AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 June 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- The Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN) scheme under the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) celebrated its ______ anniversary in 2022.
5) 3rdAnswer-2) 5th
A Central Government scheme of Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN) i.e. let the country’s typical person fly, is celebrating its fifth anniversary in 2022.
i. This first of its kind scheme, headed by the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA), stimulates Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) through a market-based mechanism to ensures common man to commute between smaller cities in a short time, and at an affordable cost. The Airports Authority of India (AAI) is its implementing agency.
ii. UDAN was Launched in October 2016 and the first UDAN flight was launched on 27th April 2017 from Jubbarhatti Airport, Shimla to Delhi and Currently, over 415 UDAN routes connect 66 underserved/unserved airports, including heliports and water aerodromes. Over 92 lakh people have benefited from the scheme.It has so far resulted in more than 1.79 lakh flights.
iii. MoCA is committed to construct 100 new airports by 2024 in India with 1,000 new routes under the UDAN scheme by 2026.
- Which organisation recently (in June’22) Collaborated with MapmyIndia to enhance the quality of 3D maps?
1) Survey of India
2) National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organization
3) Defence Research and Development Organisation
4) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
5) Indian Space Research OrganisationAnswer- 5) Indian Space Research Organisation
MapmyIndia, subsidiary of CE Info Systems Ltd, has announced a partnership with India’s space agency, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), to enhance the quality of its 3D maps.
MapmyIndia is working on new maps as part of their metaverse venture.
It develops mapping software for the automotive and mobility industries, consumer and business markets. It caters to the Indian market through the MapmyIndia brand, and the international market under the Maapls brand.
- Which institute recently (in June’22) collaborated with the Telecommunications Standards Development Society, India (TSDSI) to organise a conclave on ‘Direct to Mobile and 5G Broadband – Convergence Roadmap for India’?
1) IIT Guwahati
2) IIT Kharagpur
3) IIT Madras
4) IIT Kanpur
5) IIT RoorkeeAnswer-4) IIT Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh(UP) in collaboration with Telecommunications Standards Development Society, India (TSDSI) organised a conclave on ‘Direct to Mobile and 5G Broadband – Convergence Roadmap for India’ at Akashvani Rang Bhawan auditorium of Prasar Bharati in New Delhi, Delhi.
i. The 1st time NextGen Broadcast technology on smart phones and other smart devices were demonstrated and joint white paper on Direct-to-Mobile (D2M) broadcasting by IIT Kanpur, TSDSI and Prasar Bharat, India’s public broadcaster, was released.
ii.D2M technology is based on the convergence of broadband and broadcast, using which mobile phones can receive terrestrial digital TV.
- The ______ Foundation Day of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) was celebrated on 6th June 2022.
5) 25thAnswer-5) 25th
Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) celebrated the Foundation Day of BIMSTEC 2022 or BIMSTEC Day 2022 on 6th June 2022 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. 6th June 2022 also marks the celebration of the 25th foundation Day of BIMSTEC, Silver Jubilee Anniversary(25th anniversary) of the foundation of BIMSTEC.
i. BIMSTEC, the sub-regional organization, came into being on 6th June 1997 through the Bangkok Declaration.
ii. BIMSTEC is a regional organization comprising seven Member States (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand) lying in the littoral and adjacent areas of the Bay of Bengal constituting a contiguous regional unity. The BIMSTEC Secretariat was established in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- In June 2022, XPay.Life launched India’s first blockchain-enabled transaction Unified Payments Interface (UPI) services targeted at rural areas.
XPay.Life is the Fintech startup in _________.
1) Bengaluru, Karnataka
2) Pune, Maharashtra
3) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
4) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
5) Noida, Uttar PradeshAnswer-1) Bengaluru, Karnataka
Bengaluru (Karnataka)-based Fintech startup XPay.Life on the completion of its 3 years of operations, launched India’s first blockchain-enabled transaction Unified Payments Interface (UPI) services.
i. This launch aims to make financial facilities accessible for people in rural areas who need financial support the most.
ii. XPay.Life is aiding Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) & District Co-Operative Banks (DCCBs) to help them bank better and enable true financial inclusion in rural areas with security and no disruption and it is also working with NABARD, NPCI, and Karnataka Government to strengthen digital banking and payments by enabling the last mile link.
