AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the department which has partnered with start-ups named ‘Safejob’ and ‘Seekify’ to power Suraksha Store Initiative.
1) Department of Agriculture and Co-operation
2) Department of Commerce
3) Department of Agricultural Research and Education
4) Department of Food and Public Distribution
5) Department of Consumer Affairs
Answer-5) Department of Consumer Affairs
The Department of Consumer Affairs partnered with two tech startups Safejob and Seekify to use the technology in the local Kirana store level to control the spread of COVID-19. The initiative of Suraksha Store is to provide safety and care about the health of the people during and after the lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic.These protocols were designed by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and the Ministry of Home Affairs(MHA) which includes the social distancing and hygiene at all the retail shops.
- Name the 1st state in the country which has launched ‘First Information Report (FIR) Aapke Dwar Yojana ‘(FIR at your doorstep).
1) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-1) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh(MP) Home Minister Narottam Mishra launched the country’s 1st ‘First Information Report(FIR) Aapke Dwar Yojana‘(FIR at your doorstep) at the new Police Control Room, Bhopal to enable people to file FIRs from their homes instead of visiting police stations. Launched helpline ‘Dial 112’ to facilitate immediate availability of ambulance, police and fire fighting services wherever needed.
- Name the city which has launched initiative named “Pranavayu” to monitor blood oxygen levels and heart rates of patients showing influenza-like illnesses (ILI).
The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), Bengaluru, Karnataka, has launched an initiative called “Pranavayu” as many COVID-19 patients have low oxygen levels that puts them at risk of complications. This initiative helps each individual to monitor blood oxygen levels and heart rates of patients showing influenza-like illnesses (ILI) in fever clinics.
- Find the Pharmaceutical company which is going to make India’s first indigenously developed anti-SARS-Cov-2 human IgG ELISA test kit?
1) Sun Pharmaceutical
2) Abbott India
4) Lupin Ltd.
5) Cadila Healthcare
Answer-5) Cadila Healthcare
Cadila Healthcare Ltd. (Zydus Cadila) is set to make India’s first indigenously developed anti-SARS-Cov-2 human IgG ELISA test kit for antibody detection of Covid-19 (novel coronavirus), as per Union health minister Harsh Vardhan.
- Name the world organization which in partnership with International Council of Nurses (ICN) and Nursing Now has released the first “The State of the World’s Nursing 2020” report.
1) Amnesty International
2) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
3) Commonwealth of Nations
4) World Health Organisation (WHO)
5) World Economic Forum (WEF)
Answer-4) World Health Organisation (WHO)
World Health Organization (WHO) in partnership with the International Council of Nurses (ICN) and Nursing Now has released the first “The State of the World’s Nursing 2020” report amid COVID19 pandemic. In accordance with the report there are 28 million nurses worldwide but still there is global shortfall of 5.9 million.
- What is the value of fund raised by United Nations (UN) and its partner agencies for essentials within vulnerable countries?
1) $ 5.1 Billion
2) $ 3.2 Billion
3) $ 7.8 Billion
4) $ 5.7 Billion
5) $ 6.7 Billion
Answer-5) $ 6.7 Billion
In the fight against the Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic, the United Nations (UN) and its partner agencies have appealed to governments, companies and billionaires to donate $ 6.7 billion in funds for essentials within vulnerable countries.
- What is the male to female ratio of subscription enrolment under the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) which has completed its 5 years recently?
Total enrolment under the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) stood at 2,23,54,028 which has completed its 5 years on the same date. The scheme has been implemented comprehensively across the country covering all states and Union Territories (UTs). The male to female subscription ratio of APY is 57:43. The scheme has been administered by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA). In the financial year 2019-2020, almost 70 lacs subscribers were enrolled under the scheme.
- Name the person who is set to serve as president of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) for the 2nd term (May 2020).
1) Chris Gayle
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3) Kumar Sangakkara
4) Sunil Gavaskar
5) Ricky Ponting
Answer-3) Kumar Sangakkara
Former Sri Lanka Skipper Kumar Sangakkara is to serve a second term as the president of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) since the activities of the club are postponed. He is the first non-British President of the Club, he assumed office on 1st October 2019 and entered the list of people who served multiple terms.
- Name the 1st Indian tennis player who has won the Fed Cup heart award 2020 for Asia/Oceania Zone.
