AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 13 January 2022
- Which of the following Railway stations in Gujarat was recently (in Jan’22) renamed as the Ekta Nagar railway station by the Ministry of Railways?
1) Somnath Railway Station
2) Porbandar Railway Station
3) Kevadiya Railway Station
4) Bhuj Railway Station
5) Rajkot Railway StationAnswer-3) Kevadiya Railway Station
The Ministry of Railways approved the renaming of the Kevadiya railway station under the Vadodara division of Narmada district (Gujarat) as the Ekta Nagar railway station.
i. The new station code of Ekta Nagar railway station will use the station code EKNR and the numerical code of the station will be 08224620.
ii. The railway station is the key to reach the World’s tallest ‘Statue of Unity’ (height 182 m) that is located in Kevadiya, Gujarat.
- As per the ‘Henley’s Passport Index Q1-2022 Global Ranking’, India was ranked as the _______ Most Powerful Passport while ________ shared the top spot along with Singapore.
1) 84th; Japan
2) 90th; Germany
3) 83rd; Italy
4) 90th; Japan
5) 79th; GermanyAnswer-1) 84th; Japan
As per the ‘Henley Passport Index: Q1 2022 Global Ranking’, released by Henley & Partners, India has been ranked as 84th Most Powerful Passport with the visa-free travel to 60 countries while Japan tops the list for the 4th consecutive year by allowing visa-free travel to 192 countries. The index has been topped by Japan & Singapore
i. The index and its contents are based on data provided by the International Air Transport Authority (IATA).
ii. India shares the 84th position with Mauritania & Tajikistan.
- Which Bank recently (in Jan’22) launched the ‘RuPay Select Contactless Debit’ Card along with NPCI on its 79th Inauguration Day?
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Indian Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) UCO Bank
5) Canara BankAnswer-4) UCO Bank
On the occasion of the 79th Inauguration Day of the UCO Bank, it enter a partnership with NPCI to launch the ‘UCO Bank RuPay Select Contactless Debit Card’ with a host of benefits for its premium/HNI (High Networth Individuals) customers.
i. The card offers an ATM withdrawal limit of Rs 50000 along with a purchase of up to Rs 2 lakh at POS (Point of Sale) or E-Commerce.
- Federal Bank recently (in Jan’22) launched an online lending platform called ‘federalinstaloans.com’ to provide Instant Loan Approval up to Rs 50 lakh for ___________ Sector.
2) Food Processing
5) MSMEAnswer-5) MSME
Federal Bank launched an online lending platform federalinstaloans.com, to ease credit approvals of up to Rs 50 lakh for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) across India.
i. The platform enables borrowers to avail loans in less than 30 minutes digitally by simply uploading their income tax returns, bank account statement and online verification of GST details.
- Name the Bank that was recently (in Jan’22) named as the ‘Best Private Bank’ in India at the Global Private Banking Awards 2021.
1) Axis Bank
2) YES Bank
3) ICICI BANK
4) IndusInd Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-5) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank was named as the ‘Best Private Bank’ in India at the ‘Global Private Banking Awards 2021’ which was organized by Professional Wealth Management (PWM) in a virtual ceremony.
i. The award was given for contributing to accelerate key trends, including digitalisation, communication and investment in environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategies.
- Which Indian Airport secured 8th rank Globally under the large airports category in the ‘On-Time Performance Review 2021 Airlines and Airports’ report by Cirium?
1) Pune International Airport
2) Chennai International Airport
3) Mangalore International Airport
4) Indira Gandhi International Airport
5) Kempegowda International AirportAnswer-2) Chennai International Airport
As per the report released by Cirium titled ‘the On-Time Performance Review 2021 Airlines and Airports’, the Chennai International Airport has ranked globally 8th under the large airports category, and is the only Indian Airport to enter the top 10 positions of the list.
i. The first 3 positions have been acquired by United State’s Itami Airport, Japan’s Fukuoka Airport, and Haneda Airport.
ii. Cirium analyzed about 70 international routes taken by flights at Chennai airport and the ‘On-Time Departure’ were about 89.32 percent.
- Who was recently (in Jan’22) appointed as the Economic Counsellor & Head of Research Department of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) by succeeding Gita Gopinath?
1) Enrico Moretti
2) Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas
3) Thomas Piketty
4) Emmanuel Saez
5) Yuriy GorodnichenkoAnswer-2) Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas
University of California-Berkeley economist Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas has been appointed as the Economic Counsellor and Head of Research Department of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
i. He will succeed Gita Gopinath, who is set to join the IMF’s management team as First Deputy Managing Director.
ii. He is also Program Director of International Finance and Macroeconomics at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER).
- Who Authored the Book, “Ratan N. Tata: The Authorized Biography”?
1) Amitav Ghosh
2) Thomas Mathew
3) Salman Rushdie
4) Aravind Adiga
5) Arundhati RoyAnswer-2) Thomas Mathew
The authorized biography of Ratan Naval Tata (Ratan N Tata), an Indian industrialist, philanthropist, and a former chairman of Tata Sons, titled “Ratan N. Tata: The Authorized Biography” authored by Dr Thomas Mathew will be published in November 2022.
i. The biography will be published by HarperCollins India in English and the principal Indian languages, by HarperCollins Leadership in the US and by William Collins in the UK
- What was the Theme of National Youth Day 2022 celebrated across India on 12th January?
1) Indian Youth for Development, Skill, & Harmony
2) Youth and Civic Engagement
3) Youth for Digital India
4) It’s all in the mind
5) Channelizing Youth Power for NationAnswer-4) It’s all in the mind
National Youth Day, also known as Rashtriya Yuva Diwas, is annually celebrated across India on 12th January to commemorate the birth anniversary of the social reformer, great thinker and philosopher, Swami Vivekananda.
i. The theme of National Youth Day 2022 is “It’s all in the mind.”
ii. 12th January 2022 marks the observance of the 159th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
iii. The first ever National Youth Day was observed on 12th January 1985.
- In January 2022, ________ hosted the 25th National Youth Day 2022 & _______ is the Tagline of the Day.
1) Kerala; Shakti yuva Shashakth Yuva
2) Karnataka; Shashakth Yuva Majbooth Yuva
3) Puducherry; Shaksham Yuva Shashakth Yuva
4) Tamil Nadu; Majbooth Yuva Shaksham Yuva
5) Puducherry; Shakti yuva Majbooth YuvaAnswer-3) Puducherry; Shaksham Yuva Shashakth Yuva
Puducherry hosted the 25th National Youth Festival for the year 2022. The festival was virtually inaugurated by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi.
i. The virtual edition of the National Youth Festival, organized by the Department of Youth Affairs, will be held from 12th and 13th January 2022.
ii. Tag-line: ‘Shaksham Yuva Shashakth Yuva’ meaning Capable Youth- Forceful Youth, Able Youth- Strong Youth.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification