AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Indian Mountaineer Amgoth Tukaram climbs the highest peak of Australia, ‘Mount Kosciuszko’ recently (March 2020). He hailed from which Indian state?
1) Andhra Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh
A young mountaineer Amgoth Tukaram from Telangana has scaled Australia’s highest peak Mount Kosciuszko (2,228 meters), he also scaled the Mount Kilimanjaro (19,308 feet) in Africa, the Mount Everest (29,029 feet) in Nepal, Mount Elbrus (18513 ft.) in Russia and Mount Aconcagua (22,837 feet) in South America.
- The Ministry of Home affairs sanctioned Rs. 365 Crore to build 2nd Integrated check post (ICP) in which Indian state?
5) Arunachal Pradesh
Ministry of Home Affairs has sanctioned Rs.365 crores for constructing New Integrated Check Post (ICP) of About 130 km at Sabroom, Tripura. This is the second Integrated Check Post to be built along the Indo-Bangla border.
- During the 35th inception day of The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) the Crime Multi Agency Centre (Cri-MAC) and National Cybercrime Training Centre (NCTC) was launched in which Indian city?
3) New Delhi
Answer-3) New Delhi
The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) celebrated its 35th Inception Day. Shri Nityanand Rai, Union Minister of State for Home was the chief guest of the occasion launched Crime Multi Agency Centre (Cri-MAC) and National Cybercrime Training Center (NCTC) in New Delhi.
- Name the Indian state which is 1st in country to notify regulations to prevent the outbreak and spread of the novel coronavirus under Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897.
1) West Bengal
5) Tamil Nadu
Karnataka became the first state in the country to notify regulations titled “The Karnataka Epidemic Diseases, COVID-19 Regulations, 2020” to prevent the outbreak and spread of the novel coronavirus under the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897.
- The Union government has notified the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Rules (POCSO), 2020. The new rule will able to implement the recent amendments to this law, under which the provisions of punishment for sexual exploitation of children have been further made stringent. The POCSO Act was enacted in which year?
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 45 of the POCSO Act, 2012, the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD), Government of India (GoI), has notified the new Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Rules, 2020 by replacing the earlier 2012 Rules. The new rule will able to implement the recent amendments to this law, under which the provisions of punishment for sexual exploitation of children have been further made stringent. The new POCSO rules became effective from March 9, 2020.
- Name the railway station which is going to be upgraded as World Class station, first-of-its-kind project as a part of Government of India’s (GoI) plan to converting the conditions of Indian railway stations into world class one.
1) Kanpur Central Railway Station
2) Howrah Railway Station
3) Dudhsagar Railway Station
4) New Delhi Railway Station
5) Ghum Railway Station
Answer-4) New Delhi Railway Station
The New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS) will be converted into a world-class railway station with an estimated outlay of Rs 6500 crore. Ministry of Railways has entrusted the work of redevelopment of this station to Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) under PPP mode. Station redevelopment projects at this scale in PPP mode are first of its kind and complex in nature which requires detailed techno-financial feasibility studies.
- Name the Indian state which launched Kaushal Satrang, CM Yuva Hub, CM Apprenticeship schemes.
1) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) West Bengal
Answer-1) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh (UP) Chief Minister (CM) Yogi Adityanath launched three ambitious schemes (Kaushal Satrang, CM Yuva Hub and CM Apprenticeship scheme) for skill development and employment generation for the state youths, during the ‘Kaushal Satrang’ Programme organized by the Vocational Education and Skill Development and Labour and Employment Exchange departments at the Lok Bhawan in Lucknow, UP. The government also announced that ‘Arogya Mitras’ at all primary health centres of the states will be deployed to inform people about the govt health schemes.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) has announced COVID-19 as ________ disease.
The World Health Organization (WHO) declared novel coronavirus (COVID-19) as a pandemic (an infectious disease where we see significant and ongoing person-to-person spread in multiple countries around the world at the same time), which means a widespread disease. This is the first pandemic caused by a coronavirus & can be controlled.
- As per the 2nd edition of global Animal Protection Index (API) 2020 released by World Animal Protection (non-profit org), What is India’s grade in the index.
World Animal Protection released the 2nd edition of global Animal Protection Index (API) 2020, where India gained C grade (also in 1st edition in 2014) with other 8 countries which indicates India is one of the better-performing countries. It assesses the animal welfare policies & legislation of 50 countries & ranks them from A (highest score) to G (lowest score) with 10 indicators.
Grade A – no countries
Grade B – Austria, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Grade C- India, Mexico, Malaysia, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain, New Zealand
Grade G– Azerbaijan, Iran
- The Central Board of State Bank of India (SBI) has approved the investment of Rs. ________ in Yes Bank as the part of RBI’s ‘Yes Bank Ltd. Reconstruction Scheme, 2020’.
1) 7000 Crore
2) 8000 Crore
3) 7250 Crore
4) 8250 Crore
5) 7500 Crore
Answer-3) 7250 Crore
The executive committee of the central board of State Bank of India (SBI) has approved an investment of Rs 7,250 crore in Yes Bank Ltd. as a part of RBI formulated rescue plan titled “Yes Bank Ltd. Reconstruction Scheme, 2020” for the revival of Yes Bank. The SBI has not specified its shareholding the bank but it will remain under 49% of the paid up capital of the Yes Bank.
- As per RBI’s report titled ‘Developments in India’s Balance of Payments during the third quarter (October-December) of 2019-20’, the Current Account Deficit (CAD) fell to ____ of GDP for Oct-Dec 2019 quarter.
1) $ 1.8 Billion
2) $ 1.4 Billion
3) $ 2.0 Billion
4) $ 0.8 Billion
5) $ 1.2 Billion
Answer-2) $ 1.4 Billion
According to the report “Developments in India’s Balance of Payments during the third quarter (October-December) of 2019-20”, released by Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India’s current account deficit (CAD) fell sharply to $ 1.4 billion, or 0.2 % of GDP (gross domestic product), for the October-December 2019 quarter of the current financial year (FY 2019-20) due to the lower trade deficit.
- Name the person who has been nominated as the Director on Central Board of RBI by Indian Government (March 2020).
1) AB Pandey
2) Anil Yadav
3) Anil Kumar Jha
4) Rajiv Kumar
5) Debasish Panda
Answer-5) Debasish Panda
Shri Debasish Panda, the Secretary, Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, New Delhi, was nominated by the central Government as a Director on the Central Board of Reserve Bank with effect from 11th March 2020.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of iQoo Smart phone (March 2020).
1) Virat Kohli
2) Salman Khan
3) Disha Patani
4) Rohit Sharma
5) Akshay Kumar
Answer-1) Virat Kohli
iQOO (i Quest On and On) named Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador. The brand’s first product in India is iQOO 3, 5G-enabled smartphone. iQOO is a sub-brand of Vivo in China and has entered India as a separate entity & also part of the BBK group. The BBK (Guangdong Bu Bu Gao Electronics Industrial Private Limited) group markets smartphones of 5 brands: Vivo, OnePlus, OPPO, RealMe and iQOO (in India).
- Name the actor who has been appointed as the wildlife ambassador for species that swim by Convention on Migratory Species (CMS) until 2023.
1) Akshay Kumar
2) Randeep Honda
3) Rana Kapoor
4) Amir Khan
5) Anil Kapoor
Answer-2) Randeep Honda
Conventions of Migratory Species (CMS) has appointed ambassadors for representing species that run, fly and swim until 2023. Bollywood Actor Randeep Honda appointed as the ambassador for species that swim (aquatic), while Australian Sacha Dench will be ambassador for the species that fly (avian) and British biologist Ian Redmond will be the ambassador for the species that runs (terrestrial).
- Name the Indian who has been part of iSportconnect’s ‘Influential Women in Sport’ list for 2020.
1) PV Sindhu
2) PT Usha
3) Nita Ambani
4) Preity Zinta
5) Mary Kom
Answer-3) Nita Ambani
Sports business network, iSportconnect released the ‘Influential Women in Sport’ list for 2020, The list has Nita Ambani (only Indian in the list), Serena Williams, Simone Biles, Megan Rapinoe, Ellie Norman, Cathy Engelbert, Fatma Samoura, Mary Davis, Clare Connor, Naomi Osaka.
- Name the Institute which entered into the Limca Book of Records (LBR) for establishing the ‘India’s First Living Culinary Arts Museum’.
1) Delhi Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (DIHM&CT)
2) Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow (IHM-Lucknow)
3) Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA)
4) Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (AIHM&CT)
5) Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
Answer-3) Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA)
Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA) of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) entered the Limca Book of Records (LBR) for establishing “India’s First Living Culinary Arts Museum” at WGSHA, Manipal, Karnataka.
- Name the Institute which organized the 1st regional edition of ‘Divya Kala Shakti event’ held in Chennai, TN (On March 2020).
