AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 & 14 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which organization recently (in Feb’22) launched Community Innovator Fellowship (CIF) along with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)-NITI Aayog?
1) UNICEF India
2) World Bank India
3) UNDP India
4) WHO India
5) UNEP IndiaAnswer-3) UNDP India
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), India launched the Community Innovator Fellowship (CIF) marking the ‘International Day of Women & Girls in Science’.
Aim – To provide necessary infrastructure and knowledge building for the young community innovators in their entrepreneurial journey.
- Which of the following points is correct with respect to the Central Sector scheme named “SMILE” that was launched in February 2022?
1) SMILE stands for Support for Marginalized Individuals for Livelihood & Enterprise.
2) The Scheme was launched by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment with an outlay of Rs 365 Crore for 2021-22 to 2025-26.
3) The Objective of the scheme is to provide welfare & rehabilitation to the Transgender community & the people engaged in begging.
4) There are 2 sub schemes under SMILE that will be implemented by National Coordinators along with a suitable Ministry.
5) All the aboveAnswer-5) All the above
i. The SMILE -Support for Marginalized Individuals for Livelihood & Enterprise Scheme was launched by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment with an outlay of Rs 365 Crore for 2021-22 to 2025-26.
ii. The Objective of the scheme is to provide welfare & rehabilitation to the Transgender community & the people engaged in begging.
iii. There are 2 sub schemes under SMILE that will be implemented by National Coordinators along with a suitable Ministry. The 2 subschemes are ‘Central Sector Scheme for Comprehensive Rehabilitation for Welfare of Transgender Persons’ and ‘Central Sector Scheme for Comprehensive Rehabilitation of persons engaged in the act of Begging’
- Which health schemes were recently (in Feb’22) integrated with the Aarogya Setu app by the National Health Authority to create 14-digit unique Account numbers?
1) Central Government Health Scheme
2) Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna
3) Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
4) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
5) Ayushman Bharat Digital MissionAnswer-5) Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
The National Health Authority announced the integration of its flagship Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission with the Aarogya Setu app, allowing users to create the 14-digit unique Ayushman Bharat Health Account numbers from the app.
i. This integration takes the benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) number to the Aarogya Setu user base.
- Which country recently (in Feb’22) signed an MoU with India on tourism cooperation to boost bilateral relations in tourism?
5) IsraelAnswer-4) Australia
India and Australia signed an MoU on Tourism cooperation in the field of Tourism to enhance cooperation and encourage expansion of bilateral relations in tourism.
i. Through the MoU, information and data related to tourism will be exchanged between both nations, and Cooperation between tourism stakeholders, especially hotels and tour operators, and education providers in tourism and hospitality will be improved.
Capital – Canberra
Prime minister – Scott Morrison
Currency – Australian dollar
- In February 2022, FM Nirmala Sitharaman launched the first colour souvenir coin on ________ during the 17th foundation day of SPMCIL.
3) Bhagavad Gita
5) Jataka talesAnswer-2) Panchatantra
The Finance Minister (FM) Nirmala Sitharaman launched the first colour souvenir coin on ‘Panchatantra’ on the occasion of 17th foundation day of Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL).
About Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL):
Chairman & Managing Director– Tripti Patra Ghosh
Incorporated – 13th January, 2006
- In February 2022, PM Narendra Modi virtually addressed the high-level segment of One Ocean Summit on 11th February, 2022.
Which of the following points are correct with respect to One Ocean Summit 2022?
A) The One Ocean summit is organized by the USA which was held in New Jersey, United States in cooperation with the United Nations and the UNEP.
B) During the summit, UNESCO pledged to have at least 80% of the seabed mapped by 2030 to understand the location of ocean faults.
C) UNESCO also announced that by 2025, ocean education will be included in the school curricula of its 193 member countries.
1) Only A
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-3) Only B & C
The One Ocean summit is organized by France from 9-11 February in Brest, Brittany-France in cooperation with the United Nations and the World Bank to mobilize the international community to take tangible action towards preserving and supporting healthy and sustainable ocean ecosystems.
i. During the summit, UNESCO pledged to have at least 80 percent of the seabed mapped by 2030 to understand the location of ocean faults.
ii. UNESCO also announced that by 2025, ocean education will be included in the school curricula of its 193 member countries.
- In February 2022, ________ became the world’s 1st country to permit unmanned aerial vehicles or drones to operate in civilian airspace.
5) UKAnswer-4) Israel
Israel becomes the World’s first country to allow drones to operate in civilian airspace. The Ministry of Transport and Road Safety of Israel announced the certification for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) to operate in civilian airspace.
i. Hermes Starliner Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS), is the 1st UAV to receive such a certification.
Prime minister– Naftali Bennett
Currency- Israeli Shekel
- Who was appointed (in Feb’22) as the Chairman of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) by succeeding Deepti Umashankar?
1) Ashim Khurana
2) S Kishore
3) Raj Sharma
4) A Bhattacharyya
5) B SankaranAnswer-2) S Kishore
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of S Kishore as the Chairman of Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
i. He succeeds Deepti Umashankar, who has been serving as the chairman of SSC (Additional Charge) since 2021.
ii. Prior to this appointment, he was serving as Special Secretary, Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI).
- Name the bank that recently (in Feb’22) acquired a 21% stake in Union Bank of India in IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company.
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Bank of Baroda
3) Canara Bank
4) Bank of Maharashtra
5) Bank of IndiaAnswer-2) Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda (BoB) is set to acquire a 21% stake in IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Limited (IndiaFirst Life / IFLIC) from Union Bank of India (UBI).
i. The acquisition is pursuant to a ‘Right of First Offer (ROFO)’ made by UBI to the existing shareholders of IndiaFirst Life, to divest 21% of its stake in IndiaFirst Life.
ii. At present, the shareholding in IFIC is BoB holds 44%, Carmel Point Investments India holds 26% and Union Bank holds 30%.
- What is the theme of Productivity Week 2022, which was observed across India from 12th February to 18th February, 2022?
1) Industry 4.0 Leapfrog Opportunity for India
2) Self Reliance Through Productivity
3) From Waste to Profits through Reduce, Recycle & Reuse
4) Ease of Doing Business for Productivity & Sustainable Growth
5) Circular Economy for Productivity & SustainabilityAnswer-2) Self Reliance Through Productivity
National Productivity Day is annually observed across India on February 12th to commemorate the formation of the National Productivity Council of India (NPC).
i. The week following the National Productivity Day, 12th February to 18th February is annually observed as the Productivity week.
ii. The observance of the National Productivity Day and Productivity week is organized by NPC.
iii. The theme of the Productivity Week 2022(12th to 18th February 2022) is “Self Reliance Through Productivity”. The theme in Hindi is “उत्पादकता के माध्यम से आत्म निर्भरता”.