AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14, 15 & 16 November 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Finance Minister gave an approval for the creation of Nation’s first ever “National Database of Unorganised Workers (NDUW)”.What is an expected outlay for NDUW?
1) 500 crore
2) 600 crore
3) 650 crore
4) 700 crore
5) 850 crore
Answer-3) 650 crore
The Ministry of Finance gave its nod for the creation of the first ever “National Database of Unorganised Workers (NDUW)” with an expected outlay of Rs 650 crore. In this regard, Ministry of Labour & Employment has envisaged development of NDUW seeded with Aadhaar. This project will include migrant workers also and the benefits to be provided through this database will encourage them to enroll on the website. It will be helpful in providing welfare schemes or implementing social security initiatives for the labour by the government.
- What is the wage criterion for benefit under ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana’, a scheme to incentivise creation of new employment opportunities during the Covid-19 recovery?
1) Less than 10,000 per month
2) Less than 12,000 per month
3) Less than 15,000 per month
4) Less than 18,000 per month
5) Less than 20,000 per month
Answer-3) Less than 15,000 per month
Atmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana is a scheme applicable from October 1, 2020 to incentivise creation of new employment opportunities during the Covid-19 recovery phase. This will benefit any new employee joining employment in Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) registered establishments on monthly wages less than Rs 15,000 per month. It will also benefit those who left their job in between March 1 to September 30, 2020 and are employed on or after October 1, 2020.
In this regard, eligible establishments will get a subsidy for all new employees and the scheme will remain operational till June 30, 2021.
- How many schemes have been covered under the “Aatmanirbhar Package 3.0” with the Rs 2,65,080 crores to boost economic growth from the Rs 29,87,641 crore,a fund provided by Central Government due to COVID-19 on Nov.12 2020?
Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Ministry of Finance during a press conference has announced the “Aatmanirbhar Package 3.0” covering following 12 schemes as a stimulus measure of additional Rs 2,65,080 crores to boost economic growth. It should be noted that as of November 12, 2020, the Central Government has provided an economic stimulus of Rs 29,87,641 crore amid COVID-19.Click here for complete content to read about 12 schemes.
- India’s longest Bridge over a river in Northeast is expected is expected to be completed by 2026-27 and it will be connected to which two states?
1) Assam & Tripura
2) Assam & Meghalaya
3) Assam & Arunachal Pradesh
4) Arunachal Pradesh & Nagaland
5) Manipur & Mizoram
Answer-2) Assam & Meghalaya
Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has emerged as the lowest bidder with Rs.3166 crores for the construction of the 20 kilometer (km) 4 lane road bridge across River Brahmaputra connecting Dhubri of Assam to Phulbair of Meghalaya on National Highway (NH) 127B. This will be India’s longest Bridge over a River in the northeast.
National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL) is the executing agency and is expected to be completed by 2026-27.
- India and Nepal launched the construction of __________ Integrated Check Post (ICP) at Nepalgunj, Nepal to boost trade.
India and Nepal launched the construction of 3rd Integrated Check Post (ICP) at Nepalgunj, Nepal which will bring customs and immigration facilities under one roof to smoothen cross-border movement of cargo trucks. It is being constructed at a cost of INR 147.12 Crores(Nepalese Rupee ~NRs2354). The portion of ICP on Nepalese side will be built at Nepalgunj and the Portion on Indian side will be built at Rupaidiha (Uttar Pradesh).
India has ICP on the India-Nepal border at Birgunj and Biratnagar, which were operationalised in April 2018 and January 2020.
- According to the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) report, Renewables 2020 – Analysis and Forecast to 2025, India will double its green energy capacity by which year?
According to the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) report, Renewables 2020 – Analysis and Forecast to 2025, India’s Renewable Energy sector will see the largest growth after COVID-19. India will double its green energy capacity addition in 2021 compared to 2020 levels.
Driven by China and the United States, new additions of renewable power capacity worldwide are expected to a record level of almost 200 Gigawatts (GW) in 2020.
Total Installed Wind and Solar PV capacity will surpass natural gas in 2023 and coal in 2024. Solar PV accounts for 60% of all renewable capacity additions through 2025, and wind provides another 30%.Renewable will overtake coal to become the largest source of electricity generation worldwide in 2025 (one-third of world’s electricity supply). Hydropower will be the largest source of renewable electricity worldwide, followed by wind and solar PV.
- Which state Assembly has passed a resolution on ‘Sarna Code’ seeking the inclusion of Sarna as a separate religion in the 2021 census.?
4) Andhra Pradesh
Jharkhand Assembly unanimously passed a resolution on ‘Sarna Code’ during a special one-day assembly session on November 11, 2020. The resolution seeks the inclusion of Sarna as a separate religion in the 2021 census. Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren tabled the proposal in the Jharkhand Assembly. The bill will now be sent to the Central Government for approval.
- Where was the “Tourist Facilitation Centre” facility inaugurated by Union Minister of State (IC) for Tourism & Culture under PRASHAD Scheme?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Union Minister of State (IC) for Tourism & Culture Shri Prahlad Singh Patel virtually inaugurated “Tourist Facilitation Centre” facility at Guruvayur, Kerala under PRASHAD Scheme. PRASHAD scheme was launched by the Ministry of Tourism in the year 2014-15 for integrated development of identified pilgrimage and heritage destinations.