1) National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD)
2) National Institute of Social Defence (NISD)
3) National Institute for the Orthopaedically Handicapped (NIOH)
4) National Institute of Visually Handicapped (NIVH)
5) Swami Vivekanand National Institute of Rehabilitation,Training & Research (SVNIRTAR)
Answer-1) National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD)
First regional edition of “Divya Kala Shakti Event” (Witnessing the Abilities in Disabilities) held in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN). The event aims to provide a platform for the disabled to exhibit their talents and it was organised by the National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD), in association with the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) and Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Name the person who heads the committee which recommended the concession of commercial operation of train services like Rajdhani/Shatabdi to private parties.
1) Kaushik Basu
2) Abhijit Banerjee
3) Gita Gopinath
4) Bibek Debroy
5) Arvind Panagariya
Answer-4) Bibek Debroy
The committee chaired by Bibek Debroy has recommended concession of commercial operation of train service like Rajdhani/Shatabdi to private parties. Already, Railways proposed to initiate 150 passenger trains through private operators in PPP (Public-private partnership) mode on 100 routes by 2022. In this regard, Ministry of Railways had constituted Group of Secretaries (GoS) under NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant in 2019 to advice on the terms and conditions for private passenger train operators regarding world-class technology and services for the Indian Railways network through PPP mode.
- Name the Telecommunications service company which acquires 10% of equity stake in fitness start-up Spectacom Global Pvt Ltd.
2) Reliance Communications
4) Vodafone India
5) Bharti Airtel
Answer-5) Bharti Airtel
Bharti Airtel Limited (also known as Airtel), an Indian global telecommunications services company, has acquired a 10 % equity stake in fitness start-up Spectacom Global Pvt Ltd, under its ‘Airtel Startup Accelerator Program’, which focuses on supporting growth of early stage Indian startups. However, the company did not reveal how much the deal is worth.
- Which of the following, is the portal of MSME ministry which spreads awareness about the Government schemes.
5) Udyam Shaki
Answer-5) Udyam Shaki
Minister of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME), Nitin Gadkari recently requested the members of Lok Sabha to spread the information about “Udyam Sakhi” Portal for awareness about government schemes and to facilitate the networking of women start-ups, entrepreneurs, investors, incubators, mentors, students and enterprise facilitators.
- The World Athletics council has put the fine of $ 10million to the Athletics Federation of which country for violating the anti-doping rules?
The World Athletics Council fines the Russian Athletics Federation (RusAF) of USD 10 million for violating the anti-doping rules & capped at 10 the number of Authorised Neutral Athletes (ANA) who were allowed to compete in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, other specified World Athletics &European Athletics senior events.
- Dana Zatopkova who passed away recently is related to which sports?
1) Discus Throw
3) Javelin Throw
Answer-3) Javelin Throw
Dana Zatopkova (97), a former Czechoslovak javelin-thrower, passed away on 13th March 2020. She is an Olympic javelin champion, won gold in the Helsinki Olympics in 1952 and won the Olympic silver in Rome in 1960. Helsinki Organizing Committee declared her “the happiest gold medalist”. She served as a coach in 1960 and retired from the role in 1980.
- The World Sleep Day for the year 2020 was celebrated on March 13. The Theme of World Sleep Day 2020 is _____________.
1) Theme: “Healthy Sleep, Healthy Aging”
2) Theme: “Better Sleep, Better Life, Better Planet”
3) Theme: “Join the Sleep World, Preserve Your Rhythms to Enjoy Life”
4) Theme: “Sleep Soundly, Nurture Life”
5) Theme: “Good Sleep is a Reachable Dream”
Answer-2) Theme: “Better Sleep, Better Life, Better Planet”
The World Sleep Day was observed on March 13, 2020. The day creates awareness about the importance of healthy sleep, to lessen the burden of sleep problems on society through better prevention and management of sleep disorders. Theme of the year 2020: “Better Sleep, Better Life, Better Planet”. World Sleep Day will be held on Friday annually before Spring Vernal Equinox of each year.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the Headquarters of World Athletics located at?
- The Headquarters of Convention on Migratory Species (CMS) located at which country?
- Anandiben Patel is the present Governor of which Indian state (March 2020)?
- Who is the present Director General (DG) of World Health Organisation (WHO)?
- Who is the present Chief Minister (CM) of Tripura?
Answer-Biplab Kumar Deb
- The ‘A’ in CAD denotes?
CAD – Current Account Deficit.
- Name the 1st train which is operated by Private player in India.
The Tejas Express, which is India’s first private train run by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]