AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Q2FY22 of Quarterly Employment Survey (QES) report released in January 2022?
A) Total employment in the nine non-farm sectors is approximately 10 crore which is higher than the 3.08 crore from the first round of QES.
B) Overall percentage of female workers stood at 32.1%, higher than 29.3% during Q21FY22 of QES.
C) Ministry of Labour & Employment (MoL&E) released the Q2FY22 of QES survey, a part of All-India Quarterly Establishment-based Employment Survey (AQEES).
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A
3) Only B
4) Only C
5) Only A & BAnswer-1) All A, B & C
Total employment in the nine non-farm sectors is approximately 10 crore which is higher than the 3.08 crore from the first round of QES.
i. Overall percentage of female workers stood at 32.1%, higher than 29.3% during the first round of QES.
ii. The Ministry of Labour & Employment (MoL&E) released the Q2FY22 of QES survey, a part of All-India Quarterly Establishment-based Employment Survey (AQEES).
- Which Bank recently (in Jan’22) issued the industry’s 1st letter of credit (LC) on the Government-backed Platform called Secured Logistics Document Exchange (SLDE)?
1) Axis Bank
2) Federal Bank
3) YES Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-1) Axis Bank
Axis Bank issued the industry’s 1st letter of credit (LC) on the Secured Logistics Document Exchange (SLDE), a government-backed blockchain-enabled platform (launched in July 2021).
i. The deal, which was executed digitally on the SLDE platform, involved ArcelorMittal Nippon and Lalit Pipes & Pipes Limited (LPPL) (Axis bank’s client). The bank released an LC on behalf of LPPL.
- Which Company recently (in Jan’22) got the Category I licence for inter-state trading in electricity in India by the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC)?
1) National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
2) Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam
3) THDC India Limited
4) Northeast Electric Power Company
5) Tata PowerAnswer-2) Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam
Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN) got the Category I licence for inter-state trading in electricity in India, which was granted by the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC). SJVN has a portfolio of more than 16,000 megawatt (MW), out of which 2,016.5 MW is under operation.
i. Net worth Requirement: An entity or person applying for a Category `I` trading licence should have net worth of Rs 50 crore and should have maintained minimum current ratio and liquidity ratio of 1:1.
- Which country’s Power Exchange Ltd recently (in Jan’22) signed an energy trading agreement with India’s Manikaran Power Ltd to sell electricity?
5) Sri LankaAnswer-4) Nepal
Nepal Power Exchange Ltd (NPEL) signed an energy trading agreement with India’s Manikaran Power Ltd to sell electricity produced by the domestic private sector to India through India’s Manikaran Power.
i. This is the first agreement between the private sectors of India and Nepal to facilitate power trading.
ii. The agreement was signed during Nepal Power Market Summit 2022, which was held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
iii. The agreement will allow Nepal to sell 500 Megawatt (MW) of electricity to India in the initial phase.
- Recently (In Jan’22) Ind-Ra, Citibank & ICICI Bank have announced revised estimates of India’s GDP for FY22. What was the GDP forecast projected by Ind-Ra?
5) 9.3%Answer-5) 9.3%
Citigroup Inc., India Ratings & Research Private Limited (Ind-Ra) & ICICI Bank Ltd., have lowered India’s Gross Domestic Product estimates after the FAE of National Income at both Constant (2011-12) and Current Prices for FY22 released by National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of statistics and planning implementation (MOSPI) In January, 2022.
Rating Agency Revised Projection Citibank 9% India Ratings 9.3% ICICI Bank 9.6%
- In January 2022, who was named as the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan?
1) Hermes Lima
2) Daniel Ortega
3) Sergio Mattarella
4) Petr Fiala
5) Alikhan SmailovAnswer-5) Alikhan Smailov
Kazakhstan President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev nominated Alikhan Smailov as the PM of Kazakhstan and the lower house of parliament also voted in favour of him during a session that broadcasted live on state television.
i. Alikhan Smailov was appointed as the acting Prime Minister on 5 January 2022 following the resignation of the Askar Mamin Cabinet during the ongoing violent 2022 Kazakh protests.
ii. Alikhan Smailov has served as First Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan in 2019.
- Government of India will hold _________ stake in Vodafone Idea (as of Jan’22) after converting the interest on spectrum and Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR) dues into government equity.
5) 17.8%Answer-4) 35.8 %
i. The government is set to own 35.8 per cent in Vodafone Idea (Vi) after the financially-stressed telco decided to convert interest on spectrum and adjusted gross revenue (AGR) dues into equity.
ii. The Indian government will own almost 35.8% of VIL’s stake followed by Vodafone Group which owns 28.5% and 17.8% by Aditya Birla Group.
- In January 2022, India tested-fired an advanced sea to sea variant of BrahMos Supersonic Cruise missile from which INS?
1) INS Imphal
2) INS Visakhapatnam
3) INS Vela
4) INS Kolkata
5) INS VikramadityaAnswer-2) INS Visakhapatnam
India successfully test-fired an advanced sea to sea variant of BrahMos Supersonic Cruise missile from INS Visakhapatnam warship off the west coast. The missile hit the designated target ship precisely at the maximum range.
- Chris Morris recently (in Jan’22) announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. Which country did he represent in International Cricket?
1) New Zealand
2) South Africa
4) Sri Lanka
5) West IndiesAnswer-2) South Africa
South African (Proteas) all-rounder Chris Morris announced retirement from all forms of cricket at the age of 34, he is set to take up a coaching role for domestic cricket team – Titans in the CSA T20 Challenge.
i. Morris is the most expensive buy in the history of IPL 2021 auction, bagging Rs 16.25 crores by Rajasthan Royal.
- Which state will host the Khelo India Games in 2023?
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-4) Karnataka
Karnataka Minister for Youth Empowerment and Sports, K.C. Narayana Gowda announced that Karnataka will host the next Khelo India Games in 2023.
i. Khelo India Games for 2021 is scheduled to be held in February 2022 at Panchkula, Haryana.