AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which Indian organisation has organized the India-Australia Circular Economy (I-ACE) Hackathon, 2021?
1) Department of Science and Technology
2) Data Security Council of India (DSCI)
3) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
4) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
5) NITI Aayog
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) NITI Aayog
The India-Australia Circular Economy (I-ACE) Hackathon, 2021 was organized virtually on February 11, 2021 by the NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission in collaboration with Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CISRO).
Innovation in packaging reducing packaging waste
Innovation in food supply chains avoiding waste
Creating opportunities for plastics waste reduction
Recycling critical energy metals and e-waste
- Recently (in Feb’21) Indian Govt. has launched a new scheme, “Formation and Promotion of 10, 000 new FPO’s”. What does ‘F’ stands for in FPO?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Farmer
The Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare stated that the Government of India (GoI) has launched a New Central Sector Scheme named ‘Formation and Promotion of 10, 000 new Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs)’. Under the Scheme, GoI will form and promote 10, 000 new FPOs in India with a budget of INR 6865 Crores. It will help in Doubling of Farming Exports by 2022. The FPOs will be formed based on Clusters, which will promote the spirit of ‘Cluster Farming’.
- Which Indian state/UT will get India’s 1st Impact-based Flood Forecasting System, under UK Space Agency’s (UKSA) programme on ‘Impact Based Flood Forecasting using Earth Observation (EO)’?
2) West Bengal
4) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Jammu & Kashmir
The UT of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) has partnered with the United Kingdom Space Agency’s (UKSA) programme for a joint project on ‘Impact Based Flood Forecasting using Earth Observation (EO) based Information’ for getting India’s 1st Impact-based Flood Forecasting System. The system predicts impacts to people, their houses, crops, livestock and transport routes which will be used by the Government for minimizing challenges faced by people during flood events.
- Which organisation received the order (in Feb’21) to manufacture 2 Super Rapid Gun Mounts (SRGM) from Indian Navy?
1) Bharat Electronics
2) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL)
3) Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)
4) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
5) Bharat Dynamics
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)
On February 11, 2021, an Indian Navy has placed an order with engineering firm BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited) under which the latter will supply two Super Rapid Gun Mounts (SRGM) to the former. These are the main guns standardised for all Warships of the Indian Navy. The SRGM is a light weight, rapid-fire naval gun. High performance and flexibility in any air defence and anti-surface role, particularly in anti-missile role. Its firing rate can be selected from single shot to firing 120 rds/min.
- Which country received (in Feb’21) a financial assistance of $400 million from Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) for construction of 6.7 km Connectivity Project?
2) Sri Lanka
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Maldives
On February 12, 2021, Resreve Bank of India (RBI) has notified The Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP) of Maldives will get a $400 million funding from Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank), the agreement for the same is effective for Janaury 28, 2021. The terminal utilisation period is 60 months after the scheduled completion date of the project The 6.7 km Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP) will be the largest civilian infrastructure project in Maldives, connecting Male with three neighbouring islands.
- Which app/web portal was (in Feb’21) integrated into ‘Aarogya Setu’ app?
1) e-Sampada App
2) Mera Covid Kendra
3) Jeevan Seva App
4) Co-WIN portal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Co-WIN portal
India has integrated its COVID-19 Tracing App ‘Aarogya Setu’ & COVID-19 Vaccine Registration platform ‘Co-WIN portal (COVID Vaccine Intelligence Network)’. The integration will enable Users to download Vaccination certificates after they have received at least one dose of COVID-19 Vaccination. With the Integration, users can now access the CoWIN portal on Aaroga Setu app through a dedicated section. The Portal has 3 sections at present namely – Vaccine Information, Vaccination Certificate and Vaccination Dashboard.
- When is India’s National Productivity Day celebrated annually?
1) 13th February
2) 6th February
3) 9th February
4) 12th February
5) 10th February
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 12th February
The National Productivity Day is annually observed across India on 12th February to create awareness about productivity, that maximum output with optimum utilization of resources can be planned and achieved. The day is organised by the National Productivity Council(NPC). NPC is a constituent of Tokyo based Asian productivity organisation(APO), an Inter-Governmental Body. Indian is the founding member of APO.
- Where is a new Science city planned at the cost of Rs. 173 crores, as per the MoU signed (in Feb’21) between the state’s council for science & Tech. and National Council of Science Museums (NCSM)?
1) Guwahati, Assam
2) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
3) Gangtok, Sikkim
4) Cuttack, Odisha
5) Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand State Council for Science & Technology (UCOST) & National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) haved signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the establishment of INR 173 Crore Science City in Jhajhra area of Dehradun. The Science city will be a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Science Communication. The Science City will have galleries on Astronomy and Space Sciences, Robotics, Science and Technology heritage, geological life, climate change, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR) & others.
- Which state govt. constructed 57000 water structures under the “Jal Abhishekam” campaign, that was virtually inaugurated by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh in February 2021?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Madhya Pradesh
On 11th February 2021, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh virtually inaugurated more than 57000 water structures in Madhya Pradesh under the “Jal Abhishekam” campaign. These structures were created during the COVID-19 pandemic by linking the works with the MNREGA Scheme. The Jal Abhishekam campaign was conducted with the goal “Water for every Farm and Work for every hand” which will improve the village, poor and farmers.
- Which state/UT govt. signed (in Feb’21) an MoU with Flipkart to boost the e-commerce sales of handmade artifacts & Small industrial produce of the state?
2) Jammu & Kashmir
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Maharashtra
On February 11, 2021 Flipkart signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Maharashtra Small Scale Industries Development Corporation (MSSIDC) and Maharashtra State Khadi & Village Industries Board (MSKVIB) to bring Maharashtra’s artisans, weavers, craftsmen and Small and medium-size Businesses (SMBs) of the state into the e-commerce strata. The MoU is signed under the Flipkart Samarth initiative. This partnership boosts the ‘Vocal for Local’ efforts of the Government of India.