AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 & 15 November 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 –Click Here to Download the APP
- Army Chief General Prabhu Ram Sharma was conferred with the honorary rank of ‘General of the Indian Army’ by President Ram Nath Kovind. Which country does he belong to?
5) AfghanistanAnswer-1) Nepal
Nepal Army Chief General Prabhu Ram Sharma was conferred with the honorary rank of ‘General of the Indian Army’ by President Ram Nath Kovind at a ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. (It is a continuation of a tradition that started in 1950).
Capital – Kathmandu
Currency – Nepalese rupee
President – Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Which Organisation signed a MoU with Oil India Limited (in Nov’21) to develop indigenous technologies in the Energy sector?
1) IIT- Madras
2) IIT- Delhi
3) IIT- Indore
4) IIT- Ropar
5) IIT- GuwahatiAnswer-5) IIT- Guwahati
IIT- Guwahati signed a MoU with Oil India Limited to develop new technologies in energy and related sectors.
• The MoU was signed by Prof. T.G. Sitharam, Director of IIT Guwahati, and Sasanka Pratim Deka, Executive Director of OIL.
- Which Organization launched the International Methane Emissions Observatory at the G20 Summit 2021 along with the European Commission (in Nov’21) to Curb Methane Gas Emission?
1) World Bank
4) Global Environment Facility
5) UNDPAnswer-2) UNEP
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) with support from the European Commission launched the International Methane Emissions Observatory (IMEO) at the Group of Twenty (G20) Summit 2021.
IMEO is hosted by UNEP & is budgeted at EUR 100 million over five years. Its aim is to slash methane emissions by 30 per cent by 2030.
- Which Bank integrated with the eNAM (in Nov’21) to enable digital collections and settlement of funds to various eNAM beneficiaries?
1) ICICI Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) IDBI Bank
5) IndusInd BankAnswer-3) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank integrated with the National Agriculture Market (eNAM) to enable digital collections and settlement of funds to various agricultural transactions carried out through eNAM beneficiaries.
• HDFC Bank partnered with Small Farmers Agri-Business Consortium (SFAC) to further improve the ease of doing business on e-NAM platform by offering the Multi-Netbanking, Debit card, NEFT/RTGS and UPI/IMPS collection modes.
- National Statistical Office (NSO) projected All India Consumer Price Index (CPI) based Inflation Rate for October 2021 at ________ (in Nov’21).
1) 4.48 %
2) 3.25 %
3) 4.35 %
4) 3.47 %
5) 5.62 %Answer-1) 4.48 %
National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) has released the All India Consumer Price Index (CPI) (with Base 2012) & Consumer Food Price Index (CFPI) for Rural (R), Urban (U) and Combined (C) for the month of October 2021.
As per the release, India’s retail inflation rate, measured by the CPI increased in October 2021 to 4.48 percent year-on-year from 4.35 percent in September 2021 due to a rise in food prices.
Note – In October 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) projected the CPI inflation for the financial year 2022 at 5.3 percent.
About Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI): Minister of State (Independent Charge) – Rao Inderjit Singh (Gurugram, Haryana).
- Who was appointed as the new Secretary General of the Upper House of Parliament (as of Nov’21)?
1) Desh Deepak Verma
2) PC Mody
3) Kamlapati Tripathi
4) PPK Ramacharyulu
5) Mukhtar Abbas NaqviAnswer-2) PC Mody
PC Mody, the former chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), was appointed as the new Secretary General of Upper House (Rajya Sabha) for a 1-year term. He will succeed PPK Ramacharyulu, present Advisor in the Rajya Sabha Secretariat for 1-year term.
• The Chairman of Rajya Sabha, M Venkaiah Naidu, who is the appointing authority made the appointment of PC Mody.
- Who was appointed to the International Law Commission (ILC) from India for a five-year term (in Nov’21)?
1) Radhabinod Pal
2) Sir Benegal N. Rau
3) Bimal Patel
4) Pemmaraju Sreenivasa Rao
5) Narinder SinghAnswer-3) Bimal Patel
The Vice-Chancellor of Rashtriya Raksha University and Member of National Security Advisory Board (NSA) of India, Professor Bimal Patel elected to the International Law Commission (ILC) for a five-year term starting from January 1, 2023 to 2027.
Note – The International Law Commission (ILC) was founded by the United Nations in 1947.
- Who won the Men’s Singles event in Vienna Open 2021 that was held at Vienna, Austria (in Oct’21)?
1) Frances Tiafoe
2) Kevin Anderson
3) Andrey Rublev
4) Alexander Zverev
5) Dominic ThiemAnswer-4) Alexander Zverev
Alexander Zverev, a German professional tennis player, won the 18th overall at the Vienna Open 2021 or Erste Bank Open 2021 & fifth in ATP title of the season(2021) defeating Frances Tiafoe of United States of America(USA).
- What are the points that are correct with respect to World Kindness Day 2021?
A) World Kindness Day is annually observed across the globe on November 11 to promote the importance of being kind to animals and natural resources.
B) World Kindness Day was introduced by the World Kindness Movement(WKM) and the day became an annual observance in 1999.
C) The idea of World Kindness day originated during the first conference of the World Kindness movement hosted in 1997 in Tokyo, Japan.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
World Kindness Day is annually observed across the globe on November 13 to promote the importance of being kind to each other, yourself and to the world.
• The declaration to establish the WKM was adopted on 20th September 1997 at the first conference held in Tokyo, Japan during which Japan brought together like-minded kindness organizations from across the globe.
- Name the healthcare scheme that was launched by Gujarat Cabinet (in Nov’21) to protect people over 30-years from Non-Communicable diseases.
1) Atmanirbhar Gram Yatra
2) Janshree Bima Yojana
3) Niramay Gujarat Yojana
4) Aarogyasri Gujarat Yojana
5) Aam Aadmi Bima YojanaAnswer-3) Niramay Gujarat Yojana
The CM of Gujarat, Bhupendra Patel launched a new healthcare scheme named – ‘Niramay Gujarat Yojana’ to protect people over 30-years from Non-Communicable diseases. The scheme targets to cover over 3 crore citizens of Gujarat.
Gujarat Cabinet is also set to launch ‘Atmanirbhar Gram Yatra’, a programme under which Rs 500 crore worth development works will be conducted in rural districts of Gujarat.
Governor – acharya devvrat
Monuments – rani ki vav (queen’s stepwell); somnath temple; dwarkadhish temple lothal, known as the “manchester of indus valley civilization” is located in gujarat.