AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 & 15 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the 16th edition of ‘India Digital Summit (IDS) 2022’?
A) The Ministry of Science and Technology addressed the 16th IDS 2022 with the theme of “Startups in India”.
B) The Summit was organized by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) in virtual mode.
C) During the summit a report named – “Creating 10 million Digitally Enabled Microentrepreneurs” was launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
Ministry of Commerce & Industry addressed the 16th IDS 2022 with the theme of Supercharging Startups.
i. The Summit was organized by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
ii. During the summit, Creating 10 million Digitally Enabled Microentrepreneurs reports was launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
iii. He also unveiled ‘LEAP’ (“Leverage, Encourage, Access & Promote”) as the way forward for Startups.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the “Annual Report of the Ombudsman Schemes for 2020-21” released by RBI in January 2022?
A) The report has been prepared for the 5 month period from December 1, 2020, to April 31, 2021.
B) The Report covers the activities under the Banking Ombudsman Scheme (BOS), Ombudsman Scheme for Non-Banking Financial Companies (OSNBFC) & the Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions (OSDT).
C) The volume of complaints received under all the 3 Ombudsman Schemes increased by 22.27 percent.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
The report has been prepared for the 9-month period from July 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021, in alignment with the Financial Year of RBI April – March.
i. The Report covers the activities under the Banking Ombudsman Scheme(BOS), the Ombudsman Scheme for Non-Banking Financial Companies (OSNBFC) and the Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions (OSDT).
ii. The volume of complaints received under all the 3 Ombudsman Schemes increased by 22.27 percent.
- Which of the following Mutual Funds was recently (in Jan’22) renamed as the “White Oak Capital Mutual Fund”?
1) Axis Mutual Fund
2) YES Mutual Fund
3) Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund
4) IDBI Mutual Fund
5) Edelweiss Mutual FundAnswer-2) YES Mutual Fund
YES Asset Management has been renamed as the White Oak Capital Asset Management with effect from 12th January 2022. In line with this, Yes Mutual Fund has been renamed as White Oak Capital Mutual Fund.
i. In November 2021, the White Oak Capital group announced the completion of the transaction to acquire the mutual fund business of Yes Bank.
ii. White Oak Group, founded by Prashant Khemka, former CIO of Goldman Sachs Asset Management’s India Equity and Global Emerging Markets Equity businesses, provides investment management and advisory services for equity assets of over Rs 42000 crore.
- Which Organization recently (in Jan’22) signed a Joint Development Agreement with Africa50 to continue to develop Africa’s 1st PPP Transmission Project in Kenya?
2) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
3) Power Grid Corporation of India
5) Power Finance CorporationAnswer-3) Power Grid Corporation of India
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) has signed a Joint Development Agreement with Africa50, the pan-African infrastructure investment platform, to continue to develop Africa’s 1st public-private partnership (PPP) mode transmission project in Kenya, “Kenya Transmission Project”.
i. The project involves the development, financing, construction, and operation of the 400kV Lessos – Loosuk and 220kV Kisumu – Musaga transmission lines under a PPP framework.
ii. Once completed, the project will be the 1st Independent Power Transmission (IPT) in Kenya.
Africa50 is an infrastructure investment platform that contributes to Africa’s economic growth.
- Which Company recently (in Jan’22) signed an MoU with South Korea’s POSCO to Explore Business in Steel & Renewable Energy?
1) Bajaj Group
2) Tata Group
3) L&T Group
4) Adani Group
5) Reliance IndustriesAnswer- 4) Adani Group
Adani Group has signed a non-binding MoU with POSCO, a South Korean steel-making company, to explore business cooperation opportunities in sectors like Steel, Renewable energy and others.
The investment under the MoU is estimated to be up to USD 5 billion(~Rs 37000 crore).
POSCO (formerly Pohang Iron and Steel Co., Ltd) was launched on 1st April 1968.
CEO- Jeong-Woo Choi
Headquarters- Pohang, Gyeongsangbuk, Republic of Korea(South Korea)
- As per the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), India’s Inflation rate is _________ in December 2021, which is highest in the last 5 months.
5) 6.44%Answer-2) 5.59%
As per the data released by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), India’s benchmark inflation rate, measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI), firmed up to 5.59 percent year-on-year in December 2021 (highest in 5 months) from 4.91 percent in November 2021.
i. Thus the CPI has remained within the RBI’s tolerance level for the 6th consecutive month.
About Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI)
Ministers of state (independent Charges) – Rao Inderjit Singh (Gurugram, Haryana)
- Name the West Indies Captain who was recently (in Jan’22) received Knighthood from England’s Prince William for his services toward Cricket.
1) Daren Sammy
2) Jason Holder
3) Denesh Ramdin
4) Floyd Reifer
5) Clive LloydAnswer-5) Clive Lloyd
The Former West Indies Captain Clive Lloyd received Knighthood from Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge at Windsor Castle, for his services towards the game of cricket.
i. Clive Lloyd led the West Indies to victory over Australia at Lords in the final of the inaugural Cricket World Cup tournament in 1975.
ii. On the same day, England’s world cup-winning captain Eoin Morgan was awarded with CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) by Prince William for his services towards the game of cricket.
- In January 2022, Minister of State for Education Subhas Sarkar launched Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar (SVP) 2021 – 2022, where he announced the newly increased award money under the Samagra Shiksha scheme to ________ per school.
1) Rs. 100,000
2) Rs. 90,000
3) Rs. 80,000
4) Rs. 60,000
5) Rs. 70,000Answer-4) Rs. 60,000
The Minister of State for education Subhas Sarkar launched the Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar (SVP) 2021 – 2022, underlining the importance of water, sanitation and hygiene. The schools will be assessed through an online portal & mobile app in 6 sub-categories: Water, Sanitation, Hand Washing with soap, Operation and Maintenance, Behaviour Change and Capacity Building.
i. SVP was 1st introduced in 2016-17, under the Department of School Education and Literacy.
ii. The Ministry has increased the award money from Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 60,000/- per school, under the Samagra Shiksha scheme.
- Who was recently (in Jan’22) appointed as the new Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) by succeeding K. Sivan?
1) Kiran Kumar
2) Anurag Jain
3) S Somanath
4) G. Madhavan Nair
5) K. RadhakrishnanAnswer-3) S Somanath
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) approved the appointment of rocket scientist S Somanath as the Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and The Space Secretary, Department of Space (DoS). He will succeed K Sivan, who is set to retire on 14th January 2022.
i. Mr Somanath, will be the 10th Chairman of ISRO.
ii. Mr Somanath, is currently the Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) and Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) since 2018.
iii. Somanath is the recipient of the ‘Space Gold Medal’ from the Astronautical Society of India.
- In January 2022, ________ became 1st Indian to grab World no 1 ranking in Under-19 Girls Singles category in the BWF junior rankings.
1) K. Maneesha
2) Gadde Ruthvika Shivani
3) Ashmita Chaliha
4) Tasnim Mir
5) Gayathri GopichandAnswer-4) Tasnim Mir
Tasnim Mir became the first Indian to grab World no 1 in Under-19 Girls Singles category with 10,810 points in the latest Badminton World Federation (BWF) Junior rankings. She is followed by Mariia Golubeva from Russia and Lucia Rodriguez from Spain.
i. In 2021, she won 3 Junior International Tournaments held in Bulgaria, France and Belgium, which helped her climb up to No.1 position.
ii. She is currently ranked 602 in Women’s Singles in BWF.
Note – The World No.1 position in Boy’s Singles is shared by Lakshya Sen, Siril Verma and Aditya Joshi.