1) Leander Paes
2) Mahesh Bhupathi
3) Vijay Amritraj
4) Rohan Bopanna
5) Sania Mirza
Answer-5) Sania Mirza
Indian professional tennis player Sania Mirza (33) has created new history by becoming the 1st Indian to win Fed Cup Heart Award 2020 for Asia/Oceania zone. She decided to give a prize money of $ 2000 to the Telangana Chief Minister Relief Fund to help battle against coronavirus.
- Name the digital conference launched by Science and Technology minister Harsh Vardhan on occasion of national technology day May 11, 2020?
1) Digital India
3) Innovation AI
The Union Minister of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare Harsh Vardhan addressed a digital conference RESTART(‘Reboot the Economy through Science, Technology and Research Translations’) to celebrate the National Technology Day. The conference is organised by the Technology Development Board (TDB) a statutory body of the Department of Science & Technology (DST) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- Which organization has organized the Indo-Bangladesh ‘Virtual Conference’ addressed by Union Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) MoS (I/C) Jitendra Singh.
1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
2) Electronic Component Industries Association (ELCINA)
3) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
4) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
5) Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
Answer-5) Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
Union Development of North Eastern Region(DoNER) Minister of State Independent Charge(I/C) Jitendra Singh addresses the Indo-Bangladesh ‘Virtual Conference’ organised by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India(ASSOCHAM).
- Supreme Court orders to set up high-powered committee to restore 4G internet services in Jammu & Kashmir. The committee was headed by secretary of which ministry?
1) Ministry of Minority Affairs
2) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
3) Ministry of Home Affairs
4) Ministry of External Affairs
5) Ministry of Science and Technology
Answer-3) Ministry of Home Affairs
Supreme Court(SC) orders to set up a high-powered committee to look into the demands by petitioners who seek restoration of 4G internet services in the Union Territory(UT) Jammu and Kashmir(J&K). It is headed by the Secretary of the Ministry of Home Affairs(MHA).
- Name the former RBI governor who has headed the 24-member high-level committee of Tamil Nadu governmentto assess the immediate and medium-term impact of the COVID-19 on State’s economy.
1) S Krishnan
2) Padmaja Chunduru
3) A Vellayan
4) C Rangarajan
5) N Srinivasan
Answer-4) C Rangarajan
Tamil Nadu(TN) constituted a 24 member high-level committee headed by C Rangarajan, ex-governor of Reserve Bank of India(RBI) to assess the immediate and medium-term impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on various sectors of the State’s economy, examine fiscal challenge & suggest ways to improve its fiscal position including increasing the tax-Gross Domestic Product(GDP) ratio and diversifying revenue sources and re-prioritising expenditure.
- Name the Indian state which has highest number of Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) as per Sample Registration System (SRS) bulletin based on data collected for 2018 by Registrar General of India (Note: National average of IMR is 32).
2) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-2) Madhya Pradesh
Registrar General of India has released its Sample Registration System (SRS) bulletin based on data collected for 2018 (reference year) which has presented the estimates of Birth Rate, Death Rate, and Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) for the year 2018 for India and its States/UTs.Infant Mortality Rate (IMR): It is the number of deaths per 1,000 live births of children under one year of age.In 2009-2018 it has declined from 50 to 32. The present figure of 32 is about one-fourth as compared to 1971 (129). Madhya Pradesh is the state which has highest IMR with 48.
- What is the name of the company which has made India’s 1st indigenous hot air seam sealing machine used to manufacture personal protective equipment (PPE) kits.
1) Chiron CNC
2) Jothi CNC
3) Macpower CNC
4) CTT company
5) Averex CNC
Answer-3) Macpower CNC
Macpower CNC Machines Ltd, a Rajkot (Gujarat) based manufacturer of CNC (Computerized Numerical Control), has made India’s 1st indigenous hot air seam sealing machine used to manufacture personal protective equipment (PPE) kits.
- What is the name of non-invasive Bi-level Positive Airway Pressure (BiPAP) ventilator developed by CSIR – National Aerospace Laboratory (NAL)?
2) Swasth Vayu
3) Ambu Bag
Answer-2) Swasth Vayu
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research – National Aerospace Laboratories(CSIR-NAL), Bengaluru develops a cost effective, easy to use, compact, non-invasive Bi-level Positive Airway Pressure(BiPAP) ventilator ‘Swasth Vayu’ in 36 days to treat the patients tested positive for COVID-19.
