AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Name the organization that was recently (in Oct’ 21) launched by PM Narendra Modi to boost space technology & to act as an independent agency on space matters.
1) Bharat Space Corporation
2) One Web Private Limited
3) Dhruva Space Association
4) Indian Space Association
5) Skyroot Aerospace Limited
Answer-4) Indian Space Association
PM Narendra Modi virtually launched the Indian Space Association (ISpA), a private industry body to help boost space technology in India. ISpA will participate and work with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and other stakeholders of both government and its agencies.
- Which organization recently (in Oct’ 21) entered into an arrangement with ‘NewSpace India Limited’ (NSIL) to use ISRO’s PSLV & GSLV-MkIII to launch its satellites?
5) Kepler Communications
OneWeb entered into an arrangement with NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), the commercial arm of ISRO, to use Indian-built PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) & the heavier GSLV (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle)-MkIII as potential platforms to launch OneWeb’s satellites in India.
About NewSpace India Limited (NSIL):
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
CMD – G. Narayanan
- Which country recently (in Oct’ 21) signed two agreements worth USD 3.15 billion with India to boost cross-border train services?
1) Sri Lanka
India and Nepal have signed two agreements worth USD 3.15 billion, aimed at boosting cross-border train services and to improve regional connectivity and trade. The two countries reviewed progress on theRaxaul-Kathmandu railway link and discussed several phase-II railway link projects.
President – Bidhya Devi Bhandari
Capital – Kathmandu
- India invited 46 Indian Ocean Region countries to participate in a Naval Exercise that is planned to be held at Visakhapatnam in February 2022. Name the Naval exercise.
2) Samudra Shakti
3) Ex Milan
4) Malabar Exercise
5) IN-Ex CORPAT
Answer-3) Ex Milan
India’s largest Naval exercise, Ex Milan, was scheduled to be hosted by the Indian Navy in February 2022 at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. 46 countries have been invited to attend the exercise. It was first started in 1995 to bring together the Navies of all the countries in the Indian Ocean region.
About Indian Navy:
Commander-in-Chief of Armed forces – President Ram Nath Kovind
Chief of the Naval Staff – Admiral Karambir Singh
- As per the 2021’s ‘Henley Passport Index (HPI)’, India was ranked at ______ place in Q4 of 2021 while _______ along with Singapore topped the ranking.
1) 84; Japan
2) 84; Germany
3) 90; Japan
4) 90; Germany
5) 106; Japan
Answer-3) 90; Japan
According to the ‘Henley Passport Index (HPI) 2021’ released by Henley and Partners, India’s ranking has slipped by 6 places to 90th from 84th in Q4 2021 allowing its passport holders to travel 58 countries without visa.
i. The index has been topped by Japan and Singapore as they allow visa-free travel to 192 countries to their passport holders.
- Which organization recently (in Oct’ 21) recognised ‘Access to a Clean and Healthy Environment’ as a fundamental right?
1) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
2) United Nation Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
3) Global Alliance on Health and Pollution (GAHP)
4) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
5) International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
Answer-2) United Nation Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
High Commissioner for United Nation Human Rights Council (UNHRC), Michelle Bachelet addresses the Human Rights Council and recognisedaccess to a clean and healthy environment as a fundamental right.
About United Nation Human Rights Council (UNHRC):
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
President – NazhatShameem Khan
- In October 2021, ‘Nobel Prize in Economics’ was given to ______ for his contributions to labour economics and Joshua D. Angrist & Guido W. Imbens for their contributions towards _________.
1) Ragnar Frisch; Improvements to auction theory
2) David Card; Analysis of causal relationships
3) David Card; Improvements to auction theory
4) Jan Tinbergen; Analysis of causal relationships
5) Jan Tinbergen; Improvements to auction theory
Answer-2) David Card; Analysis of causal relationships
2021’s ‘Nobel Prize in Economics’ was given to David Card for his empirical contributions to labour economics and Joshua D. Angrist and Guido W. Imbens for their methodological contributions to the analysis of causal relationships.
i. The first ever Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences was awarded to Ragnar Frisch and Jan Tinbergen in 1969.
- Under the provisions of __________, President of India, Ram Nath Kovind (in Oct’ 21) appointed Chief Justices to __________ High Courts.
1) Article 217; 8
2) Article 217; 12
3) Article 245; 8
4) Article 245; 12
5) Article 270; 8
Answer-1) Article 217; 8
Ram Nath Kovind, President of India, has approved the appointment of the chief justices(CJ) to 8 high courts(HC) across India. The appointments were made in the exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of Article 217 of the Constitution.
•Allahabad HC- Justice Rajesh Bindal
•Calcutta HC- Justice Prakash Shrivastava
•Gujarat HC- Justice Aravind Kumar
- Who won 2021’s Turkish Grand Prix?
1) Max Verstappen
2) Lewis Hamilton
3) Sergio Perez
5) Charles Leclerc
ValtteriBottas Won the Turkish Grand Prix 2021 which was held in Istanbul Park, Turkey. His Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton finished fifth and lost the Formula One championship lead to Red Bull’s Max Verstappen.
About Valtteri Viktor Bottas:
- Which of the following point(s) are correct with respect to the 2021 World Wrestling Championships (WWC)?
A) 2021 World Wrestling Championships was held at Oslo, Norway.
B) Sakshi Malik becomes the first Indian woman to win a Gold medal at the 2021’s WWC in the women’s 57 kg division.
C) SaritaMor bags the bronze medal in the 59kg category.
1) Only A & B
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) All A, B & C
5) Only A
Answer-3) Only A & C
i. The 2021 World Wrestling Championships (WWC) was held at Oslo, Norway.
ii. Anshu Malik becomes the first Indian woman to win a silver medal at the 2021’s WWC in the women’s 57 kg division.
iii. SaritaMorbags the bronze medal in the 59kg category.