Note- Rohit Kumar is the Founder & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of XPay.Life.
- Name the personality who recently (in June ’22) won the 2022 Scripps National Spelling Bee competition held in Maryland, USA.
1) Harini Logan
2) Gokul Venkatachalam
3) Balu Natarajan
4) Vikram Raju
5) Ananya VinayAnswer-1) Harini Logan
Harini Logan, an Indian origin person from San Antonio, Texas, United States of America(USA) won the 2022 Scripps National Spelling Bee competition held in Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland, USA. She has received a USD 50,000 cash prize, a commemorative medal and the Scripps Cup.
i. This marks the 94th edition of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. The 2022 Scripps National Spelling Bee was hosted by LeVar Burton.
ii. She competed against Vikram Raju of Indian origin in the first ever 90 seconds spell-off and spelt 21 words correctly (6 more than Vikram Raju) and won the 2022 championship.
Note- Balu Natarajan was the first person of Indian origin to win the spelling bee competition in 1985.
- Who was recently (in June’22) appointed as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of RBL Bank for a period of 3 years?
1) Ishan Raina
2) Vijay Mahajan
3) Rajeev Ahuja
4) Veena Mankar
5) R SubramaniakumarAnswer-5) R Subramaniakumar
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the appointment of R Subramaniakumar as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of RBL Bank for a period of 3 years with effect from the date of his taking charge, under Section 35B of the Banking Regulation Act 1949.
i. He succeeds Rajeev Ahuja, who was an Interim MD and CEO.
About RBL Bank:
RBL Bank, formerly known as Ratnakar Bank,
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Founded In – 1943
Tagline –Apno Ka Bank
- Who recently (in June ’22) won the Azerbaijan Formula One Grand Prix and became Red Bull’s Most Successful Driver?
1) Max Verstappen
2) George Russell
3) Sergio Pérez
4) Charles Leclerc
5) Sebastian VettelAnswer-1) Max Verstappen
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen, the Belgian-Dutch racing driver won the Azerbaijan Formula One (F1) Grand Prix 2022 held at Baku City Circuit (with a total of 51 laps), Baku, Azerbaijan to extend his Formula One championship lead over Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc (Monaco). Formula One championships are held by Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA).
i. Max Verstappen became the most successful driver in the Red Bull of all time and at present, he has 66 podiums for Red Bull and his 25th career win ties him with Jim Clark and Niki Lauda for ninth on the all-time list.
ii. Red Bull racing driver Sergio Perez (Mexico) stood second in the pole position, followed by him was the Mercedes racing driver George Russell (British).
- What is the theme of World Day Against Child Labour 2022 observed across the globe by the United Nations (UN)’s on 12th June 2022?
1) Generation safe and Healthy
2) End child labour in supply chains – It’s everyone’s business!
3) In conflicts and disasters, protect children from child labour
4) Universal Social Protection to End Child Labour
5) Children shouldn’t work in fields, but on dreamsAnswer-4) Universal Social Protection to End Child Labour
The United Nations(UN)’s World Day Against Child Labour 2022 was observed across the globe on 12th June 2022 with the theme of “Universal Social Protection to End Child Labour”.
i. The day was observed to create awareness about the harmful effects of child labour on individuals. The day also aims to eradicate work that deprives millions of children of their rights to decent education, working conditions and living wages.
ii. The first-ever World Day Against Child Labour was observed on 12th June 2002.
iii. Week of Action against Child Labour, from 3rd to 12th June 2022 has been marked as a part of the celebration of the World Day Against Child Labour.
- In June 2022, a special health care Abhiyan “Anchal” for pregnant women was launched in the Karauli district of which state?
4) West Bengal
5) PunjabAnswer-2) Rajasthan
A special health care Abhiyan “Anchal” for pregnant women was launched in the Karauli district of Rajasthan. This unique scheme, initiated by Ankit Kumar Singh IAS, District Collector & District Magistrate, Karauli, Rajasthan, would benefit more than 13 thousand women.
Aim: To ensure the availability of all medical aid to pregnant women at the pre and post-natal stage to reduce maternal and infant mortality.
Auxiliary Nurse Midwives and Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA) workers will aid pregnant women and provide necessary counselling and treatment.