- What is the name of Central University of Odisha (CUO) Helpline, which was launched by HRD minister Ramesh Pokhriyal to relieve the distress of student community.
Union Minister for Human Resource Development (HRD) Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched Central University of Odisha (CUO) Helpline “Bharosa” and its Helpline Number 08046801010 through a virtual platform in New Delhi inorder to relieve the distress of student community during the troubled time of the COVID-19.
- Name the country which has launched 2 satellites named Xingyun-2 01 and 02to test the space-based Internet of Things (IoT) communication technology.
2) North Korea
3) South Korea
China launches two satellites Xingyun-2 01 and 02 into the obit by Kuaizhou-1A(KZ-1A) carrier rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in the northwest China at 9.16am(Beijing time), to test the space-based Internet of Things(IoT) communication technology.
- Find the country which is going to host the FIFA U-17 women’s world cup in February 2021.
2) South Africa
The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in India has been rescheduled for February 17 and March 7, 2021, the governing body announced on May 12, 2020. The tournament was initially scheduled to be held in India from November 2-21 in 2020 and was subsequently postponed due to the pandemic.
- Para athlete Deepa Malik (1st women to win medal in Paralympic games) who announced retirement is associated with which sports?
1) Middle distance running
2) Javelin Throw
3) Shot Put
4) Long jump
5) Triple Jump
Answer-3) Shot Put
The 1st Indian woman to earn a medal at the Paralympic Games(silver) Shot-putter Para-athlete Deepa Malik(49-year-old) has announced retirement as per the national sports code so as to hold her post as the President of the Paralympic Committee of India(PCI).
- France based Remy Di Gregorio who was banned from participating the sport for 4years is associated with which sports?
Remy Di Gregorio (34), a French road bicycle racer, has been banned for 4 years by the International Cycling Union (UCI) for using a form of banned blood-boosting hormone EPO (Erythropoietin).
- Jerry Stiller who passed away recently is a renowned ______.
1) Law Maker
4) Pop Singer
5) Social Reformer
Jerry Stiller, an actor, comedian and father of Ben Stiller passed away at the age of 92 from natural causes in the United States of America(USA). He was born on June 8, 1927 in New York, United States of America.
- When was International Nurses Day 2020 with the theme “Nurses: A voice to lead- Nursing the World to Health” observed on _______.
1) May 12
2) May 3
3) May 17
4) May 8
5) May 5
Answer-1) May 12
International Nurses Day (IND) is an international event observed every year on May 12 globally to commemorate the birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale. She was also known as ‘The Lady with the Lamp’. This year the day marks the 200th birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale. Theme for the year 2020: Nurses: A voice to lead- Nursing the World to Health.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Bharathappuzha, also known as the Nila is the river in which Indian state?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra Pradesh
Ministry of Tourism, Government of India’s 17th session of Dekho Apna Desh webinar on 9th April 2020, titled ‘Exploring River Nila’ was about showcasing meaningful travel experiences for travelers that are offered by relatively unvisited places. Bharathappuzha, also known as the Nila, is a river in India in the state of Kerala.
- Mukurthi national park is located in which state?
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Answer-5) Tamil Nadu
Mukurthi National Park is a 78.46 km² protected area located in the western corner of the Nilgiris Plateau west of Ootacamund hill station in the northwest corner of Tamil Nadu state in the Western Ghats mountain range of South India.
- Where is the HQ of International Council of Nurses (ICN) located?
The International Council of Nurses is a federation of more than 130 national nurses associations. It was founded in 1899 and was the first international organization for health care professionals. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Vansda National park is in which state?
5) Madhya Pradesh
Vansda National Park, also known as Bansda National Park, is a protected area which represents the thick woodlands of the Dangs and southern Gujarat, and is situated in the Vansda tehsil, Navsari District of Gujarat State, India.
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is launched in which year?
Atal Pension Yojana (APY)is launched on 9th May 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, its objective is to deliver old age income security particularly to the workers in the unorganised sector and Government providing guarantee of minimum pension after 60 years of age. It can be subscribed by any Indian citizen in the age group of 18-40 years having a bank account. It provides a minimum guaranteed pension ranging from Rs 1000 to Rs 5000 on attaining 60 years of age.