AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 May 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which country recently (in May ’22) replaced Russia in the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) via voting?
2) Czech Republic
5) RomaniaAnswer-2) Czech Republic
The U.N. General Assembly (UNGA) elected Czech Republic to replace Russia in the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) through a voting process, following Russia’s suspension over allegations of horrific rights violations by Russian soldiers in Ukraine.
i. A vacant seat arises in East European Countries Representation in UNHRC on suspension of Russia in April 2022, to fill up the vacant representation from East European Countries. Czech Republic came forward as a single candidate.
ii. UNGA’s 180 members of the 193 members deposited their secret ballot vote. The result was 157 countries in favour of the Czech Republic and 23 abstentions.
- In May 2022, the Ministry of Home Affairs launched “Repco Subhiksham” a New Repatriate Welfare Scheme of REPCO Bank & App For Repco Micro Finance Limited (RFML).
The “Repco Subhiksham” is a special deposit scheme for __________.
1) MSME Business
2) Senior Citizens & Super Senior Citizens
4) Women Entrepreneurs
5) Foreign RemittanceAnswer-2) Senior Citizens & Super Senior Citizens
Ajay Kumar Mishra, Union Minister of State (MoS), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA), has launched special schemes of Repatriates Cooperative Finance and Development Bank Ltd., (REPCO Bank) and Repco Micro Finance Limited (RFML) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
i. The schemes include a New Repatriate Welfare Scheme, “Repco Subhiksham”—a special deposit scheme for senior citizens & super senior citizens, a microfinance loan scheme, and an app for Repco Micro Finance Ltd. (RFML).
ii. Repco Subhiksham scheme of Fixed deposits for Senior Citizens (above 60 years of age) and Super Senior Citizens (above 80 years of age) to earn income from their savings. This scheme is valid up to 30.09.2022.
iii. The Period of scheme is 15 Months with interest rate of 7.15 % per annum for Senior Citizens & 7.25 % per annum for Super Senior Citizens.
- In May 2022, the RBI extended the validity of its Directions on ______ for 3 months & Sri Guru Raghavendra Sahakara Bank Niyamitha for _________ Months.
1) Laxmi Co-operative Bank Limited; 3
2) Saraswat Co-operative Bank Limited; 8
3) Bharat Co-operative Bank Limited; 4
4) Laxmi Co-operative Bank Limited; 6
5) Bharat Co-operative Bank Limited; 3Answer-4) Laxmi Co-operative Bank Limited; 6
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the validity of its Directions for two co-operative banks: The Laxmi Co-operative Bank Limited in Solapur, Maharashtra, and Sri Guru Raghavendra Sahakara Bank Niyamitha in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
i. While the RBI extended directions on Laxmi Co-operative Bank for three months, the period was extended by six months in the case of Sri Guru Raghavendra Sahakara Bank.
- Which bank recently (in May’22) partnered with Worldline India to Digitise E-Challan Collections for the Madhya Pradesh Police Department?
1) Canara Bank
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Bank of Baroda
4) Bank of Maharashtra
5) Bank of IndiaAnswer-5) Bank of India
The Bank of India (BoI), a public sector bank and Worldline India, a global leader in payment services, have teamed to digitise e-challan collections for the Madhya Pradesh (MP) Police Department.
i. The BOI and the MP Police Department, Government of India (GoI), inked a MoA to integrate POS terminals with the police department’s e-challan portal and the Initiative will provide the MP Police Department with around 600 Worldline Android Terminals to facilitate e-collection through credit and debit cards.
ii. An E-challan is an electronically generated challan (Online Generated System Challan) and is handled through the Electronic Challan System and a challan is a payment that citizens must make if they violate any traffic rules set forth by the traffic department.
- Name the Nobel prize-winning who recently (in May’22) received the Templeton Prize 2022?
1) Giorgio Parisi
2) Roger Penrose
3) Frank Wilczek
4) Manabe Syukuro
5) Klaus HasselmannAnswer- 3) Frank Wilczek
American Theoretical physicist and author, Dr Frank Wilczek, who won the Nobel Prize (Physics) in 2004, has been awarded the Templeton Prize 2022, the world’s largest individual lifetime achievement award, valued at over USD 1.3 million.
i. He became the 6th Nobel laureate to receive the Templeton Prize since its inception in 1972.
ii. John Templeton established the Templeton Prize for Progress in Religion (now known simply as the Templeton Prize in 1972.
- Name the Indian actress who recently (in May’22) became the 1st Indian to hold the position of House Ambassador for Louis Vuitton.
