AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 & 15 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which country signed an MoU (in Mar’21) with National High-Speed Rail Corporation Ltd (NHSRCL) to provide technological support for India’s 1st Bullet Train Project between Mumbai & Ahmedabad?
5) USAAnswer-3) Japan
National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) & Japan Railway Track Consultant Co. Limited (JRTC) virtually signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Track works in the 237-km stretch between Vadodara & Vapi in Gujarat for the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail (MAHSR) also known as Bullet Train Project. It will strengthen the ‘Make in India’ initiative & ensure the transfer of technology from the Japanese high-speed rail system to India.
- Which country is set to receive (as of Mar’21) two 3000 Horse Power (HP) Cape Gauge Locomotive, that was Indigenously developed by Indian Railways production unit at Varanasi?
5) AngolaAnswer-1) Mozambique
Minister of Railways, Piyush Goyal Virtually flagged off the two 3000 Horse Power (HP) Cape Gauge Locomotives for export to Mozambique. It was indigenously developed by Banaras Locomotive Works (BLW), Varanasi, a production unit of Indian Railways. This is BLW’s first AC-AC traction system 3000 HP, Cape Gauge locomotive. This export will boost the Indo-African relationship.
Capital – Maputo
Currency – Mozambican metical (MZN)
President – Filipe Nyusi
- From which Indian state, a new passenger train service is set to launch to Dhaka, Bangladesh from the 26th March 2021 marking the 50th Anniversary of the liberation of Bangladesh?
2) West Bengal
5) MeghalayaAnswer-2) West Bengal
A new passenger train service between Dhaka, Bangladesh and New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India is set to start from the 26th of March 2021 marking the 50th Anniversary of the liberation of Bangladesh. The direct train between Dhaka and New Jalpaiguri will run through the Chilahati-Haldibari cross-border rail route.
- As per PwC’s 24th Annual Global CEO Survey, India emerged as the _______ most attractive growth destination in the world.
5) 4thAnswer-2) 5th
According to PwC’s (PricewaterhouseCoopers) 24th Annual Global CEO Survey, India emerged as the 5th most attractive growth destination in the world. India has slipped one position to 5th, after being surpassed by the United Kingdom which took the 4th Position. The USA emerged as the Number one market favoured by CEOs over the next 1 year followed by China, Germany. Japan took the 6th position overtaking Australia.
- PM Modi participated in the 1st-ever Leader-Level Summit of QUAD countries that was held virtually. Which of the following decisions were taken during the summit?
i. Provide 1bn doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Asia by 2022
ii. Organizing a Climate working group
iii. Creating a Travel bubble among the Quad Countries
iv. Co-operation towards an ‘open’ & ‘free’ Indo-Pacific region
1) Only i & iii
2) Only ii & iv
3) Only i, ii & iii
4) Only i, ii & iv
5) All i, ii, iii & ivAnswer-4) Only i, ii & iv
On March 12 2021, The 1st-ever Leader-Level Summit of 4 QUAD (Quadrilateral Security Dialogue) countries – India, Japan, USA & Australia took place virtually.
· The 4 Countries agreed to work towards an ‘open’ & ‘free’ Indo-Pacific region.
· Organizing a Climate working group for technology, capacity building & climate finance.
· The leaders plan to send 1 Billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines across Asia by 2022.
- In March 2021, SEBI set the maximum limit for investments made by Mutual Funds (MF’s) Schemes to _____ in debt instruments with special features & ____ in a single issuer.
1) 20%, 10%
2) 10%, 5%
3) 15%, 5%
4) 5%, 10%
5) 5%, 15%Answer-2) 10%, 5%
On March 10, 2021, The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in its circular set a limit for investments made by Mutual Funds (MF’s) Schemes to a maximum of 10% in debt instruments with special features such as Additional Tier-I (AT1) bonds & maximum 5% in a single issuer; also stated that the maturity for perpetual bonds as 100 years. The limits will be applicable only to new investments beginning 1 April.
- Who authored the Bengali book, “Eka Eka Ekashi” that received the Sahitya Akademi Award 2020?
1) Arundhathi Subramaniam
2) Mani Shankar Mukhopadhyay
3) M Veerappa Moily
5) R.S. BaskarAnswer-2) Mani Shankar Mukhopadhyay
In March, 2020 Bengali author Mani Shankar Mukhopadhyay popularly known as Shankar has received the Sahitya Akademi Award 2020 for his memoirs titled “Eka Eka Ekashi”.
Notably, M Veerappa Moily, Former Chief Minister of Karnataka and Congress Leader has also won the award for his Kannada epic poem title “Sri Bahubali Ahimsa Digvijayam”.
- Who recently (in Mar’21) became the 1st Indian to receive the Asia Environmental Enforcement Award that was presented by the UN for 2020?
1) Sasmita Lenka
2) Sanjay Kumar
3) Rajiv Gauba
4) Meenakshi Menon
5) Aviram RozinAnswer-1) Sasmita Lenka
Sasmita Lenka, Divisional Forest Officer, Athagarh Forest Division, Odisha received the United Nations’s 2020 Asia Environmental Enforcement Awards under the category Impact and Gender Leadership. She became the first Indian to receive the award. The 2020 theme of the 5th edition Asia Environmental Enforcement Awards “Fighting Transboundary Environmental Crimes”. Wildlife Crime Control Bureau of India won the award under Innovation category.
- In March 2021, India’s ISRO & its Japanese counterpart JAXA reviewed the progress of the Joint Lunar Polar Exploration (LUPEX) mission. When is LUPEX targeted to land on the Moon’s south pole?
5) 2024Answer-5) 2024
The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) & Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) virtually reviewed the progress made under the Joint Lunar Polar Exploration (LUPEX) mission. LUPEX is a robotic Lunar mission that aims to send a lander and rover to the Moon’s south pole in the year 2024. Under the LUPEX mission, JAXA will provide an under-development H3 Launch Vehicle; ISRO will be responsible for providing the lander system.
- Which mobile app was launched by the Department of Food & Public Distribution to provide ration under the ‘One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC)’ plan?
1) Bharat Ration
2) Mera Ration
3) One Nation One Ration
4) Atmanirbhar Ration
5) e-PDS RationAnswer-2) Mera Ration
On March 12, 2021, the Department of Food & Public Distribution, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution launched the ‘Mera Ration’ Mobile app under the ‘One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC)’ plan. It aims to benefit ration card holders who move to new areas for livelihoods. The mobile app has been developed by the Department of Food & Public Distribution along with the National Informatics Centre (NIC).