AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 August 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which company along with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission released the 2nd edition of Student Entrepreneurship Program?
1) HCL Technologies
2) Tata Consultancy Services
3) Dell Technologies
4) Tech Mahindra
5) Oracle Financial ServicesAnswer-3) Dell Technologies
NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) in collaboration with Dell Technologies has launched the 2nd edition of Student Entrepreneurship Program (SEP 2.0) for young innovators of Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs). Objective of SEP: To accelerate the entrepreneurial journey of young innovators who can play a major role in creating a new innovative India.
- How many tribal freedom fighter museums are under development by ministry of tribal affairs to recognize the contribution of the tribal freedom fighters?
5) 6Answer-4) 9
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs(MoTA) announced that the nine Tribal Freedom Fighters Museums that are under development by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs to recognize the contribution of the tribal freedom fighters will be completed by the end of 2022.
- Union Jal Shakti minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has launched the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) academy. What is the constituency of Gajendra Singh Shekhawat?
5) KishanganjAnswer-1) Jodhpur
Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Union Minister for Jal Shakti launched the Swachh Bharat Mission(SBM) Academy, an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) based free mobile online training course with modules on the Open Defecation Free (ODF) Plus programme at an event in New Delhi. It is launched as part of ‘GandagiMukt Bharat’, the ongoing week-long behaviour change campaign.Union Minister- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat(Constituency- Jodhpur, Rajasthan).
- Who launched KrishiMegh along with the KVC ALUNET recently?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Narendra Modi
3) Pralhad Patel
4) Harsh Vardhan
5) Narendra Singh TomarAnswer-5) Narendra Singh Tomar
Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar virtually launched the KrishiMegh (National Agricultural Research & Education System -Cloud Infrastructure and Services) along with the KVC ALUNET (KrishiVishwavidyalayaChhatr Alumni Network) and Online Accreditation System for Higher Agricultural Educational Institutions (HEI) on the lines of the Digital India initiative.
- As per Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas’s guidelines, the entity with net worth of at least ______ is eligible for obtaining the liberalized license to sell petrol and diesel to both retail & bulk consumers.
1) 750 Crore
2) 1000 Crore
3) 500 Crore
4) 200 Crore
5) 100 CroreAnswer-3) 500 Crore
In order to increase private sector participation in the marketing of petrol and diesel, the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has simplified the guidelines for grant of authorization for bulk and retail marketing of Motor Spirit (Petrol) and High Speed Diesel (Diesel), Any entity with a net worth of at least Rs.500 crore is eligible for obtaining the liberalizedlicense to sell petrol and diesel to both retail & bulk consumers and a net worth of Rs 250 crore can get a license to retail petrol and diesel to either bulk or retail consumers.
- On occasion of ______ foundation day, the TRIFED launched its own virtual office network to spearhead Tribal socio-economic development.
5) 15thAnswer-3) 33rd
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) under Ministry of Tribal Affairs reiterated its commitment towards the transformation of tribal lives on the occasion of its 33rd Foundation Day on August 6, 2020. On the occasion TRIFED Launches its Own Virtual Office Network to Spearhead Tribal Socio-Economic Development.
- The National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP) was funded by Government of India and which bank?
1) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
2) New Development Bank (NDB)
3) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
4) World Bank (WB)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) World Bank (WB)
KrishiMegh, the data recovery centre of ICAR has been set up under the National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP), which is funded by both the World Bank and the Indian government.
- KrishiMegh, the data recovery centre of ICAR has been set up at National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) in which city?
5) MumbaiAnswer-3) Hyderabad
The data recovery centre-KrishiMegh has been set up at National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM), in Hyderabad.
- Which is the 1st country in the world to officially register a COVID-19 vaccine named ‘Sputnik V’?
3) United States
5) IndiaAnswer-2) Russia
Russia becomes the world’s 1st country to officially register a coronavirus(COVID-19) vaccine and declare it ready for use. The vaccine will be marketed in foreign markets under the name ‘Sputnik V’, after the world’s first satellite Sputnik. The vaccine has been developed jointly by the Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology and the Russian Defence Ministry.
