AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the 1st Indian state which gets ICMR approval to conduct clinical-trial of plasma therapy treatment (for SCTIMST) for COVID-19.
5) Tamil Nadu
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has given approval to Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, to commence clinical trial convalescent plasma therapy treatment. Therefore, Kerala becomes the first state in the country to start clinical trial plasma therapy treatment.
- Which organisation organizes ‘Break the CORONA chain’ campaign on ground zero of various Indian states?
1) Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED)
2) Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO)
3) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
4) Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)
5) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
Answer- 2) Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO)
Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO) one of India’s biggest cooperative societies has continuously organized a social awareness campaign,‘Break the CORONA Chain’ on Ground zero in different states across the country to highlight the preventive and precautionary measures among the people.
- Name the Indian state which has launched ‘Food Bank’ initiative with the theme ‘Help End Hunger Today’ for poor and needy people.
2) Arunachal Pradesh
The Imphal East District Administration of Manipur state Government has launched a new initiative “Food Bank” based on the theme ‘Help End Hunger Today’ with the aim to provide free food to the poor people who are severely affected in getting essential commodities due to the long statewide lockdown in view of the threat of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) along with Russia has agreed to reduce the production of crude oil amid COVID-19. Where is HQ of OPEC located?
1) New York, United States
2) Geneva, Switzerland
3) Vienna, Austria
4) Sydney, Australia
5) London, United Kingdom
3) Vienna, AustriaAnswer-
In view of the fall in crude prices due to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC – Vienna, Austria (HQ)), an intergovernmental organization of 13 nations, and allies allies including Russia — a group known as OPEC+, have agreed to cut crude production by 9.7 million barrels per day (bpd) from May 1,2020 and will extend through the end of June 2020.
- What will be the drop in global trade as per Annual Trade Statistics and Outlook Report released by World Trade Organisation (WTO – Geneva, Switzerland) for the year 2020?
Answer- 1) 13-32%
World Trade Organisation (WTO) has released Annual Trade Statistics and Outlook Report has projected that the global trade is to fall by 13%-32% in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, as it disrupts the normal economic activity and life around the world.
- Name the private sector bank which has extended the bancassurance with Max Life Insurance for 5 more years & Dedicated FY21 as “Year of the Customer”.
1) YES Bank
2) IDBI Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) IndusInd Bank
Answer-1) YES Bank
Max Life Insurance and YES Bank have extended their 15 years strategic bancassurance partnership for five more years. In this regard, the both companies dedicated the current financial year i.e. FY 2020-21 as the “Year of the Customer”. As a part of partnership, the products of the life insurer sold through the branches of Yes Bank. Customers are offered with a broad range of need-based products and services.
- What is the annual global share of production of Hydroxychloroquine by India as per Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance (IPA)?
India has become the largest producer and exporter of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), the most talked out medicine to curb the COVID-19 disease, with 70% of annual global production as per Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance (IPA).
- As per “South Asia Economic Focus: The cursed blessing of public banks report”, Indian economy will grow at 1.5 – 2.8% for FY21. Name the organisation which released the report.
1) World Economic Forum (WEF)
2) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
3) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
4) World Trade Organisation (WTO)
5) World Bank (WB)
Answer-5) World Bank (WB)
World Bank (WB) in its “South Asia Economic Focus: The cursed blessing of public banks report” has projected that FY 2020-2021 (started April 1, 2020) is likely to be the India’s worst growth per former fiscal year since 1991 due to the severe economic disruptions caused due to COVID-19 impact. For 2020-21, Indian economy is expected to grow 1.5% to 2.8% which is lower than the 5.4 – 4.1% estimate of October 2019.For FY 2019-20 (ended on March 31, 2020), it expected a growth of 4.8% to 5% which is trimmed by 1.2 – 1% estimate made in October 2019.
- Name the Bollywood actress who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of JBL campaign titled ”Live it Real, Live it Raw”.
1) Alia Bhatt
2) Priyanka Chopra
3) Deepika Padukone
4) Anushka Sharma
5) Sara Ali Khan
Answer-5) Sara Ali Khan
The Bollywood actress Sara Ali Khan has been appointed as the brand ambassador of the extension of audio equipment maker, James Bullough Lansing (JBL)’s campaign -”Live it Real, Live it Raw” which went live with the 1st commercial featuring Ranveer Singh.
- Name the person who heads the 7-member committee (Formed by UGC of MHRD) that look after the examination & academic calendar of students that affected due to Covid-19.
1) Omprakash Mishra
2) R.C. Kuhad
3) Kiran Bir Sethi
4) Anil Pradhan
5) Safeena Husain
Answer-2) R.C. Kuhad
University Grants Commission (UGC) has constituted 2 expert committees to look after the examinations & academic calendar, and to promote online learning amidst the lockdown due to COVID-19.
1st Committee- It is a 7-member committee headed by the vice-chancellor of the Central University of Haryana- R.C. Kuhad, to look after the examination & academic calendar of students as Indian education system came to a standstill due to suspended classes, postponed examinations, and closed campuses.
2nd Committee- It is formed in relation to students, teachers and the education system as a whole & also to promote online education.
- Name the person who heads the 25-member development council constituted by DPIIT under commerce and Industry ministry for pulp, paper and allied industries.
1) Prakash Verma
2) T A Vijayan
3) A S Mehta
4) Tapan Roy
5) Rajiv Sharman
Answer-3) A S Mehta
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), a central government department under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, has constituted a 25-member Development Council for the development of pulp, paper and allied industries (DCPPAI) headed by A S Mehta, the President of J K Paper Ltd, New Delhi, with an objective to increase the growth of this sector.
- Central Bank of which country has bought 1.01% stake in HDFC Bank?
1) Switzerland – Swiss National Bank
2) UK- Bank of England
3) USA – Federal Reserve
4) China – People’s Bank of China
5) Austria – European Central Bank
Answer-4) China – People’s Bank of China
People’s Bank of China (PBOC) increased its stake in Housing Development Finance Corp Limited (HDFC) to 1.01% from 0.8%on behalf of the Chinese sovereign wealth fund SAFE. With this, now China’s central bank holds 1,74,92,909 crore equity shares in HDFC Ltd in accordance with the quarterly (ending March 2020) shareholding pattern disclosure by the latter to the stock exchanges.
- Name the Indian Ministry which has launched the web portal named ‘YUKTI’ to record and monitor the effectiveness and initiatives of the ministry.
1) Ministry of Finance
2) Ministry of External Affairs
3) Ministry of Communications
4) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
5) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
Answer-5) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
Union Minister for Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank” has launched a web-portal YUKTI (Young India Combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation) in New Delhi that will monitor and record the efforts and initiatives of MHRD. Its objective is to keep a high-quality learning environment for the academic community during this COVID-19 threat.
- Atal Innovation Mission – NITI Aayog – National Informatics Centre (NIC) jointly launched CollabCAD in ATL schools. Who is the present CEO of NITI Aayog?
1) AB Pandey
2) Rajiv Kumar
3) Amitabh Kant
4) AK Sinha
Answer-3) Amitabh Kant
Atal Innovation Mission, NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog and National Informatics Centre (NIC) jointly launched CollabCAD in ATL (Atal Tinkering Lab) schools. The CollabCAD online tool was launched via social media by Shri R Ramanan, Mission Director Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog. CEO of NITI Aayog is Amitabh Kant.
- Department of Science and Technology has funded which Start-up to develop Immunodiagnostic kits & Active Virosome (AV)-Vaccine for COVID-19.
3) Seagull BioSolutions
4) Bharat Biotech
Answer-3) Seagull BioSolutions
The Department of Science &Technology (DST) has funded a Pune based startup, Seagull BioSolutions Private Limited (SBPL) is supported under Seed Support System of the Technology Development Board (TDB) to develop Immunodiagnostic kits & Active Virosome (AV)-Vaccine for COVID-19 emergencies.
- What is the name of herbal dewormer developed by National Innovation Foundation India (NIF) by livestock owners?
National Innovation Foundation India (NIF) has developed “wormivet” an indigenous herbal medication (dewormer) in form of commercial product for livestock owners as an alternative to chemical method of treatment of worms. This dewormer will treat endoparasite (worm) infestation among livestock which was found to be unique.