- The Reserve Bank’s multi-media public awareness campaign ‘RBI Kehta Hai’ was launched in how many languages?
The Reserve Bank is all set to evaluate the impact of multi-media public awareness campaign ‘RBI Kehta Hai’, which was launched in 14 languages to educate public about good practices, regulations and initiatives in banking and financial sector
In this regard, RBI has invited Expression of Interest (EoI) from eligible companies and other entities which have successfully completed at least five similar projects.
‘RBI Kehta Hai’ was the first even 360 degree campaign initiated by the central bank using all mass media, including media such as television, radio, newspapers, hoardings, web banners, gifs, social media and SMS.
- How much amount of loan was sanctioned by The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd (IREDA) in 2019-20?
1) 5,096 crores
2) 35,396 crores
3) 21,896 crores
4) 12,696 crores
5) 45,296 crores
Answer-4) 12,696 crores
The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd (IREDA) had sanctioned loans worth Rs 12,696 crore in 2019-20 and has disbursed Rs 8,785 crore, supporting capacity addition of 5,673 MW (Mega Watt) during 2019-20. This was announced during the 33rd Annual General Meeting (AGM) of IREDA on November 11, 2020 where the annual accounts for the financial year 2019-20 were adopted.
The gross income of the company increased to Rs 2,372.38 crore, a growth of 17.32%.
- Who has been elected as State Counsellor of the Myanmar for Second Free elections in Myanmar, since the country was liberated from Military rule in 2011?
1) Tsai Ing-wen
2) Aung San Suu Kyi
3) Win Myint
4) Lobsang Sangay
5) Carrie Lam
Answer-2) Aung San Suu Kyi
According to the Union Election Commission (UEC) of Myanmar, Aung San Suu Kyi’s National League for Democracy (NLD) is likely to win the 2020 Myanmar elections by securing 346 seats out of 664 seats in the Parliament (as on 13th November) which is enough to form the next government. This will be the second term for Aung San Suu Kyi as State Counsellor and second victory for her party NLD. This is the Second Free elections in Myanmar, since the country emerged from Military rule in 2011.
- Which organization won the 2020 United Nations (UN) Population Award as the institutional laureate?
1) Caritas India
2) The Akshaya Patra Foundation
4) HelpAge India
Answer-4) HelpAge India
HelpAge India won the 2020 United Nations (UN) Population Award as the institutional laureate. Her MajestyGyalyum Sangay Choden Wangchuck, Queen Mother of Bhutan won the award as the individual laureatue.
- PM Narendra Modi co-chaired the which edition of ASEAN-India Summit 2020 (November) along with Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Prime Minister of Vietnam?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi co-chaired the virtual 17th ASEAN-India Summit 2020 along with Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Prime Minister of Vietnam, the current Chair of (Association of Southeast Asian Nations). The Summit saw the participation of all ten ASEAN Member States. The focus of the summit was to discuss regional and international issues of common interest and concern, including South China Sea and terrorism. During the summit India announced a contribution of US$ 1 million to the COVID-19 ASEAN Response Fund.
- India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN) Ambassador who addressed the 44th Annual Meeting of the Ministers for Foreign Affairs of the Group of 77 (G77) was?
1) S Jaishankar
2) T S Tirumurti
3) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
4) Rajiv Gauba
5) Ajay Bhusan Pandey
Answer-2) T S Tirumurti
India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN) Ambassador T S Tirumurti virtually addressed the 44th Annual Meeting of the Ministers for Foreign Affairs of the Group of 77 (G77). During the meeting, he reiterated India’s commitment to work with its partners from Global South towards a strong and sustainable recovery from the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- IRDAI approved the merger of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance with which Insurance Company?
1) Apollo Munich Health Insurance
2) Aviva Life Insurance
3) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
4) Bharti AXA General Insurance
5) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
Answer-3) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) gave its final approval for the merger of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance (formerly Apollo Munich Health Insurance Co Ltd) with HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co Ltd (HDFC ERGO). The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has sanctioned the scheme of amalgamation between HDFC ERGO Health and HDFC ERGO General on september 30, 2020.
- Which Company will acquire the Orix Wind SPVs’s equity stake from Orix Corporation?
1) Greenko Energy Holdings
2) Adani Green Energy
3) Tata Power
4) JSW Energy
Answer-1) Greenko Energy Holdings
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the following acquisitions under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.CCI approved the acquisition of
i. Greenko Energy Holdings (GEH) from Orix Wind SPVs,ORIX Corporation (Orix).
ii. Similarly, also Orix will acquire an equity stake in GEH.
iii. CCI also approved the transfer of 100% shareholding of Sinochem Group Company Limited (Sinochem) and China National Chemical Corporation Limited (ChemChina) to State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration (Central SASAC), a new company wholly owned by China.
- Who has authored the book titled “Insomnia: Army Stories” featuring stories based on life in the armed forces?
