AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 –Click Here to Download the APP
- Which organization recently (in Oct’ 21) became the ‘Maharatna central public sector enterprise (CPSE)’ thereby receiving greater Operational & Financial autonomy?
1) Power Finance Corporation (PFC)
2) Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
3) Oil India Limited (OIL)
4) Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers (RCF)
5) National Aluminium Company (NALCO)
Answer-1) Power Finance Corporation (PFC)
Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) was accorded the status of ‘Maharatna central public sector enterprise (CPSE)’ by the Department of Public Enterprises, under the Ministry of Finance. It was given for its greater operational and financial autonomy.
i. With this, PFC can now invest up to ₹5,000 crore, or 15% of its net worth, in a single project.
- Which of the following point(s) are correct with respect to the recent (in Oct’ 21) cabinet approvals by the Government of India?
A) Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) is extended till 2022-23 with an outlay of Rs 80,600 crores to make urban India ‘Garbage Free’.
B) AMRUT 3.0, the program that aims at rejuvenating water bodies, is extended till 2023-24 with an outlay of Rs 1,09,000 crore.
C) Nutrient Based Subsidy rates for Phosphatic & Potassic (P&K) Fertilisers were approved with an outlay of Rs. 28,602 crore.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Both A & B
5) Both B & C
Answer-3) Only C
i. The cabinet approved the continuation of Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) till 2025-26 with an outlay of Rs 1,41,600 crores to make urban India ‘Garbage Free’.
ii. The cabinet approved the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation 2.0 (AMRUT 2.0) till 2025-26 with an outlay of Rs 2,77,000 crore.
iii. Nutrient Based Subsidy rates for Phosphatic & Potassic (P&K) Fertilisers were approved with an outlay of Rs. 28,602 crore.
iv. The cabinet also approved the proposal to affiliate 100 schools, (private & public) with the Sainik School Society, under the Ministry of Defence (MoD).
- Name the Ministry that recently (in Oct’ 21) announced the ‘Good Samaritans’ scheme to award & appreciate citizens who save the lives of road accident victims.
1) Ministry of Women and Child Development
2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
4) Ministry of Finance
5) Ministry of Labour and Employment
Answer-3) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) announced the ‘Good Samaritans’ scheme to award & appreciate citizens who save the lives of road accident victims by admitting them to hospital with the ‘Golden Hour’.
i. The lifesavers will be provided with a cash reward of Rs 5,000 per incident per individual along with an appreciation certificate.
- Name the Cooperative Bank that recently (in Oct’ 21) partnered with ‘Axis Securities’ to offer investing services through a 3-in-1 account.
1) Urban Cooperative Bank
2) J&K State Cooperative Bank
3) Seva Vikas Cooperative Bank
4) Punjab & Maharashtra Cooperative Bank
5) Saraswat Cooperative Bank
Answer-5) Saraswat Cooperative Bank
Saraswat Cooperative Bank Ltd. partnered with Axis Securities to offer its customers investing services through a 3-in-1 account. The facility will integrate savings bank accounts maintained by the co-operative bank with the demat & trading account offered by Axis Securities.
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) got license from RBI (in Oct’21) to become India’s 12th SFB?
1) Paytm Small Finance Bank
2) Jana Small Finance Bank
3) Asirvad Small Finance Bank
4) Unity Small Finance Bank
5) Fusion Small Finance Bank
Answer-4) Unity Small Finance Bank
The RBI issued the ‘Small Finance Bank’ (SFB) license to Centrum-BharatPe’s ‘Unity Small Finance Bank Ltd (USFBL)’ to carry on an SFB business in India. They are aspiring to make USFBL as India’s 1st ‘digital SFB’.
i. With the establishment of USFBL, the number of SFBs in India was increased to 12.
- What was India’s GDP forecast for 2021 as per the ‘World Economic Outlook’ released by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in October, 2021?
World Economic Outlook (WEO) titled ‘Recovery During a Pandemic Health Concerns, Supply Disruptions, and Price Pressures’, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) retained India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast for 2021 unchanged at 9.5% (July 2021 forecast).
About International Monetary Fund (IMF):
Headquarters – Washington, D.C., United States
MD – Kristalina Georgieva
- Name the personality who was recently (in Oct’ 21) honoured with ‘2021 C K Prahalad Award’ for Global Business Sustainability Leadership.
1) Shantanu Narayen
2) Arvind Krishna
3) Ajay Banga
4) Indra Nooyi
5) Satya Nadella
Answer-5) Satya Nadella
Microsoft Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Indian American Satya Nadella got the prestigious C K Prahlad award for Global Business Sustainability Leadership for the year 2021.
Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States
Chairperson: John W. Thompson
- Who was recently (in Oct’ 21) appointed as the CEO of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)?
1) Ritesh Chauhan
2) Ashish Kumar Bhutani
3) Mohammed Hussam Uddin
4) Sumit Sangwan
5) Satish Kumar
Answer-1) Ritesh Chauhan
As part of a bureaucratic reshuffle, Ritesh Chauhan was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY), replacing Ashish Kumar Bhutani. PMFBY was launched in 2016.
- What is the minimum paid-up equity capital required to operate as a Small Finance Bank in India?
1) Rs 100 crores
2) Rs 200 crores
3) Rs 250 crores
4) Rs 500 crores
5) Rs 1000 crores
Answer-2) Rs 200 crores
About Small Finance Bank (SFB):
• Resident individuals/professionals with 10 years of experience in banking and finance will be eligible as promoters to set up SFBs.
• Capital Requirement: The minimum paid-up equity capital for SFB should be Rs 200 crores (US$28 million).
- Who authored the book titled ‘The Christmas Pig’?
1) George R. R. Martin
2) David Crane
3) JK Rowling
4) Patrick Rothfuss
5) J. R. R. Tolkien
Answer-3) JK Rowling
Harry Potter author JK Rowling released her first children’s Christmas book titled ‘The Christmas Pig’, inspired by lockdown and her son David’s beloved cuddly toy pigs.