AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which organisation (in May’21) partnered with Mobile Payment Forum of India (MPFI) to boost India’s Digital Transactions?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Bombay
3) IIT Roorkee
4) IIT Guwahati
5) IIT Ropar
Answer-1) IIT Madras
Researchers from IIT Madras & members of Mobile Payment Forum of India (MPFI) are set to work together for boosting digital money transactions in India.
MPFI is a Joint initiative of IDRBT, Hyderabad & IIT Madras. It played a key role in developing interoperability and security standards for Immediate Payment Service (IMPS), and UPI.
- In May 2021, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) announced 48.32 sq. kms around _____________ as an Eco-Sensitive Zone.
1) Vikramshila Dolphin Sanctuary
2) Puttenahalli Lake
3) Thane Creek Flamingo Sanctuary
4) Haliday Island Wildlife Sanctuary
5) Okhla Sanctuary
Answer-3) Thane Creek Flamingo Sanctuary
The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has notified 48.32 Square Kilometres area around the Thane Creek Flamingo Sanctuary (TCFS), Thane, Maharashtra as an Eco-Sensitive Zone (ESZ).
Union Minister – Prakash Javadekar (Rajya Sabha, Maharashtra)
Minister of State – Babul Supriyo (Lok Sabha – Asansol, West Bengal)
- In May 2021, the Ministry of Agriculture has formulated a special Kharif strategy for 2021 with Special focus on which crop?
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare(MoAFW) formulated a special Kharif strategy for implementation in the ensuing Kharif 2021 season. The strategy aims to attain self-sufficiency in the production of pulses like Tur, Moong and Urad.
- Which country (in May’21) partnered with UNDP-India for developing Oxygen Generation plants in North-Eastern India?
The Government of Japan & United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)-India have partnered to provide oxygen generation plants to the North Eastern (NE) Region in India.
- Which organisation formulated the ‘Asia Pacific Tax Hub’ to enhance International Cooperation for strengthening global tax administration?
1) Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
2) Asian Development Bank
3) Association of Southeast Asian Nations
4) New Development Bank
5) World Trade Organization
Answer-2) Asian Development Bank
Asian Development Bank (ADB) launched the ‘Asia Pacific Tax Hub’ to enhance International Tax Cooperation for promoting strategic policy dialogue, improving knowledge sharing & strengthening coordination on tax policy and administration among ADB members.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman participated in ADB’s 54th Annual Meeting 2021, where she highlighted the importance of setting up of SAARC COVID-19 Emergency Fund.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
President – Masatsugu Asakawa
Headquarters – Manila, Philippines
Establishment year – 1966
- Who recently (in May’21) became the 1st Indian to win Sheikh Zayed Book Award?
1) Tahera Qutbuddin
2) Jurgen Habermas
3) Mizouni Bannani
4) Iman Mersal
5) Khelil Gouia
Answer-1) Tahera Qutbuddin
Chicago, won the Sheikh Zayed Book Award in 2021 for her book titled “Arabic Oration: Art and Function”. She became the 1st person from India to win the award.
Sheikh Zayed Book Award is given by the UAE for extraordinary literature works on Arabic culture.
- Who recently (in May’21) became the 1st Indian Judge to receive the Arline Pacht Global Vision Award of the International Association of Women Judges (IAWJ)?
1) Vijaya K. Tahilramani
2) R. Banumathi
3) Indu Malhotra
4) Indira Banerjee
5) Gita Mittal
Answer-5) Gita Mittal
Justice Gita Mittal, Former Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) High Court received the Arline Pacht Global Vision Award for 2021 by the International Association of Women Judges (IAWJ). She became the 1st IndianJudge to receive the honour.
- Who was appointed (in May’21) as the Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)?
1) Manoj Jain
2) Mukesh Kumar Surana
3) Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
4) Arun Kumar Singh
5) Shashi Shanker
Answer-4) Arun Kumar Singh
Arun Kumar Singh was appointed as the Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) by the Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) panel.
- In May 2021, RBI appointed __________________ as the Executive Director of RBI, who will be in charge of the Human Resource Management Department.
1) Swaminathan Gurumurthy
2) Natarajan Chandrasekaran
3) Revathy Iyer
4) Sachin Chaturvedi
5) Jose J Kattoor
Answer-5) Jose J Kattoor
RBI appointed Jose J Kattoor as its Executive Director (ED) with effect from 4th May 2021. He will manage the Human Resource Management Department, Corporate Strategy and Budget Department and Rajbhasha Department.
- To observe the Success of the Pokhran Nuclear test, India annually observes the National Technology Day.
Which are the points that are correctly related to National Technology Day?
A) National Technology Day is annually celebrated on 11th of May
B) Theme for 2021 is “Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future”
C) In Pokhran Nuclear tests, a series of 5 nuclear tests were conducted by India under Operation Vijay
1) Only C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) All A, B & C
5) Only A & B
Answer- 5) Only A & B
The National Technology Day is annually observed across India on 11th May to celebrate India’s major advancement in the field of Science and Technology.
i.The day marks the anniversary of the 1998 Pokhran Nuclear tests, a series of 5 nuclear tests conducted by India under Operation Shakti at Pokhran test range, Rajasthan.
ii.The theme of National Technology Day 2021 is “Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future”.