AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 12 February 2022
- Who recently (in Feb’22) got appointed as the Chief Justice (CJ) of the Madras HC?
1) Ritu Raj Awasthi
2) Rajesh Bindal
3) Sanjib Banerjee
4) Akil Kureshi
5) Munishwar Nath BhandariAnswer-5) Munishwar Nath Bhandari
Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari (MN Bhandari), Acting Chief Justice (ACJ) of the Madras High Court (HC), has been appointed as the Chief Justice (CJ) of the Madras HC.
i. The appointment has been approved by the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind.
- Which company has the Highest Penetration of Digital Payments in India as per the Comscore report released in February 2022?
1) Amazon Pay
4) Google Pay
5) PhonePeAnswer-2) Paytm
In accordance with the Comscore report, Paytm has the highest digital payments with over 45% penetration in Fintech. Paytm is followed by Google Pay (mobile App) at 43% penetration (reach as percentage of total digital population).
i. The Comscore report revealed that financial services was among the top online content categories, accounting for 80 per cent of the total internet audience in India.
- Which bank recently (in Feb’22) partnered with Paisabazaar to offer a credit card named ‘Paisa on Demand’ (PoD)?
1) YES Bank
2) RBL Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-2) RBL Bank
Paisabazaar.com, a digital platform for consumer credit, has partnered with RBL Bank Limited to offer ‘Paisa on Demand’ (PoD), a credit card that will be exclusively available on the Paisabazaar platform.
Aim – To build products that offer integrated services for the large under-served segments across India.
- Who recently (in Feb’22) got reappointed as the Executive Chairman of Tata Sons for the period of 5 years?
1) Bhaskar Bhat
2) Farida Khambata
3) N Chandrasekaran
4) Ajay Piramal
5) Venu SrinivasanAnswer-3) N Chandrasekaran
Tata Sons reappointed Natarajan Chandrasekaran (N Chandrasekaran) as its Executive Chairman for the period of another five year term (2022-2027), starting from February 2022.
i. Ratan Tata, who was also present in the meeting of the Board of Tata Trusts that recommended a renewed term for the Executive Chairman.
About Tata Sons:
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman- Natarajan Chandrasekaran
- In February 2022, _______ was appointed as Managing Director & Chairman of Rockefeller International.
1) Rajiv J. Shah
2) Ruchir Sharma
3) Ashvin Dayal
4) Naveen Rao
5) Zia KhanAnswer-2) Ruchir Sharma
Former Morgan Stanley executive, Ruchir Sharma will take over as the Managing Director and Chairman of Rockefeller International, the international unit of Rockefeller Capital Management on 14th February 2022.
i. Previously he has served as the chief global strategist and head of emerging markets at Morgan Stanley Investment Management.
- Which organization recently (in Feb’22) selected the Multi-slit Solar Explorer (MUSE) & HelioSwarm missions to improve understanding of the Sun-Earth connection?
2) Blue Origin
5) JAXAAnswer-3) NASA
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has selected two science missions – the Multi-slit Solar Explorer (MUSE) and HelioSwarm to help improve our understanding of the dynamics of the Sun, the Sun-Earth connection, and the constantly changing space environment.
i. The MUSE mission helps scientists in understanding the forces driving the heating of the Sun’s corona and the eruptions in that outermost region.
ii. The HelioSwarm mission is a constellation or ‘swarm’ of 9 spacecraft that will capture the 1st multiscale in-space measurements of fluctuations in the magnetic field and motions of the solar wind known as solar wind turbulence.
- Name the Organization that recently (in Feb’22) launched the COSMO-SkyMed Second Generation FM2 satellite through Falcon 9 rocket from Florida, United States.
3) Blue Origin
5) European Space AgencyAnswer-1) SpaceX
SpaceX has finally launched COSMO (COnstellation of small Satellites for the Mediterranean basin Observation)-SkyMed Second Generation FM2 (CSG-2) satellite, an Italian Earth-observation satellite aboard its Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida, United States (US).
i. Objective – It will monitor the Earth and provide data risk management, cartography, forest & environment protection, natural resources exploration, land management, defence and security, maritime surveillance, food & agriculture management.
ii. The Satellite was built by Thales Alenia Space & funded by the Italian Space Agency.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the 15th Edition of ESPNcricinfo Awards 2021?
A) Indian wicketkeeper batsman Rishabh Pant won the Men’s Test batting Award in ESPNcricinfo Awards 2021.
B) The Men’s Test bowling award given to Kyle Jamieson (England), he was also named as Debutant of the year.
C) New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson has been given the honour of being named ‘Captain of the Year’.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-4) Only A & C
Indian wicketkeeper batsman Rishabh Pant won the Men’s Test batting Award in ESPNcricinfo Awards 2021.
i. The Men’s Test bowling award given to Kyle Jamieson (New Zealand) for his 5 wickets for just 31 runs.
• Ollie Robinson (England) was named as Debutant of the year.
ii. New Zealand Skipper Kane Williamson has been given the honour as ‘Captain of the Year’.
ICC Team Ranking (as of February 2022):
Test Ranking – Australia (Rank 1), India (Ranks 3)
ODI Ranking – New Zealand (Rank 1), India (Ranks 4)
T20I Ranking – England (Rank 1), India (Ranks 2)
- What is the theme of the 7th International Day of Women and Girls in Science that was observed on 11th February, 2022?
1) Beyond the Borders: Equality in Science for Society
2) Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Water Unites Us
3) Equality and Parity in Science for Peace and Development
4) Gender Equality in Science, Technology and Innovation
5) Equality for women is progress for allAnswer-2) Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Water Unites Us
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Women and Girls in Science is annually observed across the globe on 11th February to recognize the critical role women and girls play in science and technology.
i. The 11th February 2022 marks the observance of the 7th International Day of Women and Girls in Science.
ii. The theme of the 2022 International Day of Women and Girls in Science Assembly is “Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Water Unites Us”.
iii. The 1st ever International Day of Women and Girls in Science was observed on 11th February 2016.
- Which state/UT recently (in Feb’22) launched India’s 1st QR code-based Mechanism to Certify Handmade Carpets?
2) Andhra Pradesh
3) Jammu & Kashmir
5) New DelhiAnswer-3) Jammu & Kashmir
The Lieutenant Governor of the Union Territory (UT) of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K), Manoj Sinha launched the Quick Response (QR) Code-based mechanism for labelling the handmade carpets in J&K, a first-of-its-kind in the country.
Objective- With the QR-based application, customers can check and verify authenticity and other requisite details of carpets produced in Jammu and Kashmir.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification