AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the Saryu Nahar National Project?
A) In December 2021, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the project in Bageshwar, Uttarakhand
B) The Saryu canal project also involves interlinking of 5 rivers viz. Ghaghara, Saryu, Rapti, Banganga and Rohini
C) Saryu Nahar National Project was initially launched in 1978 & In 2016, it was brought under the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY).
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
In December 2021, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the project in Balrampur, Uttar Pradesh & it will cover nine Eastern UP districts.
i. The Saryu canal project also involves interlinking of five rivers viz. Ghaghara, Saryu, Rapti, Banganga and Rohini to ensure optimum usage of water resources of the region.
ii. Saryu Nahar National Project was initially launched in 1978 & In 2016, it was brought under the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY).
- In December 2021, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry accepted the proposal to rename Bihar Makhana as _____________ and retain its Geographical Identification (GI) tag.
1) Bhojpuri Makhana
2) Mithila Makhana
3) Anga Makhana
4) Tirhut Makhana
5) Magadh MakhanaAnswer-2) Mithila Makhana
The Geographical Indications Registry (GIR) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry accepted the proposal to rename Bihar Makhana as Mithila Makhana and retain its Geographical Identification (GI) tag.
• It also suggested amendments in the brand logo to highlight its origins and protect the product’s Geographical Indications (GI) rights.
• The Sabour based Bihar Agriculture University (BAU) initiated an application on behalf of the Mithilanchal Makhana Utpadak Sangh (MMUS) to name their produce as Mithila Makhana for the welfare of fox nut growers in the Mithila region.
- In December 2021, ___________ of Uttar Pradesh was recognized as ________ Ramsar site in India.
1) Mansar Lake; 48th
2) Harike Wetland; 47th
3) Bhoj Wetland; 46th
4) Haiderpur Wetland; 47th
5) Bhoj Wetland; 48thAnswer-4) Haiderpur Wetland; 47th
Haiderpur Wetland, the human-made wetland of around 6908 hectares in Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh(UP) has been recognised as the 47th Ramsar Site of India and 2,463rd site internationally.
• The wetland is located within the boundaries of Hastinapur Wildlife Sanctuary, Uttar Pradesh.
About Convention on Wetlands:
Secretary General– Martha Rojas Urrego
Headquarters– Gland, Switzerland
- India was ranked ___________ on International Institute for Management Development (IMD) “2021 World Talent Ranking”, while ________ topped the list.
1) 56th; Switzerland
2) 58th; Norway
3) 56th; Sweden
4) 58th; Denmark
5) 65th; NorwayAnswer-1) 56th; Switzerland
India has ranked 56th on the International Institute for Management Development (IMD) 2021 World Talent Ranking, while Switzerland tops the ranking followed by Sweden.
• The ranking is published by the IMD World Competitiveness Center.
• In the Peer Group Ranking – Asia – Pacific, India has ranked 12th.
- In December 2021, Which organization projected a 12% increase in credit potential of Assam to INR 36,292 crore for the 2022-23 FY ?
1) NITI Aayog
5) SEBIAnswer-4) NABARD
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) projected a 12% increase in credit potential of Assam to INR 36,292 crore for the 2022-23 financial year (FY).
• The amount will be used as a base for preparation of the annual credit plan for priority sector lending (PSL) for FY23.
About National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD):
Chairman- G.R Chintala
Founded-12 July 1982
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Who won the Miss Universe 2021 title at the 70th Edition of the Miss Universe in Eilat, Israel to become the 3rd Indian Miss Universe?
1) Manushi Chhillar
2) Anukreethy Vas
3) Meenakshi Chaudhary
4) Harnaaz Sandhu
5) Nehal ChudasamaAnswer-4) Harnaaz Sandhu
Indian Actor & Model, Harnaaz Sandhu from Chandigarh, Punjab, has been crowned Miss Universe 2021 at the 70th Edition of the Miss Universe Competition held in Eilat, Israel.
• Harnaaz Sandhu became the 3rd Indian to be crowned Miss Universe after Sushmita Sen, the 1st Indian to win Miss Universe (1994) and Lara Dutta (Miss Universe 2000).
- Which of the following Organisations recently (in Dec’21) flight-tested the Helicopter-launched Stand-off Anti-Tank (SANT) Missile from Pokhran Range, Rajasthan?
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer- 5) Both 2 & 3
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully flight-tested the indigenously designed and developed Helicopter launched Stand-off Anti-tank (SANT) Missile from the Pokhran range in Rajasthan.
• It should be noted that it is for the first time that this was launched from a Russian origin Mi-35 helicopter gunship.
• It has been designed and developed by Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad in coordination with other DRDO labs and participation from industries.
- India test-fired a long-range Supersonic Missile Assisted Torpedo (SMART) off the coast of Balasore in Odisha that was developed by which Organisation?
1) Indian Air Force
2) Indian Army
5) HALAnswer-4) DRDO
India has successfully test-fired a long-range Supersonic Missile Assisted Torpedo (SMART) off the coast of Balasore in Odisha.
• The SMART will enhance anti-submarine warfare capability far beyond the conventional range of the torpedo.
• The weapon system is a next-generation missile-based standoff torpedo delivery system, being developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the Indian Navy.
- Who won Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021 & to win his 1st F1 World Driver Championship 2021?
1) Yuki Tsunoda
2) Carlos Sainz
3) Lewis Hamilton
4) Max Verstappen
5) Pierre GaslyAnswer-4) Max Verstappen
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen (Netherlands) clinched the Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021 by defeating Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton (United Kingdom) at the Yas Marina Circuit on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
• Max Verstappen won his first Formula One (F1) World Driver Championship.
• Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021 was the 22nd & final round of the 2021 F1 World Championship.
- What is the theme International Universal Health Coverage Day (UHC Day) is annually observed across the globe by the UN on 12th December?
1) Universal Health Coverage: everyone, everywhere
2) Leave No One’s Health Behind
3) Health for all – Protect everyone
4) Keep the Promise
5) Everyone Health is ImportantAnswer-2) Leave No One’s Health Behind
International Universal Health Coverage Day (UHC Day) is annually observed across the globe by the United Nation on 12th December to create awareness about the need for strong and resilient health systems and Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
The theme of UHC Day 2021 is “Leave No One’s Health Behind: Invest in health systems for all.”
The 1st official International Universal Health Coverage Day was observed on 12th December 2018.