AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 July 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- In July 2022, the Ministry of Home Affairs established a 3-member commission for delimitation of municipal wards in Delhi.
The 3-member delimitation commission will be chaired by whom?
1) Pankaj Kumar Singh
2) Vijay Kumar Dev
3) Randhir Sahay
4) Narinder Nath Vohra
5) Naresh ChandraAnswer- 2) Vijay Kumar Dev
A 3-member delimitation commission has been established by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA), in accordance with its power under sections 3, 3A, and 5 of the Delhi Municipal Corporation (DMC) Act 1957, to assist the Central Government in delimitation of municipal wards in Delhi and carrying out other functions related to it.
The 3-member Commission:
i. Chairman – Vijay Kumar Dev, State Election Commissioner, Delhi
ii. The other 2 members: Pankaj Kumar Singh, Joint Secretary in Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs; and Randhir Sahay, Additional Commissioner, MCD.
iii. The commission will give its report within four months after its formation.
- Which organisation released the 22nd round of Systemic Risk Survey (SRS) that highlights the demand for credit is expected to see marginal to considerable improvement in the next 3 months?
1) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) Securities and Exchange Board of India
4) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
5) Small Industries Development Bank of IndiaAnswer-2) Reserve Bank of India
According to the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) 22nd round of Systemic Risk Survey (SRS), which was conducted in May 2022 demand for credit, is expected to see marginal to considerable improvement in the next three months.
i. Demand for credit is expected to ‘increase marginally’ according to 67.4% of the respondents and ‘increase considerably’ as per 4.3% of the respondents.
ii. On the other hand, the demand for credit is expected to ‘decrease marginally’ and ‘remain unchanged’ according to 17.4% and 10.9% of the respondents, respectively.
- In July 2022, which institute partnered with the NPCI to offer a master’s degree programme in Digital Payments for NPCI’s employees?
1) IIM Ahmedabad
2) Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management
3) IIT Roorkee
4) IIM Bangalore
5) Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management StudiesAnswer-5) Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has collaborated with Mumbai, Maharashtra -based Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) to co-create a master’s programme in management studies in digital payments for its employees.
i. The Degree was launched under NPCI’s “Learn while you Earn” higher education programme with its first batch commencing in June 2022.
ii. The launch aims to integrate aspects of technology, finance and information system and management studies into a single Master’s specialisation in digital payments.
- Who recently (in July’22) received the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star awards from the Japanese government?
1) Narayanan Kumar
2) Shyamala Ganesh
3) Seiichi Tanaka
4) Nripendra Misra
5) Syed Hamid AlbarAnswer-1) Narayanan Kumar
The Government of Japan has conferred the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star award on Narayanan Kumar, Vice Chairman of the Sanmar Group, for his contribution to strengthening economic relations between Japan and India.
i. The Award was honoured to Narayanan Kumar by Consul General of Japan in Chennai, Taga Masayuki.
ii. Narayanan Kumar also heads the Indo-Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry since 2015. He had served as the President of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in 1997-1998.
- Name the organisation that was recently (in July’22) signed an MoU with Safran Helicopter Engines to establish a new Joint Venture (JV) to manufacture helicopter engines.
1) Defence Research and Development Organisation
2) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
3) Bharat Electronics
4) Indian Space Research Organisation
5) Bharat DynamicsAnswer-2) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Safran Helicopter Engines, based in France, have signed an MoU to establish a new 50-50 Joint Venture (JV) to manufacture helicopter engines.
i. HAL and Safran Helicopter Engines will also offer MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul) services for the TM333 and Shakti engines in service by the Indian Armed Forces through their JV, Helicopter Engines MRO Pvt Limited (HE-MRO) in Goa. It is expected to be operational by the end of 2023.
- Which organisation recently (in July’22) tested a first-of-its-kind waste disposal technology by releasing 78 kg of garbage from the International Space Station (ISS)?
1) European Space Agency
2) Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
3) National Aeronautics and Space Administration
4) Indian Space Research Organisation
5) SpaceXAnswer- 3) National Aeronautics and Space Administration
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) tested a first-of-its-kind waste disposal technology by releasing around 78 kg (172 lbs) of garbage from the International Space Station (ISS).
i. The waste disposal technology has been jointly developed by NASA’s Johnson Space centre and Nanoracks.
ii. The garbage bag was removed from the Nanoracks’s commercial Bishop Airlock in ISS.Nanoracks Bishop Airlock is a world’s first commercial airlock to the International Space Station (ISS) infrastructure.
- Name the personality who recently (in July ’22) won the 2022 Austrian Grand Prix.
1) Carlos Sainz
2) Charles Leclerc
3) Lewis Hamilton
4) Max Verstappen
5) Sergio PérezAnswer-2) Charles Leclerc
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc has won the 2022 Austrian Grand Prix, a formula one race which took place over 71 laps of the 4.318-kilometre Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria.
i. Charles Leclerc was followed by Red Bull’s Max Verstappen finishing 2nd position and Mercedes’ seven-time world champion Lewis Hamilton finishing third in the race.
ii. It was the eleventh round of the 2022 Formula One World Championship, and the 35th running of the Austrian Grand Prix in a World Championship season.
- Recently (in July’22) Brijendra Kumar Syngal passed away. He was known as __________.
1) Father of Indian Communism
2) Father of Indian Internet
3) Father of Indian Economic Reforms
4) Father of Indian Animation
5) Father of Indian Software IndustryAnswer-2) Father of Indian Internet
Brijendra Kumar Syngal (BK Syngal), former Chairman of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL), was a pioneer in the Indian Telecommunication Sector and was referred to as the “Father of Indian Internet” has passed away at the age of 82.
i. Syngal’s biggest accomplishment was bringing the Internet to India in 1995 where, until then India was using the rudimentary version of the internet, called ERNET, that was limited to educational institutes.
ii. Books – ‘Telecom Man: Leading From the Front in India’s Digital Revolution’ is the book authored by Mr Syngal with journalist and fellow IITian Sandipan Deb.
- Name the Union Minister who was recently (in July’22) launched a book ‘Swadhinata Sangram Na Surviro’.
1) Amit Shah
2) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
3) Meenakshi Lekhi
4) G. Kishan Reddy
5) Bhupender YadavAnswer-3) Meenakshi Lekhi
Union Minister of State for External Affairs and Culture Meenakshi Lekhi launched a book titled ‘Swadhinata Sangram Na Surviro’, in Gujarati commemorating the contributions of freedom fighters. The book has been prepared by Hindu Spiritual and Service Foundation (HSSF) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
i. The book is a part of the “Swadhinta Ka Amrit Mahotsav” to mark the 75th year of the country’s Independence.
- When was World Population Day 2022 observed across the globe by the United Nations (UN)?
1) 8th July 2022
2) 11th July 2022
3) 9th July 2022
4) 12th July 2022
5) 10th July 2022Answer- 2) 11th July 2022
The United Nations(UN)’s World Population Day 2022 observed across the globe on 11th July 2022 to focus on the urgency and importance of population issues and their relation to environment and development issues.
i. World Population Day was first observed on 11th July 1990 in more than 90 countries across the globe.
ii. According to the UN’s data, the global population reached the 7 billion mark in 2011 and it was almost 7.9 billion in 2021. In 2022, the population is set to reach the mark of 8 billion.
iii. According to the 27th edition of United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division’s 2022 World Population Prospects, India is projected to surpass China as the world’s most populous country in 2023.