AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where is NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd planning to set up India’s 1st Green Hydrogen Mobility project?
5) Arunachal Pradesh
NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd (NTPC REL) signed an MoU with the Union Territory of Ladakh to set up India’s 1st Green Hydrogen Mobility project in Ladakh.
i.NTPC will help in developing Green hydrogen & renewable energy based economy, under the idea of ‘Carbon Neutral’ Ladakh.
ii.Gurdeep Singh is the current Chairman & MD of NTPC Ltd
- Name the organisation that partnered with APEDA (in July’21) to promote Agricultural Exports from India
1) National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India
2) Food Corporation of India
3) Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India
4) Federation of Indian Export Organisations
5) Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade
Answer-1) National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India
Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) signed an MoU with National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd (NAFED) to utilize the export potential of agricultural and processed food products of cooperatives, Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), partners and associates.
- Identify the points that are correctly related to incorporation of National Asset Reconstruction Company (NARCL):
A) NARCL is authorised with a paid up capital of Rs 100 crore, where 12% of its share is held by Canara Bank to become the company’s sponsor
B) Former SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar will serve as the Managing Director of NARCL
C) NARCL will house bad loan accounts of INR 10,000 crore or more
1) Only A & B
2) All A, B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A
5) Only A & C
Answer-4) Only A
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has incorporated the ‘National Asset Reconstruction Company (NARCL)’ also known as Bad Banks/Asset Reconstruction Company (ARC) with an authorised capital of INR 100 crore and paid-up capital of INR 74.6 crore.
i.Padmakumar Madhavan Nair, a stressed assets expert from SBI will serve as the Managing Director of NARCL.
ii.NARCL will house bad loan accounts of INR 500 crore or more.
iii.Canara Bank would be the sponsor of NARCL and will hold a 12% equity, other large public sector banks will hold less than 10% each in NARCL.
- Name the insurance company that announced 1st of its insurance policy on High-Altitude ‘Yaks’:
1) Life Insurance Corporation
2) National Insurance Company
3) United India Insurance
4) Reliance General Insurance
5) Oriental Insurance Company
Answer-2) National Insurance Company
The National Research Centre on Yak (NRCY) at Dirang in Arunachal Pradesh has tied up with National Insurance Company Ltd (NICL) to provide an insurance policy for the 1st time to insure the highly valuable High-Altitude Yaks against the risks.
Establishment – 1906
Headquarters – Kolkata, West Bengal
Director – Shri Sanjiv Chadha
- Where was India’s 1st Cryptogamic Garden recently (in July’21) inaugurated?
1) Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
2) Jaipur, Rajasthan
3) Hubli, Karnataka
4) Rajkot, Gujarat
5) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
Answer-5) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
India’s 1st Cryptogamic Garden which has nearly 50 species of Lichens, Ferns and Fungi was inaugurated at Dehradun, Uttarakhand. It was inaugurated by social activist Anoop Nautiyal.
- The Central Government is planning to construct India’s 2nd longest expressway – Ganga Expressway, connecting the cities of ___________ & ______________.
1) Delhi; Kolkata
2) Delhi; Prayagraj
3) Noida; Kolkata
4) Meerut; Kolkata
5) Meerut; Prayagraj
Answer-5) Meerut; Prayagraj
Ganga Expressway, a 594 km long expressway covering important cities of Uttar Pradesh is set to be constructed in September 2021. The planned expressway is the 2nd longest in India, with 6 lanes covering Uttar Pradesh from Meerut to Prayagraj.
- Which is the 1st Foreign Country to implement India’s BHIM UPI standards for its QR deployment?
3) Sri Lanka
NPCI International Payments Ltd (NIPL), in partnership with the Royal Monetary Authority (RMA) of Bhutan implemented the Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) Unified Payments Interface (UPI) QR-based payments in Bhutan.
i.Bhutan became the 1st country to adopt India’s UPI standards for its QR deployment
- Who is the only Indian to be the part of WHO’s Expert Advisory Committee that framed the report – ‘Human Genome Editing- Recommendation’?
1) Maneesha S Inamdar
2) Soumya Swaminathan
3) Indra Mani Pandey
4) Balram Bhargava
5) Gagandeep Kang
Answer-1) Maneesha S Inamdar
WHO Expert Advisory Committee on Developing Global Standards for Governance and Oversight of Human Genome Editing has released the two new reports namely ‘Human Genome Editing- Recommendation’ and ‘Human genome editing: a Framework for Governance’.
i.Indian stem cell and developmental biologist Professor Maneesha S Inamdar is a part of this committee.
- ______________________ became the 1st Indian to be appointed as the Honorary Consul General of Vietnam, and he was appointed for the state of ____________
1) N.S. Srinivasa Murthy; Tamil Nadu
2) Taranjit Sandhu; Karnataka
3) N.S. Srinivasa Murthy; Karnataka
4) Pranay Verma; Karnataka
5) Pranay Verma; Tamil Nadu
Answer-3)N.S. Srinivasa Murthy; Karnataka
Vietnam’s Minister of Foreign Affairs appointed N.S.Srinivasa Murthy as the Honorary Consul General of Vietnam for Bangalore, Karnataka through the Vietnamese Embassy in India. He is the 1st honorary consul general of Vietnam from India and the 19th across the world.
- Who authored the book, “The Long Game: How the Chinese Negotiate with India”?
1) N.S. Srinivasa Murthy
2) Taranjit Sandhu
3) Vijay Keshav Gokhale
4) Pranay Verma
5) Rudrendra Tandon
Answer-3) Vijay Keshav Gokhale
Vijay Keshav Gokhale former Foreign Secretary of India has authored a new book titled “The Long Game: How the Chinese Negotiate with India”. The book is focused on diplomacy and China’s method of operations in diplomatic negotiations.