- Alexander Grigoryevich Lukashenko has won his sixth consecutive presidential term of Belarus recently. What is the capital of Belarus?
5) WarsawAnswer-3) Minsk
The Central Election Commission of the Republic of Belarus said that the country’s longtime authoritarian leader Alexander Grigoryevich Lukashenko has won his sixth consecutive presidential term(1994-present) by taking over 80% of the votes.Belarus: Capital – Minsk.
- Find the company which unveiled ‘Special Revival Campaign’ to revive lapsed policies.
1) United India Insurance
2) State Bank of India
3) Bank of Baroda
4) Life Insurance Corporation
5) Punjab National BankAnswer-4) Life Insurance Corporation
Life Insurance Corporation(LIC) has unveiled ‘Special Revival Campaign’ from August 10 to October 9, 2020 to provide an opportunity for its policyholders to revive lapsed policies.
- Which foundation partnered with USAID to launch the W-GDP womenconnect challenge across India?
1) Foundation for Mother and Child Health
2) Care Foundation
3) Bill & Melinda Foundation
4) Reliance Foundation
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) Reliance Foundation
Under the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative, US Agency for International Development (USAID) and Reliance Foundation, arm of Reliance Industries Ltd, have partnered to bridge the gender digital divide in India. Through the partnership they will launch the W-GDP Women Connect Challenge(WCC) across India in 2020.
- What is the rank of MukeshAmbani in world’s richest person list as per Bloomberg Billionaires Index (August 2020)?
5) 9Answer-3) 4
Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director MukeshAmbani has surpassed Bernard Arnault, chairman and Chief Executive Officer of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton to become the world’s fourth-richest person. As per the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Ambani’s net worth is now at $80.2 billion (approxRs 6 lakh crore) after adding $22 billion to his wealth in 2020.
- Which state has signed MoU with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)for setting up a World-Class Skill Development Institute?
5) PunjabAnswer-1) Goa
Goa’s Directorate of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (DSDE) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) for setting up a World-Class Skill Development Institute to provide Advanced Skills Training under “Skill India Mission”. The MoU was signed virtually by Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, MahendraNath Pandey and Goa Skill Development Minister, VishwajitRane.
- The Delhi government has signed MoU with Tata projects limited and which IIT to construct smog tower?
1) IIT Delhi
2) IIT Madras
3) IIT Bombay
4) IIT Faridabad
5) IIT CalcuttaAnswer-3) IIT Bombay
The Delhi government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)-Bombay and Tata Projects Limited to construct a 20-metre-high smog tower in Connaught Place, New Delhi following the orders of Supreme Court(SC). As per the MoU smog tower to be completed in 10 months. The project is expected to cost around Rs 19 crore.
- Who heads the “National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration” formulated by central government?
1) Amitabh Kant
3) Rajiv Kumar
4) Ajay Tyagi
5) VK PaulAnswer-5) VK Paul
Central Government has formulated an expert committee namely “National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration” under the chairmanship of Dr VK Paul, a member (health) at the NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog to consider the logistics, ethical aspects of procurement, and administration of COVID-19 vaccine in discussion with all state governments and vaccine manufacturers.
- Name the person who has become the new chairman of Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER).
1) Isher Judge Ahluwalia
4) Amrita Goldar
5) Arpita MukherjeeAnswer-2) PramodBhasin
Isher Judge Ahluwalia, the Chairperson of the think tank of Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations(ICRIER), who assumed office on 8th August 2005 and held the position for the past 15 years, resigned due to health issues. She will continue as the Chairperson Emeritus, a position created to honour her contributions to the council. PramodBhasin the current vice chairman of the board of governors of ICRIER is appointed as the new Chairman.
- Corporate Affairs secretary Rajesh Verma released the “Report of the Committee on Business Responsibility Reporting”. Who chairs the committee which framed the report?
1) Rajesh Verma
2) Gyaneshwar Kumar Singh
3) Carol M. Browner
4) Injeti Srinivas
5) Vinita BaliAnswer-2) Gyaneshwar Kumar Singh
Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), Rajesh Verma released the “Report of the Committee on Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR)” from New Delhi which has recommended a new reporting framework called as” Business Responsibility and Sustainability Report (BRSR)” as the demand for non-financial reporting is growing due to increase trends of ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) investing. It should be noted that the 8-member committee, chaired by Gyaneshwar Kumar Singh, Joint Secretary, MCA was formulated by Injeti Srinivas, Secretary, MCA. Injeti Srinivas retired on May 31, 2020.
- The Competition Commission of India has approved proposed combination pertaining to Joint Venture formation between Honda Motor and which company?
2) Aditya Birla
5) GitanjaliAnswer-3) Hitachi
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the proposed combination filed jointly by Keihin Corporation(KC), Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd.(NKCL), Showa Corporation (SC) and Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.(HIAMS) to form a Joint Venture(JV) between Honda Motor Co. Limited(HAMCL) and Hitachi Limited(HL).
- Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) approved the capital acquisitions of various platforms and equipment for an approximate cost of Rs 8,722.38 crore recently. Who is the chairman of DAC?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Narendra Singh Tomar
3) Narendra Modi
4) Rajnath Singh
5) Nirmala SitharamanAnswer-4) Rajnath Singh
Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) in its meeting held under the Chairmanship of RakshaMantriRajnath Singh approved the capital acquisitions of various platforms and equipment for an approximate cost of Rs 8,722.38 crore. This decision has been taken on the lines of the “Atmanirbhar Bharat” under which equipment for armed forces will be developed indigenously.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited deployed two Light Combat Helicopters (LCH) for operations at ________.
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Jammu & Kashmir
5) OdishaAnswer-3) Ladakh
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) manufactured two Light Combat Helicopters (LCH) have been deployed for operations at high altitude (Ladakh sector) to support Indian Air Force (IAF) missions amid prevailing situation on the India-China border. Notably, the twin engine LCH is the lightest attack helicopter in the world designed and developed by HAL to meet the specific and unique requirements of Indian Armed Forces under the “AtmaNirbhar Bharat”.
- Which is the India’s 1st private aerospace company to test fire 1st of its kind upper stage rocket engine named “Raman”?
1) Skyroot Aerospace
2) Airnetz Aviation
3) BrahMos Aerospace
4) Boeing India
5) Aroon Aviation ServicesAnswer-1) Skyroot Aerospace
Skyroot Aerospace, Indian aerospace startup successfully test fired an upper stage rocket engine “Raman”, India’s first 100% 3D printed bi-propellant liquid rocket engine injector named after the Nobel laureate Sir CV Raman and became the first private aerospace company in India to test a rocket engine developed in India.
- Nokia plans to set up robotics lab at which institute for 5G research?
1) Indian Institute of Technology Indore
2) Indian Institute of Science
3) Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
4) Indian Institute of Technology Ropar
5) Institute of Chemical TechnologyAnswer-2) Indian Institute of Science
Nokia has announced a collaboration with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), the country’s leading institute and university for research and higher education in science and engineering, to establish the Nokia Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Networked Robotics. The CoE will promote inter-disciplinary research involving robotics, advanced communication technologies and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to develop socially relevant use cases across areas like emergency management, agriculture and industrial automation. The centre will promote engagement and cooperation between academia, start-ups and industry ecosystem partners in research and development of use cases. This centre supports and aligns with the Government initiatives of ‘Start-up India’.
- Which department along with NITI Aayog launched the Consortium for Affordable & Rapid Diagnostics (CARD) to speed up India’s capacity to make COVID-19 testing kits?
1) Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals
2) Department for Science and Technology
3) Department of Health and Family Welfare
4) Department of Biotechnology
5) Department of Internal SecurityAnswer-4) Department of Biotechnology
NITIAayog and the Department of Biotechnology have launched the Consortium for Affordable & Rapid Diagnostics (CARD) to scale up India’s capacity to make coronavirus testing kits. The move comes after India faced quality issues with Chinese-made antibody testing kits.
- RahatIndori who passed away recently is the renowned poet in which language?
5) BengaliAnswer-2) Urdu
Urdu Poet & Lyricist, RahatIndori who was being treated for COVID-19 died of Heart Attack at Aurobindo Hospital, Indore.He was born as Rahat Qureshi on 1 January, 1950 in Indore. He taught Urdu literature at Devi Ahilya University, and was awarded PhD from Bhoj University in Madhya Pradesh for his thesis titled ‘Urdu Main Mushaira’.
- GK Menon who died in August 2020 is a renowned ______.
1) Social Activist
2) Theatre Director
3) Classical Singer
4) Pop Singer
5) Sports JournalistAnswer-5) Sports Journalist
Veteran sports journalist Gopal Krishna(G.K) Menon passed away at 93 in suburban Mumbai, Maharashtra. He has worked with the Indian Express and The Times of India before which he was a freelancer. He was an active member of the Shivaji Park Gymkhana in Dadar, Central Mumbai.
- International Youth day is observed annually on August 12. What is the 2020’s theme for the day?
1) Youth Civic Engagement
2) Eradicating Poverty and Achieving Sustainable Consumption and Production
3) Youth Engagement for Global Action
4) Transforming education
5) Youth Building PeaceAnswer-3) Youth Engagement for Global Action
The United Nations(UNs) International Youth Day(IYD) is annually celebrated on 12th August to raise awareness on the legal and cultural problems related to the youths all over the world and to celebrate and focus on the voices, actions and initiatives of young people. IYD 2020 is convened by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) in partnership with the Inter-Agency Network on Youth Development(IANYD) Youth Caucus and Create2030. The First International Youths day was observed on 12th August 2000. The IYD 2020 is celebrated under the theme – “Youth Engagement for Global Action”.
- When was World Elephant Day observed annually?
1) 19th August
2) 15th August
3) 17th August
4) 21st August
5) 12th AugustAnswer-5) 12th August
The 12th August of every year is celebrated as the World Elephant Day to create awareness on the need to conserve and preserve the elephants and their habitats. The First World Elephant Day was celebrated on 12th August 2012.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Mount Sinabung volcano which is in news recently is located in which state?
5) United StatesAnswer-4) Indonesia
Indonesia’s Mount Sinabung volcano erupted on August 10, 2020, sending a column of ash and smoke more than 16,000 feet into the air. The volcano became active in 2010, erupting after nearly 400 years of inactivity. According to the National Museum of Natural History (NMNH), USA, generally, there are about 20 volcanoes actively erupting every day.Mt. Sinabung, an active volcano on Indonesia’s Sumatra island has erupted.
- Depsang plains which is in news recently is located in which Indian state/UT?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
5) ManipurAnswer-1) Ladakh
India and China have held talks at the Major General-level to discuss issues concerning the strategic Depsang Plains.The Depsang Plains along with Pangong Tso are the two major areas of concern in the ongoing standoff along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh.Depsang is also close to the Karakoram Pass, overlooking the very strategic Saltoro Ridge and Siachen glacier.
- Sharda river originates at which state/UT?
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Jammu & Kashmir
5) OdishaAnswer-4) Uttarakhand
The water level of Sharda Barrage in the Banbasa area of the Champawat district are constantly rising due to the rise in the level of Sharda river following incessant rainfall in Uttarakhand. The Sharda River, also called Kali River and Mahakali River, originates at Kalapani in the Himalayas at an elevation of 3,600 m in the Pithoragarh district in Uttarakhand, India.
- Chhatrasal Stadium is located in which state/UT?
5) HaryanaAnswer-3) Delhi
Delhi government has decided to cancel the mega cultural programme of the Independence Day celebration at the Chhatrasal Stadium.
- Gaya International Airport is located in which state?
5) West BengalAnswer-3) Bihar
Gaya Airport, also known as Bodhgaya Airport, is an international airport serving Gaya, Bihar, India.