- Name the country which is going to host Asian Boxing Championships 2020 in November-December 2020.
According to the Boxing Federation of India’s (BFI) Executive Director R K Sacheti, India will host the Women’s and Men’s Asian Boxing Championships 2020 in November-December as he expressed confidence that by then the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic would have been completely under control.However, the host city will be decided by BFI after things return to normal.
- Filmmaker Nobuhiko Obayashi who passed away in April 2020 belongs to which country?
1) South Korea
Nobuhiko Obayashi, was a Japanese director, screenwriter, editor films and television advertisements passed away at the age of 82 in Tokyo, Japan. He was born on January 9, 1938, in Onomichi, Japan.
- Stirling Craufurd Moss who is in news in April 2020 is related to which sports?
3) Motor sport
Answer-3) Motor sport
The legend of motor sport Sir Stirling Craufurd Moss passed away at 90 after a long illness at his Mayfair, London, England. He was born on 17th September 1929 in West Kensington, London, England.
- Ashok H Desai who passed away recently, held which among the following post during his life?
1) Comptroller and Auditor General
2) RBI Governor
3) Chairman of NCLAT
4) Chief Justice of India
5) Attorney General of India
Answer-5) Attorney General of India
The former Attorney General and Senior Advocate practicing in the Supreme Court of India (SC) Ashok H. Desai passed away at 77. He was born on 24th June 1942, Nagpur, Maharashtra.He was the Solicitor General of India from 18th December 1989 to 2nd December 1990. Held office as Attorney General of India from 9th July 1996 to 6th May 1998.
- International Day of Human space flight was observed annually on _______.
1) April 6
2) April 11
3) April 8
4) April 12
5) April 15
Answer-4) April 12
The international day of human space flight is observed across the world annually on April 12 to celebrate the space age for the human race to reaffirm the vital role of space science and technology in achieving sustainable development goals and improve the well-being of states, people, and to realize the ambition of maintaining the space for peaceful purposes.
- When was National Pet day celebrated on every year?
1) April 11
2) April 29
3) April 4
4) March 29
5) May 6
Answer-1) April 11
National Pet Day is celebrated every year on April 11, to create public awareness about animals that currently live in shelters and rescues and are in need of a forever home. History of the Pet day: National pet day was founded in 2006 by Colleen Paige, who is a renowned animal welfare advocate and lifestyle expert.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Anak Krakatau volcano located in which country?
Indonesia’s Anak Krakatau volcano spewed a column of ash 500 metres (1,640 feet) into the sky in the longest eruption since the explosive collapse of the island caused a deadly tsunami in 2018, scientists said on April 11, 2020.
- Meru Jatra festival was celebrated in which Indian state?
Odisha’s Ganjam district administration has banned the Meru Jatra festival and congregations related to it at temples on the occasion ofMahavishub Sankranti on April 13, 2020 Meru Jatra marks the end of 21-day-long festival of penance named ‘Danda Nata’. Mahavishub Sankranti is also start of the Odia New Year.
- Bhogapuram Airport is located in which Indian state?
GMR Airports Limited (GAL), a subsidiary of GMR Infrastructure Ltd, announced that it has received the Letter of Award (LoA) for the development and operations of a greenfield international airport at Bhogapuram in Andhra Pradesh from the State government.
- Which Indian department has organised 11th Bengaluru INDIA Nano 2020 conference?
Answer-Department of Science and Technology
11th Bengaluru INDIA Nano conference and exhibition showcased technologies and products developed by academia and companies in nanotechnology. The three-day event was organised by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of Karnataka and Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), in association with other Govt Institutions and corporate companies. JNCASR is an autonomous institution of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Premamati Tomb is in which Indian state?
Premamati & Taramati tombs are part of Hyderabad, Telangana was restored recently.
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) – Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI) located in which Indian state?
Answer-Durgapur, West Bengal
In an attempt at providing new technologies to contain the spread of COVID-19, the Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI), Durgapur, West bengala laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), has developed low-cost disinfection walkways. The walkway, which costs about Rs 1.5 lakh.
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]