1) Deepika Padukone
2) Katrina Kaif
3) Priyanka Chopra
4) Alia Bhatt
5) Aishwarya RaiAnswer-1) Deepika Padukone
Louis Vuitton Malletier, commonly known as Louis Vuitton(LV), is a French luxury fashion house that has appointed Indian Actress Deepika Padukone as its House Ambassador. She became the first Indian to hold the position of House Ambassador for Louis Vuitton.
i. The Other Louis Vuitton House Ambassador includes Hollywood’s Emma Stone and China’s leading actor, Zhou Dongyu.
- Who recently (in May’22) became the 1st Indian to win a gold medal at the IWF Junior World Championships 2022 by lifting a total weight of 153 kg in the 45 kg women’s category?
1) Gyaneshwari Yadav
2) Harshada Sharad Garud
3) Renu Bala Chanu
4) V Rithika
5) Monika DeviAnswer-2) Harshada Sharad Garud
The Indian Weightlifter, Harshada Sharad Garud won India’s first Gold at 2022 International Weightlifting Federation’s (IWF) Junior World Championships by lifting a Total weight of 153 kg in 45 kg women’s category, which includes 70 kg in Snatch and 83 kg in Clean and Jerk (C&J).
i. The Indian Weightlifters Gyaneshwari Yadav [156 kg (Snatch-73 kg; C&J-83 kg)] and V Rithika [150kg (Snatch- 69kg; C&J- 81kg)]bagged Silver and Bronze medal respectively in 49 kg Women’s Category.
ii. IWF 2022 Junior World Weightlifting Championships was held at Heraklion Indoor Sports Arena, Heraklion, Greece, from May 2 to May 10 2022.
- What is the theme of International Nurses Day (IND) 2022 that was observed across the globe on 12th May 2022?
1) Nurses: A voice to lead – A Vision For Future Healthcare
2) Nurses: A voice to lead – Nursing the World to Health.
3) Nurses: A voice to lead – Health is a Human Right.
4) Nurses: A Voice to Lead – Invest in Nursing and respect rights to secure global health
5) Nurses: A voice to lead – Health for AllAnswer-4) Nurses: A Voice to Lead – Invest in Nursing and respect rights to secure global health
International Nurses Day (IND) 2022 was celebrated across the globe on 12th May 2022 to acknowledge the selfless contribution of the Nurses across the globe and to highlight the sacrifices they make.
i. The theme of IND2022 is “Nurses: A Voice to Lead – Invest in Nursing and respect rights to secure global health”.
ii. The day is observed to mark the birth anniversary of British Nurse and statistician Florence Nightingale, one of the founders of modern nursing. She was born on 12th May 1820 in Florence, Grand Duchy of Tuscany(Italy).
- Name the state that recently (in May ’22) introduced Nutritious Breakfast Scheme for all Government Primary School Students from 1st to 5th grade.
2) Andhra Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) KeralaAnswer-4) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Muthuvel Karunanidhi Stalin(M.K.Stalin) announced five new development schemes including that all Government primary school students from First to Fifth standards will be provided nutritious breakfast on all working days in assembly at Chennai, Tamilnadu.
i. Five New Development Schemes are :- Free nutritious breakfast for class I to V in Government primary schools, Scheme to eradicate nutrition deficiency, Setting up of schools of excellence, Setting up of primary health centres in urban areas and Expansion of ‘CM in Your Constituency’, a public grievances redress system, to all 234 constituencies.
- Who was recently (in May’22) appointed as the acting Chief Justice (CJ) of the Gauhati HC in Assam by the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind?
1) Munishwar Nath Bhandari
2) Rajesh Bindal
3) Manindra Mohan Shrivastava
4) Satish Chandra Sharma
5) N Kotiswar SinghAnswer-5) N Kotiswar Singh
President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, has appointed Justice Nongmeikapam Kotiswar Singh (N Kotiswar Singh), the senior-most judge of the Gauhati High Court (HC), as the acting Chief Justice(CJ) of the Gauhati HC in Assam.
i. The appointment was made by the President in the exercise of the power conferred by Article 223 of the Constitution of India.
ii. Justice N Kotiswar Singh succeeds Justice Sudhanshu Dhulia, who has been appointed as Supreme Court Judge and Justice N Kotiswar Singh will perform the duties of CJ of Gauhati HC with effect from the date Justice Sudhanshu Dhulia relinquishes the charge as CJ of the Gauhati HC.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification