bank recently (in Sept’ 21) enabled India’s first FASTag based metro parking facility in partnership with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation?
1) India Post Payments Bank
2) Fino Payments Bank
3) NSDL Payments Bank
4) Paytm Payments Bank
5) Airtel Payments Bank.
Answer-4) Paytm Payments Bank
Paytm Payments Bank Ltd (PPBL) enables India’s first FASTag based metro parking facility in partnership with the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
About Paytm Payments Bank Ltd (PPBL):
Managing Director and CEO- Satish Gupta
Headquarter – Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Who was recently (in Sept’ 21) appointed as the Chairman of National Commission of Minorities?
1) Ghayorul Hasan
2) Suneet Sharma
3) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
4) Sandeep Aggarwal
5) Sardar Iqbal Singh
Answer-5) Sardar Iqbal Singh
Sardar Iqbal Singh Lalpura took charge as the Chairman of National Commission of Minorities (NCM) in the presence of Minister of Minority Affairs, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
- Who was recently (in Sept’ 21) appointed as the 17th Chief Minister of Gujarat?
1) Bhupendra Patel
2) Mansukh Mandaviya
3) Parshottam Rupala
4) Vijay Rupani
5) Praful Khoda Patel
Answer-1) Bhupendra Patel
Bhupendra Patel was appointed as the 17th CM of Gujarat by the Governor Acharya Devvrat. He succeeded Vijay Rupani, who had resigned earlier. He is Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Ghatlodia.
- Which of the following is NOT correct with respect to ‘2021 US Open Tennis Championship’?
1) Russia’s Daniil Medvedev defeated Serbia’s Novak Djokovic in the finals of Men’s Singles.
2) Emma Raducanu from Britain won the Women’s Singles Title & became the youngest female to win a Grand Slam Title since Maria Sharapova.
3) Samantha Jane Stosur & Zhang Shuai (Australia – China) pair won the Women’s Doubles Title.
4) Rajeev Ram (USA) & Joe Salisbury (Britain) pair won the Men’s Doubles Title.
5) All are correct.
Answer-5) All are correct.
2021 US Open Tennis Championship:
Russia’s Daniil Medvedev defeated Serbia’s Novak Djokovic in the finals of Men’s Singles.
Emma Raducanu from Britain won the Women’s Singles Title & became the youngest female to win a Grand Slam Title since Maria Sharapova.
Samantha Jane Stosur & Zhang Shuai (Australia – China) pair won the Women’s Doubles Title.
Rajeev Ram (USA) & Joe Salisbury (Britain) pair won the Men’s Doubles Title.
- Who won the ‘2021 Italian Grand Prix’?
1) Daniel Ricciardo
2) Max Verstappen
3) Lewis Hamilton
4) Sebastian Vettel
5) Charles Leclerc
Answer-1) Daniel Ricciardo
McLaren’s Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) won the 2021 Italian Grand Prix, making his 1st victory since 2018, notably this was McLaren’s 1st win after 9-years.
About Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM):
President – Jorge Viegas
Headquarters – Mies, Switzerland
- Who authored the book titled “A Rude Life: The Memoir”?
1) Pavan C.Lall
2) Rana Kapoor
3) Kiran Desai
4) Vir Sanghvi
5) Arundhati Roy
Answer-4) Vir Sanghvi
Veteran journalist Vir Sanghvi authored a memoir titled “A Rude Life: The Memoir” which shares his views and experience as an Indian journalist.
- A type of insurance that is designed to provide insurance cover to couples or partners is known as?
1) Group Life Insurance
2) Joint Life Insurance
3) Couple Life Insurance
4) Partner Life Insurance
5) Future Life Insurance
Answer-2) Joint Life Insurance
Joint Life Insurance is designed to provide insurance cover to couples or partners. In case of death of one insurer, the partner gets the sum assured. Whereas, Group life insurance is offered to a group like employees of a company.