1) Anuradha Roy
2) Rachna Bisht Rawat
3) S. Hareesh
4) Chinmay Tumbe
5) Chandrakant Lahariya
Answer-2) Rachna Bisht Rawat
Rachna Bisht Rawat launched her new book “Insomnia: Army Stories” featuring stories based on life in the armed forces. The book is published by the Penguin Random house India. Rachna Bisht Rawat stated that all the characters featured in Insomnia are not heroic; the characters represent ordinary people who have their own weaknesses and failures. She also stated that this book speaks more about emotions in various forms and speaks less about the army.
- Who is the author of book titled ‘Walking With The Comrades’?
1) Anuradha Roy
2) Arundhati Roy
3) Ramchandra Guha
4) Salman Rushdie
5) Shashi Tharoor
Answer-2) Arundhati Roy
Author Arundhati Roy’s book titled ‘Walking with the Comrades’ got removed from the Manonmaniam Sundaranar University’s syllabus in Tirunelveli. This book has been opposed by ABVP, who claimed that Arundhati Roy glorified the culture of Maoists.
Post the opposition by ABVP, a committee was formed wherein a panel discussion was conducted. After the meeting, the book was decided to be removed from the syllabus
- Jerry John Rawlings passed away recently. He was former PM of which Country?
Jerry John Rawlings, former president of Ghana passed away at the age of 73 at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Accra, Ghana due to short illness. He is the 1st president of the 4th republic of Ghana. He is the founder of National Democratic Congress (NDC). A former air force officer and military leader was born on June 22, 1947 at Accra, Ghana.
- Arjun Prajapati (Padma shri awardee from Rajasthan) passed away recently. He was a renowned ____________.
Arjun Prajapati, the renowned Sculptor and Padma shri awardee from Rajasthan passed away at the age of 64 in a hospital at Jaipur, Rajasthan. He passed away due to COVID-19. He was born on 9th April 1956 and hails from Rajasthan.
He was popularly known as the “Maharathi of Cloning” – master of cloning, since he has cloned celebrities like Prince Charles of Britain, former US President Bill Clinton, Padmashree Pandit Vishwamohan Bhatt.
- When is Ayurveda Day celebrated globally?
1) November 13
2) November 16
3) November 14
4) November 15
5) November 12
Answer-1) November 13
Ayurveda Day is annually celebrated across the globe on the day of Dhanwantri Jayanti, as a global initiative to promote and preserve the health science of Ayurveda. The 2020 Ayurveda Day falls on 13th November 2020.
- A team of researchers found a new genus of tree frogs named “Rohanixalus” in the Andaman & Nicobar Islands and the North-eastern parts of India. Which Country’s researchers was not a part of the team?
A team of researchers from India, China, Indonesia and Thailand had found a new genus of tree frogs in the Andaman & Nicobar Islands and the Northeastern parts of India.
The new genus was named “Rohanixalus” after Rohan Pethiyagoda, taxonomist from Sri Lanka. The research team was led by Professor S D Biju of Delhi University.
- Which App was launched as the first-ever initiative to help COVID-19 patients reach healthcare facilities in EV (Electric Vehicles) for free of cost in Delhi?
1) COVID Sathi App
2) COVID Seva App
3) Jeevan Sathi App
4) Jeevan Seva App
5) Jeevan Mitra App
Answer-4) Jeevan Seva App
Satyendar Jain, Health Minister of Delhi launched Jeevan Seva App, the first-ever initiative to help COVID-19 patients reach healthcare facilities in EV (Electric Vehicles) for free of cost. For this initiative, Delhi Govt has collaborated with the EVERA, an EV cab facility launched by Prakriti E-Mobility Pvt Ltd.
Purpose of the app is to help transport COVID-19 patients(not critical) to and from their homes, hospitals and healthcare facilities from any point in Delhi for free of cost in a safe and timely manner.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the headquarters of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)?
1) Lausanne, Switzerland
2) Austria, Vienna
3) Jakarta, Indonesia
4) Hanoi, Vietnam
5) Kuala Lumpur
Answer-3) Jakarta, Indonesia
ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising ten countries in Southeast Asia, which promotes intergovernmental cooperation and facilitates economic, facilitates economic, political, security, military, educational, and sociocultural integration among its members and other countries in Asia.
Members – Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Chair – Vietnam (2020)
Headquarters – Jakarta, Indonesia
- Where is the headquarters of International Energy Agency?
1) Lausanne, Switzerland
2) Austria, Vienna
3) Geneva, Switzerland
4) Manila, Philippines
5) Paris, France
Answer-5) Paris, France
The International Energy Agency is a Paris-based autonomous intergovernmental organisation established in the framework of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development in 1974 in the wake of the 1973 oil crisis.
- What is Capital of Myanmar?
5) Port Moresby
The Capital and Currency of ‘Myanmar’ is ‘Naypyitaw’ and ‘Kyat’ respectively.
- Where is the Betla National Park located?
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Betla National Park is a national park located on the Chota Nagpur Plateau in the Latehar and Palamu district of Jharkhand, India. The park hosts a wide variety of wildlife.
- What is capital of Ghana?
The capital and currency of Ghana is Accra & Ghanaian Cedi respectively.