AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which company got approval from Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) with a financial assistance of Rs.100 crores for developing its Urea manufacturing unit?
1) Deepak Fertilisers and Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd (DFPCL)
2) Krishak Bharati Cooperative Ltd (KRIBHCO)
3) Hindustan Fertilizer Corporation Ltd (HFCL)
4) Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizers Corporation Ltd (BVFCL)
5) Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd (GSFC)
Answer-4) Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizers Corporation Ltd (BVFCL)
On February 10, 2021, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has approved Grant-in-aid of Rs.100 crores to Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizers Corporation Limited (BVFCL), Namrup (Assam) for the strengthening of its urea manufacturing units. BVFCL is India’s first gas based urea manufacturing unit equipped with relevant infrastructure and feedstock availability.
- Which wing of the Indian Armed force conducts its largest War Game event ‘Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX)’?
1) Indian Army
2) Indian Coast Guard
3) Indian Air Force
4) Central Armed Police Forces
5) Indian Navy
Answer-5) Indian Navy
Indian Navy’s Largest War Game – the Biennial ‘Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX 21)’ is currently taking place at the Indian Ocean Region (IOR). Operational assets of the Indian Navy as well as Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Coast Guard were participating in the Exercise. TROPEX 21 is being conducted in 3 phases.
Phase I – Coastal Defence Exercise ‘Sea Vigil’
Phase II – Tri-Service Joint Amphibious Exercise – AMPHEX-21
Phase III – Weapon Workup Phase of TROPEX
- In February 2021, Central govt. gave approval for setting up a nodal authority to frame Approved Standardised Deep-Sea Fishing Vessels (DSFV) Design and Specifications (ASDDS). Under which scheme ASDDS is implemented?
1) Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP)
2) Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
3) PM SVANidhi
4) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
5) Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY)
Answer-2) Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
In order to aid the fisheries department of the states to fast-track the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY), the Central government has set up a nodal authority to frame Approved Standardised Deep-Sea Fishing Vessels (DSFV) Design and Specifications (ASDDS). Notably, the vessels constructed in compliance with ASDDS will attract a subsidy under the PMMSY scheme. PMMSY is a flagship scheme for sustainable development in fisheries sector with an estimated investment of Rs 20,050 crore for 5-year period.
- What is the utility of “SAKSHAM” web portal, that was launched (in Feb’21) by Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)?
1) Promote Science & Technology
2) Provide Free Technical courses
3) Job Portal
4) Organic Farming Portal
5) Provide MSME Export Guidelines
Answer-3) Job Portal
On Occasion of its 34th Foundation Day on February 10, 2021, Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) an autonomous organisation under Department of Science & Technology launched 2 new initiatives namely SAKSHAM Job Portal (Shramik Shakti Manch) & Sea Weed Mission. SAKSHAM is a job portal for mapping the skills of Shramiks (Workers) and connecting them directly to MSMEs (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) in their native places through WhatsApp & other offline platforms.
- Which organisation signed an MoU (in Feb’21) with Bangladesh for exporting Patrol Crafts and Offshore Patrol Vessels?
1) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd
2) Hindustan Shipyard Ltd (HSL)
3) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE)
4) Cochin Shipyard Ltd
5) Goa Shipyard Ltd (GSL)
Answer-5) Goa Shipyard Ltd (GSL)
During the 13th Edition of Aero India Show 2021, Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) signed 5 Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) & Agreements with various Industry partners to expand its capacity for Indigenous shipbuilding, ship repair and exports. It has signed MoUs with Hindustan Shipyard Ltd (HSL), SeaTech (Singapore), and with Industry representatives of Bangladesh. GSL’s MoU with Industry representatives of Bangladesh for export of Patrol Craft and Offshore Patrol Vessel.
- Which is India’s 1st Aircraft carrier & also the world’s longest serving warship?
1) INS Vikrant
2) INS Vikramaditya
3) INS Arihant
4) INS Viraat
5) INS Sahyadri
Answer-4) INS Viraat
Supreme Court bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) S A Bobde stayed dismantling of the decommissioned India’s first aircraft carrier INS Viraat (world’s longest-serving warship), was purchased by Shree Ram Group for a sum of ₹38.54 crore at an auction conducted by the Metal Scrap Trade Corporation Limited in July 2020 and was proposed to preserve it as a maritime museum.
- Which Life Insurance company has the highest claim settlement ratio for FY20 as per IRDAI’s annual report 2019-20?
1) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
2) HDFC Life
3) Tata AIA Life Insurance
4) Max Life Insurance
5) Life Insurance Corporation (LIC)
Answer-4) Max Life Insurance
In accordance with the data by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India’s (IRDAI) annual report 2019-20, the claim settlement ratio of Life Insurance Corp. (LIC) declined in FY20 to 96.6% from 97.7% in FY19. LIC was ranked 17th among the 24 life insurers. Among, private sector life insurer Max Life had the highest claim settlement ratio for the industry at 99.2%, which is the highest overall score, followed by HDFC Life and TATA AIA – with a settlement ratio above 99%.
- Which bank committed (in Feb’21) to invest USD 100 Million into the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF’s) Fund of Funds (FoF)?
1) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
2) World Bank
3) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
4) New Development Bank (NDB)
5) The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC)
Answer-4) New Development Bank (NDB)
National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL) has stated that New Development Bank (NDB) (formerly known as BRICS Development Bank) has committed to invest USD 100 Million (~ INR 727 Crore) into the NIIF Fund of Funds (FoF). This is the NDB’s 1st Equity Investment into India & the 1st ever Investment in an FoF. NIIF FoF was established in 2018 for providing Indian private equity fund managers access to an India-focused Institutional investor.
- Central government is planning to sell 20% stake of National Fertilizers Ltd (NFL) through an Offer For Sale (OFS) method for ________.
1) Rs 400 crore
2) Rs 250 crore
3) Rs 2400 crore
4) Rs 1500 crore
5) Rs 900 crore
Answer-1) Rs 400 crore
The Central Government is all set to sell 20% stake in National Fertilizers Ltd (NFL) out of its shareholding of 74.71% through an Offer For Sale (OFS) method of shares, which can fetch about Rs 400 crore. To initiate the sale process, the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) has invited tenders from merchant banks. It should be noted that NFL is the second largest producer of Urea in the country with a share of about 15% of total Urea production in the country.
- When was UN’s ‘International Day of Women and Girls in Science’ annually observed?
1) 12th February
2) 9th February
3) 5th February
4) 6th February
5) 11th February
Answer-5) 11th February
The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Women and Girls in Science is annually observed across the world on 11th February to recognize the critical role women and girls play in science and technology communities. The theme of 2021 event is “Women Scientists at the forefront of the fight against COVID-19”. The day aims to address the gender gap in the field of science, technology, engineering and mathematics(STEM) at all levels across the globe.